• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 23:38
CEST 05:38
KST 12:38
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup4StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2315
StarCraft 2
General
Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Sagi.gg Launcher Released RepMastered™: replay sharing and analyzer site Bot on ladder BSL Season 23
Tourneys
2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9226 users

[Interview] 2013 WCS KR S3 PL Ro16 Group D

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Mintie
Profile Joined December 2012
Australia563 Posts
September 29 2013 13:52 GMT
#1
Parting – “In the Round of 8, I’ll be a changed player”
After I was knocked out in the Starleague, I was able to focus.

[image loading]

Parting was able to beat “Ultimate Weapon” Flash and progress to the Round of 8.

On the 29th of September at the GOM TV studios in Gangnam, Parting (of team SK Telecon) defeated Maru (of team Prime) and Flash (of team KT Rolster) 2:1 in the WCS KR Premier League Ro16 Group D, and qualified in first place.

You defeated two Terrans and qualified for the Round of 8. How do you feel?

At the group selection, I provoked both Flash and Maru. I expected both to come fully prepared. When I played Flash, I felt that he was not an easy opponent. I expected a tough series, and I won from behind in the last map. I feel really happy.

Why did you provoke them at the group selection?

I thought that I would be comfortable against Flash’s style. I said that because I think he has a tough time coping with High Templar. The first map was easy, but I felt a bit anxious after I lost the second map. The third map wasn’t easy either, but I didn’t give up and kept my concentration until the end.

If you win one more time, you’ll be in the season finals.

After today’s victory, I’ll have 1300 WCS points. I’ll be equal with soO, and now we’re meeting in the Round of 8 (laughter). We’re both ambitious, so I think it’ll be the player that wants it more will win. Regardless of who wins, I’d like it if the winner was able to be the winner of the season.

In the first map against Flash, you showed us bold play.

A player that recently joined us, Classic, is really good at this type of play. Usually I build Colossus before I go in to High Templar but after seeing Classic play, I was able to learn and claim it. I think I’ll have to repay him in a big way in the future.

Of course, Rain also said that he got help from Classic.

He’s adapting well. Compared to me, I think he’s quite reserved so I’d like to see him be a bit more animated. He’s on the quiet side, so he’s hard to approach (laughter)

I think you’ll be ambitious, as the first winner of the WCS.

The first goal is to win the national title, but of course I want to win at the global WCS as well. In order to meet my goals, I’m really practicing like a madman. Lately, I’ve really improved my PvZ and I’d like you to raise your expectations for my PvZ as much as I’ve improved my play.

Anything you’d like to add?

After I was knocked out in the Starleague, I was able to focus. I’m really practicing hard. Only now do I feel like I’m seeing the results of that practice. I'm in the finals of a tournament in China called Stars War, and I will beat HerO and take victory. Lately, fans have told me that I’m weak against Zergs but through this Round of 8, I’m going to show a proper version of myself. I would really like it if you watched out for me in the Round of 8. Although the mood in the team used to be good, it’s gotten even better since our Coach (iloveoov) arrived. I want to thank the coach and I’d like it if a lot of people were able to see me in a new light through my matches.



Maru – “I was confident that I could hold”
If I can win in the Round of 8, I think it can look toward winning the whole thing.

[image loading]

Maru defeated Flash in order to progress through to the Round of 8, second place in the group.

On the 29th of September at the GOM TV studios in Gangnam, Maru (of team Prime) defeated Flash (of team KT Rolster) in the last match of the day 2:1 in the WCS KR Premier League Ro16 Group D, and became the last entrant in to the Round of 8.

You are the last person to qualify for the Round of 8. How does it feel?

In the match against Parting, I could have won if I had played more steadily. I wish I had on the first series, but I’m happy that I qualified.

Every series went the full 3 maps. Did you anticipate that being the case?

I didn’t think much about it. Like normal, I practiced with an emphasis on the ladder. I didn’t feel any pressure, despite being the winner of the last season. I’m trying to approach the game in an extremely relaxed state.

In the last map you used an extremely decisive strategy. After proxy reapers, you built 2 command centres consecutively.

I thought that Flash had expanded. So, it order to catch up I built expansions (laughter). Even if there was an attack, I was confident I could win as long as I had siege tanks out.


The three commentators praised your decisive play.

I think playing freely without feeling pressure produces these kinds of strategies.

In the Round of 8, you’ll be facing Jjakji. Are you confident?

Compared to the other mirror matchups, I think TvT is more comfortable. Even though the build-order war can be strenuous, I think it’s ok to think of it comfortably. I think since I’m usually the one executing my strategy first, I think that gives me an advantage.

Do you feel confident to win this season?

I don’t know yet. If I win in the Round of 8, I think it’ll be possible.

If you were to rate yourself today?

About 80%. My hands weren’t warmed up that well.

Anything you’d like to add?

