• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 17:50
CEST 23:50
KST 06:50
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup4StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2315
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released RepMastered™: replay sharing and analyzer site Bot on ladder BW General Discussion BSL Season 23
Tourneys
2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8152 users

[Interview] 2013 WCS KR S2 PL Ro4

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All
Seeker *
Profile Blog Joined April 2005
Where dat snitch at?37118 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-08-01 21:48:07
July 30 2013 21:39 GMT
#1
[image loading]
2013 WCS Korea Season 2 Premier League Ro4 Winners

[image loading] (T)Maru vs. [image loading] (T)INnoVation

[image loading] (P)Rain vs. [image loading] (T)Bomber



(T)MaruPrime

[image loading]


Source: This Is Game

Your first time advancing to a finals stage. How do you feel?

I was anticipating a difficult match. I feel so good that my prepared strategies got executed well. I would never have expected to have defeated INnoVation by a score of 4-0 since he's such a phenomenal player. Even if I did somehow win, I was expecting at least a score of 4-3.

You grabbed both a first time finals chance and the youngest royal roader opportunity.

This will be my first time experiencing a finals stage ever since I became a pro gamer. I am so glad. I am even more glad that I get a chance to grab the youngest royal roader achievement. I will prepare extensively and win that title.

You chose to play on maps that you had never used before through this tournament.

I got to decide what maps to use at the scene so I was planning on going for all-in strategies if I won the first game. My plans ended up working out well. I didn't really have a specific set of strategies for each map but I decided to choose maps that were comfortable to play on.

When did you know that you had secured your victory?

I had a feeling that I was going to win the minute the score became 3-0.

It seems like INnoVation's momentum has diminished since the hellbat nerf.

I think he's been on a decline ever since the hellbat nerf took place.

Who would you like to face in the finals?

I hope Rain makes it through. TvP is just a little more comfortable. I can't help but feel that my chances of winning the championship will get higher if Rain advances (laughs).

Supervisor Gerrard kept coming up to you after every single game.

He advised me not to let my guard down even if I won.

The last time Prime had someone in a championship finals was three years ago when Polt was still on the team.

I will do my absolute best and try to do what I can do.

Why do you think your momentum is so good right now?

I have been able to practice in a better environment ever since the move to the new team house. My practices are now more systematic than before.

Anything else you would like to say?

I want to thank my parents for cheering me on until the end, and thank FXOsC hyung and my teammates for helping me with practice.

(P)SK Telecom T1 Rain

[image loading]

Source: This Is Game

You've advanced to the OSL finals for a second time in a row.

I was expecting a difficult match to ensue because I got really nervous and my momentum was not as good as last year's. In my opinion, I think I was able to win because I was able to re-gain my composure after the re-game occurred.

A lot of people said that Bomber was going to win because his momentum was just so good.

The maps were just not good. I even thought that I probably wouldn't be able to make it through. But oddly for some reason, even though all my games today were improvised, I somehow established even better results than usual.

Around when did you feel like you had brought the atmosphere of the match into your favor?

After I won game two. I was able to win this game even though I took a pretty big hit from his early game strategy. I figured that I had brought the pace of the match into my favor with my game two victory.

You won WCS Asia last year and grabbed 3rd place in the World Championship, but you've been very stale since then.

I think I just didn't have any fear during then because I was a rookie. I was feeling down because of the Proleague experience a little while ago, but I think my match went well because I realized that I had nothing to lose because the Proleague playoffs was over.

You started off the series with a loss in game one.

Usually, if I take a complete loss, it affects me pretty greatly. But this time the loss was just so pathetic that I just told myself that I just didn't get lucky.

You won game four because you found out about his secret expansion on Star Station.

That was an expected result. I knew it was a little meaningless since I found his expansion a little too late, but I had a feeling that he was going to go for a secret expansion.

You will be facing Maru in the finals.

It's not like I'm good friends with him or anything but he is a young player and it felt like he was going to achieve some great stuff. I have a feeling it's not going to be an easy fight. I think every situation is just not in my favor. I'm going to see this as a kind of homework that I have to overcome.

