• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 20:24
CEST 02:24
KST 09:24
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup4StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2315
StarCraft 2
General
Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released RepMastered™: replay sharing and analyzer site Bot on ladder BW General Discussion BSL Season 23
Tourneys
2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8462 users

Cool and Unusual Starcraft - Page 33

Forum Index > BW General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 31 32 33 34 35 36 Next All
LightningStrike
Profile Joined February 2011
United States14277 Posts
December 01 2013 01:20 GMT
#641
I don't know how anyone not linked the korean version of Casy vs Jy :O here the vod
May the next light shine/Former #1 Alliance LoL fan/ Current Teamliquid LoL Fan
qrs
Profile Blog Joined December 2007
United States3637 Posts
October 31 2014 18:33 GMT
#642
This thread seems to have dropped off everyone's radar: even the votes stopped trickling in. Still, enough "no" votes did finally make it in to take the "monkey milk" game (#89) off the main list. It really wasn't anything special; just a pair of announcers blathering about random things because the game wasn't interesting enough to talk about.

In its place, I added game #120: Flash vs. Fake Yellow on Andromeda. To be honest, that one doesn't really enthrall me either: definitely showcases good play from the winner, but then, the winner was a good player. The game was recommended by Ver who was (is?) a very knowledgeable connoisseur of Starcraft; frankly, his taste is probably more sophisticated than mine. Anyway, maybe you'll like it; either way, go check it out, and vote!
'As per the American Heart Association, the beat of the Bee Gees song "Stayin' Alive" provides an ideal rhythm in terms of beats per minute to use for hands-only CPR. One can also hum Queen's "Another One Bites The Dust".' —Wikipedia
Chef
Profile Blog Joined August 2005
10810 Posts
October 31 2014 19:03 GMT
#643
Thanks for continuing to maintain this thread!

We probably need a section for Afreeca games, or a new thread, to see continued activity. There's a recommended games thread for it, but it doesn't have the same spirit and the games recommended have a much lower standard. "Cool and Unusual" seems to get people on the game wave-length more often tho, aka special cheeses or unusual end-games.
LEGEND!! LEGEND!!
JieXian
Profile Blog Joined August 2008
Malaysia4677 Posts
November 01 2014 08:28 GMT
#644
I've just watched 10 games and voted on them! Thanks!
Please send me a PM of any song you like that I most probably never heard of! I am looking for people to chat about writing and producing music | https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=noD-bsOcxuU |
The_Templar
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
your Country52798 Posts
November 01 2014 14:36 GMT
#645
I watched Shine[Name] vs Canata because I like draws. What the hell did I just watch
ModeratorI am still alive, somehow
TL+ Member
koreasilver
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
9109 Posts
November 01 2014 17:41 GMT
#646
When I have really bad insomnia and have difficulty sleeping, I search Canata TvT games. I've been doing this for the past 7 years and it still works.

No joke.
8882
Profile Blog Joined December 2003
2736 Posts
November 09 2014 22:09 GMT
#647
Is the TvZ game where both players sold it (played to lose) on the list?
I remember that my teeth hurt when I was watching the game (I think it was a "failed" rush vs a "failed" early pool) and after the years it turned out that both players bet against themselves.
I have returned
LightningStrike
Profile Joined February 2011
United States14277 Posts
November 09 2014 22:15 GMT
#648
On November 10 2014 07:09 8882 wrote:
Is the TvZ game where both players sold it (played to lose) on the list?
I remember that my teeth hurt when I was watching the game (I think it was a "failed" rush vs a "failed" early pool) and after the years it turned out that both players bet against themselves.

That was Hwasin vs Luxury in the 2009-2010 proleague season on New Tornado and here is the vod:
May the next light shine/Former #1 Alliance LoL fan/ Current Teamliquid LoL Fan
JSH
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States4109 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-11-10 00:28:48
November 10 2014 00:21 GMT
#649
I really think this one should be on the list:



Think Leta was trying to secret proxy rax, so he tried sneaking in, but it failed
Then hyvaa with the fancy hatch move to trick the scv

Hyvaa really pulled the wool over Leta that game
Even Leta at the end knew and smiled haha

I had so much fun when I saw it live
"It's called a miracle because it doesn't happen" - Just like my chances of reaching C- on ICCUP
LightningStrike
Profile Joined February 2011
United States14277 Posts
November 14 2014 03:05 GMT
#650
(Z)July vs (P)Rock 2005 ShinHan OSL 06-02-03 on Ride of Valkyries
+ Show Spoiler [VOD] +

+ Show Spoiler [What Makes This Unusal] +
Sauron Zerg Game in a pro game :O

+ Show Spoiler [Poll] +
Poll: Is July vs Rock on Ride of Valkyries worth watching?

Yes! (6)
 
100%

No! (0)
 
0%

6 total votes

Your vote: Is July vs Rock on Ride of Valkyries worth watching?

(Vote): Yes!
(Vote): No!

May the next light shine/Former #1 Alliance LoL fan/ Current Teamliquid LoL Fan
zimp
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
Hungary959 Posts
November 14 2014 13:05 GMT
#651
On November 02 2014 02:41 koreasilver wrote:
When I have really bad insomnia and have difficulty sleeping, I search Canata TvT games. I've been doing this for the past 7 years and it still works.

No joke.

LOL
agentzimp
TL+ Member
c3rberUs
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
Japan11800 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-01-20 12:58:27
November 14 2014 17:26 GMT
#652
I can't believe that these games aren't in here:

(P)Kingdom vs (P)Reach 815 Pringles-1 MSL

VOD: + Show Spoiler +

Reason: + Show Spoiler +
One of the most famous PvPs ever played.


