• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 08:58
CEST 14:58
KST 21:58
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon108
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Where can I find Flash replays that work? a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
All you football fans (soccer)! Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7420 users

Back To The Basics Mini Mafia

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
1 2 3 4 5 12 13 14 Next All
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=437262
Aquanim
Profile Joined November 2012
Australia2849 Posts
November 16 2013 01:55 GMT
#25
Is Mafia KP carried out by a particular member of the scum team?
Aquanim
Profile Joined November 2012
Australia2849 Posts
November 16 2013 14:11 GMT
#27
/in
Aquanim
Profile Joined November 2012
Australia2849 Posts
November 18 2013 01:06 GMT
#34
I've expressed opinions of your play in the past, but I don't think I ever claimed that I could read you :/

You may do as you please.
Aquanim
Profile Joined November 2012
Australia2849 Posts
November 18 2013 04:24 GMT
#36
I think that makes a round dozen. When are we expecting to start?
Aquanim
Profile Joined November 2012
Australia2849 Posts
November 18 2013 10:35 GMT
#40
Given that Alakaslam is still playing LXIII it might be best to check with him that he's still in for this game.
Aquanim
Profile Joined November 2012
Australia2849 Posts
November 18 2013 22:52 GMT
#52
On November 19 2013 06:35 cDgCorazon wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 19 2013 06:27 ObviousOne wrote:
On November 19 2013 05:38 cDgCorazon wrote:
On November 18 2013 23:04 yamato77 wrote:
I predict a town victory.

I predict the town to get a lead early and fall apart until the last scum makes a mistake.

Still burns, man.

TBH that happens in like every game on this forum so I don't know what game you are referencing.

C'mon, there are at least three other scenarios:
- Town crashes and burns
- Scum crashes and burns
- Scum gets a lead early and then falls apart until the last two townies make a mistake at LYLO
Aquanim
Profile Joined November 2012
Australia2849 Posts
November 20 2013 03:01 GMT
#87
Mocsta, are you scum?
Aquanim
Profile Joined November 2012
Australia2849 Posts
November 20 2013 03:11 GMT
#90
On November 20 2013 12:06 Mocsta wrote:
@Aquanim Why ask such a pointless, non-alignment indicative question.

I understand some people view early trolling as part of the game, however, I would think you do not fall into this category.
In fact, I would argue the above is completely out-of-character for a town Aquanim.

I played a couple of IRL games of mafia a while back and, for lack of anything better to do, asked people that question. I noticed that townies tended to just say 'No' whereas mafia tended to dodge and be sarcastic.

I don't know whether the same trend will apply here, but there's only one way to find out. Call it "Science".
Aquanim
Profile Joined November 2012
Australia2849 Posts
November 20 2013 03:12 GMT
#91
Also, it gave you something to ask me about, so as a conversation starter I consider it a success.
Aquanim
Profile Joined November 2012
Australia2849 Posts
November 20 2013 03:18 GMT
#98
On November 20 2013 12:14 thrawn2112 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 20 2013 12:12 Aquanim wrote:
Also, it gave you something to ask me about, so as a conversation starter I consider it a success.


What are your conclusions about moc's alignment based on his answer?

A teeny-tiny town-lean since he seems to be relaxed.
Aquanim
Profile Joined November 2012
Australia2849 Posts
November 20 2013 03:54 GMT
#118
On November 20 2013 12:26 sciberbia wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 20 2013 12:18 Aquanim wrote:
On November 20 2013 12:14 thrawn2112 wrote:
On November 20 2013 12:12 Aquanim wrote:
Also, it gave you something to ask me about, so as a conversation starter I consider it a success.


What are your conclusions about moc's alignment based on his answer?

A teeny-tiny town-lean since he seems to be relaxed.

That's interesting. I assumed you were coming to the opposite conclusion, since to me his response looks more "sarcastic and dodgy" than "just saying no". What about his response strikes you as relaxed?

+ Show Spoiler [sarcastic and dodgy] +

On November 20 2013 12:06 Mocsta wrote:
Scum: a layer of dirt or froth on the surface of a liquid.

No, I am not.

I am a mobster, which is typically "scum" in the world of forum-mafia
However, in this game, roles are reversed and of the town I am.


I think it's to be expected that in a forum game replies will be more verbose, and I'd expect some level of sarcasm from Mocsta in any case. Without any previous experience with this tactic in a forum game I don't have a baseline to compare to.