How do you think the finals will go?

I am going to have to prepare extensively because the maps are just so disadvantageous. I was able to win all this time by playing the way that I wanted to play but I am going to have to make complete and thorough preparations for the finals. I am going to have to choose carefully about what I want to do.

Anything else you would like to say?

I want to sincerely thank FanTaSy hyung, hudadak hyung, Mercury hyung, and KT Flash for helping me with practice. I want to thank my fans in the online community, and the fans who come to the actual scene to see my matches for cheering me on. Our team's atmosphere has not been so great lately so I hope that my teammates, the supervisor, and the coach will all remain strong now that I've made it to the finals. We have a 2 week break coming up but it looks like my Terran teammates will have to continue to keep helping me with practice now that I've made it to the finals (laughs). I want to apologize to them in advance as well as thank them in advance. I will treat them to a delicious meal regardless of whether I win or not (laughs).



Methods to locating SC2 interviews!

  • Go to the TL.net search bar and type in [Interview] and then search. You will find the most recent interviews at the top
  • Go to the SC2 Interviews/Translation Archive
  • Go to the liquipedia page for that player and look at the section titled "Interviews" http://wiki.teamliquid.net/starcraft2/PartinG#Interviews
  • Go to the liquipedia page for that specific tournament and find this icon: [image loading] If you click on that icon, it will take you to the interview for that group's match winners
ModeratorPeople ask me, "Seeker, what are you seeking?" My answer? "Sleep, damn it! Always sleep!"
TL+ Member
TeeTS
Profile Joined June 2011
Germany2762 Posts
July 30 2013 21:42 GMT
#2
You just have to love this kid

thx seeker!
NovemberstOrm
Profile Blog Joined September 2011
Canada16217 Posts
July 30 2013 21:43 GMT
#3
Thanks Seeker! It's very cool to see Maru make his first finals.
Moderatorlickypiddy
Aeromi
Profile Blog Joined August 2012
France14463 Posts
July 30 2013 21:45 GMT
#4
Thanks Seeker !
https://twitter.com/DrAeromi | Updates on live tournaments: @StarCrafteSport
ffadicted
Profile Joined January 2011
United States3545 Posts
July 30 2013 21:45 GMT
#5
Who would you like to face in the finals?

I hope Rain makes it through. TvP is just a little more comfortable. I can't help but feel that my chances of winning the championship will get higher if Rain advances (laughs).


Famous last words...
SooYoung-Noona!
iLevitate
Profile Joined April 2012
United States225 Posts
July 30 2013 21:45 GMT
#6
bam. the prince called out rain.
You lose, You learn
Apoteosis
Profile Joined June 2011
Chile820 Posts
July 30 2013 21:49 GMT
#7
On July 31 2013 06:39 Seeker wrote:and thank FXOsC hyung and my teammates for helping me with practice.


sC is back !!!

btw, ty seeker :D
Life won like 200k and didn't hire a proper criminal lawyer.
babylon
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
8765 Posts
July 30 2013 21:51 GMT
#8
On July 31 2013 06:45 ffadicted wrote:
Show nested quote +
Who would you like to face in the finals?

I hope Rain makes it through. TvP is just a little more comfortable. I can't help but feel that my chances of winning the championship will get higher if Rain advances (laughs).


Famous last words...

That's what people said when Maru said he wanted to face Innovation. We all know how that turned out.
aintz
Profile Joined August 2010
Canada5624 Posts
July 30 2013 21:56 GMT
#9
didnt even know he would be youngest royal roader if he won, now i hope he wins the whole thing even though i wanted rain to win before.
SAFenix
Profile Joined July 2011
Canada439 Posts
July 30 2013 22:11 GMT
#10
On July 31 2013 06:51 babylon wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 31 2013 06:45 ffadicted wrote:
Who would you like to face in the finals?

I hope Rain makes it through. TvP is just a little more comfortable. I can't help but feel that my chances of winning the championship will get higher if Rain advances (laughs).


Famous last words...

