• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 03:28
CEST 09:28
KST 16:28
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)54Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double
Tourneys
Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? Bot on ladder BW General Discussion ASL22 General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7808 users

[Spoilers] Interviews of Winners of Stars vs Khan!

Forum Index > BW General
Post a Reply
1 2 Next All
konadora *
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
Singapore66365 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-04-12 00:07:02
April 11 2009 09:07 GMT
#1
+ Show Spoiler [SPOILERS!] +

Putting Winner's League behind them! Fresh new start for Samsung Khan!
[Fomos = Reporter Kim Kyung Hyun] Defeats all of Woongjin Stars' aces and wins with a perfect 3:0 victory!


[image loading]


Samsung KHAN, who surprisingly performed worse than anticipated in the Winner's League, showed that their true strength lies in the Proleague style by starting off with a perfect 3:0 win over the Stars.

Samsung stood triumph over Woongjin Stars, which took place today at 1300KST at the LOOX MBCHero center, for the Shinhan Bank Proleague 08-09 Season Round 4 Week 1. Samsung Khan, who gained reputation for being the strongest team in the Proleague system, proved that they are still the strongest when it comes to Proleague by making a clean, perfect victory over the Stars.

Woongjin Stars had sent out all its ace members for today's matches. However, Samsung Khan's variety of players helped earn them a meaningful victory.

The player who ended up triumph and dominant for the first game, which took place on Battle Royal was (Z)Juni. Juni played a fierce elimination battle with (Z)GGPlay, and ended up winning with superior mutalisks micro and wise resource management. This is now Juni's 4th win this season.

On the second game, which took place on the map Heartbreak Ridge, Samsung's 'Commander' (P)Stork made a comeback through sheer willpower. (Z)ZerO aggressively pressured Stork using Lair-tech units, but Stork eventually won by defending his expansion. This is now Stork's 19th win this season.

The last player who set the game to a 3:0 victory was Samsung's (Z)great, played on Neo Medusa. Great played a proxy hatchery in the center of the map, and by massing Sunken Colonies, contained (P)free, and with strong defense and economy, managed to repel all attacks and take down Stars' strongest player. This is now Great's 16th win.

Samsung Khan is now in 2nd place, with a record of 21 wins and 13 losses and +12 points, creating a good start for this round. On the other hand, Woongjin Stars, who suffered the defeat, is now at 18 wins 16 losses with a score of -1, currently in 7th place.

+ Show Spoiler [Interview with Juni] +

"I think I can get up to two-digit figure wins."
"I think I can perform better now in the MST and Proleague."

[image loading]


Juni started off Round 4 happily by winning this round's first game.

He has managed to defeat GGPlay on Battle Royal, held today for Shinhan Bank Proleague 08-09 Season Round 4 Week 1 Day 1, the match against Woongjin Stars in the first set.

The following is the interview with Juni.

- You started off Round 4 with a victory.
▲ I recently passed the preliminaries, and now I'm very glad to have won today's game. I hope I can continue this and hopefully, perform better in the Survivor Tournament and in Proleague.

- Did you practice very hard before the start of the round?
▲ Everyone practiced a lot. Not just that, but everyone's mindset changed as well. We used to think that 'we must win whenever we have the chance'. But now, we want to start off with a pleasant and relaxed mind. I believe that is why we had such good results today.

- You won on Battle Royal. Your thoughts on the map?
▲ I feel a lot that it'll be the next Raid Assault 2. On Battle Royal, other races are pretty okay on it, but for Zerg mirror matches, it is all about skill. And I am confident about that.

- Many players feel fresh and said that they seem as though they are starting anew. Do you feel the same?
▲ It's a very new feeling. Now, I want to do everything without regrets. My grandfather recently went to have his fortune told, and it was told that our family will be doing well this year. Hence, I get the same feeling too.

- Any last words?
▲ I am thankful towards everyone who helped me practice. My elder brother got discharged from military service, and I want to congratulate him on that. And on the 18th, my elder sister is getting married. I also want to congratulate her, and to wish her all the best with her marriage and upcoming years. Also, my grandmother, uncle and aunt came to watch me play today. I feel that I have won because of their prayers. My younger brother said that he wanted to be interviewed too (laugh). He is currently studying in the An Yang Arts High School, and I hope he will do his best to reach his goal.


+ Show Spoiler [Interview with Stork] +

"I did my best to cover up for what I lacked."
"I learned a lot from the Winner's League"

[image loading]


As expected of Samsung Khan's 'Commander' Stork. Although he showed signs of slumping during the Winner's League, he quickly shaked it off before the start of Round 4, and returned to his former strong state.

He has managed to defeat Zero on Heartbreak Ridge, held today for Shinhan Bank Proleague 08-09 Season Round 4 Week 1 Day 1, the match against Woongjin Stars in the second set, securing his 19th win. He did not give up despite Zero's relentless attacks on his expansion, and by defending it, he finally pulled through and won the game.

Following up is the interview with Stork.

