• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 09:09
CEST 15:09
KST 22:09
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)73Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BSL Season 23 Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8859 users

TL+ and Filter button

Forum Index > Website Feedback
Post a Reply
Grettin
Profile Joined April 2010
42416 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-06-21 18:27:57
June 21 2013 18:26 GMT
#1
Evening TL! So, now that TL+ is available, there is this filter button that keeps 'messing' posts.

Everyone probably knows what i'm talking about. The post itself is under the filter button, leaving one free gap/space on top of it. While i would probably get used to it, i think it looks bad/amateurish.

So now I am asking, is there a possibility to fix this somehow without much of a problem/work? Would it be better to move the filter button somewhere else? (maybe to the bar with quote, edit etc).

This is an example of what i'm talking about:

+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]


Example without TL+ & filter -button.

+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]


Anyways, thanks and congrats on TL+. I hope it's a success!
"If I had force-fields in Brood War, I'd never lose." -Bisu
tofucake
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
Hyrule19259 Posts
June 21 2013 20:27 GMT
#2
I got used to it and now I actually dislike the space when I'm not logged in. I would miss it
Liquipediaasante sana squash banana
TheAmazombie
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States3714 Posts
June 22 2013 14:22 GMT
#3
I have to agree, I am not fond of the space at all, but in the end it is not a deal-breaker or anything. I do prefer the original lack-of-space. With the button it looks too much like someone just mistyped their post and pressed enter before typing.
We think too much and feel too little. More than machinery, we need humanity. More than cleverness, we need kindness and gentleness. Without these qualities, life will be violent and all will be lost. -Charlie Chaplin
kollin
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United Kingdom8380 Posts
June 22 2013 18:01 GMT
#4
You'll get used to it eventually.
Grettin
Profile Joined April 2010
42416 Posts
June 22 2013 18:04 GMT
#5
While you might be right, that is not the point. In my opinion it just looks bad. I'd just want to know why it is like that and not the way others (me included) have suggested.
"If I had force-fields in Brood War, I'd never lose." -Bisu
Yoshi-
Profile Joined October 2008
Germany10227 Posts
June 22 2013 18:17 GMT
#6
Just remove the Profile link, link the name to the profile and put the filter in the old position of the profile link
tofucake
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
Hyrule19259 Posts
June 22 2013 18:28 GMT
#7
Filter originated as a mod action (I think), and is grouped with where the other mod actions are (warn, ban, etc). It's unlikely it'll be moved
Liquipediaasante sana squash banana
Jacmert
Profile Blog Joined October 2011
Canada1709 Posts
June 23 2013 10:07 GMT
#8
I was just looking to start a thread like this! Here's what I think the "fix" should be:

- Put the "filter" link in-line with the blue bar above each post. In other words, put it just after the username (and before the country, or after the Post count, or before the "Gift TL+" button, or after the # link. But basically, put it anywhere in the title bar of the post, but NOT below it (nor above it) please.

I think the best spot would be right after the Post count.
Plat Support Main #believe
motbob
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States12546 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-06-23 11:32:02
June 23 2013 11:31 GMT
#9
On June 23 2013 03:01 kollin wrote:
You'll get used to it eventually.

This is 100% true, eventually you will hate TL without the spacing. All part of the plan to keep you from unsubscribing.
ModeratorGood content always wins.
Grettin
Profile Joined April 2010
42416 Posts
June 23 2013 11:36 GMT
#10
To be honest, i don't see why it's so nice for you mods/staff members. Sure, you've had it for god knows how long, but you backing it just sounds strange. So whats so nice about it? Why in your opinion, it cannot be somewhere else or the space/gap removed/fixed somehow?
"If I had force-fields in Brood War, I'd never lose." -Bisu
motbob
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States12546 Posts
June 23 2013 11:44 GMT
#11
On June 23 2013 20:36 Grettin wrote:
To be honest, i don't see why it's so nice for you mods/staff members. Sure, you've had it for god knows how long, but you backing it just sounds strange. So whats so nice about it? Why in your opinion, it cannot be somewhere else or the space/gap removed/fixed somehow?

