• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 08:34
CEST 14:34
KST 21:34
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror6[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War625.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups $3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
ChatGPT cheats at StarSkirmish SCAI tournament BW General Discussion Rollback Netcode in Brood War TL Sidebar missing streams [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Canadian Politics Mega-thread US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 6456 users

[I][T][M] Vengeful Mini Mafia!

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
1 2 Next All
Artanis[Xp]
Profile Blog Joined December 2005
Netherlands12973 Posts
January 29 2014 01:51 GMT
#17
/in
Artanis[Xp]
Profile Blog Joined December 2005
Netherlands12973 Posts
February 03 2014 23:10 GMT
#64
On February 04 2014 08:04 Holyflare wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 04 2014 08:02 iamperfection wrote:
Who else is town?


That's a terrible question, we want to know who ISN'T town.

I'm Mafia. How about you?
Artanis[Xp]
Profile Blog Joined December 2005
Netherlands12973 Posts
February 03 2014 23:14 GMT
#68
On February 04 2014 08:12 Holyflare wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 04 2014 08:10 Artanis[Xp] wrote:
On February 04 2014 08:04 Holyflare wrote:
On February 04 2014 08:02 iamperfection wrote:
Who else is town?


That's a terrible question, we want to know who ISN'T town.

I'm Mafia. How about you?

always lynch the people that claim mafia, you've played enough voice to know that's at least 80% correct!

##vote artanis

99% of statistics are pulled out of one's ass. Lynch all liars!!
##vote HolyFlare
Artanis[Xp]
Profile Blog Joined December 2005
Netherlands12973 Posts
February 03 2014 23:18 GMT
#71
On February 04 2014 08:17 marvellosity wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 04 2014 08:14 Artanis[Xp] wrote:
On February 04 2014 08:12 Holyflare wrote:
On February 04 2014 08:10 Artanis[Xp] wrote:
On February 04 2014 08:04 Holyflare wrote:
On February 04 2014 08:02 iamperfection wrote:
Who else is town?


That's a terrible question, we want to know who ISN'T town.

I'm Mafia. How about you?

always lynch the people that claim mafia, you've played enough voice to know that's at least 80% correct!

##vote artanis

99% of statistics are pulled out of one's ass. Lynch all liars!!
##vote HolyFlare

Lynch all liars? In that case you are either telling the truth with your mafia claim and we should lynch you

Or you are lying, and we should lynch you because of your own policy

well done you.

Can we lynch Holyflare first at least?
Artanis[Xp]
Profile Blog Joined December 2005
Netherlands12973 Posts
February 03 2014 23:21 GMT
#76
On February 04 2014 08:20 Holyflare wrote:
do you not want to lynch scum wave?

Nah he doesn't, he's my buddy.
Artanis[Xp]
Profile Blog Joined December 2005
Netherlands12973 Posts
February 03 2014 23:27 GMT
#87
On February 04 2014 08:26 iamperfection wrote:
Hrm wave are you being serious?

Was wondering the same thing. Accuses marv of taking a joke too seriously right before taking a joke too seriously himself.
Artanis[Xp]
Profile Blog Joined December 2005
Netherlands12973 Posts
February 03 2014 23:36 GMT
#95
On February 04 2014 08:33 iamperfection wrote:
Wait lynched people don't flip that seems backwards

Yeah. My idea was that we should lynch the person we think is the second likeliest to be scum and tell him to shoot the person we think is likeliest to be scum. If he doesn't agree then he's claiming scum.
Problem with this is that part of the fun in this game is to shoot who you want to shoot and I'm not prepared to sacrifice that so I'm kinda against my own plan. Bit of an objectively best plan vs most fun kinda deal.
Artanis[Xp]
Profile Blog Joined December 2005
Netherlands12973 Posts
February 03 2014 23:38 GMT
#97
On February 04 2014 08:36 Holyflare wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 04 2014 08:33 iamperfection wrote:
Wait lynched people don't flip that seems backwards


it's not, however, there are a few simple solutions to this that we can do!

1. Whoever we lynch we tell them who to shoot. That way if the person follows with our consensus then they are most likely town. If they don't then you can most likely attribute the shot to scum. This option allows a scum to hide by shooting a towny though.

2.We lynch our 2nd top scum suspect and then get him to shoot our first top scum suspect thus revealing a flip on our intended target.

