• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 09:15
CEST 15:15
KST 22:15
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror6[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War625.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups $3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
ChatGPT cheats at StarSkirmish SCAI tournament BW General Discussion Rollback Netcode in Brood War TL Sidebar missing streams [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8482 users

How crazy a GF would you to put up with?

Forum Index > General Forum
Post a Reply
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All
DamageControL
Profile Blog Joined July 2007
United States4222 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-07-08 04:16:20
July 08 2009 04:11 GMT
#1
So I was listening to the radio and on one of the stations I listen to, they do these prank calls where they pose different scenarios and make sure something amusing happens. Today, one of the people posed as a girl who was crazy but very, very hot. (They gave him a fake myspace).

This made me wonder: How much craziness in a girl would you be willing to put up with if they were, let's say, your ideal woman but obviously only physically.

[image loading]

Poll: How much crazy?
(Vote): None
(Vote): A litte, you know enough to make it interesting
(Vote): Some, your friends think she's a little deranged
(Vote): Substantial, everyone thinks she's a bit crazy including you
(Vote): A lot, you don't know how to handle her exactly.
(Vote): Absolutely batshit insane

It also occurred to me that some types of insanity would be easier to put up with then others. For example you might be able to put up with obsessive better than just ridiculously controlling or bitchy. Or maybe you have no trouble evading "strict" girlfriends but really can't stand people who are just out there in terms of OCD. So what kind of madness would be easiest to put with?

[image loading]

Poll: Easiest kind of crazy?
(Vote): Obsessive
(Vote): Bitchy/Controlling
(Vote): Wildly up and down moody
(Vote): Incredibly OCD, or other kinds of strange
(Vote): Other

Finally, I ask you, what kind of personality trait could you absolutely not put up with? Maybe stupidity, or shallowness. Maybe you can't handle on of the ones mentioned above, or have something entirely new. Whatever. I'm just wondering what YOU would be willing to put up with, and then what entirely drives you away.

edit: This isn't about my own, or any of my friends girlfriends, it's purely hyopthetical. I get along well with my own or I wouldn't date them.
Liquid | SKT
DamageControL
Profile Blog Joined July 2007
United States4222 Posts
July 08 2009 04:14 GMT
#2
For me, I could put up with a wildly moody girl the easiest, mostly because you could ignore them sometimes, and maybe others they would be ok.

And if they were that hot, I could probably put up with substantial crazy. I'm a quirky guy myself, so a little bit odd wouldn't bother me unduly.
Liquid | SKT
lilsusie
Profile Blog Joined August 2007
3861 Posts
July 08 2009 04:14 GMT
#3
I think I'm Obsessive, Bitchy, Controlling, Moody AND OCD. Hmmm....
Follow me on Twitter for pictures of cute gamers and food! https://twitter.com/lilsusie
AzureEye
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
United States1360 Posts
July 08 2009 04:14 GMT
#4
Personality in a GF is incredibly important. Seriously I cannot stress this point enough. If she has a bad personality or one that doesn't match with you, you'll spend hours and hours arguing on the phone and having fights and confused about what kind of relationship you should pursue
Terrans who whine: http://www.teamliquid.net/blogs/viewblog.php?topic_id=107788
v1rtu0so
Profile Joined September 2008
United States140 Posts
July 08 2009 04:14 GMT
#5
PIcs?
I feel the air from alien planet...
DamageControL
Profile Blog Joined July 2007
United States4222 Posts
July 08 2009 04:15 GMT
#6
Oh shit, this isn't about my own girlfriend, it's hypothetical.
Liquid | SKT
v1rtu0so
Profile Joined September 2008
United States140 Posts
July 08 2009 04:16 GMT
#7
I was joking man.
I feel the air from alien planet...
DamageControL
Profile Blog Joined July 2007
United States4222 Posts
July 08 2009 04:18 GMT
#8
On July 08 2009 13:14 AzureEye wrote:
Personality in a GF is incredibly important. Seriously I cannot stress this point enough. If she has a bad personality or one that doesn't match with you, you'll spend hours and hours arguing on the phone and having fights and confused about what kind of relationship you should pursue

