• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 05:46
CEST 11:46
KST 18:46
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup5StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)
Tourneys
Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released Bot on ladder BSL Season 23 BW General Discussion RepMastered™: replay sharing and analyzer site
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 11444 users

[Interview] SPL Stars vs Team 8 Round 1 2012-2013

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Seeker *
Profile Blog Joined April 2005
Where dat snitch at?37118 Posts
December 30 2012 10:43 GMT
#1
(T)Woongjin Stars_Sin

[image loading]

Source: Daily eSports

How do you feel about winning?

I've recently been on a two game losing streak but today's game went just like the way I prepared so I feel good.

Were you not feeling the pressure from the fact that BaBy was your opponent?

I didn't feel any pressure. I actually felt good about it. It's because if I took down BaBy, it would be really good for my team.

How was today's game?

I was able to execute what I had prepared but I wasn't necessarily satisfied with everything. I had a lot of minerals left over and my micro was not clean. I think only 60% of what I normally do for practices showed up today.

Did you not expect to be in a disadvantageous situation because your build crossed over with BaBy's?

If my opponent decides to go for a triple CC build then that means he won't be putting on any early game aggression. The picture I was drawing was set for the middle-late game so I felt fine seeing his triple CC build.

This was your fifth TvT in a row.

This season, the new maps are playable for Terrans so I think that's why we're getting a lot of mirror matches. I think it's fate (laughs).

Are you confident in TvT?

It's not the match up that I'm most confident in but there's really nothing I can do about it (laughs).

The next match will take place within ShinJung.

I don't think we can blame the tournament scheduling for this. I want to win no matter what,

This season's goals?

I want to raise the reputation of Woongjin Terrans.

Anything else you would like to say?

I want to thank coach Ryu Won for always taking good care of us. Also, Light hyung teaches me as if he was my instructor. I am always grateful to him for that and to the supervisor for never conserving any advice from me. I was very distressed for the break season but caster Yoo Dae Hyun advised me and consoled me so I want to thank him for that. Lastly, I want to thank my parents for always cheering me on.
ModeratorPeople ask me, "Seeker, what are you seeking?" My answer? "Sleep, damn it! Always sleep!"
TL+ Member
opterown *
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
Australia54784 Posts
December 30 2012 10:45 GMT
#2
does ShinJung mean new years' or something? hm
ModeratorRetired LR Bonjwa
TL+ Member
Marou
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Germany1371 Posts
December 30 2012 10:52 GMT
#3
Ryu Won is the former coach of SlayerS right ?
twitter@RickyMarou
FuRong
Profile Joined April 2010
New Zealand3089 Posts
December 30 2012 10:53 GMT
#4
It means New Year's Day.
Don't hate the player, hate the game
opterown *
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
Australia54784 Posts
December 30 2012 10:56 GMT
#5
On December 30 2012 19:52 Marou wrote:
Ryu Won is the former coach of SlayerS right ?

former MMA personal coach turned SlayerS coach i think
ModeratorRetired LR Bonjwa
TL+ Member
Fionn
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
United States23455 Posts
December 30 2012 11:02 GMT
#6
Ryu Won is a two-time GSL champion.

Writerhttps://twitter.com/FionnOnFire
HonorZ
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
France858 Posts
December 30 2012 11:20 GMT
#7
On December 30 2012 20:02 Fionn wrote:
Ryu Won is a two-time GSL champion.



Nonononononononononono

You can't say it's only him ! haha sorry but I will not allow that !
"If you don't drop sweat today you'll drop tears tomorrow"
Koerage
Profile Joined April 2012
Netherlands1220 Posts
December 30 2012 11:29 GMT
#8
he's half of a two-time GSL champ tho, at the very least
wondering if he's training/coaching one of the terrans, all the terrans or the entire team, would be great if we get someone else like MMA again, cuz we need more mirco-terrans (gumiho-esque)
thx for translation SeeKeR!
ACrow
Profile Joined October 2011
Germany6583 Posts
December 30 2012 11:31 GMT
#9
On December 30 2012 20:20 HonorZ wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 30 2012 20:02 Fionn wrote:
Ryu Won is a two-time GSL champion.



Nonononononononononono

You can't say it's only him ! haha sorry but I will not allow that !

But I can't believe that it is a coincidence that Terrans under his tutelage improve a ton...

