• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 13:54
CEST 19:54
KST 02:54
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror2[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup8StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)67Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror SC4ALL II: Brood War Player Announcement 4/4
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9849 users

Korean GOM player for Proleague?

Forum Index > BW General
Post a Reply
1 2 3 Next All
Delerium
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
United States324 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-05-05 02:27:14
May 04 2010 13:03 GMT
#1
Though it seems very relevant, I'm too afraid to hijack the holy-sacred Small VOD Thread where this was originally posted.

A discussion began on page 332 of that thread about the Korean version of GOM player containing a button that will allow you to watch Proleague. This isn't just a button to let you tune in to live Proleague broadcasts, mind you, but Proleague VODs.

This image was included to show where the button is:

http://yfrog.com/1agomtvj

However, when I went looking for the Korean version of GOM player, I ended up with the 5,724kb file GOMPLAYERSETUP.EXE, it seemed to recognize my previous installation of GOM player, and the instructions were in English. How can I install the Korean version so I can watch Proleague VODs?

I'm asking this because Wfbrood/youku are terrible when you don't want to wait for nevake/jon747. The VOD I've been trying to watch for the last day has a broken segment (youku seems to "segment" its flash video files so you can't get the whole thing at once, it loads a new file every few minutes), and it's really irritating.

UPDATE: Korean GOM player located here: http://app.gomtv.com/gom/GOMPLAYERSETUP.EXE

Works for Proleague! refer to image
SubtleArt
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
2710 Posts
May 04 2010 13:31 GMT
#2
The small vod thread just posts videos from jon747 and nevake so don't be afraid to hijack it... I've also been looking for ways to watch proleague cause nevake takes like 4 weeks to upload stuff. Im not korean tho so I can't navigate through youku and wfbrood
Morrow on ZvP: "I'm not very confident in general vs Protoss because of the imbalance (Yes its imbalanced, get over it)."
ToT)SiLeNcE(
Profile Blog Joined February 2003
Germany590 Posts
May 04 2010 13:41 GMT
#3
On May 04 2010 22:31 SubtleArt wrote:
The small vod thread just posts videos from jon747 and nevake so don't be afraid to hijack it... I've also been looking for ways to watch proleague cause nevake takes like 4 weeks to upload stuff. Im not korean tho so I can't navigate through youku and wfbrood


Hey, it's actually fairly easy to find a VOD on youku. Just enter player names in to the search box on youku.com (e.g. "jaedong midas") and click the button next to it. One of the "sort by" buttons above the results is for date, but I don't know which one... Usually there are only a few results and it's fairly easy to identify which one is the one you're looking for...

Also, those sites aren't korean but chinese.
Sieged_medic
Profile Joined April 2010
United Kingdom10 Posts
May 04 2010 13:45 GMT
#4
http://tvpot.daum.net/brand/Top.do?ownerid=KN.r1jp17zI0&lu=b_c_top_skin

updated within few hours of play.
Quite slow because its on korean server, but
you can solve this problem by using http://www.downflv.com/ to dl this vod, then play it in your comp.
Shinshady
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Canada1237 Posts
May 04 2010 15:39 GMT
#5
Wfbrood isnt hard to navigate as on the front page it'll say the names in english for the most part (team names and player names). I'm suppose to be chinese, but I can't read any and its easy to go into but the loading times are horrdendous at times... I find jon747 has been doing a pretty nice job of being up to date atm though at times he's a tad bit slow but I'm grateful anyways ^_^.
BeSt[WHITE] Have a great retirement | "SKT is best KT." - Vortok | http://img214.imageshack.us/img214/7190/ep24hitcombo2small.gif
zatic
Profile Blog Joined September 2007
Zurich15366 Posts
May 04 2010 18:49 GMT
#6
On May 04 2010 22:31 SubtleArt wrote:
The small vod thread just posts videos from jon747 and nevake so don't be afraid to hijack it... I've also been looking for ways to watch proleague cause nevake takes like 4 weeks to upload stuff. Im not korean tho so I can't navigate through youku and wfbrood

Youku and WFbrood are Chinese.

