• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 06:16
CEST 12:16
KST 19:16
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War445.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
TL Sidebar missing streams BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Rollback Netcode in Brood War [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9092 users

Countdown until the Messiah returns.... - Page 6

Forum Index > BW General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 4 5 6 7 8 12 Next All
Gescom
Profile Joined February 2010
Canada3516 Posts
August 25 2011 15:05 GMT
#101
Yes, he's been training for a while now, but he hasn't been able to play in official matches.
Jaedong Hyuk || Bisu Jangbi || Fantasy Flash
Crais
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
Canada2136 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-08-25 15:09:25
August 25 2011 15:09 GMT
#102
[QUOTE]On August 25 2011 22:03 supernovamaniac wrote:
+ Show Spoiler +
I shall never forget the day where I started appreciating a certain race called zerg.

I have never played zerg in my life, and most likely, never will. Though I love how zerg can spit out massive units in few seconds, I was always overwhelmed by the amazing spell casters of protoss units and amazing defense by terran units. Never liked zerg, never will. That's what I thought.

Korean Air Season 1 Finals arrive, and I tell myself 'Flash has this easy'. To be honest, I expected Effort to make it to finals from Semis, 3-2'ing Kal on the way. Though the 3-0 was impressive, I never expected what would happen next.

I wake up in the Saturday morning, getting ready to go to my volunteer service. I turn on the laptop to check the score, and I see 2-0 Flash. Nothing unusual, Flash was going to get his golden mouse. Or so I thought.

4 Hours later, at Math team, I approach my friends and ask them: "Well, did Flash sweep the series?".

Friends: "No"

I was disappointed for a second.

Me: "Then what was the score?"

Friends: "3-2"

Me: "Oh, a close one. I saw 2-0 as I walked out the door this morning, I thought Flash would win easily. Props to Eff..."

Friends: "Alex, Effort came back and won"

That moment, I flipped over from my chair. How the FUCK can you come back from 2-0 in the finals to win against not only the best Terran in the world, but the best player?

As soon as I got home, I watched all the games in the series: How Effort almost had game 1, how Effort was about to go home crying, then just coming back into the series out of nowhere by brilliant plays, especially set 4.

I still don't like zerg, and mostly likely, I never will. But I will always appreciate how Effort came back from the series, reverse sweeping Flash to win his first OSL title. I will always appreciate how Effort showed the endless limit for a race called zerg, at a time where one certain Terran was sweeping the whole competition.

Messiah, welcome back.[/
QUOTE]

Ha great write up. So very true. I had a similar wtf moment when I saw the score.
RIP MBC Game Hero
ChriS-X
Profile Joined June 2011
Malaysia1374 Posts
August 25 2011 15:09 GMT
#103
i thought this was a thread about counting down to when flash returns from surgery
Hyde
Profile Blog Joined November 2007
Australia14568 Posts
August 25 2011 15:14 GMT
#104
On August 26 2011 00:09 ChriS-X wrote:
i thought this was a thread about counting down to when flash returns from surgery

well he hasn't gone into surgery yet, and flash isn't known as the Messiah :S
Efforts first game better be of pure dominance and nothing less, otherwise it'll be anticlimatic (for me anyway)
Because when you left, Brood War was all spotlights and titans. Now, with the death of the big leagues, Brood War has moved to the basements and carparks. Now, Brood War is unlicensed brawls, lost teeth, and bloody fights for fistfulls of money - SirJolt
xxpack09
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States2160 Posts
August 25 2011 15:19 GMT
#105
:D :D :D :D :D

My favorite player ever :D :D

AlienZerg for MSL OSL and PL victory!
sAw
Profile Joined November 2008
965 Posts
August 25 2011 15:20 GMT
#106
On August 26 2011 00:09 Crais wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 25 2011 22:03 supernovamaniac wrote:
+ Show Spoiler +
I shall never forget the day where I started appreciating a certain race called zerg.

I have never played zerg in my life, and most likely, never will. Though I love how zerg can spit out massive units in few seconds, I was always overwhelmed by the amazing spell casters of protoss units and amazing defense by terran units. Never liked zerg, never will. That's what I thought.

Korean Air Season 1 Finals arrive, and I tell myself 'Flash has this easy'. To be honest, I expected Effort to make it to finals from Semis, 3-2'ing Kal on the way. Though the 3-0 was impressive, I never expected what would happen next.

I wake up in the Saturday morning, getting ready to go to my volunteer service. I turn on the laptop to check the score, and I see 2-0 Flash. Nothing unusual, Flash was going to get his golden mouse. Or so I thought.

4 Hours later, at Math team, I approach my friends and ask them: "Well, did Flash sweep the series?".

Friends: "No"

I was disappointed for a second.

Me: "Then what was the score?"

Friends: "3-2"

Me: "Oh, a close one. I saw 2-0 as I walked out the door this morning, I thought Flash would win easily. Props to Eff..."

