• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 09:38
CEST 15:38
KST 22:38
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 20264Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)77Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Fantasy returning? Sagi.gg Launcher Released BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ SC4ALL II Brood War Complete Invited Player Lineup
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Semifinal B [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8868 users

CBW Season 1 (Fall '10) - Page 8

Forum Index > BW General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 6 7 8 9 10 25 Next All
Murderotica
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
Vatican City State2594 Posts
October 05 2010 15:36 GMT
#141
Shotcoder I think you're running yourself into the ground with this argument, you have to know there is no point in continuing this hypothetical discussion because the fundamental flaw in your approach is that you are trying to piss Ammel off and the only way to do that is to beat him in a Bo1 and then call him a noob and refuse to regame him.
ǝsnoɥ ssɐlƃ ɐ uı sǝuoʇs ʍoɹɥʇ ʇ,uop || sıʇɹoɟ ɹǝdɯǝs
ammeL
Profile Joined August 2009
United States211 Posts
October 05 2010 15:49 GMT
#142
Murderotica is right.

If you want to get a "joke" on me, beat me one game and don't rematch me. That'll get me going. Anything else you say is hilarious, indeed. And why wouldn't it be hilarious -- you're joking, right?
Your jokes are funny. Shotcoder is a funny guy. I'm sorry my 'offensive gg' wasn't as funny. I'll try something more comedic next time.

But as for which "joke" is funnier, I give that up to you, Shotcoder. You got this man. Let the posts keep pouring in. Entertainment I desire.
Those who criticize our generation forget who raised it.
vectorix108
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
United States4633 Posts
October 05 2010 16:02 GMT
#143
jeez stop arguing.... the game's over.
You can do whatever you want in a game, cause it is just a game after all
Aka XephyR/Shaneyesss
ammeL
Profile Joined August 2009
United States211 Posts
October 05 2010 17:04 GMT
#144
Agreed. I will do what I want in the game.
That is all.
Case closed.
vectorix108 is a sensible man.
Those who criticize our generation forget who raised it.
Chaos
Profile Joined July 2009
United States772 Posts
October 05 2010 17:44 GMT
#145
On October 05 2010 12:24 ammeL wrote:
Like I said chaos, "not like it mattered anyways" -- but I referred to it as an ACE because both ACE players were sent out. Thus, resulting in an ACE match that did NOT count.

It's not a very difficult concept.


Just because its the ace players doesnt make it an ace match. Its still just a fun game.

On October 05 2010 12:36 Crunchums wrote:
UNT vs CA+CO, someone tell me something


CA+CO won 3-2

P.S. Being BM in a league designed entirely for fun is extremely stupid in my opinion.
FruitMarket
Shotcoder
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States2316 Posts
October 05 2010 18:22 GMT
#146
I fail to see this proverbial ground I'm running myself into. None of my posts were meant to piss anyone off at all. I fail to see where I have attempted to one up anyone via BM or via gaming. I just wanted to draw a clear line between your BM and joking. Which you clearly don't understand at all. Quit trying to read what's between the lines when what you should know is what's on the lines to begin with. BM in a fun league(as Chaos said) is for all intensive purposes stupid.

And why would I challenge someone I know I can't beat to a BO1? because the flaw in your plan is you're assuming I'm actually good enough to compete when I'm merely a C- Terran.
Shotcoder - C+ BW Terran, Gold LoL(ADC Main)
ammeL
Profile Joined August 2009
United States211 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-10-05 19:59:13
October 05 2010 19:58 GMT
#147
Shotcoder, it's over now. Stop posting about it. Move on with your life.
Those who criticize our generation forget who raised it.
ammeL
Profile Joined August 2009
United States211 Posts
October 05 2010 20:01 GMT
#148
Chaos,

I respect your opinion. It may be stupid, to SOME people. But that's always how I've played SC. So hate me or like me, I don't care. Though, I am open minded enough to see HOW it could be considered stupid in a fun league.

At any rate, I don't feel like posting about this any longer.
Shotcoder seems to be getting more and more upset (in which he is going to reply to this post with another elaborate paragraph telling me how his position is correct).
Those who criticize our generation forget who raised it.
ilovezil
Profile Blog Joined August 2006
United States4143 Posts
October 05 2010 22:49 GMT
#149
I thought you would drop this incident after the games on battle.net, but it seems that's not the case. Listen. This league is a fun league. We all know that. However, provoking and making fun of players while you're winning does not make it fun for both parties. Furthermore, disrespecting the ace player by offracing and claiming "it doesn't matter" and "I'll win anyway" is NOT "joking". That is provocation.

