• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 17:29
CEST 23:29
KST 06:29
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup3StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)61Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development
Tourneys
Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
JaeDong's ASL S22 Ro. 8 Review Bot on ladder Data analysis on 8 million games BW General Discussion Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9425 users

Previewing PM's?

Forum Index > Website Feedback
Post a Reply
1 2 Next All
Zona
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
40426 Posts
March 16 2010 04:26 GMT
#1
It would be a nice to be able to preview PM's before one sends them.

Right now I actually post my PM text into a random thread reply box to preview and hope I don't accidentally press post by accident...
"If you try responding to those absurd posts every day, you become more damaged. So I pay no attention to them at all." Jung Myung Hoon (aka Fantasy), as translated by Kimoleon
micronesia
Profile Blog Joined July 2006
United States24801 Posts
March 16 2010 04:46 GMT
#2
You can do the same thing by editing an old post of yours, I believe.

It's the same problem with the blogs section right now :p
ModeratorThere are animal crackers for people and there are people crackers for animals.
Grobyc
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
Canada18410 Posts
March 16 2010 06:02 GMT
#3
lol I do the exact same thing currently. I think I've posted a whole PX entry in a random thread because of that, and had to ninja edit it out right away. Editing an old post is a good idea too.
If you watch Godzilla backwards it's about a benevolent lizard who helps rebuild a city and then moonwalks into the ocean.
Qatol
Profile Blog Joined November 2006
United States3165 Posts
March 06 2011 08:28 GMT
#4
Sorry to bump an old thread like this, but it didn't seem to get much attention the first time and it is still a feature I would love to see implemented.

Pretty frequently I find that I have a long post using various TL tags (spoilers, quotes, colors, etc.) which I would like to have proofread by someone else before I post it, usually in connection to something on the mafia forum. Alternatively, I do a lot of proofreading for Ver and he uses a lot of the same tags in his analysis. We like to PM these posts around before actually posting them anywhere.

However, it is really easy to do something like miss a spoiler tag which totally messes up the formatting of the entire post. When you miss a tag in the wrong spot, sometimes it becomes hard to read the post at all or even figure out where the problem is, especially if you are just proofreading it for someone else. So I often find that I will copy my PM into a random thread and use the preview function there before sending it. But this seems like a pretty roundabout way of doing things.

I was wondering if TL could implement a feature where I could preview my PMs before I send them similar to the preview function we have for posts.
Uff Da
bkrow
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Australia8532 Posts
March 07 2011 01:04 GMT
#5
This would be awesome - especially for those that use BBcode in their PMs..

R1CH can you work your magic
In The Rear With The Gear .. *giggle* /////////// cobra-LA-LA-LA-LA-LA!!!!
flamewheel
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
FREEAGLELAND26782 Posts
March 10 2011 02:40 GMT
#6
Oh I've always just previewed PMs as posts...
But this would make things one step simpler.
Writerdamn, i was two days from retirement
Probulous
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
Australia3894 Posts
April 14 2011 02:43 GMT
#7
Shameless bump.

This would be an amazing feature to add. I am trying to give advice to someone which requires me to quote and spoiler large sections of their posts. As above I normally practice in the thread but the number of times I have gotten close to posting a half done reply...

Please let me know whether this is being looked into.

"Dude has some really interesting midgame switches that I wouldn't have expected. "I violated your house" into "HIHO THE DAIRY OH!" really threw me. You don't usually expect children's poetry harass as a follow up " - AmericanUmlaut
thedeadhaji *
Profile Blog Joined January 2006
39489 Posts
April 14 2011 04:31 GMT
#8
ah yes this would be nice
ShoCkeyy
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
7815 Posts
April 14 2011 05:07 GMT
#9
Hehe, if you check my earlier post, they're all PX Entries D:
Life?
tofucake
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
Hyrule19259 Posts
April 14 2011 14:57 GMT
#10
I was thinking about this the other day and got distracted....but yeah I'd like to see this too.
Liquipediaasante sana squash banana
bkrow
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Australia8532 Posts
April 15 2011 05:54 GMT
#11
Nothing shameless about your bump; this would be nice but i imagine some important things are going on TSL etc
In The Rear With The Gear .. *giggle* /////////// cobra-LA-LA-LA-LA-LA!!!!
Probulous
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
Australia3894 Posts
April 27 2011 06:58 GMT
#12
Just keeping this suggestion alive.

