• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 18:32
CEST 00:32
KST 07:32
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup4StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2315
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released RepMastered™: replay sharing and analyzer site Bot on ladder BW General Discussion BSL Season 23
Tourneys
2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8807 users

[Interview] SPL T1 vs Stars Round 2 2012-2013

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Seeker *
Profile Blog Joined April 2005
Where dat snitch at?37118 Posts
January 14 2013 04:52 GMT
#1
I put up a thread on website feedback that I would appreciate very much if you guys could check out and put your input there: http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=393202

Thank you in advance!

(T)Woongjin Stars_Light

[image loading]

Source: Daily eSports

In a moment of crisis, you came through and took down FanTaSy.

I don't think that I was in a moment of crisis. sOs took care of all the troubling players before I got sent out so I got ready for my game with a peaceful mindset. I didn't even think FanTaSy was that challenging either.

It was already planned ahead of time that you would be the ace.

I prepared extensively for the ace match up. Today's scenario was pretty special. Everything went just as planned. I figured SKT was going to send out FanTaSy after I saw what map the ace match was going to be on and I guessed right.

Thanks to Sin's improvement, your chances of getting sent out have diminished.

I don't see this as a bad thing. If Sin is doing well, then that means I'm no longer the sole Terran player on my team that everyone depends on. We get to share tips on strategies and I'm also seeing a lot of synergy effects going on. I think it's always a good thing when other players start doing well. Regarding this season, everyone on the team is so good that it's so difficult to win against them. My only concern is that Flying is such a good player off camera but he botches it so badly on camera these days. But since there are still a lot of opportunities to come, I hope he does well during the times he gets sent out.

During the middle of the game, you put up three factories.

When it comes to strategy, I negotiate a lot with coach Ryu Won but I also talk to my Terran teammates as I get assistance from the coach as well. The end result is the kinds of strategies I come up with through much practicing.

Is it safe to say that you'll be playing the role of the joker for the entire season?

I don't really know myself. I need to do really well from here on out. I still haven't been sent out that many times. I have a 3-1 record right now but it's not that bad. Even if I don't have many chances to get sent out I still want to secure a ton of victories. Honestly, I am still very much lacking. I always have to prepare extensively.

This season's goals?

I haven't decided yet. Throughout my entire gaming career I always think about my goals, but as long as I do best, things just end up turning out really well. I haven't decided yet as to how many total wins I want for this season.

Woongjin is in competition with KT for the #1 spot.

I didn't expect KT to do well. But they are doing well so that's good to see. But they almost never lose. They're doing so well that I actually said "finally they lost" today after they played their match. I want to make sure that we win our next match and take the #1 spot. We have a really good experience where we won 4-0 during round one. As long as can prepare as extensively as we did for round one then I think we'll be able to make some really good results.

Anything else you would like to say?

Ever since the team transitioned to SC2, we haven't been able to establish a reputation like we once had in the past yet. That's why we're working really hard. We're also working hard on external factors outside of gaming. I hope that we can all come to the scene together and enjoy the game together. I hope that we'll be able to do nothing but accomplish great things in the future.
ModeratorPeople ask me, "Seeker, what are you seeking?" My answer? "Sleep, damn it! Always sleep!"
TL+ Member
Kaitokid
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
Germany1327 Posts
January 14 2013 05:01 GMT
#2
haven't heard much about Light yet, but I like this interview. hope he and his team will secure big wins in the near future

btw does anyone know if there is a way to get replays of kespa players especially of normal practice games or ladder games?
Seeker *
Profile Blog Joined April 2005
Where dat snitch at?37118 Posts
January 14 2013 05:44 GMT
#3
F U PartinG... You joining SKT T1 drastically diminished the significance of Light's interview!
ModeratorPeople ask me, "Seeker, what are you seeking?" My answer? "Sleep, damn it! Always sleep!"
TL+ Member
adan4real
Profile Joined November 2010
United States78 Posts
January 14 2013 05:48 GMT
#4
"I didn't even think FanTaSy was that challenging either"

Ooooh, I like that reply. Light's TvT looks good!
Kergy
Profile Joined December 2010
Peru2011 Posts
January 14 2013 05:51 GMT
#5
thx for the points
Everyday Girl's Day~!
BigFan
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
TLADT24920 Posts
January 14 2013 05:53 GMT
#6
Thanks Seeker! Saying Fantasy wasn't a challenge either, what a boss! lol. Hope to see more of Light playing
Former BW EiC"Watch Bakemonogatari or I will kill you." -Toad, April 18th, 2017
MountainDewJunkie
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
United States10346 Posts
January 14 2013 05:58 GMT
#7
On January 14 2013 14:44 Seeker wrote:
F U PartinG... You joining SKT T1 drastically diminished the significance of Light's interview!

