• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 01:08
CEST 07:08
KST 14:08
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 20262Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)77Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? Sagi.gg Launcher Released BW General Discussion SC4ALL II Brood War Complete Invited Player Lineup 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Canadian Politics Mega-thread US Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Dating: How's your luck?
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 6264 users

Barcraft TL Community Sub-forum

Forum Index > Website Feedback
Post a Reply
Demonace34
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
United States2493 Posts
August 25 2011 18:56 GMT
#1
Since Barcraft has been taking over the last couple months (especially leading up to the NASL finals) I was wondering if the mods have thought about adding a sub-forum to encompass all of the Barcraft threads. Having a sub-forum with a thread for each city/state or region would help us organize easier and I think would help the Starcraft II community grow as a whole.

I've registered an account on Reddit to post and figure out places to hold it in Missouri but it seems like most of the people old enough to be in the Barcraft scene aren't into Reddit or haven't heard of Barcraft at all. On top of that Reddit just seems harder to keep a Topic updated and relevant and centralized to one state or one region. I just think it would be more organized to click on TL like this TL>TL Community>Barcraft>(Country)>(State or
Region)>(City or Locale)

Even though Barcraft would pick up slowly on its own, TL as a site and as a community (I believe) would be able to speed up the growth of this grass roots movement to watch Starcraft II with a bunch of like-minded people with some type of sub-forum under TL Community.
NaNiwa|IdrA|HuK|iNcontroL|Jinro|NonY|Day[9]|PuMa|HerO|MMA|NesTea|NaDa|Boxer|Ryung|
Kralic
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
Canada2628 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-08-25 19:46:29
August 25 2011 19:30 GMT
#2
I would think a whole subforum would be over the top. Just have a thread that one person who is dedicated to the cause and updates it all the time.

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=205436 did a pretty good job of putting all the information into one thread.

If it came to the point where we needed a "Barcraft" header in the side bar I would be happy at how the scene is growing. Right now it seems to be just in the US and Canada, some parts of Europe are trying to get it going but it is not exploding as fast as it did in North America. A nicely done thread with all of the information done and kept up to date and as accurate as possible would be a nice step. I know Primadog has a nice thread going. http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=248963

Just my two pennies.
Brood War forever!
Demonace34
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
United States2493 Posts
August 25 2011 19:53 GMT
#3
Primadog has been doing a good job about the established barcraft scenes, but I just feel like threads under the TL Community section get buried too quickly. For example, if I was going to put a thread in TL Community labeled, "KC/STL Barcraft interest?" it will get buried in a day or two even if there are people who would want to actually go.

In the Missouri region on Reddit we have 2 threads of 10-20 people who are interested and could bring additional people, but I just don't like the format there and wish it was easier to have some type of sub-forum.

Maybe this is just too early for what I am asking, but I figured it would help people organize easier since TL is a much bigger community than Barcraft on Reddit. Thanks for the input though.
NaNiwa|IdrA|HuK|iNcontroL|Jinro|NonY|Day[9]|PuMa|HerO|MMA|NesTea|NaDa|Boxer|Ryung|
JustJonny
Profile Joined January 2011
Canada294 Posts
September 20 2011 04:14 GMT
#4
i was thinking this was a good suggestion too. thank god i searched before posting :p i think this is definitely something to consider going forward. 10 barcraft threads on page 1 of TL Community right now. so, i second this motion.
Voracious
Profile Joined July 2010
Ireland12 Posts
September 23 2011 08:45 GMT
#5
Having just taken a read through the TL Community section , I'm coming at this from the other side - its getting a bit crowded in there with all the barcraft threads - a subforum for barcraft would improve the visibility of non-barcraft threads - as of this post 14/35 threads on page 1 of the community forum are barcraft threads.

