• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 02:35
CEST 08:35
KST 15:35
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War605.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
$3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War Sagi.gg Launcher Released BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8042 users

TL meetup 12.05.2009 Freiburg, Germany !

Forum Index > BW General
Post a Reply
1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All
disciple
Profile Blog Joined January 2008
9071 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-12-01 13:41:43
November 22 2009 12:10 GMT
#1
[image loading]


:: FREIBURG FRENZY :: TL MEET-UP :: FREIBURG, GERMANY ::
December 4th - December 7th


Hey all,

We're organising a TL meet up in Freiburg, Germany. Apart from having a good time and having a blast with fellow TL-members we'll be having some great entertainment in store:
  • StarCraft LAN - We'll try to set this up, literally be face-to-face with the people you play with online!
  • MSL - Savior and Bisu group -THE group everyone should be looking forward to - complete with German-accent commentary and some outrageous Bisu fanboysm by disciple
  • Pholon will be there to organise the next TL-Arena - Announcement soon!


Schedule and Venues

First, where we are going to sleep. Well, for the time from Friday till Monday I booked this:

[image loading]

Its kind of hard to see on this picture but its a huge, 140m2 room, with lots of coaches,a fussball (if thats the correct word for it) a bar, a Poker set, and fridges to keep the beer cold. We will watch the MSL and LAN there. We will sleep there as well The address of the thing is Hindenburgstr. 68 So, how to get there? Really easy. Once you get to the central rail station, which you will eventually do, you will see a bridge above the rails.

There is a tram staiton on the brigde. Get on Tram #1 in direction Littenweiler, if you got on the bridge from the train station, that will be the tram which goes to the left. The station on which you must get off is called Alter Messplatz
[image loading]

she will LAN as well

There is a big shopping center near the station, you cant possibly get it wrong. The address of the mall is Schwarzwaldstraße 78. So just put the two addresses in google maps and it will guide you to my place. Its no more than 2 minutes from the tram station to teh finishing line As for the dudes with cars... well I posted the address above, so by using google maps, it will be easy to find it.

Sleeping will cost you nothing but be sure to take a sleeping bag !
Important note !: if you are coming on Friday, I will be able to pick you from the rail station and you wont have to worry about how to find the place. So ppl who are coming on Friday - PM me


Schedule


Friday:
Nothing is planed for Friday. Main thing is to get to Freiburg. If we have time, we will see the town, maybe drink something.

Saturday:
Saturday will be packed with cool stuff. Starting from the morning, we will watch the MSL in the big party room. Till then, I will take care about finding a video projector so we could enjoy Bisu/savior to the max. After that we will LAN. Unfortunately as I booked the room, there was already a planned event for 4 to 6 pm in the afternoon. So in any case we will stop playin SC for a while, and resume after that.

For the evening there are two things planned. TL arena at 22:00 CET and the TL community dinner. I havent booked a place for the dinner just yet, but when I do, I wont post info here, we will move as a group on Saturday anyway. So its really up to us what to do : go in town, get drunk have a good time, OR stay at home, watch the TL arena, LAN some more, get drunk and have a good time.

Sunday
Nothing is planed for Sunday as well. If the weather is good we can play some football, or just get drunk and host a poker tournament or a cooking contest,lol... Or ofc just LAN.


So, I assume everybody who posted in the thread before will come. Pls confirm and if you will take some buddy along, let me know so I can book the right table for the community dinner. Tell me also, when you are going to arrive in Freiburg, and if you will bring a laptop for the LAN.

That all I had to say

Community Dinner !! Saturday, the 5th of December 20:00


Imporant update:
I just booked the place where the community dinner will take place. Its a korean restaurant called Korea Manna, and forget about the chop suey shit - ppl cook some real korean stuff right there.
Whatever you order, you will most likely eat smth like this for the first time. The prices for the meals start from 5 euros and go up to 10, so imho it should be fine. The soup that I ate there was really big and tasty and the waitress was Jessica and Tiffany in one.