Breathe little thread, breathe.
"Dude has some really interesting midgame switches that I wouldn't have expected. "I violated your house" into "HIHO THE DAIRY OH!" really threw me. You don't usually expect children's poetry harass as a follow up " - AmericanUmlaut
Probulous
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
Australia3894 Posts
May 13 2011 04:34 GMT
#13
On April 27 2011 15:58 Probulous wrote:
Just keeping this suggestion alive.

Breathe little thread, breathe.


Ok you died little thread, but behold I can resurrect you!

Seriously, any movement on this?
"Dude has some really interesting midgame switches that I wouldn't have expected. "I violated your house" into "HIHO THE DAIRY OH!" really threw me. You don't usually expect children's poetry harass as a follow up " - AmericanUmlaut
Probulous
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
Australia3894 Posts
June 07 2011 05:56 GMT
#14
Persistance works. I cite the following thread as proof

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=131500

It is therefore in this spirit that I humbly request a review of the above thread. I know it not a good idea to bump old threads, particularly ones that I have bumped regularly but this feature would really help me. There is nothing worse than having to edit out a PM from a thread where you accidently presssed Post instead of Preview.

Except a rectal examination...
"Dude has some really interesting midgame switches that I wouldn't have expected. "I violated your house" into "HIHO THE DAIRY OH!" really threw me. You don't usually expect children's poetry harass as a follow up " - AmericanUmlaut
bkrow
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Australia8532 Posts
June 07 2011 08:33 GMT
#15
With every bump comes my support of said bump

I like this idea more and more every day.
In The Rear With The Gear .. *giggle* /////////// cobra-LA-LA-LA-LA-LA!!!!
Wolf
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Korea (South)3290 Posts
June 08 2011 07:08 GMT
#16
I'm brave. When I send PMs, I just hope all the code is right. If it isn't, then I know they'll understand.
Commentatorhttp://twitter.com/proxywolf
TL+ Member
bkrow
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Australia8532 Posts
June 09 2011 07:37 GMT
#17
To brave for me Can't handle that pressure :p
In The Rear With The Gear .. *giggle* /////////// cobra-LA-LA-LA-LA-LA!!!!
Probulous
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
Australia3894 Posts
June 15 2011 01:04 GMT
#18
Bump
To bump a thread on an internet forum is to post a reply to it purely in order to raise the thread's profile. This will typically return it to the top of the list of active threads. The term "to push-up" a thread is also used to describe this type of action. It has been suggested that "bump" is an acronym of "bring up my post", however this is almost certainly a backronym and the usage is entirely consistent with the verb "bump" which means "to knock to a new position.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bump_(Internet)


The more you know...

Me is to as R1CH is to
"Dude has some really interesting midgame switches that I wouldn't have expected. "I violated your house" into "HIHO THE DAIRY OH!" really threw me. You don't usually expect children's poetry harass as a follow up " - AmericanUmlaut
Probulous
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
Australia3894 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-06-27 10:56:13
June 27 2011 10:55 GMT
#19
Hi Mr Wizard

I was really hoping you could add a preview function for when I send PMs. I normally write my posts in threads so I check the formatting but there have been times where I accidently posted to the thread.

I know you are busy but I would really appreciate this feature.

Cheers


PS I didn't want to a bump an old thread hence the message

Edit: Dammit
"Dude has some really interesting midgame switches that I wouldn't have expected. "I violated your house" into "HIHO THE DAIRY OH!" really threw me. You don't usually expect children's poetry harass as a follow up " - AmericanUmlaut
bkrow
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Australia8532 Posts
June 28 2011 04:53 GMT
#20
Either a cleverly executed post; or something really hilarious
In The Rear With The Gear .. *giggle* /////////// cobra-LA-LA-LA-LA-LA!!!!
1 2 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 31m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech149
JuggernautJason83
StarCraft: Brood War
White-Ra 207
Dewaltoss 96
Hyuk 68
Bale 14
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm0
League of Legends
Doublelift2653
Counter-Strike
Fnx 789
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King64
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby5811
Khaldor949
Liquid`Hasu729
Other Games
summit1g7678
FrodaN2467
shahzam433
KnowMe335
C9.Mang0204
UpATreeSC115
ArmadaUGS107
Trikslyr48
ZombieGrub45
PPMD43
CosmosSc2 23
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV276
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream70
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH350
• davetesta2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix10
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• masondota21244
Other Games
• imaqtpie920
• Shiphtur196
Upcoming Events
OSC
31m
CranKy Ducklings
12h 31m
Online Event
13h 31m
FEL
18h 31m
AI Arena Tournament
19h 31m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
21h 31m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 12h
INu's Battles
1d 14h
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 21h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 21h
[ Show More ]
Replay Cast
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
Monday Night Weeklies
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
3 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.