• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 21:52
CEST 03:52
KST 10:52
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach0[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon101Weekly Cups (Aug 30-Sep 7): herO thrives amid growing schism10
StarCraft 2
General
Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple How do you feel about the StarCraft shooter announcement at BlizzCon 2026? Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16) Blizzard Classic Cup @ BlizzCon 2026 - $100k prize pool The Death of Cheese: From a Professional Cheeser
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach StarCraft Human 'N' AI League
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 11074 users

Practice Partners (Official)

Forum Index > BW General
Post a Reply
1 2 3 4 5 45 46 47 Next All
BigFan
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
TLADT24920 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-12-02 17:24:39
August 27 2013 01:10 GMT
#1
Update: I'm going to be busy for the next couple of weeks so if I don't add you to the list right away, no worries. You will be added!

Hi everyone,
As many in the BW community are aware, the release of Starcraft II several years ago and the end of competitive BW, namely OSL and PL as well as the rising popularity of LoL as an e-sport in Korea has caused a decrease in the number of players that play BW. Aside from that, the lack of auto matchmaking and the inability to host games without forwarding plugs on routers made it even more difficult for players to play on iCCup. The other option to use was fish but that comes with its own problems to manage.

The practice partner thread in the BW Strategy section was a great idea. You can find other people to practice with or play some team games etc... This can help negate some of the problems mentioned above. The only problem with the thread is that it has grown a lot. As a result, it has become quite unorganized and outdated seeing as the first post is from 2010. I believe that having a more organized and up to date thread will make it easier for new players to find other players to play with.

After much thought, I decided to update and organize the thread. I have already asked the majority of people in the previous thread through pm barring a few(usually banned) whether they are still active and for details if that's the case. I believe that an excel spreadsheet that can be edited is the best method to keep it organized. I can check in every couple of days to make sure that the spreadsheet is organized and to maintain it if need be.

Excel Spreadsheet:
There are 6 different columns in the excel spreadsheet. The columns are in order: TL id, iccup id, rank, max rank, race and extra info. The headings should be self-explanatory for the most part. Rank is just your current rank on iccup. Max rank is the max rank you've reached on iccup in past seasons. Max rank and rank are the same unless the player indicated otherwise. Extra info is the section where you can indicate what times you are able to play on to facilitate easier match organization.

In terms of race, I just separated the three races starting with Terran then Protoss and finally Zerg. Random players are right underneath zerg players in the list. Different colors were used because it made it easier on the eyes. In terms of rankings, this spreadsheet was organized based on rank. In other words, even if you got a B as your max rank, if your current rank is a C and another player is a C+ then they are higher in the rankings. The point of this is to make it faster for players to find someone near their current rank(first is highest ranking for each race and it decreases systematically) and maybe even promote some competition between players of the same race.

New player?
Please refer to update at end of post, thanks.
If you are a new player and want to join, then by all means go ahead. All I ask if that you enter your information in each column following column headings. You are free to place yourself in the list of your respective race as long as you make sure that you place yourself based on your current rank.

Little explanation: If your current rank and max rank is the same as someone else, then it doesn't matter if you enter your information above or below theirs. If your current rank is the same but max rank is less, then enter your information below theirs. If your current rank is the same but max rank is higher, then enter your information above theirs. If this is all confusing, then just enter your information towards the end of the spreadsheet and I'll move it to the right section

Potential problems/Solutions:
Since the spreadsheet is open to editing, I realize there is a chance that someone can just erase everything on the spreadsheet. I see two choices to rectify this problem. First option is to keep copies of the most up to date spreadsheet every time I check it. It's not a lot of work to do so I'm more than capable of handling it. The other option is for me to lock the spreadsheet for editing and have players post in this thread their information. When I check this thread, I can add their information to the spreadsheet. In this option, the spreadsheet can still be viewed but only be edited by me. Both options are fine so I'll leave it to you guys to decide(poll at end).

