• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 01:45
CEST 07:45
KST 14:45
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror2[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup8StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)67Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? Sagi.gg Launcher Released BW General Discussion PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7870 users

Flash interview by Shindonga Magazine - Page 6

Forum Index > BW General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 4 5 6 7 8 Next All
NuKedUFirst
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
Canada3139 Posts
June 03 2010 22:30 GMT
#101
On June 04 2010 07:25 Megalisk wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 04 2010 07:22 Assymptotic wrote:
Reading this article has only made me wonder about Flash's romantic life (or lack thereof)...I mean, at that age, a guy gets horny. Starcraft over girls? Man, I'd never do that (unless Starcraft got me girls).


Flash could REALLY take advantage of his fame, but hes to pure to do that .


hahah pretty much this!
Great interview, Flash = my #1 (progamer)
FrostedMiniWeet wrote: I like winning because it validates all the bloody time I waste playing SC2.
roymarthyup
Profile Joined April 2010
1442 Posts
June 04 2010 02:32 GMT
#102
flash is probably of a type of warrior mindset in believing that if he goes around getting girls it will reduce his potency at kicking ass in starcraft

he probably only thinks about being the best all the time and doesnt wanna do anything he thinks can hurt his game

i dont believe in this. i think flash could get his pick of the super hot chicks and bang them and dump them and still have time to destroy in starcraft... but oh well
VelRa_G
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
Canada304 Posts
June 04 2010 02:46 GMT
#103
He is so. Hardcore. So badass.

He'll probably make for a hellishly good Go player once his hands get tired.
Nuda Veritas
fabiano
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
Brazil4644 Posts
June 04 2010 02:54 GMT
#104
He has been studying Go recently. Because there are a lot of similarities with Starcraft, his abilities are improving rapidly.


Go sucks a lot. I've played this game since 2005 and never got past 4 dan, mostly being 3 dan on KGS. Once you stop improving, the game is no more fun.
"When the geyser died, a probe came out" - SirJolt
DemiSe
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
883 Posts
June 09 2010 18:22 GMT
#105
Flash seems like an amazing guy. Who doesn't love meat?!
Thanks for the article/interview.
Let's See Who's Stronger, Your Tricks, Or My Skills.
dukethegold
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
Canada5645 Posts
June 09 2010 18:40 GMT
#106
Imagine the calories intake on monthly basis if one spend 800 dollars on extra supplements in the form of meat.

Sponsors already take care all basic necessities include housing and food. If you watch Nal_ra Oldboy, you would see that their dorm food are actually pretty damn good for the A-team. According to what I remember, SKT, Hite and WeMade ate pretty damn well, sea food and everything. (Lol, no idea about what B-team eat. The left overs I imagine. Zeus did mention that Hite B-team don't get meat) I imagine a rich team like KT got pretty good food and snacks.
Lexpar
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
1813 Posts
June 09 2010 19:01 GMT
#107
I enjoyed that. I had no idea he was so young 0_o

Thanks!
AaronEB
Profile Joined May 2010
United States76 Posts
June 09 2010 19:13 GMT
#108
Seems kinda sad the life of a progamer. At least a korean one. It seems past the point of fun and just work. At least the way he describes it.
I'm pretty sure that if you a drink for everything Day[9] says bejewjaler and baller you will get alcohol poisoning.
J1.au
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
Australia3596 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-06-09 20:10:55
June 09 2010 20:06 GMT
#109
On June 10 2010 04:01 Lexpar wrote:
I enjoyed that. I had no idea he was so young 0_o

Thanks!

Flash back in 2007 (aged 15):
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]

He was once the cutest progamer! Now he's just the best...
Athos
Profile Blog Joined February 2008
United States2484 Posts
April 25 2011 21:17 GMT
#110
Hi, can anybody tell me the name of the fine reporter who gave this interview? I'm writing a research paper on Starcraft, and unfortunately I don't know Korean, and I'm not sure that I trust the Google translation.
maybenexttime
Profile Blog Joined November 2006
Poland5872 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-04-25 21:39:00
April 25 2011 21:38 GMT
#111
I believe it's 공종식, Kong JongSik (pronounced Shik), but don't quote me on that.
lvatural
Profile Blog Joined November 2005
United States347 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-04-26 02:55:01
April 26 2011 02:53 GMT
#112
Goes to show what it takes to be #1. Passion, determination, and talent. Flash's mindset reminds me of an Eminem interview I remember from back in the day. Em said all he did was think about rhymes all day long, wrote down everything, and read the dictionary during his spare time. When he made it big, he still wore plain clothes and a G-shock watch because he didn't do it for the $$$ but the game itself.