As an actual answer to your question: While his answer does have a fair bit of fluff in it, I don't get the feeling that he is uncomfortable talking about his alignment[ which I think is the pertinent point. The "No, I am not" is quite direct.

On November 20 2013 12:37 cDgCorazon wrote:
...

2. I'm voting for the scummiest person. My last game was Titanic and it came down to 3-4 days of "X is scum, Y/Z/Q is scum as well". That led the town way off of the path and allowed my scum team the easiest scum win in a very long time. I don't care if they're not on the two lynch trains that are going to form. It's not instant majority so as long as I feel like I'm voting for the scummiest person in my opinion, I'm going to be happy with my vote.

this. If I see one more person go "X/Y/Z is scumteam GG NO RE #MANNERMULES"... (especially when X/Y/Z are each and every one town...)
/rant


...
On that note, sciberia needs to stop analyzing the first page so hard and just discuss. We're not going to find scum on the first page. You guys just need to talk instead of being at each other's throats 30 minutes into the game.

The way I see it, sciberbia analysing the first page at least gives us something to talk about. Why don't you think what he's doing is productive?
Aquanim
Profile Joined November 2012
Australia2849 Posts
November 20 2013 04:04 GMT
#124
On November 20 2013 12:55 Rean wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 20 2013 12:52 Bereft wrote:
Rean, what do you think of Mocsta thus far?


Talks a lot, seems awfully certain of everything he says.

@Rean
Given this, which way are you leaning on Mocsta in terms of alignment?
Aquanim
Profile Joined November 2012
Australia2849 Posts
November 20 2013 04:20 GMT
#131
@Corazon
I'd like you to elaborate more on why you think sciberbia is scum. I don't entirely understand your argument at present.
Aquanim
Profile Joined November 2012
Australia2849 Posts
November 20 2013 04:22 GMT
#134
EBWOP: The point is I'd like you to summarise your entire case in one post and explain to me why sciberbia's behaviour is more likely from a scummer than from a townie.
Aquanim
Profile Joined November 2012
Australia2849 Posts
November 20 2013 04:45 GMT
#146
On November 20 2013 13:36 Rean wrote:
Aquanim, you're constantly asking but never saying much about what you think. Gimme one town and one scum and reasons why please.

I reckon Thrawn's town because I liked the vote on Corazon. That is the kind of action which will get us doing truly productive things. (His unvote doesn't change that.)
As for scum, I'm not sure yet. Not enough information.

I don't much like Corazon's case on sciberbia but I can think of reasons why Corazon would make that argument as town, regardless of how good it is. I'm still null on Corazon but I'm very interested in what he chooses to do next.

I still want an answer to this from you:
On November 20 2013 13:04 Aquanim wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 20 2013 12:55 Rean wrote:
On November 20 2013 12:52 Bereft wrote:
Rean, what do you think of Mocsta thus far?


Talks a lot, seems awfully certain of everything he says.

@Rean
Given this, which way are you leaning on Mocsta in terms of alignment?

Aquanim
Profile Joined November 2012
Australia2849 Posts
November 20 2013 04:51 GMT
#151
On November 20 2013 13:49 Rean wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 20 2013 13:45 Aquanim wrote:
On November 20 2013 13:36 Rean wrote:
Aquanim, you're constantly asking but never saying much about what you think. Gimme one town and one scum and reasons why please.

I reckon Thrawn's town because I liked the vote on Corazon. That is the kind of action which will get us doing truly productive things. (His unvote doesn't change that.)
As for scum, I'm not sure yet. Not enough information.

I don't much like Corazon's case on sciberbia but I can think of reasons why Corazon would make that argument as town, regardless of how good it is. I'm still null on Corazon but I'm very interested in what he chooses to do next.

I still want an answer to this from you:
On November 20 2013 13:04 Aquanim wrote:
On November 20 2013 12:55 Rean wrote:
On November 20 2013 12:52 Bereft wrote:
Rean, what do you think of Mocsta thus far?


Talks a lot, seems awfully certain of everything he says.

@Rean
Given this, which way are you leaning on Mocsta in terms of alignment?



http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=435582&currentpage=7#127

Ah yes, my bad.

