• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 15:33
CEST 21:33
KST 04:33
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror2[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup8StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)67Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? Sagi.gg Launcher Released BW General Discussion PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9385 users

[Interview] SPL EG-TL vs T1 Round 1 2012-2013

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
1 2 Next All
Seeker *
Profile Blog Joined April 2005
Where dat snitch at?37118 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-01-01 05:49:34
January 01 2013 04:15 GMT
#1
(P)SK Telecom T1_Rain

[image loading]

Source: Daily eSports

How do you feel about winning twice in one day and giving your team the victory?

We were down 1-3 so an atmosphere change was needed. I was able to receive a great opportunity because s2 sunbae was able to win. I hadn't grabbed two victories in one day in a while so this felt good.

You won against HerO.

I saw that HerO was a good player ever since I saw his VODs and watching his stream. I think the game went well because I prepared as if I was just facing any Protoss player rather than Liquid`HerO.

Your overall record vs HerO is 6-0. Is there a reason why you're so strong against him?

There really isn't a specific reason per se. I just think I gained more confidence every time I won.

The ace match vs TaeJa was a MLG Fall Championships rematch.

That was back when I didn't really have a lot of experience with PvT. But right now I am really confident against Terran so I figured I was going to win.

If you had to evaluate the 2012 year?

I think 2012 was a really good year. It's because I was able to establish an unbelievable record in just a span of one year. I hope that I can keep on riding this momentum for 2013 as well. I know I'm going to have to do well for HotS as well. Exactly one year ago, I received pneumothorax surgery so I wasn't able to play the game but I think I've made a complete comeback on my life.

Round 2 will be KotH style. You must be greedy for an all kill.

In the past I was a rookie so the will to win was really strong. But I'm not a rookie anymore so rather than caring about winning so much, I actually care more about being a part of the team's story to victory. The desire to all kill is not very strong with this one.

2013 goals?

Rather than a goal, I just want to do as well as I did for 2012. I also think I should take good care of my health.

With six victories, you are currently the leader in the wins battle.

I had no idea that I was in first place. I just heard it a minute ago. Rather than be concerned about grabbing the most wins, I just want a good win ratio for myself. I'll probably be satisfied with something like 70%.

SK Telecom finished Round 1 with a 5-2 score.

Honestly, I believe that our team practiced the most out of anyone so the two losses are rather disappointing. But if we keep practicing like this, then grabbing rank one should be no problem.

Anything else you would like to say?

I want to thank my teammates for helping me with practice. I want to thank the fans for coming today to cheer us on. I hope everyone lives happily with the new year approaching and all.



P.S. if you've got time, could you guys check out my 100th interview translation thread celebration blog? http://www.teamliquid.net/blogs/viewblog.php?topic_id=390801
ModeratorPeople ask me, "Seeker, what are you seeking?" My answer? "Sleep, damn it! Always sleep!"
TL+ Member
legoboomette
Profile Joined December 2011
England165 Posts
January 01 2013 04:17 GMT
#2
"The desire to all kill is not very strong with this one."- is that what he said or what he meant, because that just sounds hilarious.

Keep up the good work Seeker!
Won(*3*)Chu KissMe!
KadaverBB
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
Germany25658 Posts
January 01 2013 04:22 GMT
#3
The star hasn't slowed you down one bit I see <3

Rain is a boss, eventhough he cost me like 5341 points.
Thanks for the interview as always.
AdministratorLaws change depending on who's making them, but justice is justice
StimiLant
Profile Blog Joined July 2006
United States534 Posts
January 01 2013 04:26 GMT
#4
keep up the good work seeker! =p
zyzq
Profile Joined February 2011
United States3123 Posts
January 01 2013 04:31 GMT
#5
how do you beat Rain now that he's confident against T?
frogmelter
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States971 Posts
January 01 2013 04:34 GMT
#6
On January 01 2013 13:17 legoboomette wrote:
"The desire to all kill is not very strong with this one."- is that what he said or what he meant, because that just sounds hilarious.

Keep up the good work Seeker!


Yeah lol it sounds like Star Wars

"The force is strong with this one"

"The desire to all kill is not very strong with this one"
TL+ Member
GoSuChicken
Profile Blog Joined December 2011
Germany1726 Posts
January 01 2013 04:37 GMT
#7
thanks for the translation!
BigFan
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
TLADT24920 Posts
January 01 2013 04:43 GMT
#8
Thanks for translation! Rain impressive as always lol.
Former BW EiC"Watch Bakemonogatari or I will kill you." -Toad, April 18th, 2017
Ryuhou)aS(
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
United States1174 Posts
January 01 2013 04:54 GMT
#9
thx for the translation seeker!

Rain was super impressive, so strong....

That said, i was very sad to see eg-tl lose...even being a BW fanboy doesn't make me like the kespa teams..

