• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 13:08
CEST 19:08
KST 02:08
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon108
StarCraft 2
General
Updated Continental Flags System & New Global Flag StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder BW General Discussion Where can I find Flash replays that work? a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8430 users

[SPOILER] Art of the All-Kill

Forum Index > BW General
Post a Reply
1 2 3 4 Next All
Manifesto7
Profile Blog Joined November 2002
Osaka27178 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-02-13 02:07:36
January 16 2009 05:00 GMT
#1
Game 1 (Z)ssm~Silver @ ETD
Game 2 (Z)Ogogo[inca] @ Dark Sauron
Game 3 [image loading] T.3)Friend @ JRM
Game 4 (P)Nal_Rock @ P2H

A 57-kill reaver and a place in history. TL's own (P)Legionnaire all-killed the Toona team in Sept. 2003 and in doing so created a legend.



With the new Winners League schedule released, there is a lot of buzz about the new style. Several dinosaurs like myself have fond memories of the previous all-kill formats, while the new blood on TL has yet to enjoy it.

Of course, the ProLeague Fantasy League is also adding fuel to the flames. Theories abound about the possibilities for monster streaks, incredible point runs, and dominating performances.

But, just how does a league like this play out over a long season? I went back to the archives for a look at the last league that featured this format. That was the MBCMovies TeamLeague, the last (and greatest) of the MBC TeamLeagues (also known for being Savior's coming out party). The format was very similar to today's, except that it was a race to three wins, rather than four. What can the numbers show us?

+ Show Spoiler [Week by week results] +
MBC Movies TeamLeague
(Luna, Arizona, Into the darkness 2, Raid Assault)

Day 1
(Z)SaferZerg > (T)Casy, (T)ClouD, (P)Zeus

Day 2
(T)NaDa > (P)Anytime, (Z)ZergMaN, (P)Pusan

Day 3
(Z)ChoJJa > (Z)Max
(Z)Side_LeGenD > (Z)ChoJJa
(Z)Side_LeGenD > (P)EJi
(Z)YellOw > (Z)Side_LeGenD
(T)Casy > (Z)YellOw

Day 4
(T)Hery > (Z)ZergMaN
(T)Dongrae > (T)Hery
(P)Nal_rA > (T)Dongrae
(P)Nal_rA > (P)Anytime

Day 5
(T)ClouD > (T)Goodfriend
(P)Rock > (T)ClouD
(Z)Max > (P)Rock
(T)NaDa > (Z)Max
(T)NaDa > (P)Zeus

Day 6
(T)BoxeR > (Z)JJu
(T)Hwasin > (T)BoxeR
(T)Hwasin > (P)RainBOw
(Z)sigamari > (T)Hwasin
(Z)sigamari > (T)Yooi

Day 7
(T)Casy > (Z)ZergMaN
(P)Anytime > (T)Casy
(P)Anytime > (Z)Max
(P)Zeus > (P)Anytime
(P)Zeus > (T)Dongrae

Day 8
(Z)Niza > (Z)sAviOr
(Z)GoRush > (Z)Niza
(Z)GoRush > (Z)SiR@SoNi
(Z)GoRush > (T)NaDa

http://jp.youtube.com/watch?v=-GuRPPdnItk

Day 9
(P)RainBOw > (P)GGon
(Z)SaferZerg > (P)RainBOw
(Z)SaferZerg > (T)Canata
(Z)MuMyung > (Z)SaferZerg
(Z)MuMyung > (P)TT

Day 10
(P)Anytime > (Z)TheWinD
(P)Anytime > (Z)JJu
(P)SoO > (P)Anytime
(P)SoO > (Z)ZergMaN
(P)Pusan > (P)SoO

Day 11
(Z)Silver > (T)Sync, (P)mingu, (T)Oddysay (KTF PLAY YOUR CHAMPS WTF)

Day 12
(Z)SaferZerg > (T)Dongrae
(Z)ZergMaN > (Z)SaferZerg
(Z)ZergMaN > (P)GGon
(Z)ZergMaN > (T)DoGGi

