• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 19:19
CEST 01:19
KST 08:19
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War375.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
We built a tool to spot smurfs at match start 5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR?
Tourneys
ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem Rollback Netcode in Brood War Making an Online Broodwar Manager Game BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7807 users

[Interview] 2013 WCS KR S3 PL Ro32 Group A - Dear.

Forum Index > Closed
Post a Reply
Mintie
Profile Joined December 2012
Australia563 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-09-23 14:27:43
September 23 2013 14:24 GMT
#1
Dear – “I enjoy and feel confident about BoX series”
“Even during Chuseok, I did not rest and practiced hard”

[image loading]

Source: thisisgame

Dear was the first to reach the Ro8.

Dear (of team SouL) defeated DongRaeGu (of team MVP) and Sleep (of team AZUBU) in Group A of the Ro16 of WCS KR Season 3 Premier League, held in the GOMTV studios in Gangnam, to progress to the Ro8.

You were the first to make it to the Ro8. How do you feel?

I really practiced hard. I’m really happy that I made it through to the Round of 8 like this.

Other than yourself, everyone in your group was a Zerg.

I’ve been having a lot of problems with Zergs. However, I knew that I would have to face them eventually, so I concentrated on the matchup in practice. Even though the practice wasn’t easy, I think the fact that I practiced hard through a holiday was a big factor in this result.

Did you anticipate that you would make it out?

Although other players rested during Chuseok, I practiced instead. Trap and Parting helped me with my PvZ practice, and that made it easier than I thought it would be.

In your match with Sleep, you showed us a Nexus in the opponents main as a ceremony.

I have no feelings about Sleep as an individual. I haven’t done a ceremony through my play so far, and I did it with the purpose of showing one.

I’m curious about your goals for this season.

Of course, my goal is to win.

Who do you want your next opponent to be?

I’m facing the second place finisher of Group B, but everyone in Group B is a friend. It’s hard to pick a player, so I just want somebody good to advance (laughter)

The Ro8 will be in a BoX format. Are you confident?

Usually I look at the situation and improvise a build as I go. I also enjoy planning builds, so I think a BoX will be fun, and I feel confident.

Anything else you’d like to add?

I caught a cold over Chuseok, so I wasn’t in great condition, but because of my good luck I was able to win. Because it was Chuseok, it wasn’t easy to practice, but I had a lot of help from acquaintances. I’d like to thank Check, Revival, Phoenix (? Not sure about this one, I couldn’t find who Kim Myung Joo was), hyvaa, SSanaEE as well as special thanks to Parting and Trap for helping me as if it were their own match.
Wudu
Profile Joined July 2011
Austria127 Posts
September 23 2013 14:29 GMT
#2
Parting helping Dear PvZ? Should be the other way around...
Otolia
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
France5805 Posts
September 23 2013 14:32 GMT
#3
On September 23 2013 23:29 Wudu wrote:
Parting helping Dear PvZ? Should be the other way around...

It's all about the soul ... of which PartinG has plenty.
chiasmus
Profile Blog Joined January 2012
United States134 Posts
September 23 2013 18:47 GMT
#4
I’d like to thank Check, Revival, Phoenix (? Not sure about this one, I couldn’t find who Kim Myung Joo was), hyvaa, SSanaEE as well as special thanks to Parting and Trap for helping me as if it were their own match.


Perhaps his SouL teammate (Z)YoungJoo, AKA Kim Young Joo?
BigFan
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
TLADT24920 Posts
September 23 2013 19:15 GMT
#5
sweet, thanks for translation! Dear confident in PvZ hmm. I always thought Trap was the PvZ expert on souL. Wonder what kind of builds he's taking about seeing as we've seen a lot of different protoss builds already. Great to see him advance to RO8 with SK
Former BW EiC"Watch Bakemonogatari or I will kill you." -Toad, April 18th, 2017
iLevitate
Profile Joined April 2012
United States225 Posts
September 23 2013 19:23 GMT
#6
Ah , that explain the soul train
You lose, You learn
NovemberstOrm
Profile Blog Joined September 2011
Canada16217 Posts
September 23 2013 19:49 GMT
#7
Thank you for the translation!
Moderatorlickypiddy
ThePrince
Profile Joined October 2010
Peru331 Posts
September 23 2013 20:19 GMT
#8
Thanks for the translation!
SK_MC, ST_Parting, STX_Bogus fighting!!! Colossi should shoot nukes and blink.
padiseal2
Profile Joined August 2012
Austria721 Posts
September 23 2013 20:29 GMT
#9
Thanks man! Good interview
Samsungjackets on twitch || 강민수 화이팅
krooked
Profile Joined May 2011
376 Posts
September 23 2013 20:39 GMT
#10
For some reason I've started liking Dear. Only Protoss I respect and wish success upon (except stork)
Mintie
Profile Joined December 2012
Australia563 Posts
September 23 2013 22:54 GMT
#11
On September 24 2013 03:47 chiasmus wrote:
Show nested quote +
I’d like to thank Check, Revival, Phoenix (? Not sure about this one, I couldn’t find who Kim Myung Joo was), hyvaa, SSanaEE as well as special thanks to Parting and Trap for helping me as if it were their own match.


Perhaps his SouL teammate (Z)YoungJoo, AKA Kim Young Joo?


Could be! It's definitely spelt Myung and not Young, but it could be a typo on the part of thisisgame.
slowbacontron
Profile Joined October 2012
United States7722 Posts
September 23 2013 23:38 GMT
#12
Thanks for the translation! Great to see SSanaEE helping out on the team already :D
jjakji fan
monk
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
United States8477 Posts
September 24 2013 08:09 GMT
#13
Translation moved to this thread!
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=429977
Moderator
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
OSC
08:00
OSC Elite Rising Star #21
CranKy Ducklings32
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
NeuroSwarm 183
ProTech156
ViBE114
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 12155
910 68
NaDa 18
Dota 2
monkeys_forever354
canceldota160
League of Legends
Doublelift4562
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby3776
Other Games
summit1g4966
C9.Mang0432
JimRising 381
ToD207
JuggernautJason40
PPMD34
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick591
[ Show 17 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 95
• poizon28 46
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP33
• musti20045 28
• RyuSc2 23
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Scarra906
Other Games
• imaqtpie1071
• Shiphtur606
• tFFMrPink 5
Upcoming Events
Big Brain Bouts
10h 41m
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
17h 41m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
19h 41m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 10h
Patches Events
1d 15h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 19h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 19h
OSC
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
[ Show More ]
The PondCast
5 days
Online Event
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-08
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.