• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 18:44
CEST 00:44
KST 07:44
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double1Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon105
StarCraft 2
General
Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Recent patches and the Future StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7517 users

Leaving StarCraft (IdrA)

Forum Index > SC2 General
849 CommentsPost a Reply
1 2 3 4 5 41 42 43 Next All
IdrA
Profile Blog Joined July 2004
United States11541 Posts
February 03 2014 18:14 GMT
#1
I tweeted a few days ago that I would no longer be streaming starcraft, I was going to leave it at that as I've barely done anything with the game the last month anyway, but there's been enough questions about it I figured I outa write something. Over the last 6 months or so streaming revenue has been nearly nonexistent, in part because of awful ad rates and in part because of continually declining viewership. Casting sc2 tournaments pays very poorly, when considered a significant part of a full time job. A couple thousand dollars for a weekend of talking about a game seems nice, but when it happens maybe once a month it is not a good way to live. There have also been continual job offers from various parts of the industry that always fail to materialize. If I wanted to continue to scrape out a living I probably could, by lowering standards, accepting donations, and whatever else. But I've never liked the game and I don't see that changing anytime soon so I see no reason to scrape by with no future just for the sake of staying with it.

I'll be going back to school. I have no plans to stream dota, or any other game right now, as I get very few viewers for it and I feel dumb inviting people to watch me be bad at something. It is possible I'll stream other games in the future, or be involved with esports in general if something interesting and practical pops up, but for the time being that's it for me. Thank you all.
Facebook Twitter Reddit
++
http://www.splitreason.com/product/1152 release the gracken tshirt now available
Pontius Pirate
Profile Blog Joined August 2013
United States1557 Posts
February 03 2014 18:16 GMT
#2
What happened with your Starbow dalliance?
"I had to close the door so my parents wouldn't judge me." - ZombieGrub during the ShitfaceTradeTV stream
Aeromi
Profile Blog Joined August 2012
France14463 Posts
February 03 2014 18:16 GMT
#3
Bye.

SC/SC2 Community <3
https://twitter.com/DrAeromi | Updates on live tournaments: @StarCrafteSport
Shellshock
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States97277 Posts
February 03 2014 18:16 GMT
#4
Good luck with school
Moderatorhttp://i.imgur.com/U4xwqmD.png
TL+ Member
DrPandaPhD
Profile Joined November 2011
5188 Posts
February 03 2014 18:17 GMT
#5
The right decision, good luck idra~
리노크 👑
PhoenixVoid
Profile Blog Joined December 2011
Canada32755 Posts
February 03 2014 18:17 GMT
#6
Thanks for everything Greg, I wish the best for you in the future.
I'm afraid of demented knife-wielding escaped lunatic libertarian zombie mutants
Alejandrisha
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
United States6566 Posts
February 03 2014 18:18 GMT
#7
Good luck in school IdrA
get rich or die mining
TL+ Member
GreYMisT
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States6736 Posts
February 03 2014 18:18 GMT
#8
Good luck with school, thanks for the games
"life of lively to live to life of full life thx to shield battery" / Join TL Mafia! http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/index.php?show_part=31
FrostedMiniWheats
Profile Joined August 2010
United States30730 Posts
February 03 2014 18:19 GMT
#9
It's been real. Good luck
NesTea | Mvp | MC | Leenock | Losira | Gumiho | DRG | Taeja | Jinro | Stephano | Thorzain | Sen | Idra |Polt | Bomber | Symbol | Squirtle | Fantasy | Jaedong | Maru | sOs | Seed | ByuN | ByuL | Neeb| Scarlett | Rogue | IM forever
b0ub0u
Profile Joined September 2009
Canada445 Posts
February 03 2014 18:19 GMT
#10
Good luck. I can relate as I am also going back to school.

Trust me it will be the best decision you will ever make

And most of all have fun!
In the swarm we trust
chrisolo
Profile Joined May 2009
Germany2610 Posts
February 03 2014 18:20 GMT
#11
On February 04 2014 03:14 IdrA wrote:
But I've never liked the game and I don't see that changing anytime soon so I see no reason to scrape by with no future just for the sake of staying with it.



This should be one of the main aspects, people should take a look on. Idra was one of the best players around at one time in this game...

Will you be streamin some good old bw?
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ - aka cReAtiVee
UmberBane
Profile Joined March 2013
Germany5450 Posts
February 03 2014 18:20 GMT
#12
Good bye, Idra. What are you going to study?
Cokefreak
Profile Joined June 2011
Finland8096 Posts
February 03 2014 18:20 GMT
#13
Good luck with everything!
SmoKim
Profile Joined March 2010
Denmark10305 Posts
February 03 2014 18:21 GMT
#14
Godspeed Greg, thanks for all the BW/SC2 memories
"LOL I have 202 supply right now (3 minutes later)..."LOL NOW I HAVE 220 SUPPLY SUP?!?!?" - Mondragon
Kuni
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Austria765 Posts
February 03 2014 18:22 GMT
#15
Good luck with school and don't come back. Not because of hate, but because while all of this seems worth it temporarily, it probably isn't worth it forever. Good decision. Enjoy your life!
bonus vir semper tiro
invisigoat
Profile Joined March 2013
184 Posts
February 03 2014 18:22 GMT
#16
No one can replace you <3 Good Luck in school!
zakmaa
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Canada525 Posts
February 03 2014 18:22 GMT
#17
Well this is sad Goodbye Idra, good luck with school
cutler
Profile Joined March 2010
Germany609 Posts
February 03 2014 18:22 GMT
#18
Good luck! Always enjoyed you as a Player/Caster etc.
Share some news with us from time to time!
Hollow
Profile Blog Joined July 2005
Canada2180 Posts
February 03 2014 18:23 GMT
#19
I agree, it wouldn't make sense to keep at it. It's pretty dumb in fact to keep doing something you don't enjoy. Even if the money had been better, I think it would have been bad too. Maybe this is a blessing in disguise as they say... an opportunity to find something else that you do like.
ACrow
Profile Joined October 2011
Germany6583 Posts
February 03 2014 18:24 GMT
#20
Bye and good luck in your future!
Get off my lawn, young punks
1 2 3 4 5 41 42 43 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 11h 16m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SpeCial 118
StarCraft: Brood War
Artosis 341
White-Ra 159
910 43
NaDa 36
Dota 2
monkeys_forever228
NeuroSwarm135
Super Smash Bros
PPMD69
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby8994
Liquid`Hasu1504
Trikslyr87
Other Games
summit1g8378
Liquid`RaSZi3321
shahzam628
JimRising 321
B2W.Neo174
C9.Mang0123
ArmadaUGS65
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream306
Other Games
BasetradeTV204
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 98
• intothetv
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki2
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• TFBlade1033
Other Games
• imaqtpie1131
• Shiphtur184
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
11h 16m
Afreeca Starleague
11h 16m
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d 1h
Kung Fu Cup
1d 12h
The PondCast
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
4 days
Online Event
4 days
FEL
4 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.