Aside from that, some people change their names on iccup every season or may go inactive and stop playing BW. Unfortunately, I can't do anything about either of these issues unless the player notifies me since this spreadsheet doesn't auto update.

Prognosis:
I'm starting getting pm's and updating the excel document as time passes. So far, I've had a decent portion of posters replaying back on whether they are playing or not and expect a bit more responses. There are a couple of people's names that I recognized in the thread from my time on TL and a decent portion are in CRTL or DRTL and have a team so I wasn't sure if you guys wanted to be in the list or not. If you guys are still interested, feel free to pm me the info so that I can add you or you can add yourself
+ Show Spoiler +
ghrur, L_Master, don_kyuhote, puppykiller, LightingStrike, Rlentless, Falling
Arca, t0ssboy, ImbaTosS, dRaW, GGzerG, WandS, pebble444, KaiGreene and G5


The Starserver which is going to have automatic matchmaking, automatic port forwarding as well as a bunch of other features will likely go into beta November or December of this year if we are to believe birdie(I don't ) so I figure that this thread/spreadsheet will have a lifetime of 6 months before the server is finally online and most make the switch to Starserver.

Final words:
If it's possible at all to embed the excel spreadsheet into this post, that would be great. I tried searching on how to do it but no luck and I believe only a mod can probably do it anyways. If anyone has any questions, concerns or ideas on how to improve this, please feel free to present them here and I'll answer them promptly. I hope that this helps the BW community. GL HF GG!

Link:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AuOQQasG5xmXdFlOQkxGSkxuMnhiLTlseVF0NTN0aWc&usp=sharing

Poll: Should I make spreadsheet editable?

No (75)
 
69%

Yes (34)
 
31%

109 total votes

Your vote: Should I make spreadsheet editable?

(Vote): Yes
(Vote): No



BW FIGHTING!
[image loading]

Update: After further consideration, I think it's best that I just add the names in but the list will still be viewable. Anyone who wants to be added please just post your information(TL id, iccup id, rank, max rank, race and any extra info) in this thread. I'll add it in asap. Thanks!

Former BW EiC"Watch Bakemonogatari or I will kill you." -Toad, April 18th, 2017
9-BiT
Profile Blog Joined January 2012
United States1089 Posts
August 27 2013 01:21 GMT
#2
Make it editable but BACK IT UP.
kwark_uk: @father_sc learn to play maybe?
dRaW
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
Canada5744 Posts
August 27 2013 01:29 GMT
#3
I don't think others should edit, unless some sort of admin list. Also if you can group them by rank or race it would be better. (i.e iccup ladder system highest to lowest from top to bottom, or split into race and do same. As the list gets long it will be easier)
I don't need luck, luck is for noobs, good luck to you though
BigFan
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
TLADT24920 Posts
August 27 2013 01:43 GMT
#4
On August 27 2013 10:21 9-BiT wrote:
Make it editable but BACK IT UP.

ya of course, I will check it periodically to make sure that it's fine.

On August 27 2013 10:29 dRaW wrote:
I don't think others should edit, unless some sort of admin list. Also if you can group them by rank or race it would be better. (i.e iccup ladder system highest to lowest from top to bottom, or split into race and do same. As the list gets long it will be easier)

hmm I'm soso on the edit part. Want to see what the community thinks as a whole first before deciding on that. Actually, they are ranged by rank and race. The first group is terran ranked by current rank then protoss then zerg and finally random so ya, exactly what you want
Former BW EiC"Watch Bakemonogatari or I will kill you." -Toad, April 18th, 2017
NbSky
Profile Joined August 2007
Canada1023 Posts
August 27 2013 02:09 GMT
#5
do not trust the bw community with such tasks lol
Sandstorm@USEast | The Last Pride [EviL] GW2 | Nb.Sky
BigFan
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
TLADT24920 Posts
August 27 2013 02:22 GMT
#6
On August 27 2013 11:09 NbSky wrote:
do not trust the bw community with such tasks lol

hmm I think I get your point lol.
Former BW EiC"Watch Bakemonogatari or I will kill you." -Toad, April 18th, 2017
Jaevlaterran
Profile Joined April 2012
Sweden578 Posts
August 28 2013 14:08 GMT
#7
Nice collection there! I have 3 questions tho:

Would it be possible to make this viewable from TL instead of a seperate doc? I was thinking some html coding or so. I know there is a new practice partner available when the other "practice partner" thread has a new post. How do I know when this thread has more players?