(Z)ChoJJa vs (P)Reach Rush Hour 2005 UZOO MSL

VOD: + Show Spoiler +
http://www.teamliquid.net/tlpd/korean/games/263_ChoJJa_vs_Reach/vod

Reason: + Show Spoiler +
The famous maelstrom on a ton of Devourers game.


(P)Kingdom vs (T)TheMarine Into The Darkness SPRIS 2004 MSL (I'm too much of a Kingdom fan not to mention these games ^_^)

VOD: + Show Spoiler +

Reason: + Show Spoiler +
Pylons.


(Z)sAviOr vs (T)firebathero Python 2007 GomTV MSL S2
VOD: + Show Spoiler +

Reason: + Show Spoiler +
This game has everything from devourers and BCs to Infested CCs and nuclear silos.


(T)BoxeR vs (P)Nal_rA Jim Raynor's Memory J 2003 Stout MSL

VOD: + Show Spoiler +

Reason: + Show Spoiler +
BoxeR outmaneuvers Nal_rA early forcing him to play catch-up with carriers. BoxeR answers with his trademark counter.


(P)ZeuS vs (P)Nal_rA Charity 2003 Stout MSL

VOD: + Show Spoiler +

Reason: + Show Spoiler +
The mother of all rushes, 1 base carrier courtesy of the Dreamer


Also I accidentally ran into the full VOD of (P)Kingdom vs (P)Rage Arizona 2004 here:
+ Show Spoiler +


edit - fixed Reach vs ChoJJa VOD as noted below.
WriterMovie, 진영화 : "StarCraft will never die".
LightningStrike
Profile Joined February 2011
United States14277 Posts
November 16 2014 17:07 GMT
#653
The Reach vs Chojja game was amazing to watch! It got everything in it for a PvZ.
May the next light shine/Former #1 Alliance LoL fan/ Current Teamliquid LoL Fan
conor1230
Profile Joined November 2014
United States3 Posts
November 22 2014 13:56 GMT
#654
--- Nuked ---
Ilikestarcraft
Profile Blog Joined November 2004
Korea (South)17743 Posts
November 22 2014 16:49 GMT
#655
On November 02 2014 02:41 koreasilver wrote:
When I have really bad insomnia and have difficulty sleeping, I search Canata TvT games. I've been doing this for the past 7 years and it still works.

No joke.

I've got to try this now.
ils
"Nana is a goddess. Or at very least, Nana is my goddess." - KazeHydra
JieXian
Profile Blog Joined August 2008
Malaysia4677 Posts
November 26 2014 17:22 GMT
#656
thanks

On November 15 2014 02:26 c3rberUs wrote:

(Z)ChoJJa vs (P)Reach Rush Hour 2005 UZOO MSL

VOD: + Show Spoiler +

Reason: + Show Spoiler +
The famous maelstrom on a ton of Devourers game.



wrong game link :/
Please send me a PM of any song you like that I most probably never heard of! I am looking for people to chat about writing and producing music | https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=noD-bsOcxuU |
Sleet
Profile Joined January 2011
United States139 Posts
January 13 2015 05:11 GMT
#657
Been catching up on the StarCraft I missed, so will start on these soon :D
@SLeetscgames
29 fps
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
United States5725 Posts
January 20 2015 07:37 GMT
#658
is there a thread like this one for "bw moments" (not complete games, just significant instances)?

Ex: Chalrenge typing curse words in the chat, FBH dance, any time tears of pain were shed
4v4 is a battle of who has the better computer.
qrs
Profile Blog Joined December 2007
United States3637 Posts
January 23 2015 16:39 GMT
#659
On November 02 2014 02:41 koreasilver wrote:
When I have really bad insomnia and have difficulty sleeping, I search Canata TvT games. I've been doing this for the past 7 years and it still works.

No joke.
I just added another Canata game to the list in the main post: game #121. It's not a TvT, but I think it might answer nonetheless.

On November 01 2014 04:03 Chef wrote:
Thanks for continuing to maintain this thread!

We probably need a section for Afreeca games, or a new thread, to see continued activity. There's a recommended games thread for it, but it doesn't have the same spirit and the games recommended have a much lower standard. "Cool and Unusual" seems to get people on the game wave-length more often tho, aka special cheeses or unusual end-games.
It's all right, I think. There's enough of a backlog in this thread alone to keep updating it for decades at the current trickle. I'm happy enough leaving it in this semi-dormant state. It's not the most active thread in the world anymore, but it's still around, and every once in a while someone might stumble onto it and see something amazing. Kind of like Brood War itself!
'As per the American Heart Association, the beat of the Bee Gees song "Stayin' Alive" provides an ideal rhythm in terms of beats per minute to use for hands-only CPR. One can also hum Queen's "Another One Bites The Dust".' —Wikipedia
TheFoReveRwaR
Profile Blog Joined May 2006
United States10657 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-01-24 01:50:57
January 24 2015 01:26 GMT
#660
Deleted. It's on the list already
But i strongly recommend Casy vs July on reverse temple. In my opinion one of the most genius strategic moves ever in bw.
Being healthy, it has been said, really consists of having the same disease as everybody else.
Prev 1 31 32 33 34 35 36 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 9h 36m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
PiGStarcraft506
Nina 174
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 13639
Hyuk 57
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm218
League of Legends
Doublelift4764
Other Games
summit1g8894
FrodaN3219
JimRising 625
KnowMe202
ViBE105
ArmadaUGS81
Mew2King80
Trikslyr33
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1303
BasetradeTV204
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream108
[ Show 10 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 107
• Letter144
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
9h 36m
INu's Battles
11h 36m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
14h 36m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
18h 36m
BSL Open Qualifier
18h 36m
Replay Cast
22h 36m
Afreeca Starleague
1d 9h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 10h
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 15h
Replay Cast
1d 22h
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.