I just want to thank all the players that helped me practice.
lolfail9001
Profile Joined August 2013
Russian Federation40190 Posts
September 29 2013 13:55 GMT
#2
Thanks for translations. Well, let's see about you, PartinG.
DeMoN pulls off a Miracle and Flies to the Moon
NovemberstOrm
Profile Blog Joined September 2011
Canada16217 Posts
September 29 2013 13:56 GMT
#3
Thank you for the translations!
Moderatorlickypiddy
FeyFey
Profile Joined September 2010
Germany10114 Posts
September 29 2013 14:07 GMT
#4
oww I totally missed this, thanks for the translation and to the Vods with me !
TAMinator
Profile Joined February 2011
Australia2706 Posts
September 29 2013 14:14 GMT
#5
SKTT1 team members really enjoying the addition of iloveoov, nice to hear
KaiserKieran
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
United States615 Posts
September 29 2013 14:22 GMT
#6
It sounds like Parting has really gotten himself together. WP Parting, GL!
ErrantKnight
Profile Joined November 2012
Switzerland186 Posts
September 29 2013 14:22 GMT
#7
Thanks for the translation, Maru looks like a little monster right now. I'm kinda scared :D
"Quantity is quality by itself"
Noocta
Profile Joined June 2010
France12578 Posts
September 29 2013 14:23 GMT
#8
Oh my god, Maru is smiling.
" I'm not gonna fight you. I'm gonna kick your ass ! "
Fuell
Profile Joined February 2011
Netherlands3111 Posts
September 29 2013 14:29 GMT
#9
Thanks for the translation!

Good news from PartinG :D
fOu/Zenith/NEX/WeRRa/SlayerS
Ctesias
Profile Joined December 2012
4595 Posts
September 29 2013 14:44 GMT
#10
Thanks for the translations.
Flash | Mvp
LockeTazeline
Profile Blog Joined June 2012
2390 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-09-29 14:46:31
September 29 2013 14:46 GMT
#11
Thanks so much for the translations. Its awesome to finally read a PartinG interview again.

Lately, I’ve really improved my PvZ and I’d like you to raise your expectations for my PvZ as much as I’ve improved my play.

I really hope this is true. =D
bertu
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
Brazil871 Posts
September 29 2013 14:50 GMT
#12
The Classic pickup is already showing results for T1!
SEKO SEKO SEKO
Soohyung
Profile Joined April 2012
Korea (South)116 Posts
September 29 2013 15:34 GMT
#13
Parting sounds really confident in his skills! I sure hope he will make it to Blizzcon. Maru sounds so modest and humble, I will cheer him on. It would be great to see him defend his title~
이지은
Darkdwarf
Profile Blog Joined December 2012
Sweden960 Posts
September 29 2013 15:49 GMT
#14
Iloveoov doing work. SKT T1 players thanking him and the new mood in the team all the time and T1 is the team with the most players in WCS KR.
Teams: IM, Jin Air, Invictus || Players: Maru, GuMiho, INnoVation, Ryung, sOs, Squirtle, NaNiwa, Has, Zoun, Life, Rogue, Dark
BigFan
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
TLADT24920 Posts
September 29 2013 17:32 GMT
#15
thanks for translation! Still disappointing that Flash lost though ><
Former BW EiC"Watch Bakemonogatari or I will kill you." -Toad, April 18th, 2017
Zealously
Profile Blog Joined October 2011
East Gorteau22261 Posts
September 29 2013 17:37 GMT
#16
Well to be fair Parting's PvZ could hardly get worse
AdministratorBreak the chains
HolyArrow
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States7116 Posts
September 29 2013 18:34 GMT
#17
Looks like T1 is doing quite well
illsick
Profile Joined March 2011
United States1770 Posts
September 29 2013 18:41 GMT
#18
the maru/flash series was good, maru played the games so well

thx for translation
you live and you learn
partydude89
Profile Blog Joined August 2012
1850 Posts
September 29 2013 19:44 GMT
#19
thank you so much! this is awesome!
#1 Official Hack Fan|#2 Bomber behind Wintex.|Curious|Life|Flash|TY|Cure|Maru|sOs|Jin Air Green Wings fighting!|SBENU Fighting!|
agsub
Profile Joined May 2012
Singapore368 Posts
September 30 2013 16:19 GMT
#20
Thanks so much for translation!
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 6h 22m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 227
StarCraft: Brood War
Hyuk 529
NaDa 49
Leta 10
Icarus 10
TT1 10
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm210
League of Legends
JimRising 752
Other Games
summit1g10182
WinterStarcraft415
Mew2King110
ViBE90
ArmadaUGS43
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1356
BasetradeTV294
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream135
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• davetesta41
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki8
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Rush997
• Lourlo778
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6h 22m
INu's Battles
8h 22m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
11h 22m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
15h 22m
BSL Open Qualifier
15h 22m
Replay Cast
19h 22m
Afreeca Starleague
1d 6h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 7h
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 12h
Replay Cast
1d 19h
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.