So we have a table for 15 ppl, 8 pm on Saturday. For the dudes who are coming to Freiburg just for this, the adress of Korea Manna is Gerberau 44. The location of the restaurant is great btw, because its really in the city center, and there are plenty of pubs nearby.

Smth really important. The chick told me that it will take a lot of time if we want to eat meals with rice involved. I have the card right here, and the meals she had in mind are

1. Kimbap 5,20 euros

2. Cheese Kimbap (aka Flash Special) 5,50 euros

3. Sogogi Kimbap 5,90 euros

4. Tuna Kimbap 5,90 euros

5. Bokumbap 5,50 euros

6. Bulgogi Chapche Deopbap 7,80 euros

7. Bibimbap 8,50 euros

I have no idea what any of this is, but if we focus on these 7, I must say to the chick to be prepared earlier. Other than these 7 meals you can choose from 5 different soups some vegetarian shit and the House Special which is 12,80 Euros. In any case I will tell the ppl there to be prepared for some mass Kimbap ordering, cause thats what most of the ppl will eat anyway.

Last, but not least I will take a deep breath and type the legendary SOG line
BRING YOUR OWN CASH


If you want to sign up or have any inquiries PM or find me (disciple), Aesop, Pholon or zatic on IRC. If you are living somewhere in Europe, you can fly really cheap to us as well. Just go to Ryanair's web page and search for flights to Baden-Baden, Karlsruhe. Once you get there, its fairly easy to take the train to Freiburg, which is 80km away from the airport. If you are worried where you are going to sleep, I can provide food, I can provide shelter, I can provide security.


Confirmed so far:
disciple
Aesop
zatic
Pholon
Nyovne
iNfeRnaL
beLieVe
paltung
fishyjoes
Bone_Idle
Flicky
grnp
lb
beetlelisk

Looking for a ride:
keit
r.Evo - needs a ride from nuremberg (wtff)
Administrator"I'm a big deal." - ixmike88
Pholon
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
Netherlands6142 Posts
November 22 2009 12:22 GMT
#2
I'll driving down from Dusseldorf on that Friday evening. Will pick up Nyo on the way. Remaining 2 seats are for now reserved for Swedes trying to make it, but post here if you need a ride and together we'll work something out

Looking forward to this!
Moderator@TLPholon // "I need a third hand to facepalm right now"
Aesop
Profile Joined October 2007
Hungary11305 Posts
November 22 2009 12:24 GMT
#3
Yay, I am here and I am expecting you all.
ModeratorNon veritas sed auctoritas facit legem. | Liquipedia: Don't ask me, I'm retired.
ThePhan2m
Profile Blog Joined September 2004
Norway2751 Posts
November 22 2009 14:16 GMT
#4
If it was abit closer to the danish border, I would have come.
aqui
Profile Blog Joined January 2008
Germany1023 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-11-22 14:31:06
November 22 2009 14:28 GMT
#5
I grew up in Freiburg. If i can make the time, i will come.
edit: On which day is the LAN planned?
disciple
Profile Blog Joined January 2008
9071 Posts
November 22 2009 14:45 GMT
#6
pfff good question, it depends, maybe on the 5th, after the MSL group or smth like that
Administrator"I'm a big deal." - ixmike88
Doso
Profile Joined March 2008
Germany769 Posts
November 22 2009 14:53 GMT
#7
T_T - basicly the other side of Germany for me. I guess i'll be too lazy to come.
NarutO
Profile Blog Joined December 2006
Germany18839 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-11-22 14:58:14
November 22 2009 14:56 GMT
#8
Nevermind. I have to work >_>
CommentatorPolt | MMA | Jjakji | BoxeR | NaDa | MVP | MKP ... truly inspiring.
disciple
Profile Blog Joined January 2008
9071 Posts
November 22 2009 15:40 GMT
#9
On November 22 2009 23:56 G.s)NarutO wrote:
Nevermind. I have to work >_>

I hoped you would come
Administrator"I'm a big deal." - ixmike88
Ziph
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
Netherlands970 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-11-22 16:21:24
November 22 2009 16:09 GMT
#10
Dude, its Sinterklaas in Holland then (5 December) Would have come if i didn't have family social shit.

