• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 19:54
CEST 01:54
KST 08:54
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War375.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
We built a tool to spot smurfs at match start 5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR?
Tourneys
ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem Rollback Netcode in Brood War Making an Online Broodwar Manager Game BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7869 users

[Interview] AZUBU vs FXO 2013 GSTL S1 Group Stage

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Seeker *
Profile Blog Joined April 2005
Where dat snitch at?37119 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-06-22 17:03:04
June 22 2013 17:01 GMT
#1
[image loading]


WCS Interviews for this Week:

    (Clicking on the link will take you to that interview)
  • 2013 WCS Korea Season 2 Premier League Ro32 Group A and B Winners' Interview
  • 2013 WCS Korea Season 2 Premier League Ro32 Group C and D Winners' Interview
  • 2013 GSTL Season 1 Pennant Race Week 12 Match 1 AxiomAcer vs StarTale Winner Interview
  • 2013 GSTL Season 1 Pennant Race Week 12 Match 2 AZUBU vs FXO Winner's Interview



(Z)AZUBU Sleep
(Z)AZUBU Symbol

[image loading]

With today’s victory, AZUBU’s chances at advancing to the playoffs just got much higher. How doyou feel?

(Z)Sleep: Today’s match was really important. I’ve been doing really badly lately so I am glad that I was able to win in such an important match like today’s. If we do get to qualify for the playoffs, then I will work perform even harder than I did today.
(Z)Symbol: I’ve failed to come through for a lot of games throughout this season but I was sent out again because the supervisor believed in me. I am glad that I was able to put on an ace material performance, and I will make sure we win vs MVP next week no matter what.

Your first ever official GOMtv victory ever since becoming a pro gamer.
(Z)Sleep: I didn’t have a lot of chances to advance to any regular leagues because I kept getting eliminated during the qualifiers. I was struggling a lot all this time because I was weak at ZvZ. I’ve been getting a lot of chances to get sent out for official matches for GSTL ever since joining AZUBU, so I think my career is just beginning. I am going to work hard so that I can win a lot more from here on out.

Were you scheduled to get sent out today? How did you prepare for today’s match?

(Z)Sleep: I was scheduled to go beforehand. FXO sent out Leenock for game one so I had a feeling that FXO didn’t have any more Zerg cards in their deck. So I prepared for ZvTs and ZvPs. I pretty prepared only one build order for ZvZs. Honestly, I was feeling pressured internally because I was sent out for a ZvZ, but I was sure of my build order so I think that’s why the end result was good.

You lost to Hurricane and failed to grab more than one victory.

(Z)Sleep: I was expecting Hurricane to go for a macro game but then I got this feeling that he was going go for an all-in as soon as the game started. So I focused on defense because I wanted to block his attack, and I even managed to grab his sentries so I told myself that I probably could win this. But then I was so focused on defending my 6’o clock expansion, that I wasn’t able to prevent his archons from killing my drones, so I lost strength. I thought I was going to win but I let me guard down so I ended up losing. It was really disappointing.

You stated during the last OSL that you were having back problems.

(Z)Symbol: It still hurts a little right now. I did get some treatment but it didn’t heal right away. I really can’t play a lot of games right now. I think I’m going to have to consistently see the doctor from here on out. My back is really important.

You were sent out for an important match even though you were in pain. Weren’t you worried or feeling pressured?

(Z)Symbol: It was a situation where I absolutely had to do something so I just sucked it up. I put on a medical patch so I told myself that I could at the very least, handle two games. I worked really hard to make sure I could handle the pain and not focus on it so much.

You met Hurricane for game six on Red City. It seems like you’ve been looking weak for ZvP lately.

(Z)Symbol: I had anticipated Hurricane to play the certain style that he did today. My ZvP results as of late have not been the best. I’ve been playing badly all this time and I also lost games way too easily. I think he probably expected to win easily if he harassed me as he progressed into a macro game.

You faced sC for the final game. FXO could also have sent out GuMiho.

(Z)Symbol: The race is what’s important. I don’t think the player really matters. I knew what style they would be going for regardless of if I faced GuMiho or sC. sC uses an aggressive style so I worked hard on making sure I could focus on defending in order to create an advantageous situation for myself. I defended as best as I could with my roaches as I focused on scouting around with my overlords.

MVP is ranked one right now. How do you think that match will go?