Day 13
(T)ClouD > (Z)Rumble, (T)kOs, (P)TerAtO

Day 14
(P)Tester > (T)Hwasin
(Z)JJu > (P)Tester
(Z)JJu > (Z)Silver
(Z)JJu > (T)Goodfriend

Day 15
(T)Iris > (Z)Max
(T)Iris > (Z)Side_LeGenD
(T)ClouD > (T)Iris
(T)ClouD > (Z)sAviOr
(T)ClouD > (Z)OversKy

Day 16
(P)mingu > (T)DoGGi
(T)CuteBOy > (P)mingu
(P)EJi > (T)CuteBOy
(Z)SaferZerg > (P)EJi
(Z)Umbrella > (Z)SaferZerg

Day 17
(T)NaDa > (P)Kingdom
(T)NaDa > (Z)MuMyung
(T)Oov > (T)NaDa
(T)Oov > (P)Rock
(T)Oov > (Z)SiR@SoNi

Day 18
(Z)SoNiC)BlacK > (Z)TheWinD
(Z)SoNiC)BlacK > (P)SoO
(Z)JJu > (Z)SoNiC)BlacK
(Z)JJu > (P)Rage
(Z)JJu > (T)Iris

Day 19
(P)Anytime > (T)Canata
(Z)MuMyung > (P)Anytime
(Z)MuMyung > (Z)ZergMaN
(P)Pusan > (Z)MuMyung
(T)BoxeR > (P)Pusan

Day 20
(T)Hwasin > (P)Zeus
(T)Hwasin > (T)ClouD
(T)Casy > (T)Hwasin
(T)Casy > (P)SoO
(T)Yooi > (T)Casy

Day 21
(Z)Umbrella > (P)Kingdom
(T)BoxeR > (Z)Umbrella
(P)EJi > (T)BoxeR
(P)EJi > (T)Oov

Day 22
(P)Rage > (T)Dongrae, (P)Pusan, (Z)ZergMaN

Day 23
(Z)sAviOr > (T)TheMarine
(Z)sAviOr > (P)mingu
(P)Nal_rA > (Z)sAviOr
(Z)OversKy > (P)Nal_rA

Day 24
(T)Rhythm > (T)CuteBOy, (P)GGon, (Z)SaferZerg

Day 25
(P)Nal_rA > (Z)TheWinD, (T)Yooi, (Z)JJu

Day 26
(T)BoxeR > (P)fOru
(T)XellOs > (T)BoxeR
(T)XellOs > (P)Kingdom
(T)XellOs > (T)Oov

Playoffs Day 1, 4 vs 3 bo7
(Z)YellOw > (T)Hwasin
(T)Sync > (T)Hwasin
(Z)JJu > (T)Sync
(Z)JJu > (Z)ChoJJa
(P)Reach > (Z)JJu (first game all season!)
(Z)TheWinD > (P)Reach

Playoffs Day 2, winner day 1 vs 2 bo7
(T)Goodfriend > (P)SoO
(T)Goodfriend > (Z)JJu
(T)Hwasin > (T)Goodfriend
(T)Hwasin > (P)Rock
(T)Hwasin > (Z)SiR@SoNi
(T)NaDa > (T)Hwasin
(T)NaDa > (Z)TheWinD

Playoffs Day 3, winner day 2 vs 1 bo7
(Z)sAviOr > (Z)GGoMa
(Z)sAviOr > (Z)Silver
(Z)sAviOr > (T)Goodfriend
(T)NaDa > (Z)sAviOr
(P)fOru > (T)NaDa



The All-kill Roster

As we can see from the results, 7 of the 26 weeks ended with a 3-0 all-kill. In addition, another 7 of the 26 ended with a 3-0 run after the team lost the first game (or first two). This means 54% of the time, someone went on a 3-0 streak to win the match for their team.