Friends: "Alex, Effort came back and won"

That moment, I flipped over from my chair. How the FUCK can you come back from 2-0 in the finals to win against not only the best Terran in the world, but the best player?

As soon as I got home, I watched all the games in the series: How Effort almost had game 1, how Effort was about to go home crying, then just coming back into the series out of nowhere by brilliant plays, especially set 4.

I still don't like zerg, and mostly likely, I never will. But I will always appreciate how Effort came back from the series, reverse sweeping Flash to win his first OSL title. I will always appreciate how Effort showed the endless limit for a race called zerg, at a time where one certain Terran was sweeping the whole competition.

Messiah, welcome back.[/


Ha great write up. So very true. I had a similar wtf moment when I saw the score.

My best friend and I watched those series together, him being a hardcore Flash/terran fanboy, myself being a CJ fanboy, obviously... Sweetest tears of sorrow I have ever drank.
Welcome back Effort!
Sawamura
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Malaysia7602 Posts
August 25 2011 15:21 GMT
#107
On August 26 2011 00:14 Hyde wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 26 2011 00:09 ChriS-X wrote:
i thought this was a thread about counting down to when flash returns from surgery

well he hasn't gone into surgery yet, and flash isn't known as the Messiah :S
Efforts first game better be of pure dominance and nothing less, otherwise it'll be anticlimatic (for me anyway)


efforts just came back from retirement you can't expect him to pull a s class game right away dont you ? but than again lets see how things will turn out .
BW/KT Forever R.I.P KT.Violet dearly missed ..
Hyde
Profile Blog Joined November 2007
Australia14568 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-08-25 15:28:51
August 25 2011 15:25 GMT
#108
On August 26 2011 00:21 Sawamura wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 26 2011 00:14 Hyde wrote:
On August 26 2011 00:09 ChriS-X wrote:
i thought this was a thread about counting down to when flash returns from surgery

well he hasn't gone into surgery yet, and flash isn't known as the Messiah :S
Efforts first game better be of pure dominance and nothing less, otherwise it'll be anticlimatic (for me anyway)


efforts just came back from retirement you can't expect him to pull a s class game right away dont you ? but than again lets see how things will turn out .

He didn't just come back from retirement, he's been at the practice house for a while now, you know practicing. And last time I asked in an LR thread people were saying he's still in form

Plus I would like another potential candidate to give Flash a run for his money haha
Because when you left, Brood War was all spotlights and titans. Now, with the death of the big leagues, Brood War has moved to the basements and carparks. Now, Brood War is unlicensed brawls, lost teeth, and bloody fights for fistfulls of money - SirJolt
Kimaker
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States2131 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-08-25 15:29:37
August 25 2011 15:28 GMT
#109
Excerpt from the Prophecies of The Bloodline-

He lay waste to the Golden Kingdom there upon the final field of battle. As his vain and sure foe lay gasping out the last of his bloodied breaths, the sureness in his form, swaddled in billowing black, he spoke to the assembled, "And with this victory I take my leave, I go West."

And for a thousand fortnights there he would dwell, in the spaces that abound in between the mortal places until once more his foe would rise once again.

Then would his hand grasp for his mighty sword, and in a terrible wrath he would come forth yet again to do battle with Gods. The last of that noble race of men. The Messiah would return to slay our Gods and recall to the world the power of The Bloodline...


[image loading]
Engraving from the caves of The Prophet depicting the return of the Messiah.

He will come again. And he will bring War in his wake. CCCCCCJJJJJJJJ!!!!!!!!!
Entusman #54 (-_-) ||"Gold is for the Mistress-Silver for the Maid-Copper for the craftsman cunning in his trade. "Good!" said the Baron, sitting in his hall, But Iron — Cold Iron — is master of them all|| "Optimism is Cowardice."- Oswald Spengler
sabas123
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
Netherlands3122 Posts
August 25 2011 15:30 GMT
#110
effort WOOTT!!!! but still want savior back i am getting adicated now off savior so i hope he is my medication^^:D
The harder it becomes, the more you should focus on the basics.
GTR
Profile Blog Joined September 2004
51698 Posts
August 25 2011 15:31 GMT
#111
how do you all forget this

Commentator
Nemesis
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
Canada2568 Posts
August 25 2011 15:31 GMT
#112
WOOT EFFORT MY FAVORITE ZERG EVER!

It's nice to have him back and to finally have someone who can give Flash a run for his money.
Lee Young Ho fighting! KT P are just CHINTOSSTIC.
Sawamura
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Malaysia7602 Posts
August 25 2011 15:32 GMT
#113
On August 26 2011 00:28 Kimaker wrote:
Excerpt from the Prophecies of The Bloodline-

He lay waste to the Golden Kingdom there upon the final field of battle. As his vain and sure foe lay gasping out the last of his bloodied breaths, the sureness in his form, swaddled in billowing black, he spoke to the assembled, "And with this victory I take my leave, I go West."