I am sure it could be removed/fixed. Maybe we staff are defending it because deep down all we really want to do is save R1CH some work. Primarily I am defending it because I feel strongly that it will be a non-issue within a week of use.
ModeratorGood content always wins.
Grettin
Profile Joined April 2010
42416 Posts
June 23 2013 11:52 GMT
#12
Alright, i got that. Again, i'm sure people would get used to it and become a non-issue, but in my opinion it simply looks bad and "amateurish". I hate the word amateurish here, because i don't know jack shit about coding or web-design. But it just looks like a case which could be easily fixed/changed for everybody. I do understand why it's there when you are a mod or use the functions other's cant, but just for filtering posts, i'd rather have an option to completely hide it - if R1CH or whoever, decides to keep it the way it is now.

Anyway, whether or not it will be changed, thanks for hearing me out.
"If I had force-fields in Brood War, I'd never lose." -Bisu
LosingID8
Profile Blog Joined December 2006
CA10835 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-06-23 22:00:13
June 23 2013 21:59 GMT
#13
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]

you'd have to find a place to put warn/delete/userinfo as well to make the change you're asking for.
ModeratorResident K-POP Elitist
Grobyc
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
Canada18410 Posts
June 24 2013 22:51 GMT
#14
yeah but no one cares about how TL staff would still be stuck with it.

Kidding of course . I'd agree with the people saying it's not a big deal and you'll get used to it. To be honest I didn't even really recognize the little space until you pointed it out here.
If you watch Godzilla backwards it's about a benevolent lizard who helps rebuild a city and then moonwalks into the ocean.
Tobberoth
Profile Joined August 2010
Sweden6375 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-06-25 10:31:38
June 25 2013 10:31 GMT
#15
Was planning to make a topic about this as well. I'm sure you get used to the space, but it's so inconsistent (since there's no such space at the bottom of posts). It's a minor issue (R1CH shouldn't waste his time on it if it isn't a 1-2 hour job), but I still think it could be moved to far better places. Or hell, add a borderline and slightly darker background in that space, like an extra menu, that would look good as well, and be consistent with the signature space.
Koshi
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Belgium38799 Posts
June 25 2013 14:01 GMT
#16
It looks bad in LRs where there are many 1 liners. The filter option is pretty cool though.
I had a good night of sleep.
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
INu's Battles
20:00
INu's Battles#21
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
IntoTheiNu 1421
WardiTV611
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech132
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 6406
Bisu 2236
Jaedong 1174
EffOrt 503
Horang2 439
actioN 308
Mini 270
ZerO 202
ggaemo 156
Larva 140
[ Show more ]
Pusan 120
Mind 104
Barracks 76
Sharp 68
Bale 67
Sea.KH 64
Shinee 62
Snow 59
Hyun 58
Dewaltoss 51
ToSsGirL 34
hero 30
NotJumperer 27
Noble 20
scan(afreeca) 18
sorry 17
Sacsri 16
ajuk12(nOOB) 9
zelot 8
NaDa 7
Icarus 7
Dota 2
Gorgc3757
qojqva1404
Dendi904
Counter-Strike
olofmeister847
markeloff104
Other Games
hiko734
B2W.Neo439
Lowko373
crisheroes294
DeMusliM218
Pyrionflax187
Livibee148
QueenE89
Liquid`VortiX75
Mew2King59
ZerO(Twitch)7
Hui .0
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream35
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 33
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 3
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV753
League of Legends
• Jankos1847
• TFBlade369
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
10h 51m
Patches Events
1d 2h
The PondCast
1d 20h
INu's Battles
1d 21h
Percival vs TBD
Zoun vs herO
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
OSC
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
Patches Events
5 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.