Rutgers players, you know you guys are the favorites. Knowing you're generally better than your opponents and rubbing it in their face is bad taste. If you guys consider that fun, go make your own league. Preferrably on east in x17. No one agrees it's simply "fun" when the jokes go one way.
rredtooth
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
5464 Posts
October 05 2010 22:55 GMT
#150
ammel is a dickhead and a nerd.
[formerly sponsored by the artist formerly known as Gene]
Murderotica
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
Vatican City State2594 Posts
October 05 2010 23:12 GMT
#151
Ok yo first of all "Rutgers players" afaik only Ammel was BM (that day LOL) so don't try to spread the filth all over us like it's a disease. Second, you could've been the better man and just played the game but instead you ragequit and became no better than Ammel who provoked you in the first place. Also we've had many great experiences just talking trash back and forth with other teams. Although, you did do what is expected of you when you can't take the heat - just leave. I personally would try my hardest to shut up the person BMing me by stomping them out. Any BM after that is just silly and pathetic. Anything before that is competitive spirit IMO.
ǝsnoɥ ssɐlƃ ɐ uı sǝuoʇs ʍoɹɥʇ ʇ,uop || sıʇɹoɟ ɹǝdɯǝs
ilovezil
Profile Blog Joined August 2006
United States4143 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-10-05 23:46:30
October 05 2010 23:39 GMT
#152
On October 06 2010 08:12 Murderotica wrote:
Ok yo first of all "Rutgers players" afaik only Ammel was BM (that day LOL) so don't try to spread the filth all over us like it's a disease. Second, you could've been the better man and just played the game but instead you ragequit and became no better than Ammel who provoked you in the first place. Also we've had many great experiences just talking trash back and forth with other teams. Although, you did do what is expected of you when you can't take the heat - just leave. I personally would try my hardest to shut up the person BMing me by stomping them out. Any BM after that is just silly and pathetic. Anything before that is competitive spirit IMO.


Are you talking to me? Because I surely didn't ragequit and I DID win my own game. Besides that, the two from your team that kept bming afterward were clearly in it to continue with the "jokes" and "provocations". Then, instead of trying to settle this, you simply call it out on me (which I simply accepted and took aside initially). I don't know about the rest of the rutgers team, but letting your members act like this isn't quite convincing you have such a great team image. You claim that any BM after that is pathetic and silly? I accept that. In fact, I stopped with my part altogether yesterday since I did BM your teammates (regardless of who started it) and I figured it'd be forgotten after a night. But no. Now it's on teamliquid and two of you personally targetted me. That in itself, I brushed aside as well, but this has already gotten into what, the 2nd or 3rd page pursuing this endless bullshit so you expect me to sit quiet and take it like the better man? Please.

Personally, I've done my part by securing my win, then I did try to sub in the ace match. However, it became quite clear that the game was not going to start. The rest is what's present.

Of course, if someone from the rutgers team did talk to the members mentioned about their behavior, I do apologize.
Murderotica
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
Vatican City State2594 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-10-05 23:59:24
October 05 2010 23:59 GMT
#153
Lol all I said was "rage less, GGs" and that was going off of Ammel's post, which is still true as far as I can tell.

It's pretty pointless to continue this discussion though considering you say "if someone from the team did talk to the members..." etc. which in our case usually means either BMing each other or supporting each othesr' BM.
ǝsnoɥ ssɐlƃ ɐ uı sǝuoʇs ʍoɹɥʇ ʇ,uop || sıʇɹoɟ ɹǝdɯǝs
ammeL
Profile Joined August 2009
United States211 Posts
October 06 2010 00:16 GMT
#154
ilovezil,

It's over now. Didn't you see my previous post? Move on with your life. I don't care anymore and I don't think anyone else does. The case is closed.

Points of recap:
1) Shotcoder wanted to prove he could make a better "joke" by lifting his buildings and going afk. In which, I told him that would only make me happier.
2) He then continued to press his opinion on me that in a fun league such BM should not be tolerated. I replied with I'm a douche and I'll do as I please.
3) I told him (which was collective, including anyone who posted after) to drop it and move on.
4) ilovezil comes to the rescue in order to "show us who is boss" but has failed miserably in doing so.
5) I say "move on with your lives" once again.

Let's see if people understand it this time.
Those who criticize our generation forget who raised it.
ilovezil
Profile Blog Joined August 2006
United States4143 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-10-06 00:24:00
October 06 2010 00:22 GMT
#155
On October 06 2010 08:59 Murderotica wrote:
Lol all I said was "rage less, GGs" and that was going off of Ammel's post, which is still true as far as I can tell.

It's pretty pointless to continue this discussion though considering you say "if someone from the team did talk to the members..." etc. which in our case usually means either BMing each other or supporting each othesr' BM.


And still, you keep dodging the issue about your teammate's bm. You keep addressing only our team's faults without fully understanding the situation, which I get from your "going off of Ammel's post".

Why do you even back him up? He claims he's Sugo, who has repeatedly have had bad history on this site and isn't exactly known on bnet for his great skills or good manners.
ilovezil
Profile Blog Joined August 2006
United States4143 Posts
October 06 2010 00:27 GMT
#156
On October 06 2010 09:16 ammeL wrote:
ilovezil,

It's over now. Didn't you see my previous post? Move on with your life. I don't care anymore and I don't think anyone else does. The case is closed.

