• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 17:34
CEST 23:34
KST 06:34
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror6[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War655.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups $3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 547 Temple Of Terror Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts
Brood War
General
Mineral Boosting (2 workers/patch) Rollback Netcode in Brood War Sagi.gg Launcher Released ChatGPT cheats at StarSkirmish SCAI tournament BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
The Link Between Gaming and …
TrAiDoS
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 13924 users

Who do I contact? The display feature of old TSL

Forum Index > Website Feedback
Post a Reply
1 2 Next All
Pucca
Profile Blog Joined January 2012
Taiwan1280 Posts
October 13 2012 03:58 GMT
#1
Hello, I've been in the process of trying to "revolutionize" or make brood war VODs more appealing to viewers. In doing so I saw that Pro-league and the TSL's that were played in brood war had the resources and supplies of both players in the bottom right hand corner.

The old TSL VODs looked like this:
[image loading]

I'm specifically looking how to acquire this:
[image loading]

I began to research the topic. I created this thread: http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=374469

Where a user directed me to contact a moderator under the name R1CH:
[image loading]

So I contacted R1CH via PM and this is the message I got back my initial message is also in the picture
[image loading]

I've sent a couple more message directly back to R1CH with no reply most likely due to his job moderating TeamLiquid. I've contacted half a dozen people from current moderators, people who worker with TL and just members of the community to figure out who to contact so see if I can get access to this program that was used. Or get directed to whom TL, or TSL hired to make such a program.

R1CH in another PM expressed that this could be used for hacking purposes which is understandable. However there are already more modern hacks that do this to a much higher degree than this program does and will most likely get patched over with an update in Wlauncher if it not already detected.

With the TSL no longer supporting BW I'd ask if not just me but the foreign brood war scene have access to this program. Just to name a few casters, Hacklebeast, Pucca (me), Elegant, Puppykiller, L_master, Noise and Birdie.

With this program: Resources and Supply Counter, resolution exspander and a new way to show information regarding the cast on screen without being distracting and not covering the game Brood War VODs can be vastly improved.

I hope this can be released to me and more importantly other casters that are casting tournaments. If R1CH's point on cheating is too compelling I'd ask could you tell me whom TL or TSL hired to make such a program thank you for your time!
Master Chief
2Pacalypse-
Profile Joined October 2006
Croatia9565 Posts
October 14 2012 15:01 GMT
#2
I'm pretty sure R1CH made it himself.

And he is right. This is basically a hack that if used by a player, can show your opponents resources/unit count. But on the other hand, this could be a pretty useful tool for commentators so hopefully we can work something out with people we can trust.
Moderator"We're a community of geniuses because we've found how to extract 95% of the feeling of doing something amazing without actually doing anything." - Chill
Pucca
Profile Blog Joined January 2012
Taiwan1280 Posts
October 14 2012 16:14 GMT
#3
On October 15 2012 00:01 2Pacalypse- wrote:
I'm pretty sure R1CH made it himself.

And he is right. This is basically a hack that if used by a player, can show your opponents resources/unit count. But on the other hand, this could be a pretty useful tool for commentators so hopefully we can work something out with people we can trust.

In my endeavor to dig this program up or find its equivalent I have searched dozens of mod sites for Brood War. I know there is a mod that already does this.

[image loading]


But R1CH had made a program that directly helps casters. I would use this mod however as you can tell it takes a huge portion of the screen. Not to mention if you were to rearrange these spots onto the overlay that is live updated I'd be blowing these numbers up but the resolution on them would be terrible. His mod puts it in the bottom left hand corner. So, I understand the reason for hacking but there is already a mod (above) that does this and much more information to greater effective affect.
Master Chief
Birdie
Profile Blog Joined August 2007
New Zealand4438 Posts
October 19 2012 03:46 GMT
#4
I'm learning to program and understand the theory behind such a mod, so I'll put it on my list of things to do. It's not especially complicated, but I'm bad at programming.
Red classic | A butterfly dreamed he was Zhuangzi | 4.5k, heading to 5k as support!
Pucca
Profile Blog Joined January 2012
Taiwan1280 Posts
October 19 2012 20:29 GMT
#5
I've found a promising programmer that looks like they will replicate this mod / tool. I'd still like it for R1CH to release his tool to the public however. There is no ETA of this program of the release date of this program yet. I do know that it will work is current methods of casting brood war. Using Brood War in windowed mode. The Add-On will access the game codes into another window to show supplies and resources, from here screen capture that part with xSplit and you are good to go at least so far.
Master Chief
R1CH
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
Netherlands10342 Posts
October 19 2012 21:59 GMT
#6
After discussion with other staff I've released my version. This is very much an unpolished product designed for internal TL use, so don't expect much in the way of an easy to use UI or anything. Example images are included.

http://www.teamliquid.net/staff/R1CH/LiquidOverlayPub.zip
AdministratorTwitter: @R1CH_TL
TL+ Member
Birdie
Profile Blog Joined August 2007
New Zealand4438 Posts
October 19 2012 22:32 GMT
#7
On October 20 2012 06:59 R1CH wrote:
After discussion with other staff I've released my version. This is very much an unpolished product designed for internal TL use, so don't expect much in the way of an easy to use UI or anything. Example images are included.

http://www.teamliquid.net/staff/R1CH/LiquidOverlayPub.zip

That's pretty sweet. The one thing I can't work out how to do is how to change the names and scores at the top left. I would think it takes the names you input on the right for each player but that only updates the names at the bottom right box, not the top left overlay.
Red classic | A butterfly dreamed he was Zhuangzi | 4.5k, heading to 5k as support!
R1CH
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
Netherlands10342 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-10-19 22:42:28
October 19 2012 22:42 GMT
#8
I think the player names are taken from the game itself, the score is controlled by the two spinners. Also make sure you set a font or it probably won't draw anything!
AdministratorTwitter: @R1CH_TL
TL+ Member
Pucca
Profile Blog Joined January 2012
Taiwan1280 Posts
October 19 2012 22:44 GMT
#9
R1CH thanks for your help, Me and the rest of the Brood War community heavily thanks you for the release of this Thanks again!
Master Chief
Birdie
Profile Blog Joined August 2007
New Zealand4438 Posts
October 19 2012 22:47 GMT
#10
On October 20 2012 07:42 R1CH wrote:
I think the player names are taken from the game itself, the score is controlled by the two spinners. Also make sure you set a font or it probably won't draw anything!

