• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 18:28
CEST 00:28
KST 07:28
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202610Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ BW General Discussion GG Lan Fest Sofia, Bulgaria [this November]
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7883 users

[Interview] SPL EG-TL vs Woongjin Stars R1

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
1 2 Next All
wozzot
Profile Joined July 2012
United States1227 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-12-23 11:46:04
December 23 2012 08:09 GMT
#1
(P)WoongjinStars_sOs

[image loading]

Source: Daily eSports

Please tell us your thoughts on taking two wins in a single day to carry your team to victory.

This is my first time winning twice in one day. When I played, I kept my loss back then in mind and gave it my best.

Which match are you referring to when you say your loss back then?

Last season, I was defeated in an ace match and lost two games in a single day [He beat EffOrt on July 28th, so he may be misremembering this], so I clenched my teeth as I played today. I want to face herO[jOin], the player who defeated me in that ace match, once again.

Did you anticipate that you would be sent out for the ace match?

I think that I was chosen to be sent out because I was in good condition and practiced evenly all-around.

Did you anticipate that your opponent would be JYP?

I had thought that either TaeJa or Jaedong-hyung would come out.

Was your Twilight Council cancel during the ace match intentional?

I had originally planned to go for Blink Stalkers, but I decided to try playing mind games, and it worked successfully.

What were your thoughts when you spotted your opponent's Proxy Barracks during the sixth set?

I often go for scoutless play during televised matches, and I think that my opponent tried to take advantage of that. I kept [the possibility] in mind this time and scouted quickly.

You've already won four times this season. Don't you want the title of King of Most Wins?

I don't have a large desire for it. Last season, our team was in first place at one point but didn't even make it to the playoffs, so I've decided to never let my guard down. I think that [our team] can achieve good results if all of us play our individual roles well.

After winning two games in a single day, your team's manager, Lee Jae-kyun, will likely have more faith in you.

Since I won today, I want to prepare thoroughly and take another win if I get another chance.

Do you have anything more to say?

This season, I feel that our team is quite strong and that our team's racial balance is also good. If you root for us, we will return the favor with good results. I want to thank my parents and fans for always being at my back and cheering for me.
(ノ´∀`*)ノ ♪ ♫ ヽ(´ー`)ノ ♪ ♫ (✌゚∀゚)☞ ♪ ♫ ヽ(´ー`)ノ ♫ ♫ (ノ´_ゝ`)ノ彡 ┻━┻
andaylin
Profile Joined August 2010
United States10830 Posts
December 23 2012 08:47 GMT
#2
Thanks for the interview, wozzot! Go Stars!
"Hard work beats talent when talent fails to work hard." - Kevin Durant
corpuscle
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United States1967 Posts
December 23 2012 08:57 GMT
#3
As much as I love EG, whoever scouted PuMa really made a miscalculation, because god damn. I also can't even begin to understand why JYP was the ace, certainly Taeja and HerO have recovered...? Very strange
From the void I am born into wave and particle
blade55555
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
United States17423 Posts
December 23 2012 08:59 GMT
#4
On December 23 2012 17:57 corpuscle wrote:
As much as I love EG, whoever scouted PuMa really made a miscalculation, because god damn. I also can't even begin to understand why JYP was the ace, certainly Taeja and HerO have recovered...? Very strange


Puma had good results for the first year that he joined them. Lately he hasn't been performing as hot but he was really good for like all of 2011.
When I think of something else, something will go here
corpuscle
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United States1967 Posts
December 23 2012 09:04 GMT
#5
On December 23 2012 17:59 blade55555 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 23 2012 17:57 corpuscle wrote:
As much as I love EG, whoever scouted PuMa really made a miscalculation, because god damn. I also can't even begin to understand why JYP was the ace, certainly Taeja and HerO have recovered...? Very strange


Puma had good results for the first year that he joined them. Lately he hasn't been performing as hot but he was really good for like all of 2011.


He had good results for a Korean Terran that was getting flown to every foreign tournament, but let's not try to pretend that there weren't better players that EG could have picked up. Nobody's perfect, and I'm not saying that EG was stupid to pick him up, but if you watch him play recently... he very clearly got picked up as a result of the 1/1/1 wave, and is frankly not any better than dozens of other Code B terrans
From the void I am born into wave and particle
HotGlueGun
Profile Joined January 2012
United States1409 Posts
December 23 2012 09:07 GMT
#6
PuMa messes up in 1 bo1 and all of a sudden he's awful... He did well in NASL and has been practicing a lot and recovering from surgery. If he consistently looks awful in all his future games then maybe he's washed up. People are reacted rather extremely to a single bungled cheese.
Don't hoot with the Owls at night if you cant soar with the Eagles at dawn.
opterown *
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
Australia54784 Posts
December 23 2012 09:11 GMT
#7
wow what's with all the nice SPL photos, are they the only sc2 reporters in korea who own slrs lol
ModeratorRetired LR Bonjwa
TL+ Member
corpuscle
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United States1967 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-12-23 09:16:53
December 23 2012 09:14 GMT
#8
On December 23 2012 18:07 HotGlueGun wrote:
PuMa messes up in 1 bo1 and all of a sudden he's awful... He did well in NASL and has been practicing a lot and recovering from surgery. If he consistently looks awful in all his future games then maybe he's washed up. People are reacted rather extremely to a single bungled cheese.