+ Show Spoiler [Sinterklaas] +
[image loading]
Starcraft 2 - Beta
zatic
Profile Blog Joined September 2007
Zurich15366 Posts
November 22 2009 16:41 GMT
#11
I drive from Heidelberg if anybody wants to hop on.
ModeratorI know Teamliquid is known as a massive building
iNfeRnaL *
Profile Blog Joined August 2005
Germany1908 Posts
November 22 2009 17:39 GMT
#12
Probably coming I guess!
Zatic you driving via Pforzheim?
If so I'd be the first one that would want to hop on, should be pretty much on your route I guess?!?!?
2Pacalypse-
Profile Joined October 2006
Croatia9565 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-11-22 17:43:11
November 22 2009 17:41 GMT
#13
On my birthday!

It would be a perfect gift for my birthday if you pay me a ticket-.-

edit- damn your american way of saying dates -.-
My birthday is May, 12th actually. But an early gift wouldn't hurt...
Moderator"We're a community of geniuses because we've found how to extract 95% of the feeling of doing something amazing without actually doing anything." - Chill
iNfeRnaL *
Profile Blog Joined August 2005
Germany1908 Posts
November 22 2009 17:49 GMT
#14
rofl pac
fishyjoes
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
Germany644 Posts
November 22 2009 21:11 GMT
#15
Lol I got tricked by the american date as well.

So this is in just 2 weeks. I'm not sure yet if I can come. But I would really like too.

I live in Cologne and could need a ride. Pholon, doesnt your car have 5 seats? You + Nyo + 2 Swedes = still one seat left :D
infinite fun: http://dagobah.biz/flash/loituma.swf
Liquid`Nazgul
Profile Blog Joined September 2002
22427 Posts
November 22 2009 21:24 GMT
#16
That sucks. Sinterklaas commitments.
Administrator
Julmust
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
Sweden4867 Posts
November 22 2009 21:30 GMT
#17
haha keit hoping to get a ride from Boden? awesome xD too bad I cant come, hf guys
AdministratorI'm dancing in the moonlight
keit
Profile Blog Joined May 2008
1584 Posts
November 22 2009 22:09 GMT
#18
On November 23 2009 06:30 Julmust wrote:
haha keit hoping to get a ride from Boden? awesome xD too bad I cant come, hf guys


can always fly somewhere and get a ride from there. :f
Graphics
beLieVe
Profile Joined June 2009
Germany15 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-11-22 22:23:58
November 22 2009 22:20 GMT
#19
count me in. Coming from Hamburg.
Maybe i can take 1 or 2 persons with me if i get my car back until then. Otherwise ill have to take the train.
Gee Gee
disciple
Profile Blog Joined January 2008
9071 Posts
November 22 2009 23:48 GMT
#20
great, next week I will make another post will additional information about the schedule and where we are going to drink lol
Administrator"I'm a big deal." - ixmike88
1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 3h 25m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 4378
Leta 1844
Shuttle 1382
sorry 48
ZergMaN 46
Shine 38
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm229
League of Legends
JimRising 627
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King55
Other Games
summit1g7347
WinterStarcraft689
Sick182
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick507
BasetradeTV239
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Letter1415
• Sammyuel 14
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2216
League of Legends
• Lourlo1106
• Rush1096
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3h 25m
Patches Events
8h 25m
BSL Open Qualifier
12h 25m
BSL Open Qualifier
12h 25m
OSC
16h 25m
OSC
1d 5h
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
4 days
Online Event
5 days
[ Show More ]
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.