Flash's got the same mentality (well at least that's what I get from the interview). Deserves #1 for sure.

Thanks for the translation btw.

Edit: Fuck me, it's a year old. Well it's been a year and he's still on top. Props to him even more!
--
Rodiel3
Profile Joined March 2011
France1158 Posts
April 26 2011 03:07 GMT
#113

“My mind is full of thoughts about Starcraft. When I shower, when I eat, I would always be playing ‘imaginary games’ in my head. I think it’s very interesting. I think it’s because no one’s forcing me to play Starcraft, but rather I want to do it, is why I’ve done so well.”


I know it ! this guy got a copy of starcraft in his head !
http://www.youtube.com/user/rodiel3 SCBW FPVOD
Zona
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
40426 Posts
April 26 2011 12:53 GMT
#114
Interesting bump, coupled with the translated cartoon.

That $800/month on "meat"? It's actually expenses linked to his consumption of other progamers' skills!
"If you try responding to those absurd posts every day, you become more damaged. So I pay no attention to them at all." Jung Myung Hoon (aka Fantasy), as translated by Kimoleon
GG.NoRe
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Korea (South)1051 Posts
April 26 2011 13:01 GMT
#115
On June 10 2010 05:06 J1.au wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 10 2010 04:01 Lexpar wrote:
I enjoyed that. I had no idea he was so young 0_o

Thanks!

Flash back in 2007 (aged 15):
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]

He was once the cutest progamer! Now he's just the best...


Flash cute? He was once called ugly terran when he was young. In Korean culture, people like men face to be small and like women, like Bisu and Jaedong. Very strong face is normally considered not attractive.
DONGJWA!
KTF_CloaK
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Netherlands1338 Posts
April 26 2011 13:14 GMT
#116
lol flash is the sexiest beats ever, when he was rocking that gnger hair he was so fucking hot
now he is super smexy with the black hair thing going on

anyways, maybe this belogs in the nada's body thread LOL
KT Rolster for the win!! Lee-Young-Ho hwaiting!!
c3rberUs
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
Japan11801 Posts
April 26 2011 13:45 GMT
#117
In one month he became a progamer while his rival jd, needed 10 tries at courage (I heard this in Hyungjoon). Flash's story shows that talent for the game can take a player really far.

I really hope that one day, a protoss player will rise that has really good talent (like flash) for the game, dominate bonjwa-style and lead the protoss race.
WriterMovie, 진영화 : "StarCraft will never die".
butchji
Profile Joined September 2009
Germany1531 Posts
April 26 2011 13:48 GMT
#118
"There’s a 10 minute break in cram school, and I would always run to a PC Bang and play a round."

That's why he was a cheesy player at the start. He just didn't have enough time for a macro game in practise. :D
ReketSomething
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
United States6012 Posts
April 26 2011 13:53 GMT
#119
On April 26 2011 22:48 butchji wrote:
"There’s a 10 minute break in cram school, and I would always run to a PC Bang and play a round."

That's why he was a cheesy player at the start. He just didn't have enough time for a macro game in practise. :D


Lol. Thats awesome ^^

This explains all!
Jaedong :3
aimaimaim
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
Philippines2167 Posts
April 26 2011 14:21 GMT
#120
On April 26 2011 22:48 butchji wrote:
"There’s a 10 minute break in cram school, and I would always run to a PC Bang and play a round."

That's why he was a cheesy player at the start. He just didn't have enough time for a macro game in practise. :D


And suddenly, it all made sense :D

Was wondering though if Kespa has a salary cap for their players ..
Religion is a dying idea .. || 'E-sport' outside Korea are nerds who wants to feel like rockstars. || I'm not gonna fuck with trolls on General Forum ever again .. FUCK!
Prev 1 4 5 6 7 8 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
08:00
Continental Nation League S1
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
NeuroSwarm 194
ProTech130
Nina 91
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 20764
Dewaltoss 113
Mong 104
Bale 40
ZergMaN 25
Noble 9
Icarus 8
League of Legends
JimRising 745
Other Games
summit1g11417
Sick199
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick913
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream38
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• practicex 44
• Letter147
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2162
League of Legends
• Lourlo1191
• Rush1063
• Stunt111
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
4h 15m
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
5h 15m
Monday Night Weeklies
10h 15m
Replay Cast
17h 15m
Afreeca Starleague
1d 4h
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1d 5h
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
1d 18h
The PondCast
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Patches Events
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.