He beat Oz (walkover), NaNiwa (walkover), ClouD, and Zenio. I don't really think that's "impressive."

edit: yeah I know he had surgery and such and I love PuMa because I love abusive terran builds, but sorry, he should not be in EG-TL's lineup, and he has really only proven an ability to abuse the metagame and beat foreigners.
From the void I am born into wave and particle
tomatriedes
Profile Blog Joined January 2007
New Zealand5356 Posts
December 23 2012 09:22 GMT
#9
I'm more worried about Zenio- he's looked like the weakest link in Liquid's Korean line-up for a long time and frankly there's probably better Korean zergs around that might like to play for a foreign team.
regizer239
Profile Joined March 2012
Guam327 Posts
December 23 2012 09:57 GMT
#10
On December 23 2012 18:22 tomatriedes wrote:
I'm more worried about Zenio- he's looked like the weakest link in Liquid's Korean line-up for a long time and frankly there's probably better Korean zergs around that might like to play for a foreign team.


He looked frustrated after his loss today, maybe he didn't get a chance to show his best yet
ceaRshaf
Profile Joined August 2009
Romania4926 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-12-23 10:01:51
December 23 2012 10:01 GMT
#11
On December 23 2012 18:22 tomatriedes wrote:
I'm more worried about Zenio- he's looked like the weakest link in Liquid's Korean line-up for a long time and frankly there's probably better Korean zergs around that might like to play for a foreign team.


I have more confidence in TLO for example. I really think he is good nowadays. Zenio has lost his passion.

I am sad for JYP vs soulkey. He had that game. But damn...it's so hard to kill a zerg.
Mess with the best, die like the rest.
blade55555
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
United States17423 Posts
December 23 2012 10:01 GMT
#12
On December 23 2012 18:04 corpuscle wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 23 2012 17:59 blade55555 wrote:
On December 23 2012 17:57 corpuscle wrote:
As much as I love EG, whoever scouted PuMa really made a miscalculation, because god damn. I also can't even begin to understand why JYP was the ace, certainly Taeja and HerO have recovered...? Very strange


Puma had good results for the first year that he joined them. Lately he hasn't been performing as hot but he was really good for like all of 2011.


He had good results for a Korean Terran that was getting flown to every foreign tournament, but let's not try to pretend that there weren't better players that EG could have picked up. Nobody's perfect, and I'm not saying that EG was stupid to pick him up, but if you watch him play recently... he very clearly got picked up as a result of the 1/1/1 wave, and is frankly not any better than dozens of other Code B terrans


Well it still doesn't matter (he also beat MC in his prime in macro games not just 1/1/1's fyi).

He literally had a really good 2011. He was a great pickup, recently it may seem "stupid" because he's not playing as good as in 2011 or winning as much but he was not a bad pickup not at all.

That would be like saying huk was a bad pickup, he had a good 2011 for the most part if I remember and this year he has been struggling hardcore. Would you now say he was an awful pick up?

I mean I could go on and on with examples so hopefully you see my point.
When I think of something else, something will go here
ceaRshaf
Profile Joined August 2009
Romania4926 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-12-23 10:02:41
December 23 2012 10:02 GMT
#13
On December 23 2012 19:01 blade55555 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 23 2012 18:04 corpuscle wrote:
On December 23 2012 17:59 blade55555 wrote:
On December 23 2012 17:57 corpuscle wrote:
As much as I love EG, whoever scouted PuMa really made a miscalculation, because god damn. I also can't even begin to understand why JYP was the ace, certainly Taeja and HerO have recovered...? Very strange


Puma had good results for the first year that he joined them. Lately he hasn't been performing as hot but he was really good for like all of 2011.


He had good results for a Korean Terran that was getting flown to every foreign tournament, but let's not try to pretend that there weren't better players that EG could have picked up. Nobody's perfect, and I'm not saying that EG was stupid to pick him up, but if you watch him play recently... he very clearly got picked up as a result of the 1/1/1 wave, and is frankly not any better than dozens of other Code B terrans


Well it still doesn't matter (he also beat MC in his prime in macro games not just 1/1/1's fyi).

He literally had a really good 2011. He was a great pickup, recently it may seem "stupid" because he's not playing as good as in 2011 or winning as much but he was not a bad pickup not at all.

