• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 05:32
CEST 11:32
KST 18:32
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War445.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Rollback Netcode in Brood War [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror TL Sidebar missing streams Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9575 users

[Interview] 2013 WCS KR S3 PL Ro16 Group B

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
1 2 Next All
Mintie
Profile Joined December 2012
Australia563 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-09-25 13:53:57
September 25 2013 13:43 GMT
#1
Rain – “In the Round of 8, I will show you the ultimate PvZ”
“Lately, I’ve been motivated to play the game”

[image loading]

Rain finished in first in Group B, making it through to the Round of 8.

Rain (of team SK Telecom) defeated KeeN (of team MVP) and Trap (of team SouL) in Group B, in the Round of 16 of the WCS Korea Season 3 Premier League, held at the GOMTV Studio in Gangnam on the 25th.

Tell us how you feel making it through to the Round of 8.

I can only accumulate WCS points by making it to the Round of 8. I’m really glad to have made it.

You showed off sturdy defence in victory.

In PvT, the confidence that I can block anyone’s attack meant that I could play as normal. In the mirror, I came up with a lot of builds but it was a lot harder than I expected. (laughter)

It looked like you were looking to switch up your style.

I realised I should change-up my style a while ago. I didn’t have many chances to show it. It’s just that I didn’t have a chance to show it, I’ve always had this prepared.

In the winners match, you tried to proxy buildings but, you failed.

I wanted to do it regardless of who came up to meet me in the winners match. In practice, I won 100% of the time. I usually do it on a different map, but because I won the first map I deliberated before using it. The result was obvious (laughter)

At the moment, it’s the off-season for Proleague

The mood in the house is incredibly good. We’re all really enjoying the game. Our recent addition Classic is really good so there’s a lot to learn. Lately, I’ve been motivated to play the game.

Any additional thoughts?
For the first time, I’m meeting Soulkey in a BoX series. I’m going to practice thoroughly and show the ultimate PvZ.




Trap – “Today, I rate myself at 60%”
“No matter what, I’m going to make it to the season finals”

[image loading]

For the first time, Trap has progressed to the Ro8 in the Premier League.

Trap (of team SouL) defeated sOs (of team Woongjin) 2:1 in the final match of Group B and progressed in second place out of the Round of 16 of the WCS Korea Season 3 Premier League, held at the GOMTV Studio in Gangnam on the 25th.

For the first time in your life, you’ve made it to the Round of 8. How do you feel?

As I prepared for the matches, I anticipated failure. Since there were 2 Protoss’s, I think that I made it out with mindgames.

In the Round of 8, you’ll be playing a team-kill match.

Dear told me not to come back to the team-house if I come second in the group, but I ended up getting second (laughter). I wanted to meet him further in the tournament, so it’s regretful that we have to meet so soon. It’d be better if we met after we were both guaranteed a spot in the season finals, but we ended up meeting in the Round of 8. Whoever wins through this competition, I hope they’re congratulated.

You beat sOs twice to make it to the Round of 8.

I didn’t prepare anything in particular, and played him with a relaxed mind. In the mirror, the winner is decided by the build-order advantage. I spent a lot of effort on mind-games and projecting a specific image.

What kind of mindgames are you talking about?

Map selection and build selection. I prepared builds that would strengthen the effectiveness of the next build, for the next map.

For the first map against sOs, you prepared a proxy gateway build.

It was a build that I had used in Proleague. Lately on ladder, in my PvP’s, other Protoss’s have been solidly using it. Thinking of that, I decided to use it early to influence future builds.

If you had to choose a hardest map?

The second map against Rain in the winners match. I had confidence in my mindgames and I like micro-based battles so I was able to get an advantage in the early game. However, Rain is outstanding in the late-game so I lost.

In the 2nd map of the last series, sOs attempted an all-in.

In that situation, I didn’t back off because I knew that I couldn’t win by continuing on. In the early-game I knew that as long as the damage didn’t snowball it’d still be viable to go on but because of the damage early on, I ran out of strength. If I had destroyed the Nexus I think it would have been a little easier, but I didn’t identify that.

If you had to rate yourself today?

I’m not sure. I wasn’t happy with myself during practice, and of course today as well. About 60%.

You played in GSTL for the first time.

There’s no big difference. We still haven’t been able to get a win, so I feel apologetic toward the coach. I think that we need to prepare more thoroughly.

What are your goals for this season?

