• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 01:31
CEST 07:31
KST 14:31
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War425.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror TL Sidebar missing streams Bot on ladder Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9182 users

Countdown until the Messiah returns.... - Page 5

Forum Index > BW General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 10 11 12 Next All
BLinD-RawR
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
ALLEYCAT BLUES51623 Posts
August 25 2011 11:59 GMT
#81
On August 25 2011 20:56 iMp.will. wrote:
What about Savior?


uhh banned for life,what else.
Brood War EICWoo Jung Ho, never forget.| Twitter: @BLinDRawR
ComusLoM
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
Norway3547 Posts
August 25 2011 12:08 GMT
#82
I for one welcome our new alien overlord.
"The White Woman Speaks in Tongues That Are All Lies" - Incontrol; Member #37 of the Chill Fanclub
Husmusen
Profile Joined December 2009
Sweden92 Posts
August 25 2011 12:21 GMT
#83
Yes Ive been waiting for such a long time for this! anyone know when his first game is?
Effort is the man Effort understands
BeaSteR
Profile Joined May 2009
Sweden328 Posts
August 25 2011 12:26 GMT
#84
Where has he been? :O
Greed is good
StarStruck
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
25339 Posts
August 25 2011 12:29 GMT
#85
On August 25 2011 21:26 BeaSteR wrote:
Where has he been? :O


He went out on a high to continue his studies.

http://www.sk-gaming.com/content/30677-Korean_Air_OSL_champion_EffOrt_retires
Tommie
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
China658 Posts
August 25 2011 12:33 GMT
#86
Effort hwaiting!
Being a ho doesn't automatically make you "immoral" or a bad person, but it does make you a ho.
BeaSteR
Profile Joined May 2009
Sweden328 Posts
August 25 2011 12:35 GMT
#87
On August 25 2011 21:29 StarStruck wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 25 2011 21:26 BeaSteR wrote:
Where has he been? :O


He went out on a high to continue his studies.

http://www.sk-gaming.com/content/30677-Korean_Air_OSL_champion_EffOrt_retires


Ah thank u, I was wondering about that just yesterday when I checked Kespa rankings and didn't see him anywhere.
Greed is good
Count9
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
China10928 Posts
August 25 2011 12:42 GMT
#88
No more match point in the pool though :O
WArped
Profile Joined December 2010
United Kingdom4845 Posts
August 25 2011 12:49 GMT
#89
Just had to watch that epic final again. Thank you.
supernovamaniac
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
United States3048 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-08-25 13:03:39
August 25 2011 13:03 GMT
#90
I shall never forget the day where I started appreciating a certain race called zerg.

I have never played zerg in my life, and most likely, never will. Though I love how zerg can spit out massive units in few seconds, I was always overwhelmed by the amazing spell casters of protoss units and amazing defense by terran units. Never liked zerg, never will. That's what I thought.

Korean Air Season 1 Finals arrive, and I tell myself 'Flash has this easy'. To be honest, I expected Effort to make it to finals from Semis, 3-2'ing Kal on the way. Though the 3-0 was impressive, I never expected what would happen next.

I wake up in the Saturday morning, getting ready to go to my volunteer service. I turn on the laptop to check the score, and I see 2-0 Flash. Nothing unusual, Flash was going to get his golden mouse. Or so I thought.

4 Hours later, at Math team, I approach my friends and ask them: "Well, did Flash sweep the series?".

Friends: "No"

I was disappointed for a second.

Me: "Then what was the score?"

Friends: "3-2"

Me: "Oh, a close one. I saw 2-0 as I walked out the door this morning, I thought Flash would win easily. Props to Eff..."

Friends: "Alex, Effort came back and won"

That moment, I flipped over from my chair. How the FUCK can you come back from 2-0 in the finals to win against not only the best Terran in the world, but the best player?

As soon as I got home, I watched all the games in the series: How Effort almost had game 1, how Effort was about to go home crying, then just coming back into the series out of nowhere by brilliant plays, especially set 4.

I still don't like zerg, and mostly likely, I never will. But I will always appreciate how Effort came back from the series, reverse sweeping Flash to win his first OSL title. I will always appreciate how Effort showed the endless limit for a race called zerg, at a time where one certain Terran was sweeping the whole competition.