The seven players that sat down and never got up were:
(Z)SaferZerg, (Z)Silver,
(T)NaDa, (T)ClouD, (T)Rhythm
(P)Rage, (P)Nal_rA

And the seven that bailed out their teammates:
(Z)GoRush, (Z)ZergMaN, (Z)JJu x2
(T)ClouD, (T)iloveoov, (T)XellOs

While I think the 54% mark is impressive, the truely mind-boggling stat was that out of twenty-six matches, in only one did nobody win two games. In the twenty-five other matches somebody was able to knock out at least two opponents.

How Does This Factor Today?

There are several things that leads me to believe this will change:
  • The Winners League today is the only show in town. Back in the MBCMovies TeamLeague, OGN had their own proleague under way. Players such as Siva, who went 5-2 in the OGN league, did not make an appearance here.

  • The number of maps in the MBC league was four, comapred to
    seven for the winner's league. This will lead to increased specialization on the maps, with certain players called on to perform on specific maps as much as versus a specific race.

  • That being said, the ability of coaches to snipe will be also much greater in this round. The extention to a race to four will give more opportunities, and a full roster will grant a full arsenal.

Due to these factors, I believe the team with the ability to grind out two wins in a row from multiple players will probably be more successful than those relying on one or two superstars to carry them along. Only time will tell.


All-Kills 2009

Number One:
(Z)Luxury, KTF vs Samsung, Jan. 17

[image loading]


After watching Jangbi smirk his way through 815 and HoeJJa, (Z)Luxury took the stage and there he stayed. He overpowered Jangbi with great mutalisk sniping, eliminating a dozen HT's and pinning the protoss at the bottom of Destination. He then took out the zerg sniper Great, and rampaged over a dazed Stork. Finally, FBH fell on Andromeda to seal the deal. Overpowering play, and winner of the first All-Kill of 2009!

+ Show Spoiler [The Interview by Mr Hoon] +
- This is the first all kill in the Winner's League
▲ I am grateful I did the first all kill. We(ktf) did many teamleague battles with other teams offline and I did many all kills. I think this helped alot.

- This new Winner stays format, how do you feel about it?
▲ I believe players will love this format alot more. Its fun and you can earn alot of wins. Also once you are on fire, you don't stop.

- Did you think you would all kill?
▲ Honestly I knew Jangbi would be my hardest opponent. When 2 oclock was down I felt like I lost the game, but my muta control was good. When I beat him I felt very confident.

- Long ago at the Kespa Cup you all-killed KTF.
▲ That wasn't broad casted at that time. I didn't really feel anything. However today, everyone was watching me do it so it felt amazing.

- Alot of people said stuff on the line of Flash will do everything. Did you feel bad about this?
▲ Yes I felt very bad for Flash and ashamed of myself. But I extended my practice time by 1.5x more.I believe extending my practice time is one of the reasons why my performance has increased.

- What did Flash say to you?
▲ Flash told me "Hyung you are amazing!" I felt I was doing good today too.

- Khan's aces are very difficult players.
▲ Before the match I was very worried about Firebathero. However the map was Andromeda (Luxury is 10:2 on Andromeda, which is unheard of for a ZvT record) so I earned alot of confidence that I could win.

- You destroyed great's hive play.
▲ I practice ZvZ alot anyways so I believe I was able to take the game. I actually didn't see that he was going hive. However I believed I had the "EE-HAN-TIMING" so my attack would be unblockable.

- You showed a very strong side of you when you played against Stork.
▲ Well I was up ahead 2 games from stork. Although there were times I felt threatened everything worked the way I imagined it to be.

- 스타리그에 이어 초반 공격에 집중하는 모습이다
- Like from the starleague, you are showing alot of your aggressive style.
▲ Long ago I was very very aggressive, at round 2 I tried switching to a more Game Management Style (ie savior style). Now, I want to mix both aggressive and management style. This way my opponents won't read me as easily.

- Before set 6 (FBH vs LUX), what kind of play were you imagining?
▲ FirebatHero loves 8 Raxing, so I decided to play safe.