Points of recap:
1) Shotcoder wanted to prove he could make a better "joke" by lifting his buildings and going afk. In which, I told him that would only make me happier.
2) He then continued to press his opinion on me that in a fun league such BM should not be tolerated. I replied with I'm a douche and I'll do as I please.
3) I told him (which was collective, including anyone who posted after) to drop it and move on.
4) ilovezil comes to the rescue in order to "show us who is boss" but has failed miserably in doing so.
5) I say "move on with your lives" once again.

Let's see if people understand it this time.


Really. If you're going to respond, at least make an intelligent post. What you're doing is essentially making not so subtle provocations to continue this "closed case" and while you tell me you don't care anymore and for me to move on with my life, here you are, ready to respond eagerly to anyone from our team.

Sugo,

move on your with life. In fact, move on to other websites. Have you been making any more accounts secretly to praise yourself lately?
ammeL
Profile Joined August 2009
United States211 Posts
October 06 2010 00:32 GMT
#157
Lol. This is my second account, ever.
You must have nothing to do with your life to research me. I actually take honor in that.
Hey, how about this:

ilovezil, I'll play you bo3. I'll own you. After I own you, you have to post here saying that I'm your master. And if you win, I'll do the same, okay?
Oh, and the loser can't post on teamliquid anymore. Deal?

And we'll get an admin to make sure of this. SO if you lose, you get ban. If I lose, I get ban. (only after the loser posts the master part though)

So, if you like to get carry things on, put your money where your mouth is.
Those who criticize our generation forget who raised it.
ammeL
Profile Joined August 2009
United States211 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-10-06 00:37:23
October 06 2010 00:33 GMT
#158
I used the word 'if' -- I was being too sincere.

I meant to say WHEN I win and IF you take the bet. Which, well, you probably won't because TL is clearly your life.


Hopefully you do take this bet. It's what you want.
No more talk. All play. Why argue when it's brood war, right? Just play and find out who the better man is. Simple.

And we all know you're so eager to play, since you didn't even get chosen as the ace to represent Penn State last night. So here's your chance, Mr. BigShot ace. Bet your pride, dignity, and any future on TL to play me in a bo3.

And the loser will have to shut up for all of eternity (at least on TeamLiquid).
Those who criticize our generation forget who raised it.
ilovezil
Profile Blog Joined August 2006
United States4143 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-10-06 00:41:04
October 06 2010 00:38 GMT
#159
On October 06 2010 09:32 ammeL wrote:
Lol. This is my second account, ever.


Oh reaaaaally.

[image loading]


According to this lucky little chart, I see that you previously had two accounts; waldon to praise sugo_v_ from this little gem.

EDIT: Courtesy of Hot_Bid.
ammeL
Profile Joined August 2009
United States211 Posts
October 06 2010 00:39 GMT
#160
Okay, I guess you dodge. And I really don't care about that lol. That's YEARS ago. YEARS.

I don't even use the alias SuGo_V_ anymore. It's ancient. To even bring this up is stupidity on your part. Don't really care if you expose it lol. Everyone already knew who I was. So congrats on being late!

Now:

Back to the bet? I guess you bitch out, huh?
Those who criticize our generation forget who raised it.
Prev 1 6 7 8 9 10 25 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
OSC
22:00
King of the Hill #264
Liquipedia
INu's Battles
20:00
INu's Battles#21
SHIN vs herOLIVE!
IntoTheiNu 1442
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
OGKoka 245
MaxPax 149
Rex 92
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 66520
Calm 3681
Shuttle 3037
Bisu 2044
FanTaSy 1568
EffOrt 447
Soma 333
Stork 318
Mini 309
Hyuk 270
[ Show more ]
firebathero 259
Rush 238
Light 236
ZerO 166
Snow 143
Last 139
Soulkey 137
Zeus 103
actioN 103
Barracks 102
Killer 74
hero 70
Dewaltoss 55
Mong 54
Pusan 46
Hyun 44
sorry 43
Shinee 42
ToSsGirL 37
Bale 33
NotJumperer 32
Free 30
Shine 27
PianO 22
Aegong 20
Sharp 19
yabsab 18
zelot 14
HiyA 12
Sacsri 10
Noble 6
Icarus 5
Dota 2
Gorgc6553
Dendi823
Counter-Strike
olofmeister1367
kRYSTAL_171
Heroes of the Storm
Lowko429
Other Games
gofns40394
singsing2135
B2W.Neo638
hiko389
crisheroes288
DeMusliM213
byalli195
Livibee173
Hui .157
Liquid`VortiX94
Mew2King88
ZerO(Twitch)11
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV227
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 6
[ Show 9 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 35
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Upcoming Events
OSC
8h 38m
Replay Cast
9h 23m
OSC
1d 9h
Big Brain Bouts
1d 20h
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
Patches Events
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
[ Show More ]
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
The PondCast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.