Messiah, welcome back.
ppp
bgx
Profile Joined August 2010
Poland6595 Posts
August 25 2011 13:04 GMT
#91
fuck yea! im so hyped

http://www.teamliquid.net/tlpd/korean/games/32246_EffOrt_vs_Light/vod

(was in early d9d) awesome play by both
Stork[gm]
Elroi
Profile Joined August 2009
Sweden5617 Posts
August 25 2011 13:12 GMT
#92
I am!! I <3 <3 Effort.
"To all eSports fans, I want to be remembered as a progamer who can make something out of nothing, and someone who always does his best. I think that is the right way of living, and I'm always doing my best to follow that." - Jaedong. /watch?v=jfghAzJqAp0
King K. Rool
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
Canada4408 Posts
August 25 2011 13:15 GMT
#93
<333333333333333333333333

Wait but there's no proleague right now.
TheGlassface
Profile Joined November 2010
United States612 Posts
August 25 2011 13:24 GMT
#94
Effort is the only person to get close to usurping Bisu from my dreams.

FUCK.
YES.
EFFORT.

KIM JUNG WOO HWAITING!!
The mystery of life is not a problem to solve, but a reality to experience. **Hang in there STX fans!! Kal Hwaiting!**
Taekwon
Profile Joined May 2010
United States8155 Posts
August 25 2011 13:46 GMT
#95
Glory zerg
▲ ▲ ▲
therockmanxx
Profile Joined July 2010
Peru1174 Posts
August 25 2011 14:35 GMT
#96
I totally forgot about this news xD
This last finals and the disbaning teams make me forget about Effort
Hwaiting !!!!
Tekken ProGamer
Torenhire
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States11681 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-08-25 14:48:19
August 25 2011 14:47 GMT
#97
THE MESSIAH.

KIM...



JUNG....



WOOOOOOOOOOOO.





Best player intros EVER. I fucking loved it live, and loved watching it now and then. The guy sounds like he's announcing pro wrestlers hahaha. My favorite Zerg player, after he-who-must-not-be-named.

On August 25 2011 17:41 arbiter_md wrote:
Never seen anything special in his play. Always thought his OSL win was a big luck. Jaedong has far better chances to beat Flash in bo5, only if he could get past his zvz. But, well - that's just me.


Jaedong is doing REALLY WELL with that, isn't he?
SirJolt: Well maybe if you weren't so big and stupid, it wouldn't have hit you.
Senj
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States193 Posts
August 25 2011 14:56 GMT
#98
Alien Zerg hwaiting! I'm so excited for EffOrt to be back on the CJ line-up! Hopefully Hydra will still be rocking hard next season as well. Here's to CJ taking the next season of Pro league!
FetusFondler
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
United States246 Posts
August 25 2011 15:00 GMT
#99
(Z)EffOrt <333333
None are so busy as the fool and knave.
vx70GTOJudgexv
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
United States3161 Posts
August 25 2011 15:02 GMT
#100
KIM. JUNG. WOOOO.
KIM. JUNG. WOOOO.
KIM. JUNG. WOOOO.


So pumped that he's coming back, hope he gets back in form soon.
Hasn't he been training at the CJ house or with them a bit since the announcement?
(-_-) BW for ever. #1 Iris fan.
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 10 11 12 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
OSC
08:00
OSC Elite Rising Star #21
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
BeSt 298
Mind 63
Bale 30
Icarus 11
ZergMaN 9
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm209
League of Legends
JimRising 771
Other Games
summit1g7486
Coldzera 697
WinterStarcraft636
C9.Mang0312
Sick168
febbydoto15
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick759
BasetradeTV195
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2119
League of Legends
• Rush1096
Other Games
• Shiphtur590
Upcoming Events
Big Brain Bouts
4h 29m
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
Online Event
6h 29m
AI Arena Tournament
11h 29m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
13h 29m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 4h
Patches Events
1d 9h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 13h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 13h
OSC
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
[ Show More ]
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
5 days
Online Event
6 days
Korean StarCraft League
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.