- Your control got better and better after each game.
▲ After the Jangbi match my hands were full exercised. Thats why I think my control got better. Also when I won I got to stay in the game for the next match which made me alot happier.

- Plans for the future
▲ I will not celebrate because I did 1 allkill. I will train/practice harder so I can get better and do more. I want to raise my team's stats by the winner's league, and that is my top priority of now.

- Last words
▲ Because of proleague we practiced till 3am. I want to thank everyone and all the fans who cheered for us.



Number Two: Yellow[arnc], OGN vs MBC, Jan. 21

The brothers go back-to-back! That's right, first Luxury then Yellow[arnc], the Park brothers are tearing up this proleague, standing 2-3 respectively as total point getters. In a matchup between the two network teams, Yarnc defeated Sea, Pusan, Ruby, and Saint to give OGN the win. Congratulations to Yarnc and OGN!

[image loading]


[image loading]

[image loading]

[image loading]

[image loading]



Number Three: Hiya, OZ vs STX, January 30th

It is the first natural all-kill of the season, as Hiya tore through the best STX had to offer.
(T)Notice < (T)HiyA
(P)Shuttle < (T)HiyA
(P)Kal < (T)HiyA
(Z)July < (T)HiyA

STX 0-4 Hiya


[image loading]


Hiya is 12-3 in his last 15 games, stretching back to the end of last year. He has performed stronger than Never_V_ over that span, giving OZ yet another weapon.


Number Four: go.go, OGN vs WeMade, February 7th


Set 1: (T)go.go < Colosseum II > (P)HerO       
Set 2: (T)go.go < Neo Harmony > (T)NaDa       
Set 3: (T)go.go < Destination > (P)Pure      
Set 4: (T)go.go < Rush Hour 3 > (T)Mind      

OGN Sparkyz 4-0 WeMade FOX


[image loading]


[image loading]



Number Five: Notice, STX vs AirForce, February 8th

Hwasin < Casy
(T)Notice > (T)Casy
(T)Notice > (P)Reach
(T)Notice > (P)Anytime
(T)Notice > (Z)OversKy


[image loading]


[image loading]



Number Six: Flash, KTF vs Hwaseung OZ, February 8th

Set 1: (T)Lomo < Destination > (T)Hery       
Set 2: (T)Lomo < Colosseum II > (P)Tempest      
Set 3: (T)Lomo < Neo Harmony > (T)Flash       
Set 4: (T)fOrGG < Rush Hour 3 > (T)Flash       
Set 5: (T)HiyA < Andromeda > (T)Flash       
Set 6: (Z)Jaedong < Sin Chupung-Ryeong > (T)Flash       
Closer: < Medusa >


[image loading]


[image loading]



- You defeated the number 1 team hwaseung oz, in an all kill too
▲ We are very happy we defeated the #1 team. I hope KTF can become a powerful team too soon.

- Did you expect to do an all kill?
▲ No. I was expecting to do 2 kills (3 at most), then hope Luxury Hyung would finish it up. I didn't really prepare for this at all.

- You played 3 TvTs today
▲ It was so difficult. But I am happy I won them all. I thought if I did my part, I would be able to take a break

- In the game against Jaedong, it looked like you knew everything as if you were psychic.
▲ Although I did study Jaedong Hyung's style alot, I've realized almost every zergs play ZvT the exact same as he is. Jaedong hyung studied how I played too, so he prepared his build. I expected this so I prepared a counter build for his counter build.

- You seemed in the best condition and confident today
▲ I was very unconfident today. I even told my coaches I think I would lose today. But then after I did 2 kills, I started to get more confident

- You lost a very close game in OSL
▲ It is sad, but I think its okay. If I dropped from MSL and won my OSL game, that would've been the worst cast scenario so I am happy with this result. I will try harder at OSL, so it will be fine. I did practice more for MSL anyways, so I am happy with the result.

- You are #1 in proleague wins now
▲ Now is the start. Even though I am #1, this is winner's league, anything can happen. I can't sit here and relax, praising myself. I have to get better.