And for a thousand fortnights there he would dwell, in the spaces that abound in between the mortal places until once more his foe would rise once again.

Then would his hand grasp for his mighty sword, and in a terrible wrath he would come forth yet again to do battle with Gods. The last of that noble race of men. The Messiah would return to slay our Gods and recall to the world the power of The Bloodline...


[image loading]
Engraving from the caves of The Prophet depicting the return of the Messiah.

He will come again. And he will bring War in his wake. CCCCCCJJJJJJJJ!!!!!!!!!


Complete title of book and author please ? google search of prophecy of the bloodlines comes out nothing.
BW/KT Forever R.I.P KT.Violet dearly missed ..
Al Bundy
Profile Joined April 2010
7257 Posts
August 25 2011 16:10 GMT
#114
Not a huge fan of Effort, nonetheless I'm glad he's back.
o choro é livre
Taekwon
Profile Joined May 2010
United States8155 Posts
August 25 2011 16:11 GMT
#115
Wow, u guys are making me struggle just trying to wait
▲ ▲ ▲
supernovamaniac
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
United States3048 Posts
August 25 2011 16:23 GMT
#116
On August 26 2011 00:21 Sawamura wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 26 2011 00:14 Hyde wrote:
On August 26 2011 00:09 ChriS-X wrote:
i thought this was a thread about counting down to when flash returns from surgery

well he hasn't gone into surgery yet, and flash isn't known as the Messiah :S
Efforts first game better be of pure dominance and nothing less, otherwise it'll be anticlimatic (for me anyway)


efforts just came back from retirement you can't expect him to pull a s class game right away dont you ? but than again lets see how things will turn out .


Tehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehe
/sarcasm

Let's wait and see.
ppp
StarStruck
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
25339 Posts
August 25 2011 16:24 GMT
#117
On August 26 2011 00:31 GTR wrote:
how do you all forget this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dy7n7r-jKlQ



That clip is one of my favorites! Cannot wait.
Mortality
Profile Blog Joined December 2005
United States4790 Posts
August 25 2011 16:32 GMT
#118
On August 25 2011 16:57 d_so wrote:
i still think his win against flash was kindava fluke. It's not so much flash played bad or effort played good, but I think flash is just reallly sensitive to his physical environment (the whole ruler, tape, pocari sweat ritual he does) and when the electronics went out it totally got him flustered.


Ummm what? I think you're thinking of the Flash vs Jaedong series in NATE MSL.
Even though this Proleague bullshit has been completely bogus, I really, really, really do not see how Khan can lose this. I swear I will kill myself if they do. - nesix before KHAN lost to eNature
xxpack09
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States2160 Posts
August 25 2011 16:34 GMT
#119
On August 26 2011 01:32 Mortality wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 25 2011 16:57 d_so wrote:
i still think his win against flash was kindava fluke. It's not so much flash played bad or effort played good, but I think flash is just reallly sensitive to his physical environment (the whole ruler, tape, pocari sweat ritual he does) and when the electronics went out it totally got him flustered.


Ummm what? I think you're thinking of the Flash vs Jaedong series in NATE MSL.


Which would also be silly to call a fluke considering how JD has been demolishing Flash recently...
ninazerg
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
United States7291 Posts
August 25 2011 16:34 GMT
#120
All I can say is I hope he's ready for the proleague-level of play again. I don't want to see him bomb.
"If two pregnant women get into a fist fight, it's like a mecha-battle between two unborn babies." - Fyodor Dostoevsky
Prev 1 4 5 6 7 8 12 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Big Brain Bouts
19:00
#129
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
RotterdaM395
IndyStarCraft 21
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RotterdaM 395
Lowko162
IndyStarCraft 21
MindelVK 11
StarCraft: Brood War
Free 3125
Stork 2473
Horang2 428
Soulkey 360
Zeus 355
Jaedong 328
Mini 252
Larva 252
Soma 202
Mind 74
[ Show more ]
sorry 71
Sexy 65
ZerO 64
Hyun 55
Pusan 52
soO 34
Shinee 29
Last 25
scan(afreeca) 24
ajuk12(nOOB) 18
Sacsri 11
zelot 9
Dota 2
XcaliburYe323
canceldota52
League of Legends
JimRising 442
Other Games
gofns31293
singsing1965
Coldzera 692
Happy253
byalli228
Pyrionflax188
ZerO(Twitch)9
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV234
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• LUISG 26
• StrangeGG 7
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV252
• lizZardDota2242
League of Legends
• Jankos3349
Upcoming Events
Online Event
1h 44m
AI Arena Tournament
6h 44m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
8h 44m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
23h 44m
Patches Events
1d 4h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 8h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 8h
OSC
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
[ Show More ]
The PondCast
4 days
Online Event
6 days
Korean StarCraft League
6 days
Afreeca Starleague
6 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.