Do you think Corazon's argument that sciberbia is scum is persuasive? Why or why not?
Aquanim
Profile Joined November 2012
Australia2849 Posts
November 20 2013 05:21 GMT
#158
@Mocsta, whenever you get back:

If someone gave you a day-vigilante shot and said you had to shoot someone in this thread right now, who would it be and why?

(This isn't quite the same question as "Who is your biggest scumread", by the way.)
Aquanim
Profile Joined November 2012
Australia2849 Posts
November 20 2013 06:57 GMT
#174
@Mocsta
If Corazon and sciberbia are both scum, what was their motive for going after one another as they have so early? It's focused a lot of attention on the two of them, and I can't imagine that being what scum wants.

@Rean
Why do you want to see me in particular pressured?
Aquanim
Profile Joined November 2012
Australia2849 Posts
November 20 2013 07:42 GMT
#184
On November 20 2013 16:08 Rean wrote:
...
Show nested quote +
On November 20 2013 15:57 Aquanim wrote:
@Mocsta
If Corazon and sciberbia are both scum, what was their motive for going after one another as they have so early? It's focused a lot of attention on the two of them, and I can't imagine that being what scum wants.

@Rean
Why do you want to see me in particular pressured?


To me you look like you're in the position that if I were scum I'd love: sit back, ask some questions, give some non-commital opinions from time to time and earn easy town credit while not under any real pressure.

So one of your questions back at you: if you had a vig shot that only hit scum, who would you aim it at right now and why?

Probably you. I don't like how easily you swallowed Corazon's case on sciberbia, given that I felt it was sketchy at best. I also don't see any particular purpose behind your posting so far - you've offered some observations when prompted but I don't see you trying to get more information and learn more about the motivations of other players, besides some half-assed and half-hearted pressuring of myself (which you tried to prompt someone else to do).

In fact, the more I think about your filter the less I like it.

##Vote: Rean

I'd give some consideration to shooting Corazon but even if I was convinced he was scum I think I'd learn much more from lynching him than by simply shooting him.
Aquanim
Profile Joined November 2012
Australia2849 Posts
November 20 2013 07:48 GMT
#186
Short answer to Thrawn's case:

I've been messing around a bit and not committing much because I'm concerned, having looked at the players who are yet to post, that if we present them with a fait accompli lynch on Corazon they'd just sheep and we'd learn nothing about them today. I figured that by holding off on my vote and being able to address them from a position of neutrality I might be able to get something out of them.

Obviously this plan has backfired, but I figure if you're going to come after me that gives them an interesting choice to make so hopefully we'll still get something useful out of them.

For the same reason, I voted Rean above for the purposes of running a second wagon and introducing a choice. I'd cheerfully vote Corazon as well, his failure to actually vote for sciberbia despite his constant accusations is pretty damning.
1 2 3 4 5 12 13 14 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Sparkling Tuna Cup
10:00
Weekly #148 (SHIN Mod Edition)
herO vs PercivalLIVE!
CranKy Ducklings171
CranKy Ducklings SOOP53
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech129
StarCraft: Brood War
Bisu 5451
Jaedong 3501
Leta 2022
EffOrt 785
Horang2 464
Soma 410
BeSt 376
Mini 307
Rush 280
Stork 225
[ Show more ]
Killer 208
Light 177
Zeus 141
Barracks 139
Larva 125
Snow 119
Pusan 112
ggaemo 104
Sea.KH 61
Mong 52
JYJ 50
hero 46
firebathero 43
HiyA 43
ToSsGirL 39
Bale 35
Sharp 33
Shinee 25
sorry 21
Aegong 17
Sexy 15
zelot 15
Shine 10
Sacsri 9
Icarus 8
JulyZerg 7
Dota 2
Gorgc7118
Dendi656
XaKoH 540
qojqva17
Counter-Strike
kRYSTAL_106
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes3825
Other Games
gofns45015
singsing1602
olofmeister1325
B2W.Neo720
byalli593
Lowko350
Livibee194
DeMusliM134
OGKoka 100
ArmadaUGS94
mouzStarbuck63
Liquid`VortiX11
Organizations
StarCraft 2
WardiTV503
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream239
Other Games
BasetradeTV218
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Adnapsc2 4
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix3
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV325
League of Legends
• Jankos1787
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
11h 2m
Kung Fu Cup
22h 2m
The PondCast
1d 21h
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
3 days
Online Event
3 days
FEL
4 days
AI Arena Tournament
4 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.