- Last words
▲ I want to thank my teammates for practicing with me.



Number Seven: Jaedong, Hwaseung OZ vs AirForce, January 30th

Set 1: (P)Young < Sin Chupung-Ryeong > (P)Reach       
Set 2: (T)fOrGG < Andromeda > (P)Reach       
Set 3: (Z)Jaedong < Colosseum II > (P)Reach       
Set 4: (Z)Jaedong < Tau Cross > (T)Casy      
Set 5: (Z)Jaedong < Destination > (T)Sunny       
Set 6: (Z)Jaedong < Medusa > (P)Anytime       
Closer < Neo Harmony >       


[image loading]


[image loading]


- Words after your all kill
▲ I think this was a great chance I got. Ace was doing good so I expected myself to do 2 kills, but I ended up doing an all-kill

- When did you think you will all kill?
▲ After I did 2 kills I gained confidence. I thought if I did better I might be able to do an all-kill

- Set 5 with Sunny looked extremely difficult for you
▲ I thought I was ahead throughout the game. But when we got to midgame, I was shocked to learn his army was so powerful. I was playing blind too which made it even worse. But, at the last my concentration and luck seemed to won the game

- At set 6 you got Anytime allowing the all kill
▲ First my hands were already excercised and I had the confidence so I believed I was going to win. But, I thought the next map was shin chup pyeong ryeong and it was medusa. I knew the map order but I was so out of place I forgot. It wasn't a problem though and stuck to my build

- You got the first 80 wins in proleague by 1 player
▲ I didn't even know that kind of record existed. I didn't even keep track of it but someone told me today. But when I heard I was the first to do it, I wanted to do more. I gained enough confidence now and will strive for #1 wins in proleague

- You have a Starleague game today
▲ Honestly, I couldn't practice at all and I am very worried. However there was no other choice, there is so little time to practice now. But the map does favor zerg so I think I can do it.

- Last words
▲ THese days our fans are worried alot. I think these days we showed that our team was getting a little shakey. I will recover that image. I will show our team is strong even in Winner's league. Our next game is with CJ and I want to take the #1 spot away from them



+ Show Spoiler +
PS. I know someone is gonig to take a magnifying glass to those pictures and find that I crossed out the wrong face but I don't care. Stupid AIRForce makes them take off their glasses for all pictures. Don't post about it, cause I'm not going to go back and change it.
ModeratorGodfather
MrHoon *
Profile Blog Joined April 2008
10183 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-01-17 07:35:08
January 16 2009 05:09 GMT
#2
KTFail

Best terran in the world
Once the 2nd best zerg in the world, now slumping
And the rest are unreliable

edit: Oh boy I hope I am totally wrong and luxury keeps up this pace
dats racist
jodogohoo
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
Canada2533 Posts
January 16 2009 05:37 GMT
#3
On January 16 2009 14:09 MrHoon wrote:
KTFail

Best terran in the world
Once the 2nd best zerg in the world, now slumping
And the rest are unreliable

