• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 04:51
CEST 10:51
KST 17:51
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)73Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BSL Season 23 Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7528 users

flash plugin is out of date

Forum Index > Website Feedback
Post a Reply
1 2 Next All
Die4Ever
Profile Joined August 2010
United States17750 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-11-01 00:22:52
November 01 2015 00:15 GMT
#1
Just recently it seems every page on TL is popping up this dialog saying that my flash player plugin is out of date, and then it tries to redirect the user to download some probably harmful exe file at
http://184.173.28.176/adobe_flashplayer_7.exe (don't go there lol it's probably a virus, athough their server seems to be having troubles)

I have TL+ so it shouldn't be an ad causing this, I think it's coming from your ad providers javascript though, so it works even if no ads are displayed. Turning on adblock doesn't seem to fix the issue.

It happens in Incognito mode as well, so it's not just my user account or anything like that. This is showing up on every page I've tried.
"Expert" mods4ever.com
qwA
Profile Joined November 2015
3 Posts
November 01 2015 00:21 GMT
#2
Same happened to me for a few minutes, on Firefox. I don't even have flash.
GinDo
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
3327 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-11-01 00:23:43
November 01 2015 00:22 GMT
#3
Happening to me too. I turned ON ad block and it stopped appearing.

EDIT: page keeps loading though
ⱩŦ ƑⱠẬ$Ħ / ƩǤ ɈƩẬƉØƝǤ [ɌȻ] / ȊṂ.ṂṼⱣ / ẬȻƩɌ.ȊƝƝØṼẬŦȊØƝ / ẬȻƩɌ.ϟȻẬɌⱠƩŦŦ ϟⱠẬɎƩɌϟ ȻⱠẬƝ
Die4Ever
Profile Joined August 2010
United States17750 Posts
November 01 2015 00:26 GMT
#4
On November 01 2015 09:22 GinDo wrote:
Happening to me too. I turned ON ad block and it stopped appearing.

EDIT: page keeps loading though

I do not believe adblock fixes it, I think it's just the server is getting hammered and taking a while to load this malicious script.
"Expert" mods4ever.com
scott31337
Profile Joined January 2013
United States2979 Posts
November 01 2015 00:30 GMT
#5
Me too! I thought I got infected, but if you guys are seeing it too, I feel better. TL got infected instead
THIS WAGON IS HITTING MAFIA FOR SURE BOYS!
Die4Ever
Profile Joined August 2010
United States17750 Posts
November 01 2015 00:33 GMT
#6
everyone should go here
https://www.google.com/safebrowsing/report_badware/

and report the url, just copy paste this url into the form
http://184.173.28.176/adobe_flashplayer_7.exe
"Expert" mods4ever.com
Shock710
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
Australia6097 Posts
November 01 2015 00:41 GMT
#7
right then a couple of seconds before i could not visit any Tl pages because of this "upgrade plugin" thing, i know not to click it so i close the box and it still redirected me....
its seems to be gone now but im gonna scans on my comp now....zzz
also it seems when the flash thing does pop up it causes the ads to die they just dont load
dAPhREAk gives Shock a * | [23:55] <Shock710> that was out of context -_- [16:26] <@motbob> Good question, Shock!
Epishade
Profile Blog Joined November 2011
United States2267 Posts
November 01 2015 01:16 GMT
#8
Uhh I clicked it. What should I does?
Pinhead Larry in the streets, Dirty Dan in the sheets.
Die4Ever
Profile Joined August 2010
United States17750 Posts
November 01 2015 01:36 GMT
#9
On November 01 2015 10:16 Epishade wrote:
Uhh I clicked it. What should I does?

did it download a file? Don't run it, just delete it, it would be named adobe_flashplayer_7.exe
"Expert" mods4ever.com
Die4Ever
Profile Joined August 2010
United States17750 Posts
November 01 2015 01:38 GMT
#10
seems to be fixed
"Expert" mods4ever.com
Epishade
Profile Blog Joined November 2011
United States2267 Posts
November 01 2015 02:50 GMT
#11
On November 01 2015 10:36 Die4Ever wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 01 2015 10:16 Epishade wrote:
Uhh I clicked it. What should I does?

did it download a file? Don't run it, just delete it, it would be named adobe_flashplayer_7.exe

No, it just took me to a website but the webpage didn't load.
Pinhead Larry in the streets, Dirty Dan in the sheets.
aRyuujin
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
United States5049 Posts
November 01 2015 03:10 GMT
#12
i also got this a bunch
can i get my estro logo back pls
Die4Ever
Profile Joined August 2010
United States17750 Posts
November 01 2015 03:26 GMT
#13
On November 01 2015 11:50 Epishade wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 01 2015 10:36 Die4Ever wrote:
On November 01 2015 10:16 Epishade wrote:
Uhh I clicked it. What should I does?