(Z)Sleep: I think I’m going to have to prepare right away starting today. They are a difficult opponent. Even if we do win, I think that it will probably go all the way to the last game.
(Z)Symbol: I also think that the match against MVP will go all the way to the final game. I think MVP is really strong vs Zergs and Protosses. I am confident for ZvZ but MVP has Super in their Protoss lineup and he is really good. Our team is going to have to be conscious of Super’s presence. I have this feeling that I’m going to get sent out vs Super.

Anything else you would like to say?

(Z)Symbol: I haven’t been doing well as of late so I was a little burdened by the fact that I got sent out today. But I am relieved because I don’t think my performance was that embarrassing. I will make sure I show much cleaner performances and a good form so I hope a lot of people will cheer for me.
(Z)Sleep: I finally secured my first victory. I will work hard so that I can win more games from here on out. I will even harder so that I will be able to secure multiple kills next time. Lastly, I wish Genius hyung would stop playing LoL and start practicing a lot.



Methods to locating SC2 interviews!

  • Go to the TL.net search bar and type in [Interview] and then search. You will find the most recent interviews at the top
  • Go to the SC2 Interviews/Translation Archive
  • Go to the liquipedia page for that player and look at the section titled "Interviews" http://wiki.teamliquid.net/starcraft2/PartinG#Interviews
  • Go to the liquipedia page for that specific tournament and find this icon: [image loading] If you click on that icon, it will take you to the interview for that group's match winners
ModeratorPeople ask me, "Seeker, what are you seeking?" My answer? "Sleep, damn it! Always sleep!"
TL+ Member
Aeromi
Profile Blog Joined August 2012
France14463 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-06-22 17:04:41
June 22 2013 17:04 GMT
#2
Didn't know that Symbol has issues with his back. :/

And thanks Seeker for the interview.
https://twitter.com/DrAeromi | Updates on live tournaments: @StarCrafteSport
aRyuujin
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
United States5049 Posts
June 22 2013 17:19 GMT
#3
LOL sleep calling out genius
can i get my estro logo back pls
NovemberstOrm
Profile Blog Joined September 2011
Canada16217 Posts
June 22 2013 17:19 GMT
#4
Thanks Seeker!
Moderatorlickypiddy
BigFan
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
TLADT24920 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-06-22 17:30:09
June 22 2013 17:30 GMT
#5
lol at the Genius hyung comment, thanks!
Former BW EiC"Watch Bakemonogatari or I will kill you." -Toad, April 18th, 2017
ErrantKnight
Profile Joined November 2012
Switzerland186 Posts
June 22 2013 17:39 GMT
#6
I really hope AZUBU advances regardless of the rumors surrounding them, I was worried for them because San is in Taiwan playing for TeSL. Thanks for the interviews Slasher !
"Quantity is quality by itself"
Pandemona *
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
Charlie Sheens House51493 Posts
June 22 2013 17:41 GMT
#7
I wish Genius hyung would stop playing LoL and start practicing a lot.


GENIUS DONT U DARE GO TO LOL
ModeratorTeam Liquid Football Thread Guru! - Chelsea FC ♥
bypLy
Profile Joined June 2013
757 Posts
June 22 2013 18:25 GMT
#8
omg genius i hope all gets well soon
Bagration
Profile Blog Joined October 2011
United States18282 Posts
June 22 2013 22:06 GMT
#9
So that's why Symbol's been looking shaky recently. That sucks
Team Slayers, Axiom-Acer and Vile forever
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
OSC
08:00
OSC Elite Rising Star #21
CranKy Ducklings72
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech127
ViBE123
SpeCial 70
StarCraft: Brood War
910 70
NaDa 20
Dota 2
monkeys_forever414
NeuroSwarm162
canceldota147
League of Legends
Doublelift4490
Other Games
summit1g6005
JimRising 415
C9.Mang0378
ToD95
PPMD36
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick698
[ Show 17 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 97
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP53
• poizon28 34
• musti20045 22
• RyuSc2 17
• Adnapsc2 5
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Scarra962
Other Games
• imaqtpie1044
• Shiphtur571
Upcoming Events
Big Brain Bouts
10h 7m
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
17h 7m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
19h 7m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 10h
Patches Events
1d 15h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 19h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 19h
OSC
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
[ Show More ]
The PondCast
5 days
Online Event
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-08
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.