And nevake currently takes a couple of days (not weeks) because I have other stuff on my mind and the original vods sources are unbelievably slow for me.
ModeratorI know Teamliquid is known as a massive building
SubtleArt
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
2710 Posts
May 04 2010 19:00 GMT
#7
On May 05 2010 03:49 zatic wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 04 2010 22:31 SubtleArt wrote:
The small vod thread just posts videos from jon747 and nevake so don't be afraid to hijack it... I've also been looking for ways to watch proleague cause nevake takes like 4 weeks to upload stuff. Im not korean tho so I can't navigate through youku and wfbrood

Youku and WFbrood are Chinese.

And nevake currently takes a couple of days (not weeks) because I have other stuff on my mind and the original vods sources are unbelievably slow for me.


A couple of days is still really long.....
Morrow on ZvP: "I'm not very confident in general vs Protoss because of the imbalance (Yes its imbalanced, get over it)."
Flicky
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
England2675 Posts
May 04 2010 19:03 GMT
#8
On May 05 2010 04:00 SubtleArt wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 05 2010 03:49 zatic wrote:
On May 04 2010 22:31 SubtleArt wrote:
The small vod thread just posts videos from jon747 and nevake so don't be afraid to hijack it... I've also been looking for ways to watch proleague cause nevake takes like 4 weeks to upload stuff. Im not korean tho so I can't navigate through youku and wfbrood

Youku and WFbrood are Chinese.

And nevake currently takes a couple of days (not weeks) because I have other stuff on my mind and the original vods sources are unbelievably slow for me.


A couple of days is still really long.....


Yeah Zatic! How dare you take your time when downloading original source videos for everyone and then taking SO LONG to upload them to youtube for free while getting much less recognition than you deserve. Who the hell do you think you are?

Liquipedia"I was seriously looking for a black guy" - MrHoon
jalstar
Profile Blog Joined September 2009
United States8198 Posts
May 04 2010 20:49 GMT
#9
Between this and ongamenet.com for OSL VODs, we really only need youtube for MSL. Sweet.
jalstar
Profile Blog Joined September 2009
United States8198 Posts
May 04 2010 20:51 GMT
#10
On May 05 2010 04:03 Flicky wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 05 2010 04:00 SubtleArt wrote:
On May 05 2010 03:49 zatic wrote:
On May 04 2010 22:31 SubtleArt wrote:
The small vod thread just posts videos from jon747 and nevake so don't be afraid to hijack it... I've also been looking for ways to watch proleague cause nevake takes like 4 weeks to upload stuff. Im not korean tho so I can't navigate through youku and wfbrood

Youku and WFbrood are Chinese.

And nevake currently takes a couple of days (not weeks) because I have other stuff on my mind and the original vods sources are unbelievably slow for me.


A couple of days is still really long.....


Yeah Zatic! How dare you take your time when downloading original source videos for everyone and then taking SO LONG to upload them to youtube for free while getting much less recognition than you deserve. Who the hell do you think you are?



I really see nevake as more of an archive than a way to watch instantly

+ Show Spoiler +
i know you're being sarcastic
Delerium
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
United States324 Posts
May 04 2010 22:20 GMT
#11
........so no one knows how to install the KOREAN version of gom player?
motbob
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States12546 Posts
May 05 2010 00:31 GMT
#12
On May 05 2010 07:20 Delerium wrote:
........so no one knows how to install the KOREAN version of gom player?

When I ran the setup of the Korean GOM player, it was in english.
ModeratorGood content always wins.
Delerium
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
United States324 Posts
May 05 2010 02:26 GMT
#13
On May 05 2010 09:31 motbob wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 05 2010 07:20 Delerium wrote:
........so no one knows how to install the KOREAN version of gom player?

When I ran the setup of the Korean GOM player, it was in english.

So it was for me, too. That will teach me not to be persistent.

So, in case anyone was wondering, here's where I got the Korean version: http://app.gomtv.com/gom/GOMPLAYERSETUP.EXE

I've added this to the OP of this thread. I've tested it, and indeed you can watch Proleague VODs using the mysterious korean button. Also, funny Korean commercials!! Thanks, everybody.
zatic
Profile Blog Joined September 2007
Zurich15366 Posts
May 05 2010 03:27 GMT
#14
On May 05 2010 04:00 SubtleArt wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 05 2010 03:49 zatic wrote:
On May 04 2010 22:31 SubtleArt wrote:
The small vod thread just posts videos from jon747 and nevake so don't be afraid to hijack it... I've also been looking for ways to watch proleague cause nevake takes like 4 weeks to upload stuff. Im not korean tho so I can't navigate through youku and wfbrood

Youku and WFbrood are Chinese.