Making it to the season finals is my goal.
Nerevar
Profile Joined January 2013
547 Posts
September 25 2013 13:45 GMT
#2
Interesting to hear that the mood in the SKT1 house is good despite recently losing s2, Best, and Bisu.
c0ldfusion
Profile Joined October 2010
United States8293 Posts
September 25 2013 13:48 GMT
#3
Thanks for the translation.
HolydaKing
Profile Joined February 2010
21254 Posts
September 25 2013 13:52 GMT
#4
Yeah, thanks for the translations. Nice interviews.

Hopefully Soul will do better in GSTL soon...
ZenithM
Profile Joined February 2011
France15952 Posts
September 25 2013 13:55 GMT
#5
At the moment, it’s the off-season for Proleague

The mood in the house is incredibly good. We’re all really enjoying the game. Our recent addition Classic is really good so there’s a lot to learn. Lately, I’ve been motivated to play the game.

That's very nice to read!
lichter
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
1001 YEARS KESPAJAIL22272 Posts
September 25 2013 13:57 GMT
#6
On September 25 2013 22:55 ZenithM wrote:
Show nested quote +
At the moment, it’s the off-season for Proleague

The mood in the house is incredibly good. We’re all really enjoying the game. Our recent addition Classic is really good so there’s a lot to learn. Lately, I’ve been motivated to play the game.

That's very nice to read!


Rain is just happy he probably gets Bisu's old salary :x
AdministratorYOU MUST HEED MY INSTRUCTIONS TAKE OFF YOUR THIIIINGS
lolfail9001
Profile Joined August 2013
Russian Federation40190 Posts
September 25 2013 14:05 GMT
#7
On September 25 2013 22:57 lichter wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 25 2013 22:55 ZenithM wrote:
At the moment, it’s the off-season for Proleague

The mood in the house is incredibly good. We’re all really enjoying the game. Our recent addition Classic is really good so there’s a lot to learn. Lately, I’ve been motivated to play the game.

That's very nice to read!


Rain is just happy he probably gets Bisu's old salary :x

So... soO is happy to get part of s2's old salary;
Rain and Classic get the old salary of Bisu and BeSt?
DeMoN pulls off a Miracle and Flies to the Moon
Olli
Profile Blog Joined February 2012
Austria24422 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-09-25 14:08:37
September 25 2013 14:08 GMT
#8
For the first time, I’m meeting Soulkey in a BoX series. I’m going to practice thoroughly and show the ultimate PvZ.


Rain confirmed HerO student

Cool to see that the SKT guys are motivated. Sounds different from a lot of other recent interviews.
Administrator"Declaring anything a disaster because aLive popped up out of nowhere is just downright silly."
Killmouse
Profile Joined August 2010
Austria5700 Posts
September 25 2013 15:46 GMT
#9
the house is in a good moods cauz of coach oov ofc


ty for translation btw
yo
Koromon
Profile Joined May 2012
United States304 Posts
September 25 2013 15:52 GMT
#10
On September 25 2013 22:43 Mintie wrote:

Dear told me not to come back to the team-house if I come second in the group


Healthy teams make me very very happy inside
Ctesias
Profile Joined December 2012
4595 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-09-25 15:53:40
September 25 2013 15:53 GMT
#11
Thanks for translating.

oov having a positive effect already, I'd wager. Glad to hear it!
Flash | Mvp
GumBa
Profile Blog Joined July 2012
United Kingdom31935 Posts
September 25 2013 15:58 GMT
#12
Soul is actually really good they need a sponsor or get picked up :D
Acer_Trap and Acer_Dear anyone?! Would make there toss lineup from nothing (literaly) to super super good
To all the haters: you deserve to witness many, many more Serral victories, worthy of the godlike player he is.
BigFan
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
TLADT24920 Posts
September 25 2013 15:58 GMT
#13
thanks for translation! Good to see the SKT atmosphere is decent despite Bisu and co leaving.
Former BW EiC"Watch Bakemonogatari or I will kill you." -Toad, April 18th, 2017
lolfail9001
Profile Joined August 2013
Russian Federation40190 Posts
September 25 2013 16:03 GMT
#14
On September 26 2013 00:58 GumBa wrote:
Soul is actually really good they need a sponsor or get picked up :D
Acer_Trap and Acer_Dear anyone?! Would make there toss lineup from nothing (literaly) to super super good

Nerchio and Scarlett alone will make sure this won't happen /jk
DeMoN pulls off a Miracle and Flies to the Moon
Bagration
Profile Blog Joined October 2011
United States18282 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-09-25 16:11:02
September 25 2013 16:10 GMT
#15
On September 25 2013 23:08 DarkLordOlli wrote:
Show nested quote +
For the first time, I’m meeting Soulkey in a BoX series. I’m going to practice thoroughly and show the ultimate PvZ.