did it download a file? Don't run it, just delete it, it would be named adobe_flashplayer_7.exe

No, it just took me to a website but the webpage didn't load.

you're safe then, as long as you don't run the exe it tried to download lol
"Expert" mods4ever.com
c3rberUs
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
Japan11813 Posts
November 01 2015 03:30 GMT
#14
I just cleared my history and it was gone. Thought I'd share it
WriterMovie, 진영화 : "StarCraft will never die".
R1CH
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
Netherlands10342 Posts
November 01 2015 04:36 GMT
#15
Thanks for letting us know, seems this was a bad ad. Not quite sure why this applied to TL+ users, that definitely shouldn't have happened.
AdministratorTwitter: @R1CH_TL
TL+ Member
SetGuitarsToKill
Profile Blog Joined December 2013
Canada28396 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-11-01 11:09:50
November 01 2015 11:06 GMT
#16
I getting a very similar issue on mobile TL. When I try to use TL on my phone, sometimes it automatically redirects me to an obvious malware/virus download page which then makes my phone buzz and asks me to "update Android" in broken English. This only has happened when using TL. It started a few days ago and at first I thought it was a virus on my phone, but several virus checks proved it wasn't and when the Flash thing came about I realized it was only happening when I used teamliquid.

I'll include some screenshots of the websites. The main one seems to be a site called cellphone-tips.com
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]
[image loading]
[image loading]


I'm no expert, so I don't want to say TL is hacked or compromised or anything, but the fact that it exclusively happens on this site is extremely worrying and suspicious.
Community News"As long as you have a warp prism you can't be bad at harassment" - Maru | @SetGuitars2Kill
R1CH
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
Netherlands10342 Posts
November 01 2015 18:29 GMT
#17
I did find a few places where TL+ was still loading ad scripts (no ads were actually displayed, just the tag manager). These came from Google and comScore which should be reputable so I'm still not sure why TL+ users were also affected. I removed the unnecessary ad tags which should also make the page a tiny bit faster for TL+ users.
AdministratorTwitter: @R1CH_TL
TL+ Member
scott31337
Profile Joined January 2013
United States2979 Posts
November 01 2015 18:57 GMT
#18
Thanks R1CH for all the hard work you do
THIS WAGON IS HITTING MAFIA FOR SURE BOYS!
R1CH
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
Netherlands10342 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-11-01 21:35:23
November 01 2015 21:34 GMT
#19
Seems a 3rd party analytics company we use to measure adblock rates was compromised through a phishing attack. We're going to remove their code for all users.

http://blog.pagefair.com/2015/halloween-security-breach/
AdministratorTwitter: @R1CH_TL
TL+ Member
SetGuitarsToKill
Profile Blog Joined December 2013
Canada28396 Posts
November 07 2015 10:15 GMT
#20
On November 01 2015 20:06 SetGuitarsToKill wrote:
I getting a very similar issue on mobile TL. When I try to use TL on my phone, sometimes it automatically redirects me to an obvious malware/virus download page which then makes my phone buzz and asks me to "update Android" in broken English. This only has happened when using TL. It started a few days ago and at first I thought it was a virus on my phone, but several virus checks proved it wasn't and when the Flash thing came about I realized it was only happening when I used teamliquid.

I'll include some screenshots of the websites. The main one seems to be a site called cellphone-tips.com
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]
[image loading]
[image loading]


I'm no expert, so I don't want to say TL is hacked or compromised or anything, but the fact that it exclusively happens on this site is extremely worrying and suspicious.

Bumping to say that I encountered this again. It went away for a few days. Perhaps this is on my end though, but it happened again when using TL
Community News"As long as you have a warp prism you can't be bad at harassment" - Maru | @SetGuitars2Kill
1 2 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 1h 9m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Zeus 453
Larva 172
Hyun 50
Killer 44
scan(afreeca) 36
Bale 33
NotJumperer 33
Sharp 27
Hm[arnc] 16
Britney 0
Dota 2
febbydoto113
League of Legends
JimRising 484
Counter-Strike
olofmeister806
edward246
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King102
Other Games
summit1g7669
Coldzera 697
ceh9627
Happy272
Sick152
crisheroes149
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick561
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream43
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• killerbeecast1
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2289
League of Legends
• Jankos1062
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
1h 9m
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2h 9m
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
15h 9m
Patches Events
1d 7h
The PondCast
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
Percival vs TBD
TBD vs herO
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
OSC
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
Patches Events
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.