Thanks for the translation, Seeker!
Get off my lawn, young punks
BigFan
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
TLADT24920 Posts
December 30 2012 16:08 GMT
#10
Thanks for translation. His game against Baby was well played and showed the power of mech although he did make some rather interesting decisions lol.
Former BW EiC"Watch Bakemonogatari or I will kill you." -Toad, April 18th, 2017
Seeker *
Profile Blog Joined April 2005
Where dat snitch at?37118 Posts
December 30 2012 16:10 GMT
#11
100th translation blog ^^ http://www.teamliquid.net/blogs/viewblog.php?topic_id=390801
ModeratorPeople ask me, "Seeker, what are you seeking?" My answer? "Sleep, damn it! Always sleep!"
TL+ Member
LighT.
Profile Joined December 2010
Canada4501 Posts
December 30 2012 17:20 GMT
#12
he says he wants to increase the rep of woongjin terrans.
Somewhere MVP's spirits are crushed
Dodgin
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
Canada39254 Posts
December 30 2012 22:21 GMT
#13
This season's goals?

I want to raise the reputation of Woongjin Terrans.


You're about two years late, buddy. We've already established that Woongjin Terrans make the best players in sc2.
sashkata
Profile Joined September 2008
Bulgaria3241 Posts
December 30 2012 22:31 GMT
#14
10x for the translation. Keep it up hon_sin!
zyzq
Profile Joined February 2011
United States3123 Posts
December 30 2012 22:48 GMT
#15
bravo so cute
SniXSniPe
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States1938 Posts
December 30 2012 22:51 GMT
#16
Anyone else get annoyed after hearing pros always saying after they win, "I was only able to show 80% of my best", or other things along these lines? Seems to be a reoccurring theme from a number of these interviews.
FuRong
Profile Joined April 2010
New Zealand3089 Posts
December 31 2012 06:23 GMT
#17
On December 31 2012 07:51 SniXSniPe wrote:
Anyone else get annoyed after hearing pros always saying after they win, "I was only able to show 80% of my best", or other things along these lines? Seems to be a reoccurring theme from a number of these interviews.


It's probably true though. Just like any other sport, it's much easier to get everything right when you're doing it in practice than when you're out there in front of a crowd in a real game.

Just look at soccer, guys who do nothing but kick balls into a net seven days a week suddenly put a penalty wide when it really counts. That's why you see so many stupid game-costing mistakes, even from players who are clearly Code S calibre.
Don't hate the player, hate the game
Megaliskuu
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States5123 Posts
December 31 2012 06:40 GMT
#18
On December 31 2012 07:51 SniXSniPe wrote:
Anyone else get annoyed after hearing pros always saying after they win, "I was only able to show 80% of my best", or other things along these lines? Seems to be a reoccurring theme from a number of these interviews.


Nah not really.
|BW>Everything|Add me on star2 KR server TheMuTaL.675 for practice games :)|NEX clan| https://www.dotabuff.com/players/183104694
Bagration
Profile Blog Joined October 2011
United States18282 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-12-31 07:35:02
December 31 2012 07:06 GMT
#19
On December 30 2012 20:02 Fionn wrote:
Ryu Won is a two-time GSL champion.



Way to shit on a player's life accomplishments.

A player slumps, so lets not only kick him while he's down, but also take away what he accomplished in his prime. You act as if MMA was the only player who benefited from a good coach. In the end, it was him sitting in that booth at Blizzcon when he beat MVP, and him sitting in that booth in that Game 7 against DRG. Nobody else, just MMA.

Come on man, I expect more from a TL writer, than spouting nonsense one-liners like that.
Team Slayers, Axiom-Acer and Vile forever
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 14m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Shuttle 7069
Horang2 559
Hyuk 435
BeSt 387
Stork 166
sorry 98
Killer 94
Hyun 78
Shinee 71
Pusan 69
[ Show more ]
ggaemo 59
Bonyth 46
Snow 42
Bale 38
Hm[arnc] 33
JYJ 24
Sacsri 12
Noble 6
Mind 1
League of Legends
JimRising 481
Other Games
gofns34659
singsing1912
ArmadaUGS72
Mew2King72
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick686
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream153
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 57
• Adnapsc2 21
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP1
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Michael_bg 3
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2322
League of Legends
• Lourlo1408
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
14m
INu's Battles
2h 14m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
5h 14m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
9h 14m
BSL Open Qualifier
9h 14m
Replay Cast
13h 14m
Afreeca Starleague
1d
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 1h
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 6h
Replay Cast
1d 13h
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.