- Your feelings on winning your first match for Round 4.
▲ Although it's Round 4, it feels like the start of a new season. Because I did not perform well in Winner's League, I practiced very hard according to our team's training system. I felt that my matches versus Zergs were declining, so I'm very happy to have won a Zerg. There is another match next Tuesday, and I hope to win that too and end the week happily.

- How did you train before the start of Round 4?
▲ During tournament periods, I tried not to attempts builds and plays that I was not too confident with. I did not even attempt to practice at all. But during the break, I practiced such builds a lot, and exchanged ideas and info with many other players.

- You played against a Zerg on Heartbreak Ridge...
▲ I find it relatively okay against Terrans on the new maps. However, it has become harder to play against a Zerg on the new maps. Because I have yet to adjust completely to the new maps, it is difficult. But still, Heartbreak Ridge is somewhat playable. But when I actually played a match, it was tougher than I thought.

- You came back from a very difficult situation.
▲ There is so much room for Zerg to harass that it is difficult for us (Protoss players). My idea was to take hold of the center expo, but that got taken over. There was this instance during practice when the same thing happened, and I lost. But I managed to deal some damage early in the game, and my consistent Psionic Storm harassments are what I think contributed to my victory.

- I think you will be more keen on getting into the Grand Finals after an unpleasant Winner's League.
▲ We managed to get into the playoffs for Round 1 and 2, but we played miserably in Winner's League. That is why we want to get into the Grand Finals even more. It has become a motivation for us to try even harder.

- Your stand on Round 4 and 5.
▲ I did not specify any targets. Winning is good, but my main priority is to put in my best effort. I believe that results will then naturally show.


+ Show Spoiler [Interview with Great] +

"I was very confident in my strategy."
"My goal is to get 20 wins."

[image loading]


Samsung Khan's Zerg line up's 'Defiant Boy' Great defeated Woongjin Star's ace member and sealed a perfect 3:0 victory.

He has managed to defeat Free on Neo Medusa, held today for Shinhan Bank Proleague 08-09 Season Round 4 Week 1 Day 1, the match against Woongjin Stars in the third set, securing his 16th win. Through a proxy hatchery-sunken colony containment and a strong defense that repelled Free's harassment, Great won by playing with the concept of 'Repel All Attacks', eventually securing the win that led to Samsung Khan's perfect 3:0 victory.

The following is the interview with Great.

- You pushed Free into a corner with your proxy hatchery strategy.
▲ After the change in Medusa, my teammates said that proxy strategy looked like it would work well. That is why I kept on practicing this build, and I only lost twice through that strategy. I was very confident so I did not worry about my strategy.

- You seemed very confident about your strategy.
▲ Free's response was superb. He responded by getting the Shuttle speed upgrade, which shook me up slightly, but once a Hatchery is up in the center, the game is in Zerg's favor. You need to build that many sunken colonies. Because Protoss tend to get the mineral-only expo quickly, I tried my best to contain as fast and as tight as possible.

- Was there any dangerous moments?
▲ As I practiced with my teammates, they ended up using hallucination and recall, so I was prepared. There were no such moments.

- There is talk that you are only strong against Zergs.
▲ I practiced against other races a lot more during the break, and had many thoughts as well. I am confident in all match ups now, not just against Zergs.

- You succeeded in your 16th win this season. How many more games do you desire to win for Round 4 and 5?
▲ When the 08-09 season first started, my target was 20 wins. I am very close to that goal now. Even after I have achieved that target, I want to continue to win satisfying games. For now, my target is to win 20 games.

- Samsung Khan's Zerg line up is showing good performance right from the start of Round 4.
▲ We even shared our rooms to practice. We also experimented many builds and strategised a lot when the new maps were announced. I think that is why our performance today was good. (Z)oDin hyung (t/l note: Korean term used to indicate closeness with a male slightly older than you; a brotherly figure) has always performed well against Zergs, so I'm confident he'll do well when he plays next Tuesday.

- Any last words?
▲ I am grateful for everyone who helped me to practice. Recently, my grandfather underwent a surgery. He is still not in a very good condition, so I hope for his quick recovery.


Source:
Interview with Juni
Interview with Stork
Interview with Great


I just spoilt myself by doing this interview, but heck, it's to make up for not being able to LR for this match. Will do the Hite vs Hwaseung interviews later, or Smix might decide to pick them up ^^;

Enjoy everyone, feedback and corrections always welcome!
POGGERS
MuShu
Profile Joined March 2005
United States3223 Posts
April 11 2009 09:14 GMT
#2
thanks!
Bosu
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
United States3247 Posts
April 11 2009 09:16 GMT
#3
I am glad to see Khan zergs playing more.
#1 Kwanro Fan
IntoTheWow
Profile Blog Joined May 2004
is awesome32282 Posts
April 11 2009 09:24 GMT
#4
Thanks!
Moderator<:3-/-<
Kuja900
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
United States3564 Posts
April 11 2009 09:33 GMT
#5
konadora i think i owe u my firstborn
OMG you nasty gurl
konadora *
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
Singapore66365 Posts
April 11 2009 09:42 GMT
#6
On April 11 2009 18:33 Kuja900 wrote:
konadora i think i owe u my firstborn

Rofl
POGGERS
motbob
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States12546 Posts
April 11 2009 10:20 GMT
#7
konadora going for the star
ModeratorGood content always wins.
FirstBorn
Profile Blog Joined March 2007
Romania3955 Posts
April 11 2009 10:25 GMT
#8
Whoah, quite a lot of work involved in this one. I'd tell you and Smix to get a life but I like the translations you guys make too much to say that.