On a side note - the organisers for each barcraft are awesome, keep up the good work guys
Need, little samurai, and desire. That is all it takes to begin-- and all you have left at the end.
AmericanUmlaut
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Germany2597 Posts
September 26 2011 12:12 GMT
#6
I just came in here to start a thread on the same topic and saw it's already here. I think that Barcraft is getting big enough to justify a subforum. A single thread isn't a very good solution, because the local nature of Barcraft means that the majority of posts in the thread wouldn't be of interest to the majority of readers. I'm involved in the Düsseldorf Barcraft thread, for example, and I'm interested in Barcraft in Cologne and Krefeld, but I wouldn't want to filter through posts about all the Barcrafts going down elsewhere in the world to find the conversations about the ones near me.
The frumious Bandersnatch
zatic
Profile Blog Joined September 2007
Zurich15366 Posts
September 26 2011 14:48 GMT
#7
Meetups like Barcraft were exactly the reason the TL Community forum was created in the first place. Currently I don't see the need to make another forum just for Barcraft.
ModeratorI know Teamliquid is known as a massive building
Chill
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
Calgary26004 Posts
September 26 2011 16:47 GMT
#8
Barcraft fits exactly in TL Community. I see very few advantages with breaking it out into another forum. Yes, it's getting popular, but that doesn't mean its outgrown TL Community.
Moderator
Heyoka
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
Katowice25012 Posts
September 26 2011 20:48 GMT
#9
I agree with them. Community is for real life meetups, which is what barcraft is. They're a perfect fit!
@RealHeyoka | ESL / DreamHack StarCraft Lead
Demonace34
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
United States2493 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-09-27 13:42:17
September 27 2011 13:41 GMT
#10
Yeah on 2nd glance, I just didn't like dealing with reddit to talk to other people or try to organize a venue for Barcraft and thought that if there was some type of special subforum it would magically make it easier. (that sounded mean and sarcastic but wasn't meant to be)

TL community will have to do for now, and barcraft on reddit will probably be a better place to establish or talk to people about finding a bar that will allow it. Thanks for the responses though.

What would it take to outgrow TL community? One in every state? Multiple per state in every state?
NaNiwa|IdrA|HuK|iNcontroL|Jinro|NonY|Day[9]|PuMa|HerO|MMA|NesTea|NaDa|Boxer|Ryung|
Chill
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
Calgary26004 Posts
September 27 2011 16:25 GMT
#11
On September 27 2011 22:41 Demonace34 wrote:
Yeah on 2nd glance, I just didn't like dealing with reddit to talk to other people or try to organize a venue for Barcraft and thought that if there was some type of special subforum it would magically make it easier. (that sounded mean and sarcastic but wasn't meant to be)

TL community will have to do for now, and barcraft on reddit will probably be a better place to establish or talk to people about finding a bar that will allow it. Thanks for the responses though.

What would it take to outgrow TL community? One in every state? Multiple per state in every state?

What are you finding inadequate with TL Community? I'm just trying to understand where you're coming from. If barcraft dominates TL Community, that means barcraft is dominating what people do IRL. Why would we ever break it out of TL Community? What would be the purpose? Why would you feel bad if it doesn't get its own section?

I'm just trying to see what benefit barcraft gets by being in its own section.
Moderator
Demonace34
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
United States2493 Posts
September 28 2011 01:39 GMT
#12
On September 28 2011 01:25 Chill wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 27 2011 22:41 Demonace34 wrote:
Yeah on 2nd glance, I just didn't like dealing with reddit to talk to other people or try to organize a venue for Barcraft and thought that if there was some type of special subforum it would magically make it easier. (that sounded mean and sarcastic but wasn't meant to be)

TL community will have to do for now, and barcraft on reddit will probably be a better place to establish or talk to people about finding a bar that will allow it. Thanks for the responses though.

What would it take to outgrow TL community? One in every state? Multiple per state in every state?

What are you finding inadequate with TL Community? I'm just trying to understand where you're coming from. If barcraft dominates TL Community, that means barcraft is dominating what people do IRL. Why would we ever break it out of TL Community? What would be the purpose? Why would you feel bad if it doesn't get its own section?

I'm just trying to see what benefit barcraft gets by being in its own section.


I think it was more about me being OCD and not wanting to clutter the community with looking for people interested in a barcraft in X city or region. If it under TL community but was like TL community> Barcraft> State>City it would be easier on the people who are trying to gauge interest. If you try to gauge interest in a certain city it usually gets lost in TL community quickly (maybe the thread getting lost is due to lack of interest? Idk).

