• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 05:46
CEST 11:46
KST 18:46
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup5StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)
Tourneys
Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released Bot on ladder BSL Season 23 BW General Discussion RepMastered™: replay sharing and analyzer site
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 11397 users

[Interview] 2013 WCS Season 1 Finals Winner

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
1 2 3 Next All
Seeker *
Profile Blog Joined April 2005
Where dat snitch at?37118 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-06-11 01:34:26
June 09 2013 22:03 GMT
#1
[image loading]


WCS Interviews for this Week:

    (Clicking on the link will take you to that interview)
  • 2013 WCS Korea Season 2 Up/Downs Group F Winners' Interview
  • 2013 WCS Korea Season 2 Up/Downs Group E Winners' Interview
  • 2013 WCS Korea Season 2 Up/Downs Group D Winners' Interview
  • 2013 WCS Korea Season 1 Finals Ro16 Winners' Interview
  • 2013 WCS Korea Season 1 Finals Ro8 Winners' Interview
  • 2013 WCS Korea Season 1 Finals Winner Interview



(T)STX SouL INnoVation

[image loading]

Source: This Is Game

You grabbed the championship for the first ever WCS Season Finals. How do you feel?

I really wanted to win the championship for the season finale. I am so glad. I am so relieved right now.

Was it difficult to overcome the reverse sweep loss during the finals of the WCS KR Premier League?

I’m a rather emotionless person so it really didn’t affect me all that much. After I won the third game and the score became 3-0 during the finals today I started remembering the WCS KR Season 1 finals. I work really hard so that I could make sure I kept my focus on the game.

You won with a 4-0 score. Were you expecting such a result?

I had absolutely no anticipations that I would grab a 4-0 victory. I was expecting somewhere around a 4-2. But things went better than expected and I got lucky. I think that’s why I was able to win with a 4-0 score.

What was the biggest obstacle you had to overcome in order to arrive at the fianls?

I had a really difficult match for the semi-finals. I was really feeling out of it mentality wise so it was the most difficult time. The season finale is a tournament where the top representatives from each region come together to play. It was a quick three day tournament but personally, I liked the format. I saw myself as being ahead of my opponents because I was confident in the basics.

It felt like you were being pushed back because of sOs’ strategy in game four.

I decided to respond with vikings once I saw that very first tempest, but things did not go the way I expected them to so it was difficult mentally. But I figured that I would be able to bust through somehow because tempests are so slow. So I focused on macroing.

What did you think of as you were getting hit by tempests? Did you think that you might lose?

I figured I was at a disadvantage when I first saw his tempests. I even gave away my center expansion. I told myself that it was not going to be easy for me.

How do you feel about people calling you the best Terran player?

I placed second in the WCS KR Season 1 and won the championship for WCS Season 1. I am confident in all three race matchups and I’m not afraid of any game so I think it’s safe to call myself the best now.

Anything else you would want to achieve from here on?

OSL will be starting soon. As a champion, I have to make sure that I don’t get eliminated immediately. I will work hard for Season 2 as well and I will do my best so that I can win the championship for WCS Season 2 as well.

Any specific player that could hinder you from achieving that feat?

I don’t think there are any players that can hinder me right now. I think I will be fine as long as I don’t get conceited.

Would you like to say a few word to your overseas fans?

I know that I have more overseas fans than fans in Korea. I am so grateful that they like the ID INnoVation. I will make sure I reciprocate with good performances. The Season 2 finale will take play overseas so I will make sure I can provide fun and awesome games for when that time comes as well.

Anything else you would like to say?

My family is always supporting me from behind. They‘ve really been having high hopes for me so I’m just glad that I was finally able to shine in the light. I am very grateful for everything and I just want to say that I am so thankful for everyone who cheered me on. I want to thank everyone who came to watch the finals and I hope that people will love and have a lot of interest in eSports from here on out.



Methods to locating SC2 interviews!

  • Go to the TL.net search bar and type in [Interview] and then search. You will find the most recent interviews at the top
  • Go to the SC2 Interviews/Translation Archive
  • Go to the liquipedia page for that player and look at the section titled "Interviews" http://wiki.teamliquid.net/starcraft2/PartinG#Interviews
  • Go to the liquipedia page for that specific tournament and find this icon: [image loading] If you click on that icon, it will take you to the interview for that group's match winners
ModeratorPeople ask me, "Seeker, what are you seeking?" My answer? "Sleep, damn it! Always sleep!"
TL+ Member
Harajuku
Profile Blog Joined May 2013
150 Posts
June 09 2013 22:10 GMT
#2
Thanks a lot, much appreciated
Zenbrez
Profile Joined June 2012
Canada5973 Posts
June 09 2013 22:15 GMT
#3
Yay, thanks
Refer to my post.
Bagration
Profile Blog Joined October 2011
United States18282 Posts
June 09 2013 22:18 GMT
#4
Congrats Innovation! Keep on dominating
Team Slayers, Axiom-Acer and Vile forever
xgtx
Profile Joined February 2009
227 Posts
June 09 2013 22:53 GMT
#5
I'm still sad he lost GSL because he's the best player in the world for me
Blargh
Profile Joined September 2010
United States2103 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-06-09 23:00:23
June 09 2013 23:00 GMT
#6
Such a nice guy. So worthy of the win. I'm also glad that his WCS KR finals did not affect him greatly. He certainly looked bummed towards the end of it.

