• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 06:05
CEST 12:05
KST 19:05
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror6[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War615.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups $3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
ChatGPT cheats at StarSkirmish SCAI tournament Rollback Netcode in Brood War TL Sidebar missing streams [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror Sagi.gg Launcher Released
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 6619 users

[Photos/Video] MSL Selection Night Photoshoots 1/2 - Page 3

Forum Index > BW General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All
SkyLegenD
Profile Joined February 2010
United States304 Posts
June 24 2010 18:04 GMT
#41
lmaoooo midas

I love teamliquide?
"Victory belongs to the most persevering." - Napoleon Bonaparte
NeverGG *
Profile Blog Joined January 2008
United Kingdom5399 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-06-24 18:15:32
June 24 2010 18:09 GMT
#42
On June 25 2010 03:01 bokchoi wrote:
I agree with it being kind of dumb/stupid for them to be forced to say something to TeamLiquid, it just doesn't seem genuine at all. Maybe they do truly appreciate the support, maybe they don't, and don't get me wrong I'm not trying to say they don't. HOWEVER, I think it would be A LOT more meaningful and a lot cooler for us if the people who actually seem to know and appreciate foreign/teamliquid support were the ones who addressed it because then we (as fans) are more appreciative of them for being aware of our support, our community, and are able to make a deeper connection to them.

With that being said I appreciate Violet and Sea the most because they seem to be the most appreciative of the support and attempted to make a more meaningful message to their foreign fans, which can be seen in the fact that a) they attempted to speak english to better connect with their foreign fans and b) they're shout-outs to teamliquid don't seem as forced.


Um, I didn't force anyone to say anything. I politely asked them using my basic level of Korean if they'd say it along with whatever message they'd like to give their foreign fans. As for making a deeper connection - provide me with the resources that a team like Fomos has - money, over ten people on staff, not having to pay for everything themselves, and fluency in Korean and I could give you that kind of connection. I do my best with what I've got. Sorry if you think it's dumb/stupid, but I am only trying to make fun things for TL that we otherwise wouldn't get

I need to study more Korean, but I have to focus on my health right now. Plus I only do a small amount of events since retiring so the players are less used to me now.

Violet and Sea are the ones who speak the most English. Also Susie has a long-standing friendship with Sea so he knows all about us. Violet knows TL through his interview, my work, and his own personal browsing online. Although JD speaks some English he's pretty awkward at times. Bisu speaks almost zero English and is very awkward. Flash was pretty great to work with from day one. He just doesn't speak any English so it's harder for us to communicate. Midas is just too cute...I spend more time wanting to stuff him in my pocket than actually talking to him.

Thanks for all the supportive comments guys, and for the really timely translations! I decided to go for some less usual choices this time around, and the overdose of Bisu was actually as a favor to an STX/and Bisu fan girl who I'm friends with.
우리 행운의 모양은 여러개지만 행복의 모양은 하나
510Sushi
Profile Joined October 2008
Azerbaijan331 Posts
June 24 2010 18:09 GMT
#43
great work.. can you get more of sea_shield to satisfy man epic man crush on him
i am the ghote
Tuke
Profile Joined January 2009
Finland1666 Posts
June 24 2010 18:28 GMT
#44
Thank a lot for pictures and videos nevergg, you are awesome
TeamLiquid CJ Entusman #42
krndandaman
Profile Joined August 2009
Mozambique16569 Posts
June 24 2010 18:29 GMT
#45
--- Nuked ---
Pholon
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
Netherlands6142 Posts
June 24 2010 18:31 GMT
#46
That was beyond awesome :D <3
Moderator@TLPholon // "I need a third hand to facepalm right now"
NeverGG *
Profile Blog Joined January 2008
United Kingdom5399 Posts
June 24 2010 18:36 GMT
#47
On June 25 2010 03:29 krndandaman wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 25 2010 03:01 bokchoi wrote:
I agree with it being kind of dumb/stupid for them to be forced to say something to TeamLiquid, it just doesn't seem genuine at all. Maybe they do truly appreciate the support, maybe they don't, and don't get me wrong I'm not trying to say they don't. HOWEVER, I think it would be A LOT more meaningful and a lot cooler for us if the people who actually seem to know and appreciate foreign/teamliquid support were the ones who addressed it because then we (as fans) are more appreciative of them for being aware of our support, our community, and are able to make a deeper connection to them.

With that being said I appreciate Violet and Sea the most because they seem to be the most appreciative of the support and attempted to make a more meaningful message to their foreign fans, which can be seen in the fact that a) they attempted to speak english to better connect with their foreign fans and b) they're shout-outs to teamliquid don't seem as forced.


maybe the others can't speak english well.
not all koreans can speak english you know lol.

also they definitely were not forced to. what kind of power does nevergg have over them? -.-


The power of boobs? ^_~ Nah, I just give them loads of food.
우리 행운의 모양은 여러개지만 행복의 모양은 하나
khellian
Profile Joined February 2010
Korea (South)922 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-06-24 18:55:41
June 24 2010 18:41 GMT
#48
Hahaha, adorable! I have to admit (as a semi-hater) that Flash is growing on me. I might actually like him soon hahahah! ^_* Bisu is adorably shy in an awkward way as always, as are most of them! ^_^
khellian
Profile Joined February 2010
Korea (South)922 Posts
June 24 2010 18:43 GMT
#49
Ohh and super thanks for the videos NeverGG, awsome work!
Yggdrasil Leaf
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
221 Posts
June 24 2010 18:48 GMT
#50
OMG! Thank You.
"A person hears only what they understand" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Empyrean
Profile Blog Joined September 2004
17082 Posts
June 24 2010 18:54 GMT
#51
Haha thanks for these vids. They're really cool :D
Moderator
p53
Profile Joined September 2009
297 Posts
June 24 2010 18:55 GMT
#52
This is so awesome!! Thanks NeverGG!
Necosarius
Profile Blog Joined September 2009
Sweden4042 Posts
June 24 2010 18:55 GMT
#53
OMG this is so cool! I love your work! <3
Shiragaku
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Hong Kong4308 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-06-24 19:03:14
June 24 2010 18:59 GMT
#54
Wow...Bisu is so shy and awkward.