GOGO foreigner (KR/Foreigner) Fighting!
BW. There will always be a special place in my heart for the game I spent 10 years to be mediocre at.
Seeker *
Profile Blog Joined April 2005
Where dat snitch at?37118 Posts
January 01 2013 04:59 GMT
#10
On January 01 2013 13:34 frogmelter wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 01 2013 13:17 legoboomette wrote:
"The desire to all kill is not very strong with this one."- is that what he said or what he meant, because that just sounds hilarious.

Keep up the good work Seeker!


Yeah lol it sounds like Star Wars

"The force is strong with this one"

"The desire to all kill is not very strong with this one"

That was the point
ModeratorPeople ask me, "Seeker, what are you seeking?" My answer? "Sleep, damn it! Always sleep!"
TL+ Member
opterown *
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
Australia54784 Posts
January 01 2013 05:00 GMT
#11
rain still the best kespa player, it seems.
ModeratorRetired LR Bonjwa
TL+ Member
NovemberstOrm
Profile Blog Joined September 2011
Canada16217 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-01-01 05:07:02
January 01 2013 05:04 GMT
#12
Thanks Seeker!

Edit:
Sucks EG-TL lost D: they put up a good fight though and I think they are only getting stronger with each proleague match.
Moderatorlickypiddy
ZigguratOfUr
Profile Blog Joined April 2012
Iraq16955 Posts
January 01 2013 05:10 GMT
#13
Rain is doing so well... Probably the only player outside my anti-team to be doing very well currently.
TAMinator
Profile Joined February 2011
Australia2706 Posts
January 01 2013 05:27 GMT
#14
Good to hear their practice paying off
Meadowlark
Profile Blog Joined December 2012
United States349 Posts
January 01 2013 05:32 GMT
#15
I try so hard to dislike rain, but whenever I read the interviews with him I just can't do it.
''Three bottles of Monster in a day; I'm pumped as fuck." -Stephano
Entirety
Profile Blog Joined April 2012
1423 Posts
January 01 2013 05:38 GMT
#16
On January 01 2013 14:32 Meadowlark wrote:
I try so hard to dislike rain, but whenever I read the interviews with him I just can't do it.


Same here.

He takes down so many players I like (HerO and TaeJa included) and I'm on eSF's side. Still, Rain is just so likable, if he were arrogant and cocky (like PartinG but serious), then I would probably dislike him immensely. But Rain... gah, I can't help but want him to achieve great things (like 2nd place, losing to Mvp in the finals of course).
IMMvp (정종현) | Fan Club: http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=211431
Sumahi
Profile Blog Joined January 2012
Guam5609 Posts
January 01 2013 05:41 GMT
#17
I have never been much of a Rain fan, but damn he is doing so well lately.
Startale <3, ST_July <3, HongUn <3, Savior <3, Gretorp <3, Nada <3, Rainbow <3, Ret <3, Squirtle <3, Bomber <3
BlueBoxSC
Profile Blog Joined October 2011
United States582 Posts
January 01 2013 05:58 GMT
#18
Rain is so good. .-.

But I really wanted to see EGTL win this match against T1... because I'm new to SPL from SC2 (joined up in 2010) and cheering for the foreigner team is really fun.
BwCBlueBox.837
yoshi245
Profile Joined May 2011
United States2974 Posts
January 01 2013 08:20 GMT
#19
Rain too STRONK, wouldn't surprise me to see him wreck face all throughout the entire season. No one on EGTL can beat him either
"Numbers speak about the past, not the present." -Thorzain
ROOTheognis
Profile Blog Joined January 2006
United States4482 Posts
January 01 2013 08:26 GMT
#20
damn 6-0 vs HerO and #1 in wins for PL. wtf.
If you avoid your weakness, it will remain your weakness. www.twitter.com/#!/rootheognis Follow me!
1 2 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
BSL Open Qualifier
04:00
Jungsu & Hasu #2
LiquipediaDiscussion
BSL Open Qualifier
04:00
PRO & GOSU #2
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
JuggernautJason192
BRAT_OK 66
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 15786
Artosis 615
Mini 246
Dewaltoss 143
Mind 75
ZZZero.O 63
Hyun 39
Bale 24
NaDa 23
Dota 2
qojqva2705
420jenkins542
League of Legends
Doublelift930
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby5770
Khaldor1365
Liquid`Hasu1065
MindelVK13
Other Games
summit1g5353
FrodaN2127
B2W.Neo736
byalli624
ToD240
Railgan45
Mew2King36
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1172
BasetradeTV216
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream44
StarCraft 2
angryscii 39
[ Show 18 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Adnapsc2 33
• StrangeGG 13
• Reevou 7
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• 80smullet 22
• Azhi_Dahaki10
• FirePhoenix7
• FT.aCt)Sony2
• niya90s 1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie881
• Shiphtur278
Upcoming Events
Replay Cast
3h 27m
Afreeca Starleague
14h 27m
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
15h 27m
Monday Night Weeklies
20h 27m
Replay Cast
1d 3h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 14h
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1d 15h
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
[ Show More ]
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Patches Events
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.