A font is set, the spinners don't change anything, and names aren't taken from the game itself (not correctly at least ;o). And yes, I've tried moving the spinners down, still nothing changed. The map name I can input without difficulty, and the bottom right overlay works fine.

Not a massive problem as bcoverlay can do text so I could always use that, but it'd be nice to have it all in one program. I'm using Windows XP, would that effect it?
Red classic | A butterfly dreamed he was Zhuangzi | 4.5k, heading to 5k as support!
R1CH
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
Netherlands10342 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-10-19 22:49:15
October 19 2012 22:47 GMT
#11
Actually I just reviewed the code, and the fonts are hard-coded. It uses "Walkway Bold" (http://www.dafont.com/walkway.font) for the top overlay. If you wish to substitute a different font, you can use Windows font substitution.

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc780114(v=ws.10).aspx
AdministratorTwitter: @R1CH_TL
TL+ Member
Birdie
Profile Blog Joined August 2007
New Zealand4438 Posts
October 19 2012 22:53 GMT
#12
On October 20 2012 07:47 R1CH wrote:
Actually I just reviewed the code, and the fonts are hard-coded. It uses "Walkway Bold" (http://www.dafont.com/walkway.font) for the top overlay. If you wish to substitute a different font, you can use Windows font substitution.

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc780114(v=ws.10).aspx

Excellent, that worked perfectly. Thanks very much for this, R1CH!
Red classic | A butterfly dreamed he was Zhuangzi | 4.5k, heading to 5k as support!
mca64[KDV]
Profile Joined May 2012
Poland463 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-10-24 17:11:15
October 24 2012 17:11 GMT
#13
doesnt work in Widnows 7, how to fix it?
Pucca
Profile Blog Joined January 2012
Taiwan1280 Posts
October 24 2012 18:09 GMT
#14
On October 25 2012 02:11 mca64[KDV] wrote:
doesnt work in Widnows 7, how to fix it?

R1CH made it clear that this program was not super user friendly. I hope not to bombard him with questions relating his program. That being said its simple, run as admin before running and it will work
Master Chief
mca64[KDV]
Profile Joined May 2012
Poland463 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-10-24 19:19:19
October 24 2012 19:19 GMT
#15
On October 25 2012 03:09 Pucca wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 25 2012 02:11 mca64[KDV] wrote:
doesnt work in Widnows 7, how to fix it?

R1CH made it clear that this program was not super user friendly. I hope not to bombard him with questions relating his program. That being said its simple, run as admin before running and it will work



Why not? if he made it and now release it. It doeasnt work under Windows 7. R1CH could You share also source code?
Pucca
Profile Blog Joined January 2012
Taiwan1280 Posts
October 25 2012 01:54 GMT
#16
On October 25 2012 04:19 mca64[KDV] wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 25 2012 03:09 Pucca wrote:
On October 25 2012 02:11 mca64[KDV] wrote:
doesnt work in Widnows 7, how to fix it?

R1CH made it clear that this program was not super user friendly. I hope not to bombard him with questions relating his program. That being said its simple, run as admin before running and it will work



Why not? if he made it and now release it. It doeasnt work under Windows 7. R1CH could You share also source code?

You may have glanced over my post. I said "run as admin before running and it will work"
Master Chief
mca64[KDV]
Profile Joined May 2012
Poland463 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-10-25 17:11:21
October 25 2012 17:09 GMT
#17
i did before i wrote here. Do you have windows 7?
Kiante
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
Australia7069 Posts
October 25 2012 17:23 GMT
#18
works for me on windows 7
Writer
Pucca
Profile Blog Joined January 2012
Taiwan1280 Posts
October 25 2012 19:29 GMT
#19
On October 26 2012 02:09 mca64[KDV] wrote:
i did before i wrote here. Do you have windows 7?

Right click and run as admib have you tried?
Master Chief
mca64[KDV]
Profile Joined May 2012
Poland463 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-10-26 12:42:49
October 26 2012 12:37 GMT
#20
ok i found where was the problem. Im using 16 bit color depth (for streamin) and it looks like this

[image loading]



32 bit is ok
1 2 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
BSL Open Qualifier
04:00
Jungsu & Hasu #3
ZZZero.O156
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 15636
Calm 1911
Shuttle 294
White-Ra 251
ZZZero.O 142
Mini 125
Sacsri 4
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm54
League of Legends
Doublelift2963
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby5285
Other Games
summit1g8949
FrodaN2604
Liquid`RaSZi2076
fl0m2068
crisheroes283
C9.Mang0255
ToD183
Livibee182
IndyStarCraft 181
Pyrionflax173
Mew2King48
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1110
StarCraft 2
angryscii 24
[ Show 17 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• musti20045 33
• Adnapsc2 28
• Hupsaiya 23
• Sammyuel 3
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki44
• blackmanpl 27
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie1561
• Shiphtur674
• WagamamaTV309
Upcoming Events
OSC
1h 26m
Replay Cast
1h 26m
OSC
14h 26m
WardiTV Weekly
1d 13h
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
Online Event
4 days
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Rush vs Soulkey
[ Show More ]
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.