Yeah I guess I agree with this. I haven't ever dated for looks so I really have never been in a traditionally bad relationship (at worst it felt like we were just friends. no big fights) so I have no idea the true impact of personality. I have never sacrificed it.
Liquid | SKT
ActualSteve
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States627 Posts
July 08 2009 04:18 GMT
#9
On July 08 2009 13:14 AzureEye wrote:
Personality in a GF is incredibly important. Seriously I cannot stress this point enough. If she has a bad personality or one that doesn't match with you, you'll spend hours and hours arguing on the phone and having fights and confused about what kind of relationship you should pursue


Give this man a medal.
You are now breathing manually.
A3iL3r0n
Profile Blog Joined October 2002
United States2196 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-07-08 04:22:25
July 08 2009 04:20 GMT
#10
I had to answer "other" on the second part of the poll only because the first three have the ability to make an otherwise sane man understand the underlying motivations for domestic abuse ;D

I am for a little bit of craziness though, keeps things interesting. In other words, you probably are going to have to work a bit to have sex because you never know when she's going to be upset with you on a given day.

It's funny though, this poll. There was a book (written by Dr. Drew of Love Line fame I believe) which broke down the factors for attractiveness in a mate. I can't remember what they are specifically besides the obvious ones; but the one that stuck out to me was only for females, and it was "manageability". In other how words, how easy was it for the man to manage her. Women probably don't like to hear that, but if you've ever been in a longer term relationship, it is very important.
My psychiatrist says I have deep-seated Ragneuroses :(
Smix *
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
United States4549 Posts
July 08 2009 04:20 GMT
#11
On July 08 2009 13:14 lilsusie wrote:
I think I'm Obsessive, Bitchy, Controlling, Moody AND OCD. Hmmm....


Hahhahaahaha
I think everyone is one of these at different points in their lives...
TranslatorBe an Optimist Prime, Not a Negatron // twitter @smixity
A3iL3r0n
Profile Blog Joined October 2002
United States2196 Posts
July 08 2009 04:21 GMT
#12
On July 08 2009 13:20 Smix wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 08 2009 13:14 lilsusie wrote:
I think I'm Obsessive, Bitchy, Controlling, Moody AND OCD. Hmmm....


Hahhahaahaha
I think everyone is one of these at different points in their lives...

It depends if there are enough points to connect to make a line graph, or if they are isolated.
My psychiatrist says I have deep-seated Ragneuroses :(
DamageControL
Profile Blog Joined July 2007
United States4222 Posts
July 08 2009 04:22 GMT
#13
On July 08 2009 13:20 Smix wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 08 2009 13:14 lilsusie wrote:
I think I'm Obsessive, Bitchy, Controlling, Moody AND OCD. Hmmm....


Hahhahaahaha
I think everyone is one of these at different points in their lives...

Moody is the entire teenage population...which I'm still part of. Maybe that's why I voted up and down moody, we ALL are.
Liquid | SKT
DamageControL
Profile Blog Joined July 2007
United States4222 Posts
July 08 2009 04:23 GMT
#14
On July 08 2009 13:20 A3iL3r0n wrote:
I had to answer "other" on the second part of the poll only because the first three have the ability to make an otherwise sane man understand the underlying motivations for domestic abuse ;D

I am for a little bit of craziness though, keeps things interesting. In other words, you probably are going to have to work a bit to have sex because you never know when she's going to be upset with you on a given day.

It's funny though, this poll. There was a book (written by Dr. Drew of Love Line fame I believe) which broke down the factors for attractiveness in a mate. I can't remember what they are specifically besides the obvious ones; but the one that stuck out to me was only for females, and it was "manageability". In other how words, how easy was it for the man to manage her. Women probably don't like to hear that, but if you've ever been in a longer term relationship, it is very important.