That's what people said when Maru said he wanted to face Innovation. We all know how that turned out.

Rain's gonna have to beat Bomber before he even has a chance to face Maru, but if he makes it past Bomber I'll expect at least a 4-1 Rain victory
mYi.Rain | SKT1.soO
Alryk
Profile Blog Joined November 2011
United States2718 Posts
July 30 2013 22:11 GMT
#11
Been waiting for this all day! Thanks!
Team Liquid, IM, ViOlet!
nihlon
Profile Joined April 2010
Sweden5581 Posts
July 30 2013 22:24 GMT
#12
On July 31 2013 07:11 SAFenix wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 31 2013 06:51 babylon wrote:
On July 31 2013 06:45 ffadicted wrote:
Who would you like to face in the finals?

I hope Rain makes it through. TvP is just a little more comfortable. I can't help but feel that my chances of winning the championship will get higher if Rain advances (laughs).


Famous last words...

That's what people said when Maru said he wanted to face Innovation. We all know how that turned out.

Rain's gonna have to beat Bomber before he even has a chance to face Maru, but if he makes it past Bomber I'll expect at least a 4-1 Rain victory

When will people learn...
Banelings are too cute to blow up
Fuell
Profile Joined February 2011
Netherlands3111 Posts
July 30 2013 22:30 GMT
#13
thanks seeker
fOu/Zenith/NEX/WeRRa/SlayerS
skyflyfish
Profile Joined January 2012
Canada499 Posts
July 30 2013 22:31 GMT
#14
finally, the maru we were hoping for since day1
as1
Bagration
Profile Blog Joined October 2011
United States18282 Posts
July 30 2013 22:41 GMT
#15
Holy shit, Maru is in an OSL finals.
Team Slayers, Axiom-Acer and Vile forever
Paljas
Profile Joined October 2011
Germany6926 Posts
July 30 2013 22:44 GMT
#16
thanks, seeker
TL+ Member
mrRoflpwn
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States2618 Posts
July 30 2013 22:47 GMT
#17
Artosis really needs to stop predicting who will win. It makes it almost pointless to watch at this point. Gogo Maru!
Long live the Boss Toss!
Wintex
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
Norway16849 Posts
July 31 2013 00:17 GMT
#18
Thank you Seeker! Maru, I hope you are a worthy opponent for Bomber. Thy TvT will have the ultimate test.
The Bomber boy
RaiKageRyu
Profile Joined August 2009
Canada4773 Posts
July 31 2013 00:32 GMT
#19
Interviews are so much better formatted now.
Someone call down the Thunder?
Assirra
Profile Joined August 2010
Belgium4169 Posts
July 31 2013 00:48 GMT
#20
On July 31 2013 06:45 ffadicted wrote:
Show nested quote +
Who would you like to face in the finals?

I hope Rain makes it through. TvP is just a little more comfortable. I can't help but feel that my chances of winning the championship will get higher if Rain advances (laughs).


Famous last words...

That is the exact same line people said when Maru wanted to play against Innovation...
1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
BSL: Ladder Tournament
04:00
#2 - $100
ZZZero.O109
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SpeCial 149
PiGStarcraft4
ViBE3
Nina 1
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 14714
Dewaltoss 147
ZZZero.O 109
firebathero 99
Hyuk 87
Terrorterran 18
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm67
febbydoto57
League of Legends
Doublelift3854
Counter-Strike
Fnx 775
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby6032
Other Games
summit1g6871
FrodaN2333
fl0m620
mouzStarbuck414
KnowMe258
ToD202
ArmadaUGS140
JimRising 108
Mew2King52
Railgan35
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1139
BasetradeTV178
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream84
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 47
• musti20045 35
• Adnapsc2 16
• Letter148
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie826
• Shiphtur214
• tFFMrPink 16
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
12h 10m
INu's Battles
14h 10m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
17h 10m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
21h 10m
BSL Open Qualifier
21h 10m
Replay Cast
1d 1h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 12h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 13h
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 18h
Replay Cast
2 days
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Replay Cast
6 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.