Rain confirmed HerO student

Cool to see that the SKT guys are motivated. Sounds different from a lot of other recent interviews.


Rain > HerO

No debate :p
Team Slayers, Axiom-Acer and Vile forever
ThePrince
Profile Joined October 2010
Peru331 Posts
September 25 2013 16:25 GMT
#16
Thanks for the interviews man.

Sux teamkill Dear and Trap.
SK_MC, ST_Parting, STX_Bogus fighting!!! Colossi should shoot nukes and blink.
Olli
Profile Blog Joined February 2012
Austria24422 Posts
September 25 2013 16:25 GMT
#17
On September 26 2013 01:10 Bagration wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 25 2013 23:08 DarkLordOlli wrote:
For the first time, I’m meeting Soulkey in a BoX series. I’m going to practice thoroughly and show the ultimate PvZ.


Rain confirmed HerO student

Cool to see that the SKT guys are motivated. Sounds different from a lot of other recent interviews.


Rain > HerO

No debate :p


HerO's PvZ > Rain's

> anyone's in fact
Administrator"Declaring anything a disaster because aLive popped up out of nowhere is just downright silly."
lolfail9001
Profile Joined August 2013
Russian Federation40190 Posts
September 25 2013 16:48 GMT
#18
On September 26 2013 01:25 DarkLordOlli wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 26 2013 01:10 Bagration wrote:
On September 25 2013 23:08 DarkLordOlli wrote:
For the first time, I’m meeting Soulkey in a BoX series. I’m going to practice thoroughly and show the ultimate PvZ.


Rain confirmed HerO student

Cool to see that the SKT guys are motivated. Sounds different from a lot of other recent interviews.


Rain > HerO

No debate :p


HerO's PvZ > Rain's

> anyone's in fact

Scarlett new bonjwa confirmed.
DeMoN pulls off a Miracle and Flies to the Moon
ThePrince
Profile Joined October 2010
Peru331 Posts
September 25 2013 16:55 GMT
#19
On September 26 2013 01:48 lolfail9001 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 26 2013 01:25 DarkLordOlli wrote:
On September 26 2013 01:10 Bagration wrote:
On September 25 2013 23:08 DarkLordOlli wrote:
For the first time, I’m meeting Soulkey in a BoX series. I’m going to practice thoroughly and show the ultimate PvZ.


Rain confirmed HerO student

Cool to see that the SKT guys are motivated. Sounds different from a lot of other recent interviews.


Rain > HerO

No debate :p


HerO's PvZ > Rain's

> anyone's in fact

Scarlett new bonjwa confirmed.



Gretorp new zerg bonjwa confirmed.
SK_MC, ST_Parting, STX_Bogus fighting!!! Colossi should shoot nukes and blink.
jackslater
Profile Joined November 2012
Russian Federation604 Posts
September 26 2013 05:46 GMT
#20
Very nice! GL to players!
1 2 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 29m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RotterdaM 223
StarCraft: Brood War
Free 742
Soulkey 318
Larva 302
Horang2 229
Zeus 194
Mini 183
Soma 178
Sexy 92
Mind 73
ZerO 69
[ Show more ]
soO 25
scan(afreeca) 22
ajuk12(nOOB) 19
zelot 10
Dota 2
XcaliburYe238
canceldota0
League of Legends
JimRising 495
Other Games
gofns27170
singsing1720
Coldzera 707
Pyrionflax123
Happy54
ZerO(Twitch)11
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick679
BasetradeTV202
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• LUISG 13
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2263
League of Legends
• Jankos2663
Upcoming Events
Big Brain Bouts
29m
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
RotterdaM223
Online Event
2h 29m
AI Arena Tournament
7h 29m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
9h 29m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d
Patches Events
1d 5h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 9h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 9h
OSC
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
[ Show More ]
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
5 days
Online Event
6 days
Korean StarCraft League
6 days
Afreeca Starleague
6 days
Rush vs Soulkey
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.