If they are too easy to manage does it become unattractive? Because eventually it's docile, and I to many people I know that ends up as, well, boring.
Liquid | SKT
Archaic
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
United States4024 Posts
July 08 2009 04:25 GMT
#15
OCD and moody probably. But it isn't only based off of personality traits. It really depends on a lot of what Moltke said in terms of how much you're willing to "put up" with.
DamageControL
Profile Blog Joined July 2007
United States4222 Posts
July 08 2009 04:31 GMT
#16
Who is moltke?
Liquid | SKT
CommanderFluffy
Profile Joined June 2008
Taiwan1059 Posts
July 08 2009 04:34 GMT
#17
Crazy in head, crazy in bed.
Pain is temporary, but glory is forever.
itzme_petey
Profile Blog Joined February 2004
United States1400 Posts
July 08 2009 04:36 GMT
#18
[image loading]
"Last night, I played a game.. as I recall it was a strategy game.. Peeked around and what did I see, a girl playing starcraft better than me.. and I jizzed in my pants.."
citi.zen
Profile Joined April 2009
2509 Posts
July 08 2009 04:36 GMT
#19
Answered "none" to first and skipped second poll.

The reason is this: if you try to go the "girlfriend" (or worse, "wife") route with such a specimen, it won't end well, whatever you do. Both men and women like to think they did well in love. If you try to put up with a bitchy woman she will lose respect for you since you are telling her "you are so far beyond my dating market value I will do anything for you". NOBODY wants that - nobody wants to feel they are selling themselves short & dating a loser. If she's hot she will walk away and/or cheat.

Of course, women will generally not admit to (or be aware of) this sort of thing and many will claim they want a guy who will make them the "center of his life". Don't fall for that. Women like real men who know what they want and have their own lives, not those who are "waiting to feel complete" through a woman or relationship.

So... be discerning. Date the hottest girls you can, enjoy them once or twice but be sure to stop there. Make sure the one you make into long term girlfriend and later wife is really special, respects you and does not act "crazy" around you or your friends and family.
Aut viam inveniam, aut faciam.
RyanS
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
United States620 Posts
July 08 2009 04:38 GMT
#20
Well I would put up with batshit insane, but nothing too long term that is for sure.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 1h 46m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 554
Railgan 60
MindelVK 27
Codebar 1
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 68105
Calm 10777
Bisu 2428
FanTaSy 857
Stork 731
Rush 560
soO 486
firebathero 213
Snow 179
Last 176
[ Show more ]
Mind 100
Light 98
hero 95
Pusan 78
Sharp 65
Sea.KH 56
Free 44
ToSsGirL 41
Trap 39
Hm[arnc] 34
Mong 33
Bale 33
Sexy 24
Aegong 21
zelot 16
HiyA 15
yabsab 15
Sacsri 12
Noble 12
Shine 10
IntoTheRainbow 9
Rock 6
scan(afreeca) 6
Terrorterran 6
Icarus 4
Dota 2
Gorgc6951
Dendi889
Counter-Strike
fl0m3652
byalli787
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King99
Other Games
gofns38757
singsing2344
B2W.Neo568
Liquid`RaSZi418
Beastyqt269
Pyrionflax248
Happy197
Hui .116
Trikslyr48
Chillindude15
Mlord2
Khaldor0
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV225
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• 3DClanTV 103
• Response 8
• Dystopia_ 5
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV500
League of Legends
• Jankos3031
• Nemesis2955
Counter-Strike
• C_a_k_e 1381
Upcoming Events
Patches Events
1h 46m
BSL Open Qualifier
5h 46m
BSL Open Qualifier
5h 46m
OSC
9h 46m
Replay Cast
9h 46m
OSC
22h 46m
WardiTV Weekly
1d 21h
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
[ Show More ]
Online Event
4 days
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.