And nevake currently takes a couple of days (not weeks) because I have other stuff on my mind and the original vods sources are unbelievably slow for me.


A couple of days is still really long.....

Well, I am trying to catch up, 24/7. But for some reason it takes me about 10 hours to get a single set of games because of terrible speed, so to catch up with 10 matches of proleague unfortunately takes a couple of days.

Once I am up to date with PL I can probably upload within the day the games are played again.
ModeratorI know Teamliquid is known as a massive building
TheMute
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States458 Posts
May 05 2010 03:33 GMT
#15
Does this korean version of gomplayer let you watch proleague live?
Friends are simply people you can do/say vulgar things to.
jpak
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
United States5045 Posts
May 05 2010 03:49 GMT
#16
On May 05 2010 12:33 TheMute wrote:
Does this korean version of gomplayer let you watch proleague live?


I think it does. I'm looking at it right now. I can watch more korean stuff than just proleague!! THANKS MAN!
CJ Entusman #50! #1 클템 fan TL!
jpak
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
United States5045 Posts
May 05 2010 03:52 GMT
#17
Okay, i see that some shows you have to subscribe while some shows are free. Fortunately, proleague is free. If you're poking around for other korean shows, please keep this in mind.
CJ Entusman #50! #1 클템 fan TL!
sung_moon
Profile Blog Joined September 2008
United States10110 Posts
May 05 2010 04:01 GMT
#18
On May 05 2010 09:31 motbob wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 05 2010 07:20 Delerium wrote:
........so no one knows how to install the KOREAN version of gom player?

When I ran the setup of the Korean GOM player, it was in english.


yea same here. but nowadays most people i kno dun even use gomplayer anymore
o well imam stick with it
Forever Young
jpak
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
United States5045 Posts
May 05 2010 04:10 GMT
#19
On May 05 2010 13:01 sung_moon wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 05 2010 09:31 motbob wrote:
On May 05 2010 07:20 Delerium wrote:
........so no one knows how to install the KOREAN version of gom player?

When I ran the setup of the Korean GOM player, it was in english.


yea same here. but nowadays most people i kno dun even use gomplayer anymore
o well imam stick with it


... I use GOM player It has as lot more codecs than most other media players.
CJ Entusman #50! #1 클템 fan TL!
TheMute
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States458 Posts
May 05 2010 04:21 GMT
#20
This is great! Watching ProLeague in GOMPlayer. Can I also then watch MSL and OSL live via GOMPlayer?
Friends are simply people you can do/say vulgar things to.
1 2 3 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
00:00
#14
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
Harstem485
IndyStarCraft 214
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Harstem 485
IndyStarCraft 214
Railgan 79
BRAT_OK 62
JuggernautJason4
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 16898
BeSt 399
Soma 192
Mini 145
Dewaltoss 121
Mind 95
hero 71
Zeus 45
Hyun 42
ToSsGirL 24
[ Show more ]
Bale 23
NaDa 20
Rock 19
PianO 15
Sacsri 5
Dota 2
Gorgc4850
qojqva2877
Dendi1543
420jenkins469
Counter-Strike
fl0m3999
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby4683
Khaldor1314
Liquid`Hasu1131
MindelVK9
Other Games
FrodaN1669
B2W.Neo839
byalli431
Hui .174
ArmadaUGS159
QueenE85
Mew2King53
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1176
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream42
StarCraft 2
angryscii 6
Other Games
BasetradeTV6
[ Show 19 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Adnapsc2 29
• Reevou 8
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 41
• blackmanpl 16
• FirePhoenix5
• niya90s1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 3867
League of Legends
• Nemesis2492
Other Games
• imaqtpie621
• Shiphtur250
• WagamamaTV210
Upcoming Events
BSL Open Qualifier
1h 6m
BSL Open Qualifier
1h 6m
Replay Cast
5h 6m
Afreeca Starleague
16h 6m
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
17h 6m
Monday Night Weeklies
22h 6m
Replay Cast
1d 5h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 16h
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1d 17h
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
[ Show More ]
The PondCast
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Patches Events
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.