I know a lot of players only want practice partners who have skype and speak english/russian. Could this be included as well?

I'm not sure spreadsheat is the best idea. I personally believe in just having a thread which is updated with all the active players in the op.
Need a light?
BigFan
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
TLADT24920 Posts
August 28 2013 14:50 GMT
#8
On August 28 2013 23:08 Jaevlaterran wrote:
Nice collection there! I have 3 questions tho:

Would it be possible to make this viewable from TL instead of a seperate doc? I was thinking some html coding or so. I know there is a new practice partner available when the other "practice partner" thread has a new post. How do I know when this thread has more players?

I know a lot of players only want practice partners who have skype and speak english/russian. Could this be included as well?

I'm not sure spreadsheat is the best idea. I personally believe in just having a thread which is updated with all the active players in the op.

Hi,
thanks.

Q: Would it be possible to make this viewable from TL instead of a seperate doc? I was thinking some html coding or so.
A: I was thinking the same thing but I'm not sure if it's possible. I think only mods have the ability to do that and googling doesn't help lol.

Q: I know there is a new practice partner available when the other "practice partner" thread has a new post. How do I know when this thread has more players?
A: I'm actually hoping that the threads can be combined into one then I can update the OP with the new information when more players post. As it stands, the other thread isn't maintained well, as in it has a lot of good info but it needs to be organized and it's quite dated. If we manage to combine the two threads, then the problem of which thread to follow is eliminated.

Q: I know a lot of players only want practice partners who have skype and speak english/russian. Could this be included as well?
A: Of course. If the player mention they only want x or y, I can just make another section or put it under extra info. Basically, up to the players since its easy to do on my part.

Q: I'm not sure spreadsheat is the best idea. I personally believe in just having a thread which is updated with all the active players in the op.
A: I understand your point. I can just as easily make a table from the info in the spreadsheet and manually update the OP. Shouldn't take much work to do. I'm not sure if I can make tables on here though, would have to ask.

thanks for the questions! Hope they cleared things up
Former BW EiC"Watch Bakemonogatari or I will kill you." -Toad, April 18th, 2017
Epoxide
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
Magic Woods9326 Posts
August 28 2013 15:00 GMT
#9
TL ID: Epoxide
ICCup ID: green45project
Rank: E/D-/D
Max Rank: C-
Race: Terran
Extra Info: CET
LiquipediaSouma: EU MM is just Russian Roulette. Literally.
BigFan
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
TLADT24920 Posts
August 28 2013 15:17 GMT
#10
On August 29 2013 00:00 Epoxide wrote:
TL ID: Epoxide
ICCup ID: green45project
Rank: E/D-/D
Max Rank: C-
Race: Terran
Extra Info: CET

thanks, added!
Former BW EiC"Watch Bakemonogatari or I will kill you." -Toad, April 18th, 2017
Me_ToKa
Profile Joined September 2009
Bulgaria309 Posts
August 28 2013 17:57 GMT
#11
Hi!
You have maded a huge thing for us. Thanks!
Can you change some things in my profile:
This season I am C-, not C.
Extra info: Available 17:00 CET ~ 22:00 CET
BigFan
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
TLADT24920 Posts
August 28 2013 20:50 GMT
#12
On August 29 2013 02:57 Me_ToKa wrote:
Hi!
You have maded a huge thing for us. Thanks!
Can you change some things in my profile:
This season I am C-, not C.
Extra info: Available 17:00 CET ~ 22:00 CET