Hello? Invisible Terran, anyone?
[21:07] <Shock710> whats wrong with her face [20:50] <dAPhREAk> i beat it the day after it came out | <BLinD-RawR> esports is a giant vagina
crashonly
Profile Joined June 2010
Finland418 Posts
January 14 2013 12:04 GMT
#8
Thanks a lot for the interview, Seeker <3

"Playing the role of the joker"? Does that just mean that he won't get sent out that much, but when he does, he roflstomps any opposition?
tj341
Profile Joined October 2012
United States147 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-05-13 08:57:43
January 14 2013 13:07 GMT
#9
WJS has the best looking jackets/uniform in general

thanks SeeKeR
skYTosS
Profile Joined January 2013
United States188 Posts
January 14 2013 13:10 GMT
#10
Light is awesome!! Like a boss, knowing he will surely win.
Landu Landu
Profile Joined December 2012
Norway86 Posts
January 14 2013 13:16 GMT
#11
Light is so good! Fantasy not even a challenge haha
MC | Snute | Flash
Otolia
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
France5805 Posts
January 14 2013 13:38 GMT
#12
Ryu Won best Terran Coach in SC2 so far ?
forumtext
Profile Joined September 2011
575 Posts
January 14 2013 17:20 GMT
#13
"We're also working hard on external factors outside of gaming."

Good news I hope
Proseat
Profile Blog Joined February 2012
Germany5113 Posts
January 14 2013 17:32 GMT
#14
Dear Light, next time please show this kind of performance before I trade you away. Much obliged. Thanks. -_-


The Rise and Fall of SlayerS -- a timeline: http://www.teamliquid.net/blogs/viewblog.php?id=378097
LuckyMacro
Profile Joined July 2010
United States1482 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-01-14 23:25:56
January 14 2013 23:25 GMT
#15
On January 14 2013 14:01 Kaitokid wrote:
haven't heard much about Light yet, but I like this interview. hope he and his team will secure big wins in the near future

btw does anyone know if there is a way to get replays of kespa players especially of normal practice games or ladder games?


Had pretty awesome TvZ in Broodwar, was prob. my favorite to watch for a very long time (Flash pretty boring at times )
Chairman Ray
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
United States11903 Posts
January 14 2013 23:34 GMT
#16
Love the interview, Light so gosu!
Kaitokid
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
Germany1327 Posts
January 15 2013 03:25 GMT
#17
On January 15 2013 08:25 LuckyMacro wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 14 2013 14:01 Kaitokid wrote:
haven't heard much about Light yet, but I like this interview. hope he and his team will secure big wins in the near future

btw does anyone know if there is a way to get replays of kespa players especially of normal practice games or ladder games?


Had pretty awesome TvZ in Broodwar, was prob. my favorite to watch for a very long time (Flash pretty boring at times )


ah cool, thanks for some background information
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
BSL: Ladder Tournament
04:00
#2 - $100
ZZZero.O166
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
PiGStarcraft262
Nina 120
ViBE72
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 14245
ZZZero.O 166
firebathero 104
Hyuk 69
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm134
febbydoto77
League of Legends
Doublelift4015
Counter-Strike
Fnx 952
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby5839
Other Games
summit1g8459
FrodaN2232
mouzStarbuck422
JimRising 315
KnowMe237
ToD220
ArmadaUGS130
Mew2King42
Railgan23
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1171
BasetradeTV172
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream104
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 76
• musti20045 34
• Letter147
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie788
• Shiphtur175
• tFFMrPink 11
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
11h 28m
INu's Battles
13h 28m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
16h 28m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
20h 28m
BSL Open Qualifier
20h 28m
Replay Cast
1d
Afreeca Starleague
1d 11h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 12h
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 17h
Replay Cast
2 days
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Replay Cast
6 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.