mystarcraft shows this very well T_T
Heyoka
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
Katowice25012 Posts
January 16 2009 05:38 GMT
#4
I agree with the analysis on how the teamplay will go down, and I suspect one more important factor that will come into play is that the edge an allkill type player is simply less over his peers than it would have been during the era of the original teamleague. While its debatable, it seems highly likely that there has been a considerable flatening of relative skill levels compared to where the game was at in 2005.
@RealHeyoka | ESL / DreamHack StarCraft Lead
Dark_Luster
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
Korea (South)438 Posts
January 16 2009 05:39 GMT
#5
awesome read!
i just hope WL becomes as good as everyone is anticipating it to be.
#1 Horangee fan
EvilTeletubby
Profile Blog Joined January 2004
Baltimore, USA22261 Posts
January 16 2009 05:41 GMT
#6
Man, I can't wait to see this format in action again...
Moderatorhttp://carbonleaf.yuku.com/topic/408/t/So-I-proposed-at-a-Carbon-Leaf-concert.html ***** RIP Geoff
LTT
Profile Blog Joined March 2003
Shakuras1095 Posts
January 16 2009 05:48 GMT
#7
Sadly, the most memorable All-Kill was an exhibition. I've never been able to track down vods for it but it still lives on here and in his own words here. Leg is such a beast.
Jonoman92
Profile Blog Joined September 2006
United States9110 Posts
January 16 2009 06:03 GMT
#8
I'm looking forward to this new league. When I first got into progaming or rather the foreign scene I remember a lot of foreign clan wars seemed to use this format and It'd add excitement because one player can change it all.
tonight
Profile Blog Joined November 2006
United States11130 Posts
January 16 2009 06:10 GMT
#9
This format makes the matches so exciting for the fans.
if I come without a thing, then I come with all I need @tonightsend
CDRdude
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
United States5625 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-01-16 06:31:38
January 16 2009 06:13 GMT
#10
edit: Comment removed, because I guess it's offtopic, and doesn't contribute to the thread.
Force staff is the best item in the game.
thunk
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
United States6233 Posts
January 16 2009 06:25 GMT
#11
Nice read. I'm very ambivalent about KTF for the reason that they don't have very much depth. I'm hoping that Flash sits down and never gets up though.
Every time Jung Myung Hoon builds a vulture, two probes die. || My post count was a palindrome and I was never posting again.
Scaramanga
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
Australia8093 Posts
January 16 2009 06:31 GMT
#12
Oh man im so pumped up for this format, i hope KTF can pick it up from last round
Loda talked about the fun counter, it's AdmiralBulldog on his natures prophet
Empyrean
Profile Blog Joined September 2004
17082 Posts
January 16 2009 06:34 GMT
#13
(obligatory post about Leg's all kill. Congrats!)

Personally, I think the decision to include more maps was wonderful. As you said, we have greater chances of sniping and seeing 3-4 or 4-3 series. This makes it more strategic, since coaches have to think about whether or not to save certain players for certain maps. For example, if you have a PvT sniper but is also a map-sniper, would you want to send him in against the Terran and have the chance that he be sniped before his strong map comes on?

Difficult choices. I'm looking forward to this format again
Moderator
thunk
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
United States6233 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-01-16 06:38:26
January 16 2009 06:36 GMT
#14
On January 16 2009 14:48 LTT wrote:
Sadly, the most memorable All-Kill was an exhibition. I've never been able to track down vods for it but it still lives on here and in his own words here. Leg is such a beast.


Man, that LR seems so cool. Oh, Leg's playing some kid name Ogogo. Oh, now it's some kid named Nal_Rock. I wonder if he's going to take spots in leagues 5 years from now. 57 Reaver kills....they're all struggling to get the stream too. Some things never change I guess...

On September 30 2003 18:35 Legionnaire wrote:

Apparently i have the MBCgame record for most reaver kills 57
and 3rd person to kill the entire opposing team
which is sort of scary/incredibly lucky for first showing in team league

Every time Jung Myung Hoon builds a vulture, two probes die. || My post count was a palindrome and I was never posting again.
Realpenguin
Profile Joined December 2006
8253 Posts
January 16 2009 06:45 GMT
#15
I'm pretty new to the professional SC scene, so the only allkill event I saw live was the 2008 STX Masters Cup. The main thing I remember about it was that CuteAngel nearly all-killed SKTT1

I loved the format, and it's just so exciting to know that I'll be seeing it every night now

I think it's great that all-kills are a bit harder; it just makes them a lot more satisfying when they do occur (provided your team isn't the one getting all-killed).
<Wolfpox> i remember when MVP beat that one guy, and everyone was like 'whoa' except that penguin dude.
baubo
Profile Joined September 2008
China3370 Posts
January 16 2009 09:11 GMT
#16
While people have concentrated on the great players who can all-kill teams, what about the other way around? Imagine a sniper sent out for a particular map and a particular MU. What happens if he wins. The next game will likely be rape.