When I wrote this topic up, barcraft on reddit was just going slow, about 10 people actually replied to the St. Louis topic and I know there is more interest than that in the area. TL has a much bigger following than barcraft on reddit does. This along with TL being my preferred method of communicating with other SC II lovers was another reason I thought it would be nice to have a sub forum still under TL community.

Since then though, reddit actually has pulled through for me. St. Louis does have a venue now in St. Charles, where 40-45 people came to watch opening day of NASL S2. It was just a bit off that only 10 people reply to the thread (on reddit) and suggest they might come to having 45 people actually show up. Just think of all the people on TL who would of shown up if they knew about it.

I might just have an addiction to wanting sub-forums. For example, under general we should have a breaking news sub-forum to keep all those depressing everyday killings in. There isn't any discussion value when the whole thread is saying "RIP I can't fucking believe that guy did X to that other person." That might be another topic of discussion though.
NaNiwa|IdrA|HuK|iNcontroL|Jinro|NonY|Day[9]|PuMa|HerO|MMA|NesTea|NaDa|Boxer|Ryung|
AmericanUmlaut
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Germany2597 Posts
September 28 2011 14:47 GMT
#13
On September 28 2011 10:39 Demonace34 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 28 2011 01:25 Chill wrote:
On September 27 2011 22:41 Demonace34 wrote:
Yeah on 2nd glance, I just didn't like dealing with reddit to talk to other people or try to organize a venue for Barcraft and thought that if there was some type of special subforum it would magically make it easier. (that sounded mean and sarcastic but wasn't meant to be)

TL community will have to do for now, and barcraft on reddit will probably be a better place to establish or talk to people about finding a bar that will allow it. Thanks for the responses though.

What would it take to outgrow TL community? One in every state? Multiple per state in every state?

What are you finding inadequate with TL Community? I'm just trying to understand where you're coming from. If barcraft dominates TL Community, that means barcraft is dominating what people do IRL. Why would we ever break it out of TL Community? What would be the purpose? Why would you feel bad if it doesn't get its own section?

I'm just trying to see what benefit barcraft gets by being in its own section.


I think it was more about me being OCD and not wanting to clutter the community with looking for people interested in a barcraft in X city or region. If it under TL community but was like TL community> Barcraft> State>City it would be easier on the people who are trying to gauge interest. If you try to gauge interest in a certain city it usually gets lost in TL community quickly (maybe the thread getting lost is due to lack of interest? Idk).

When I wrote this topic up, barcraft on reddit was just going slow, about 10 people actually replied to the St. Louis topic and I know there is more interest than that in the area. TL has a much bigger following than barcraft on reddit does. This along with TL being my preferred method of communicating with other SC II lovers was another reason I thought it would be nice to have a sub forum still under TL community.

Since then though, reddit actually has pulled through for me. St. Louis does have a venue now in St. Charles, where 40-45 people came to watch opening day of NASL S2. It was just a bit off that only 10 people reply to the thread (on reddit) and suggest they might come to having 45 people actually show up. Just think of all the people on TL who would of shown up if they knew about it.

I might just have an addiction to wanting sub-forums. For example, under general we should have a breaking news sub-forum to keep all those depressing everyday killings in. There isn't any discussion value when the whole thread is saying "RIP I can't fucking believe that guy did X to that other person." That might be another topic of discussion though.

My urge to have a subforum is a combination of an OCD "let's organize everything!" urge, and a sense that other TL Community threads seem to get lost in the churn with so many barcraft conversations going on. The Tournament subforum, for example, has tons of churn with tournaments coming up and ending, but since current tournaments are the only topic discussed in that subforum, I know that if I look at that subforum the top X threads will all be about ongoing or recently announced/ended tournaments. Community, on the other hand, has lots of slow-moving perennial threads like the ABL, the Hacker Database, Ask TL Staff Anything, that aren't thematically related to Barcraft and are starting to get lost in the shuffle a lot with all of the different Barcraft threads that get bumped each day.
The frumious Bandersnatch
Eufouria
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United Kingdom4425 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-10-16 09:51:31
October 16 2011 09:50 GMT
#14
I was about to make this thread, but I'll just bump this instead. It seems like in the last 2 weeks, since Chill, Zatic and Heyoka posted, that the barcraft scene is starting to explode. Now there are European barcrafts being set up in fairly small cities, for example how many TLers do you think there are posting from near to Cork, Ireland?