That would be like saying huk was a bad pickup, he had a good 2011 for the most part if I remember and this year he has been struggling hardcore. Would you now say he was an awful pick up?

I mean I could go on and on with examples so hopefully you see my point.


Yeah, he was beating tosses when 1-1-1 and EMP blanket were the standard.
Mess with the best, die like the rest.
silent_owl
Profile Joined March 2011
Philippines3098 Posts
December 23 2012 13:17 GMT
#14
On December 23 2012 18:04 corpuscle wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 23 2012 17:59 blade55555 wrote:
On December 23 2012 17:57 corpuscle wrote:
As much as I love EG, whoever scouted PuMa really made a miscalculation, because god damn. I also can't even begin to understand why JYP was the ace, certainly Taeja and HerO have recovered...? Very strange


Puma had good results for the first year that he joined them. Lately he hasn't been performing as hot but he was really good for like all of 2011.


He had good results for a Korean Terran that was getting flown to every foreign tournament, but let's not try to pretend that there weren't better players that EG could have picked up. Nobody's perfect, and I'm not saying that EG was stupid to pick him up, but if you watch him play recently... he very clearly got picked up as a result of the 1/1/1 wave, and is frankly not any better than dozens of other Code B terrans


Hence, he is in Code B. Lol.
"If you know your enemy and yourself, you need not fear the results of a hundred battles." - Sun Tzu
Parlortricks
Profile Blog Joined December 2011
United States111 Posts
December 23 2012 13:28 GMT
#15
On December 23 2012 17:57 corpuscle wrote:
I also can't even begin to understand why JYP was the ace, certainly Taeja and HerO have recovered...? Very strange

I think the idea was to rematch him versus Soulkey but instead WJS sent out sOs.
dubRa
Profile Joined December 2008
2165 Posts
December 23 2012 13:33 GMT
#16
On December 23 2012 17:57 corpuscle wrote:
As much as I love EG, whoever scouted PuMa really made a miscalculation, because god damn. I also can't even begin to understand why JYP was the ace, certainly Taeja and HerO have recovered...? Very strange


Puma is under performing all year. Now that he is back to training in Korea, he will rise again.
Sub40APM
Profile Joined August 2010
6336 Posts
December 23 2012 13:33 GMT
#17
On December 23 2012 19:01 ceaRshaf wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 23 2012 18:22 tomatriedes wrote:
I'm more worried about Zenio- he's looked like the weakest link in Liquid's Korean line-up for a long time and frankly there's probably better Korean zergs around that might like to play for a foreign team.


I have more confidence in TLO for example. I really think he is good nowadays. Zenio has lost his passion.

I am sad for JYP vs soulkey. He had that game. But damn...it's so hard to kill a zerg.

TLO struggles in secondary, Euro only tournaments..
EthanML
Profile Joined May 2011
Northern Ireland55 Posts
December 23 2012 13:38 GMT
#18
Why. In the name. Of. Christ. Would you make JYP the ace of that team? Fuck.
Acronysis
Profile Joined November 2011
872 Posts
December 23 2012 13:46 GMT
#19
Normally I would cheer for EG-TL, but I had to vote for stars this time. They're my proleague team! haha. Go Woongjin!
The multiplying villanies of man do swarm upon him.
haitike
Profile Joined June 2009
Spain2744 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-12-23 13:52:49
December 23 2012 13:51 GMT
#20
On December 23 2012 22:33 dubRa wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 23 2012 17:57 corpuscle wrote:
As much as I love EG, whoever scouted PuMa really made a miscalculation, because god damn. I also can't even begin to understand why JYP was the ace, certainly Taeja and HerO have recovered...? Very strange


Puma is under performing all year. Now that he is back to training in Korea, he will rise again.


I dont think so. Puma was never a top player. He only won lot of tournaments because most of the tournaments he participated had few koreans. He neved has won a tournament with top koreans in it.

He only impressed me in the first NASL.
1 2 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
OSC
07:15
Masters Cup #151 Group C
davetesta15
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech150
Nina 138
ViBE88
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 15369
Artosis 428
PianO 18
Sacsri 4
Dota 2
monkeys_forever399
canceldota92
NeuroSwarm69
League of Legends
Doublelift3825
Counter-Strike
Fnx 74
minikerr10
Super Smash Bros
PPMD36
Other Games
summit1g6248
FrodaN971
shahzam543
C9.Mang0348
RotterdaM96
Mew2King39
fpsfer 1
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• mYiSmile138
• StrangeGG 25
• RyuSc2 18
• Response 1
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 21
• niya90s 1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie1119
• Shiphtur620
Upcoming Events
Replay Cast
32m
OSC
1d
Big Brain Bouts
1d 11h
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
1d 18h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 20h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
Patches Events
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
[ Show More ]
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
The PondCast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.