I'm sure there are other ways just those are the 2 we have tended to use on voice

What's the difference between 1 and 2?
Artanis[Xp]
Profile Blog Joined December 2005
Netherlands12973 Posts
February 03 2014 23:43 GMT
#100
But aren't they both just the same option with the only difference being that in option 2 we're going with our second strongest scumspect instead of our strongest? It's the same strategy, just a different lynch target.
Artanis[Xp]
Profile Blog Joined December 2005
Netherlands12973 Posts
February 03 2014 23:47 GMT
#102
The point is you didn't need to describe the same tactic behind it twice. Anyway, this discussion is irrelevant. The question is if the players will listen to the person you want to lynch. I can guarantee I'm going to vigilante it because it's part of the enjoyment and why I signed up.
Artanis[Xp]
Profile Blog Joined December 2005
Netherlands12973 Posts
February 03 2014 23:52 GMT
#105
On February 04 2014 08:50 Holyflare wrote:
I signed up to win thanks.

I signed up to win while having fun. I'm not planning on sacrificing either of those.
Artanis[Xp]
Profile Blog Joined December 2005
Netherlands12973 Posts
February 04 2014 14:37 GMT
#493
I don't understand why so much discussion has arisen on my mafia claim. It was clearly in jest. It's sort of an inside joke though; Rayn always counterclaims what I claim on voice, so I claim mafia in thread with the attempt of making him counterclaim it for funsies as well as being a conversation starter. The intent wasn't to have 15 pages littered with people calling it non alignment indicative though, so sorry 'bout that.

I like HF's comments regarding Wave. Rayn mentioned that you can't really meta him because his last scum game was 9 months ago, but if a game is different enough from his usual towngame then that's a point that points towards scumminess. Him finding HF and myself scummy despite agreeing with HF's initial remark is, to put it in scummarv words, smelly.

Speaking of Marv, I'm curious why you find Rayn scummy for what he's poking at. The Rayn I know likes to poke at everything and tends to just post a lot. I like the point regarding his inconsistency between thinking there are clearly reads to be made yet not supplying any, though.

On February 04 2014 23:22 Cephiro wrote:
Back home and briefly read through the thread. I still have some things to take care of, so I will post my thoughts later on in the evening. I like the content available so far, although some back and forth's were taken too far and lost their usefulness in my opinion.

Automatic + for everyone that isn't rushing to get a lynch done too quickly.

What is the purpose of this post? What content do you like? Why did you feel the need to post a comment without any content?
I don't understand.
Artanis[Xp]
Profile Blog Joined December 2005
Netherlands12973 Posts
February 04 2014 14:44 GMT
#496
On February 04 2014 23:39 marvellosity wrote:
How can you be curious when I literally made a case explaining why?

You said you consider him to be scummy for pointing out things for the sake of it. My experience is that Rayn points out just about anything he finds remotely interesting. So why does it make him scum?
Artanis[Xp]
Profile Blog Joined December 2005
Netherlands12973 Posts
February 04 2014 14:53 GMT
#503
On February 04 2014 23:45 marvellosity wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 04 2014 23:44 Artanis[Xp] wrote:
On February 04 2014 23:39 marvellosity wrote:
How can you be curious when I literally made a case explaining why?

You said you consider him to be scummy for pointing out things for the sake of it. My experience is that Rayn points out just about anything he finds remotely interesting. So why does it make him scum?

Because his read on Holy wasn't even remotely interesting, it was simply pointless. As explained.

I'm talking mostly about your second and third points here. As for the first, I could see it as a post basically telling HF to not purposefully enrage DP and his thoughts wandered from there. Posts being pointless does not equal scum, you should be well aware of that.
Artanis[Xp]
Profile Blog Joined December 2005
Netherlands12973 Posts
February 04 2014 14:57 GMT
#508
On February 04 2014 23:55 marvellosity wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 04 2014 23:53 Artanis[Xp] wrote:
On February 04 2014 23:45 marvellosity wrote:
On February 04 2014 23:44 Artanis[Xp] wrote:
On February 04 2014 23:39 marvellosity wrote:
How can you be curious when I literally made a case explaining why?

You said you consider him to be scummy for pointing out things for the sake of it. My experience is that Rayn points out just about anything he finds remotely interesting. So why does it make him scum?

Because his read on Holy wasn't even remotely interesting, it was simply pointless. As explained.

I'm talking mostly about your second and third points here. As for the first, I could see it as a post basically telling HF to not purposefully enrage DP and his thoughts wandered from there. Posts being pointless does not equal scum, you should be well aware of that.

Which points?

Be clear, boy.

Second and third means the second and third posts you quoted and commented on.
Artanis[Xp]
Profile Blog Joined December 2005
Netherlands12973 Posts
February 04 2014 15:10 GMT
#516
On February 04 2014 23:58 marvellosity wrote:
Artanis, be very specific what the issue is with my post, because at the moment I'm not seeing it and it looks like you're just saying things. Quote stuff and explain what is wrong with it.