So in that sense, I think there's potential to be some pretty one-sided games. Imagine some poor zerg sent to snipe Stork, succeeds, celebrates, only to find himself playing FBH the next game...
Meh
Manifesto7
Profile Blog Joined November 2002
Osaka27178 Posts
January 16 2009 09:11 GMT
#17
On January 16 2009 15:34 Empyrean wrote:
(obligatory post about Leg's all kill. Congrats!)

Personally, I think the decision to include more maps was wonderful. As you said, we have greater chances of sniping and seeing 3-4 or 4-3 series. This makes it more strategic, since coaches have to think about whether or not to save certain players for certain maps. For example, if you have a PvT sniper but is also a map-sniper, would you want to send him in against the Terran and have the chance that he be sniped before his strong map comes on?

Difficult choices. I'm looking forward to this format again


I agree. I think knowing the map order ahead of time is huge. You could snipe the person and then play your best map right after in an ideal situation.
ModeratorGodfather
QibingZero
Profile Blog Joined June 2007
2611 Posts
January 16 2009 09:40 GMT
#18
I am so beyond hyped for this.

The dynamics of all-kill are just infinitely more fun to see play out than the current PL format. How good is a player when he doesn't have a week to prepare for a single matchup on a single map? Who will pull out the wins in their worst matchup on a map that is also working against them? We're going to find out.

Visions of Jaedong all-kills dancing in my head...
Oh, my eSports
Itachii
Profile Blog Joined April 2008
Poland12466 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-01-16 10:17:13
January 16 2009 10:05 GMT
#19
This format adds alot of excitement, I really cant wait for tommorow's matches.All-kill sounds great, but becouse of today's level of playing , maps and basically every team having some kind of "sniper", I dont think we will see a single 4-0.Hope I am wrong tho, seeing Stork all-kill SKT would be priceless.


La parole nous a été donnée pour déguiser notre pensée
Mikilatov
Profile Blog Joined May 2008
United States3897 Posts
January 16 2009 10:44 GMT
#20
Thanks for the reminiscence - A definite excitement-booster for the all-kill proleague round. =)
♥ I used to lasso the shit out of your tournaments =( ♥ | Much is my hero. | zizi yO~ | Be Nice, TL.
1 2 3 4 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 6h 53m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 229
UpATreeSC 41
StarCraft: Brood War
Shuttle 1456
EffOrt 1129
Mini 798
Soma 652
actioN 460
Rush 438
Larva 321
Light 302
BeSt 203
Snow 146
[ Show more ]
Dewaltoss 144
hero 113
firebathero 99
Barracks 63
sorry 59
Liquid`Ret 57
Zeus 57
soO 30
Sexy 26
JYJ 25
ToSsGirL 24
Trap 23
Bale 22
Shine 20
zelot 18
Rock 11
Terrorterran 9
Sacsri 7
Dota 2
Gorgc7585
qojqva2212
Dendi893
420jenkins215
Counter-Strike
pashabiceps853
Fnx 787
x6flipin544
ceh9381
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes5569
Grubby4451
Liquid`Hasu435
Other Games
Beastyqt520
B2W.Neo464
byalli440
Khaldor186
Liquid`VortiX153
ArmadaUGS144
KnowMe144
C9.Mang0104
TKL 77
BRAT_OK 74
Trikslyr54
Railgan9
Organizations
Other Games
WardiTV267
BasetradeTV188
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream150
[ Show 20 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH260
• StrangeGG 71
• mYiSmile116
• Reevou 5
• intothetv
• Migwel
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
StarCraft: Brood War
• blackmanpl 14
• FirePhoenix11
• 80smullet 10
• Azhi_Dahaki9
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
• BSLYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV433
League of Legends
• Nemesis3298
• TFBlade913
Other Games
• Shiphtur297
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
6h 53m
Kung Fu Cup
17h 53m
The PondCast
1d 16h
OSC
1d 19h
OSC
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
3 days
Online Event
3 days
FEL
3 days
AI Arena Tournament
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Replay Cast
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
Replay Cast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.