np, changed
Former BW EiC"Watch Bakemonogatari or I will kill you." -Toad, April 18th, 2017
LightningStrike
Profile Joined February 2011
United States14277 Posts
August 28 2013 21:14 GMT
#13
TL ID: LightningStrike
ICCup ID: Stardom(OD)
Rank: D D+
Max Rank: C-
Race: Zerg
Extra Info: CST
May the next light shine/Former #1 Alliance LoL fan/ Current Teamliquid LoL Fan
BigFan
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
TLADT24920 Posts
August 28 2013 21:25 GMT
#14
On August 29 2013 06:14 LightningStrike wrote:
TL ID: LightningStrike
ICCup ID: Stardom(OD)
Rank: D D+
Max Rank: C-
Race: Zerg
Extra Info: CST

added!
Former BW EiC"Watch Bakemonogatari or I will kill you." -Toad, April 18th, 2017
Poetic[AoV]
Profile Joined November 2009
United Kingdom183 Posts
August 28 2013 21:38 GMT
#15
TL ID: Poetic[AoV]
ICCup ID: Poetic[AoV]
Rank: C+/B-
Max Rank: B-
Race: Terran
Extra Info: GMT
BigFan
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
TLADT24920 Posts
August 28 2013 21:46 GMT
#16
On August 29 2013 06:38 Poetic[AoV] wrote:
TL ID: Poetic[AoV]
ICCup ID: Poetic[AoV]
Rank: C+/B-
Max Rank: B-
Race: Terran
Extra Info: GMT

done
Former BW EiC"Watch Bakemonogatari or I will kill you." -Toad, April 18th, 2017
amazingxkcd
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
GRAND OLD AMERICA16375 Posts
August 28 2013 22:00 GMT
#17
TL ID: Amazingxkcd
ICCup ID: Xkcd[win]
Rank: D
Max: D
Race:
Time: EST
The world is burning and you rather be on this terrible website discussing video games and your shallow feelings
BigFan
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
TLADT24920 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-08-28 22:24:53
August 28 2013 22:24 GMT
#18
On August 29 2013 07:00 amazingxkcd wrote:
TL ID: Amazingxkcd
ICCup ID: Xkcd[win]
Rank: D
Max: D
Race:
Time: EST

added!
Former BW EiC"Watch Bakemonogatari or I will kill you." -Toad, April 18th, 2017
Falling
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
Canada11607 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-08-30 19:51:58
August 30 2013 19:45 GMT
#19
Well it'll get stickied here for now although the old one was in BW Strategy. No idea about making it viewable on TL.


TL ID: Falling
ICCup ID: sGs.Passafist
Rank: low D
Max Rank: 1200 or something (but I hope to change that soon as I've actually been laddering.)
Race: Protoss
Extra Info: PST/PDT. Evenings and probably only weekends once school starts.
ModeratorWake me up when Trump's term is finished. Slava Ukraini.
Iway
Profile Joined December 2011
France163 Posts
August 30 2013 20:48 GMT
#20
ahoy


TL ID: Iway
ICCup ID: bm)Iway
Rank: D
Max Rank: D+
Race: Zurg
Extra Info: European
1 2 3 4 5 45 46 47 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
00:00
2026 GSTL: Grand Finals
CranKy Ducklings100
LiquipediaDiscussion
OSC
23:00
OSC Masters Cup #151 Qualifier
davetesta32
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 198
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 11262
White-Ra 264
Dota 2
monkeys_forever892
NeuroSwarm177
febbydoto19
League of Legends
Doublelift5937
JimRising 659
Counter-Strike
minikerr29
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox806
Other Games
summit1g9667
Maynarde205
ArmadaUGS52
Mew2King36
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick378
BasetradeTV195
StarCraft: Brood War
Kim Chul Min (afreeca) 7
[ Show 10 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 87
• Letter143
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
8h 9m
Soma vs Jaedong
WardiTV Weekly
9h 9m
Monday Night Weeklies
14h 9m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 8h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 8h
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d 22h
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
[ Show More ]
Online Event
5 days
FEL
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.