And Seeker #1.
gozima
Profile Joined April 2010
Canada602 Posts
June 09 2013 23:01 GMT
#7
who's telling him that foreigners like his id? i think innovation is a terrible id. go back to bogus! actually, innovation and bogus are both pretty terrible imo.

regardless, gratz on your title. i'm sure there will be many more to come.
Seeker *
Profile Blog Joined April 2005
Where dat snitch at?37118 Posts
June 09 2013 23:08 GMT
#8
On June 10 2013 08:01 gozima wrote:
who's telling him that foreigners like his id? i think innovation is a terrible id. go back to bogus! actually, innovation and bogus are both pretty terrible imo.

regardless, gratz on your title. i'm sure there will be many more to come.

I didn't like it at first, but now INnoVation has grown on me
ModeratorPeople ask me, "Seeker, what are you seeking?" My answer? "Sleep, damn it! Always sleep!"
TL+ Member
theMagus
Profile Joined February 2013
578 Posts
June 09 2013 23:38 GMT
#9
"I’m a rather emotionless person so it really didn’t affect me all that much"

innovation confirmed as an agent. only 'the one', flash, can stop him now
"Give away the stone. Let the oceans take and transmutate this cold and fated anchor. Let the waters kiss and transmutate these leaden grudges into gold. Let go."
rpgalon
Profile Joined April 2011
Brazil1069 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-06-10 00:15:24
June 10 2013 00:11 GMT
#10
I want to see a PartinG vs INnoVation just to be sure...

someone, make it happen!
badog
snakeeyez
Profile Joined May 2011
United States1231 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-06-10 00:17:41
June 10 2013 00:16 GMT
#11
Yeah innovation pretty good. The best series was immvp and innovation where immvp proved he can hang with the best and in some spots even beat innovation.
ZigguratOfUr
Profile Blog Joined April 2012
Iraq16955 Posts
June 10 2013 00:18 GMT
#12
And to think I once thought that Bogus was just some KeSPA terran, and would amount to nothing special. Boy was I wrong...
tshi
Profile Joined September 2012
United States2495 Posts
June 10 2013 00:22 GMT
#13
Innovation best player in the world!!!!
scrub - inexperienced player with relatively little skill and excessive arrogance
patchpotato
Profile Joined June 2013
22 Posts
June 10 2013 00:29 GMT
#14
On June 10 2013 08:38 theMagus wrote:
innovation confirmed as an agent. only 'the one', flash, can stop him now

Well, sometimes his micro is like bullet time.

It's kind of hard to remember that he's only 19. It's easy for a big win and all the hype to go to your head, but he seems pretty well grounded.

Thanks for the translation!
ThePrince
Profile Joined October 2010
Peru331 Posts
June 10 2013 00:36 GMT
#15
Thank you Seeker!!!!
SK_MC, ST_Parting, STX_Bogus fighting!!! Colossi should shoot nukes and blink.
theMagus
Profile Joined February 2013
578 Posts
June 10 2013 00:53 GMT
#16
On June 10 2013 09:29 patchpotato wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 10 2013 08:38 theMagus wrote:
innovation confirmed as an agent. only 'the one', flash, can stop him now

Well, sometimes his micro is like bullet time.

It's kind of hard to remember that he's only 19. It's easy for a big win and all the hype to go to your head, but he seems pretty well grounded.

Thanks for the translation!


yeah. the fact that sc2 rewards this fast-paced, on-the-fly blitz style kind of play really suits him and it shows in his results. i think he's the best at it in terms of execution.
"Give away the stone. Let the oceans take and transmutate this cold and fated anchor. Let the waters kiss and transmutate these leaden grudges into gold. Let go."
TAMinator
Profile Joined February 2011
Australia2706 Posts
June 10 2013 01:06 GMT
#17
Yay season 2 finale will be hosted overseas
Polygamy
Profile Joined January 2010
Austria1114 Posts
June 10 2013 01:22 GMT
#18
I really like his attitude, makes me happy he won.
PhoenixM1
Profile Joined January 2010
United States178 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-06-10 02:17:05
June 10 2013 02:16 GMT
#19
innovation has a way of letting everyone know that he's the best without coming off as being arrogant about it. That's definitely a like-able trait in any champ and I hope he goes far.
=/
opterown *
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
Australia54784 Posts
June 10 2013 02:47 GMT
#20
On June 10 2013 10:06 TAMinator wrote:
Yay season 2 finale will be hosted overseas

worse time zone for us to watch though ;p
ModeratorRetired LR Bonjwa
TL+ Member
1 2 3 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 14m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Shuttle 7069
Horang2 559
Hyuk 435
BeSt 387
Stork 166
sorry 98
Killer 94
Hyun 78
Shinee 71
Pusan 69
[ Show more ]
ggaemo 59
Bonyth 46
Snow 42
Bale 38
Hm[arnc] 33
JYJ 24
Sacsri 12
Noble 6
Mind 1
League of Legends
JimRising 481
Other Games
gofns34659
singsing1912
ArmadaUGS72
Mew2King72
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick686
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream153
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 57
• Adnapsc2 21
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP1
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Michael_bg 3
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2322
League of Legends
• Lourlo1408
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
14m
INu's Battles
2h 14m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
5h 14m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
9h 14m
BSL Open Qualifier
9h 14m
Replay Cast
13h 14m
Afreeca Starleague
1d
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 1h
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 6h
Replay Cast
1d 13h
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.