You might be right because I'm getting confused with specific wording. My point was simply that I considered point 2 and 3 non alignment indicative. That's all there is to it.

I reread regarding point 1 and Rayn's answer and find his answer lacking. It's a bad open and together with the inconsistency I would consider him smelly.
Artanis[Xp]
Profile Blog Joined December 2005
Netherlands12973 Posts
February 04 2014 15:15 GMT
#520
On February 05 2014 00:11 raynpelikoneet wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 05 2014 00:10 Artanis[Xp] wrote:
On February 04 2014 23:58 marvellosity wrote:
Artanis, be very specific what the issue is with my post, because at the moment I'm not seeing it and it looks like you're just saying things. Quote stuff and explain what is wrong with it.

You might be right because I'm getting confused with specific wording. My point was simply that I considered point 2 and 3 non alignment indicative. That's all there is to it.

I reread regarding point 1 and Rayn's answer and find his answer lacking. It's a bad open and together with the inconsistency I would consider him smelly.

How is my answer lacking? I don't even know what you are talking about.

Clarifying your position when you hadn't even entered the thread yet feels unnecessary. And if you felt there wasn't much alignment indicative things in the thread yet, why did you have a problem with Promethelax' post?
Artanis[Xp]
Profile Blog Joined December 2005
Netherlands12973 Posts
February 05 2014 09:37 GMT
#818
Hey guys, sorry about being AFK for a while. Was at a gig yesterday night. I haven't exactly had the best entry in the game, and I doubt I can cast suspicions aside for some time as I'll be gone for most of today. I wouldn't mind getting lynched as at least it'll give me a chance of redemption; I can shoot scum and make up for the entire game in one shot. I'll have time to truly read tomorrow. Give me my chance then and I'll make amends.
Artanis[Xp]
Profile Blog Joined December 2005
Netherlands12973 Posts
February 06 2014 00:02 GMT
#1047
I was driving back today feeling motivated to post, then I found out I flamingo'd up on the game I hosted and it severely cut into said motivation. Instead of reading everything I've missed, I'm just going to try to make the game enjoyable for everyone in the meantime by posting pictures of cute animals. Everyone likes cute animals.
[image loading]

[image loading]
[image loading]

[image loading]
I'd also post baby seals but I'm afraid of the implications on that.
Artanis[Xp]
Profile Blog Joined December 2005
Netherlands12973 Posts
February 06 2014 00:06 GMT
#1052
On February 06 2014 09:03 WaveofShadow wrote:
Where the fuck are the puppies?

Artanis confirmed scum.

It was the first picture but it didn't link properly ;_;
Have another one.
[image loading]
Also, this is my dog. She's awesome. Not a puppy anymore though.
[image loading]
1 2 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Sparkling Tuna Cup
19:00
Weekly #150 (SHIN Mod Edition)
herO vs ByuNLIVE!
CranKy Ducklings243
SHIN 153
CranKy Ducklings SOOP48
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 422
ByuN 354
SHIN 153
Railgan 48
MindelVK 25
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 71934
Calm 11052
Rain 2456
Bisu 1523
FanTaSy 806
Shuttle 575
soO 558
Stork 543
Rush 274
Soma 241
[ Show more ]
firebathero 209
Snow 207
Last 177
Light 102
Mind 94
Pusan 75
ToSsGirL 51
Sharp 49
Killer 46
hero 42
Bale 40
Free 39
sorry 36
Trap 36
Mong 30
Hm[arnc] 27
Aegong 26
zelot 22
yabsab 16
HiyA 14
Sacsri 13
Shine 12
Noble 12
Sexy 11
IntoTheRainbow 9
scan(afreeca) 7
Dota 2
Gorgc9010
Dendi627
Counter-Strike
fl0m1636
byalli864
x6flipin381
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King99
Other Games
gofns33954
singsing2280
B2W.Neo599
Pyrionflax249
Trikslyr31
Chillindude10
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV231
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• 3DClanTV 92
• Gemini_19 13
• Dystopia_ 4
• Response 1
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV525
League of Legends
• Jankos3045
• Nemesis1719
Counter-Strike
• C_a_k_e 1270
Upcoming Events
Patches Events
2h 26m
BSL Open Qualifier
6h 26m
BSL Open Qualifier
6h 26m
OSC
10h 26m
Replay Cast
10h 26m
OSC
23h 26m
WardiTV Weekly
1d 22h
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
[ Show More ]
Online Event
4 days
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.