To answer Chill's question. I think there 2 reasons why we need a dedicated Barcraft sub-forum, within TL community. One, TL community was a well fuctioning forum before the Barcraft scene really got going and with the volume of Barcraft posts we have the non-Barcraft posts are being drowned out. Two, it would help the smaller barcrafts get going, they are being drowned out by bigger barcraft threads and bigger non-Barcraft threads when really they need to be seen by as many relevant people as possible.

I understand that Barcraft threads are exactly the sort of thing that belongs in TL Community, but I think the difference between them and other threads is how only a few of the, at this time, 146 posts will be relevant to a person.
knL
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
Germany400 Posts
October 16 2011 21:42 GMT
#15
All i can say there is no place which unites all german barcrafts. It would be pretty nice if there would be one.
Chill
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
Calgary26004 Posts
October 17 2011 08:14 GMT
#16
On October 16 2011 18:50 Eufouria wrote:
To answer Chill's question. I think there 2 reasons why we need a dedicated Barcraft sub-forum, within TL community. One, TL community was a well fuctioning forum before the Barcraft scene really got going and with the volume of Barcraft posts we have the non-Barcraft posts are being drowned out. Two, it would help the smaller barcrafts get going, they are being drowned out by bigger barcraft threads and bigger non-Barcraft threads when really they need to be seen by as many relevant people as possible.

That's true of every section though. Smaller tournaments are drowned out in the Tournaments section by larger ones - We don't break them out into "Big Tournaments" and "Small Tournaments". Small tournaments just have to deal with it.

I still don't see the point of making a new section.
Moderator
Plexa
Profile Blog Joined October 2005
Aotearoa39261 Posts
October 17 2011 14:48 GMT
#17
I agree with what Chill has said so far.
Administrator~ Spirit will set you free ~
Primadog
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States4411 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-01-25 15:54:42
January 25 2012 13:33 GMT
#18
I want to bump up this request again in light of the new BarCraft feature on TeamLiquid. Because the new BarCraft feature associates TL community threads, the number of BarCraft threads populating TL Community will increase even further. I am concerned that non-barcraft activities will get increasingly buried as a result.

While I love BarCraft and endlessly evangelize it, I don't want it the reputation for StarCraft fans to become drunks. A sub-forum for BarCraft will ensure the survival and attention to non-alcoholic gatherings and CSL events that once populate TL Community Forum.
Thank God and gunrun.
R1CH
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
Netherlands10342 Posts
January 25 2012 13:36 GMT
#19
This is something we considered and we're watching the forum to see if a sub-forum becomes necessary.
AdministratorTwitter: @R1CH_TL
TL+ Member
Torte de Lini
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Germany38463 Posts
January 25 2012 18:50 GMT
#20
I like this alternative as well though!
https://twitter.com/#!/TorteDeLini (@TorteDeLini)
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 4h 52m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech130
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 5380
Rain 1840
GuemChi 610
FanTaSy 340
sSak 53
Bale 40
ajuk12(nOOB) 27
Icarus 10
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm205
Fuzer 28
League of Legends
JimRising 643
Counter-Strike
Coldzera 1174
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King347
Other Games
summit1g7712
WinterStarcraft555
C9.Mang0171
ViBE66
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1030
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream55
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Letter147
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki17
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2131
League of Legends
• Lourlo1363
• Rush895
• Stunt418
Other Games
• Shiphtur732
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
4h 52m
INu's Battles
5h 52m
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
7h 52m
OSC
17h 7m
Replay Cast
17h 52m
OSC
1d 17h
Big Brain Bouts
2 days
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
[ Show More ]
Patches Events
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.