He is by far one of the most handsome Koreans I have ever seen and the shyest. I wonder he acts around girls.
Lucumo
Profile Joined January 2010
6850 Posts
June 24 2010 19:27 GMT
#55
On June 25 2010 03:09 NeverGG wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 25 2010 03:01 bokchoi wrote:
I agree with it being kind of dumb/stupid for them to be forced to say something to TeamLiquid, it just doesn't seem genuine at all. Maybe they do truly appreciate the support, maybe they don't, and don't get me wrong I'm not trying to say they don't. HOWEVER, I think it would be A LOT more meaningful and a lot cooler for us if the people who actually seem to know and appreciate foreign/teamliquid support were the ones who addressed it because then we (as fans) are more appreciative of them for being aware of our support, our community, and are able to make a deeper connection to them.

With that being said I appreciate Violet and Sea the most because they seem to be the most appreciative of the support and attempted to make a more meaningful message to their foreign fans, which can be seen in the fact that a) they attempted to speak english to better connect with their foreign fans and b) they're shout-outs to teamliquid don't seem as forced.


Um, I didn't force anyone to say anything. I politely asked them using my basic level of Korean if they'd say it along with whatever message they'd like to give their foreign fans.

Isn't that the same? There is almost no way they won't do it when asked so, that's just the way they are. So you never know whether they truly appreciate it...unless you say nothing and they do it on their own.

Anyway, thank you for your work
bokchoi
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
Korea (South)9498 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-06-24 19:35:12
June 24 2010 19:34 GMT
#56
First off, I'm really sorry to NeverGG. I wasn't trying to bash on your work in anyway.

Secondly, I wasn't trying to say that all Koreans speak English well, but most if not all know some basics whether it be as little as Hello, Hi, Thank You, etc. I wasn't trying to speak poorly of the other progamers or anything, but wanted to point out that I truly appreciated those who seemed to be/have been making that extra effort to be knowledgeable and connect with foreign fans (which is why I said I appreciated Violet and Sea).

Also on the being forced part I realize no one's holding them at gunpoint saying that if they don't say something they're gonna be shot, (once again not trying to bash on anyone or anything) but how many of them without any sort of prompt would've said something about TL.net? (and if they did say it with no prompt then I once again apologize for making assumptions and jumping to conclusions) I'm not saying that the Korean progamers being unfamiliar with TL.net is necessarily a bad thing because they're Koreans who have their own Korean fanbase, communities, and websites that do the same thing. So the likelihood that most of them are unfamiliar with an international fanbase, international starcraft, or TL.net is very high. That's why I once again was trying to recognize and appreciate those who are more familiar with it, because I personally definitely appreciate them more.

In closing, I'd just like to say I did not mean to be negative or bash on anyone with my previously comment (or this current one for that matter) and I truly do appreciate all the work that NeverGG does for us at TL.net.
polgas
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada1791 Posts
June 24 2010 19:49 GMT
#57
Nice! NeverGG Fighting!

"I love team liquidu?" lol!
Leee Jaee Doong
Nickosha
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States35 Posts
June 24 2010 19:51 GMT
#58
Hahaha awesome. Thank you for taking the pictures/videos, NeverGG.
Hyde
Profile Blog Joined November 2007
Australia14568 Posts
June 24 2010 19:56 GMT
#59
Wow this is so awesome, thank you NeverGG for the pictures and videos (especially of Bisu!)
Because when you left, Brood War was all spotlights and titans. Now, with the death of the big leagues, Brood War has moved to the basements and carparks. Now, Brood War is unlicensed brawls, lost teeth, and bloody fights for fistfulls of money - SirJolt
matjlav
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
Germany2435 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-06-24 20:19:00
June 24 2010 20:10 GMT
#60
Haha, Sea swore in his interview? That's funny. I was hoping that he would speak some English for us, but oh well.

Thanks for the interviews, NeverGG, they all put a smile on my face Midas is pretty much the cutest thing I have ever seen.
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Sparkling Tuna Cup
19:00
Weekly #150 (SHIN Mod Edition)
CranKy Ducklings38
CranKy Ducklings SOOP17
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
OGKoka 174
ByuN 12
SHIN 1
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 10177
Rain 3264
soO 599
Stork 415
Soulkey 382
BeSt 358
Soma 346
Rush 288
firebathero 227
Britney 192
[ Show more ]
Barracks 120
Sexy 58
Shinee 55
Mind 47
FanTaSy 43
Killer 33
Sharp 26
Shine 21
HiyA 21
sorry 21
Sacsri 17
Hm[arnc] 16
hero 14
Terrorterran 13
yabsab 12
zelot 10
Noble 8
scan(afreeca) 3
Dota 2
Gorgc6067
League of Legends
JimRising 430
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King106
Other Games
gofns38934
singsing1257
Pyrionflax211
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV228
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 8
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• 3DClanTV 61
• Sammyuel 45
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV214
League of Legends
• Jankos3384
Upcoming Events
Patches Events
4h 55m
BSL Open Qualifier
8h 55m
BSL Open Qualifier
8h 55m
OSC
12h 55m
OSC
1d 1h
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
Online Event
5 days
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.