Thanks a lot!
SonuvBob: Yes, the majority of TL is college-aged, and thus clearly stupid.
konadora *
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
Singapore66365 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-04-11 10:48:26
April 11 2009 10:45 GMT
#9
Thanks all, kinda tired so I'll PM Smix if she wants to do the other games' translations, or I'll do that later on or tomorrow.
POGGERS
Insane
Profile Blog Joined November 2003
United States4991 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-04-11 11:56:34
April 11 2009 11:56 GMT
#10
- You pushed Free into a corner with your proxy hatchery strategy.
▲ After the change in Medusa, my teammates said that proxy strategy looked like it would work well. That is why I kept on practicing this build, but it only worked twice. I was very confident so I did not worry about my strategy.


So he only won with this build twice during practice? Seems like the sort of thing where you wouldn't be confident about the game, wtf. I figured it'd be a case where they'd play dozens of games of it, and he'd win a bunch of them.

Thanks for translation :D
konadora *
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
Singapore66365 Posts
April 11 2009 12:04 GMT
#11
On April 11 2009 20:56 HnR)Insane wrote:
Show nested quote +
- You pushed Free into a corner with your proxy hatchery strategy.
▲ After the change in Medusa, my teammates said that proxy strategy looked like it would work well. That is why I kept on practicing this build, but it only worked twice. I was very confident so I did not worry about my strategy.


So he only won with this build twice during practice? Seems like the sort of thing where you wouldn't be confident about the game, wtf. I figured it'd be a case where they'd play dozens of games of it, and he'd win a bunch of them.

Thanks for translation :D

Lol I was also very confused about this part, thought I had mis-read somewhere. I would like to know where he gets that confidence from.
POGGERS
scwizard
Profile Joined March 2009
United States1195 Posts
April 11 2009 15:15 GMT
#12
So when does konadora get his quality poster star?
Smix *
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
United States4549 Posts
April 11 2009 15:34 GMT
#13
You are sooo beast!
Thanks for the translations ~ quality stuff here
I can't wait to see what other stuff you work on when I come back in a week or so hehe. You are seriously on fire lately :p
TranslatorBe an Optimist Prime, Not a Negatron // twitter @smixity
Hot_Bid
Profile Blog Joined October 2003
Braavos36402 Posts
April 11 2009 15:42 GMT
#14
thanks!
@Hot_Bid on Twitter - ESPORTS life since 2010 - http://i.imgur.com/U2psw.png
Avidkeystamper
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
United States8556 Posts
April 11 2009 16:49 GMT
#15
Wow, you are tireless in your efforts; thanks konadora.
Jaedong
ZBiR
Profile Blog Joined August 2003
Poland1092 Posts
April 11 2009 16:52 GMT
#16
Thanks for your effort
Magic84
Profile Joined October 2008
Russian Federation1381 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-04-11 19:09:10
April 11 2009 19:01 GMT
#17
On April 11 2009 19:45 konadora wrote:
Thanks all, kinda tired so I'll PM Smix if she wants to do the other games' translations, or I'll do that later on or tomorrow.

other match + Show Spoiler +
can't wait to read JD iview

this match + Show Spoiler +
Nice. Khan zergs seem confident. Great robbed me of fbh points though, bastard.
SuperArc
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
Austria7781 Posts
April 11 2009 19:32 GMT
#18
Man, you are awesome!
Snow - future of protoss! :) Nada = baller
onihunter
Profile Blog Joined September 2008
United States515 Posts
April 11 2009 19:34 GMT
#19
lol stork about maps again
jaedong forever~
spydernoob
Profile Blog Joined April 2008
Canada1066 Posts
April 11 2009 23:34 GMT
#20
im suprised free didnt try recall, i was thinking maybe due to the cost, but considering the amount of shuttles he got, it seems it would make more sense
wraiths go pew pew
1 2 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
OSC
00:00
OSC Elite Rising Star #21
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Hyuk 1145
910 759
ggaemo 673
actioN 544
Mong 225
Shuttle 102
Dewaltoss 89
Yoon 85
Leta 63
soO 43
[ Show more ]
yabsab 31
Hm[arnc] 26
Bale 23
Noble 14
Aegong 9
Dota 2
Fuzer 70
League of Legends
JimRising 553
Counter-Strike
shoxiejesuss0
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor836
Other Games
summit1g8693
ceh9476
olofmeister441
Happy260
PiGStarcraft243
Mew2King115
ArmadaUGS46
trigger10
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream121
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• LUISG 4
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2355
League of Legends
• Rush1248
• Stunt419
Upcoming Events
Stellar Fest
5h 32m
OSC
14h 32m
CranKy Ducklings
1d 2h
Online Event
1d 3h
FEL
1d 8h
AI Arena Tournament
1d 9h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 11h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
4 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
4 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.