• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 16:19
CEST 22:19
KST 05:19
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War325.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
We built a tool to spot smurfs at match start 5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR?
Tourneys
ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Making an Online Broodwar Manager Game BW General Discussion Rollback Netcode in Brood War Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8419 users

[Interview] Code S RO32 Group D 2012 GSL Season 5

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
1 2 Next All
wozzot
Profile Joined July 2012
United States1227 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-11-01 13:24:57
November 01 2012 12:47 GMT
#1
(T)IM_YoDa

[image loading]

Source: This Is Game

What are your thoughts on advancing to the Code S Round of 16 for the first time in your career?

It felt unreal to me before, and it still feels unreal to me. I think it'll start to sink in while I go back to my team house (laughs).

Why do you think you were knocked out of the Code S Round of 32 last season?

I feel that it was due to a lack of psychological endurance. I was unable to adjust to playing on stage, and I was lacking in both skill and mental focus. But I've grown since last season, which is why I was able to advance like this.

You didn't have to worry about the possibility of facing Rain once he forfeited. Did this help you during your games today?

To tell the truth, I was prepared to defeat Rain twice in order to advance. His fans are raising him up on too high a pedestal, so I wanted to try my hand at beating him. He may have had a lot of momentum recently, but that didn't matter to me. As long as I believed in my own skill, I felt that I would be able to play some good games. But when Rain ended up forfeiting, I did feel more comfortable (laughs).

You showed off some strong aggressive play today. How would you rate your performance?

I would give myself 80%. My early and mid game play was strong, but I had trouble closing my sets out.

You are one of the LG-IM players who have never had the opportunity to set foot onto the Round of 16 of Code S.

I wasn't worried about that, and I just felt that I needed to keep working hard. Since my opportunity could come at any time, I prepared as thoroughly as I could in order to seize such a chance.

What are your goals for this season?

Since I'm in the Round of 16, I want to go to the quarterfinals.

Do you have anything more to say?

The SC2 community ignored me today. Everyone said that either HyuN, GuMiho, or Rain would advance, so I felt the determination to show them what for. Even though I'm lacking in many areas, I'm continuously improving, so please look forward to more of me in the future.

Because my own mouse broke down, I ended up using my manager's to practice, and that helped me achieve good results today. I want to thank Happy, dreamertt-hyung, True, and First for practicing with me, as well as my teammates who came with me today. Finally, I want to thank my parents and my sister-in-law, as well as my team's sponsors, LG Electronics, NVidia, Googims Company, Coca-Cola, and SteelSeries.



(Z)TSL_HyuN

[image loading]

Source: This Is Game

This is your first time reaching the Code S Round of 16. How do you feel?

I'm in a good mood, but I'm worried because I don't feel that my performance was up to par today. Since I have many matches ahead of me in the Round of 16 and Round of 8, I'll have to improve the weaker aspects of my play.

Rain's forfeit gave you a walkover into the winners' match.

I just received notice about his forfeiture this morning, and I did feel good when I heard about it. My ZvP was the only matchup I had trouble with during practice. I did lose an opportunity to play a match against a champion, which is a disappointment.

You showed a lot of mistakes here and there during today's matches. Were you nervous?

That's partially it, but there were other reasons. I don't know whether there's something wrong with my settings, but my keyboard occasionally begins to stop functioning properly. On top of that, I lost the winners' match that I expected to win, which threw me off balance. In particular, I had prepared especially hard for the first set against YoDa but lost to an 11-11rax cheese, which was a psychological blow to me. From then on, I had trouble playing properly.

You have been called the strongest player in online tournaments, but your results offline haven't been so good. What do you think is the reason for this?

As long as I show good results in the future, I think I'll be okay. The issue is my performance during the present. The difference in my level of play between practice and on the stage is large. It's so bad that I make my teammates who watch my games frustrated. What I need to do now is take my skill during practice and transfer it 100% into the booth. It was a weakness that I had since I played Brood War, so I'm worried that it might follow me into SC2. It feels to me as if once I reach the late game, my ability to concentrate appears to dissipate, creating problems for me. Since I know what's wrong with me, I believe that I'll be able to fix my problem soon.

What are your goals for this season?

As a pro, I believe that I need to aim for the championship, but for now, I'll work on beating my opponents in the Round of 16 after the group nominations.

Do you have anything more that you would like to say?

I want to thank my juniors for helping me practice. Revival is leaving for MLG while Polt is going to both MLG and the Lone Star Clash, so I hope they return with good results. Since my juniors worked so hard during practice with me, I'll treat them to dinner. Counting myself, three players from my team have made it to the group nominations, so I hope it ends up being exciting. I'm looking forward to my first group nomination in SC2.
(ノ´∀`*)ノ ♪ ♫ ヽ(´ー`)ノ ♪ ♫ (✌゚∀゚)☞ ♪ ♫ ヽ(´ー`)ノ ♫ ♫ (ノ´_ゝ`)ノ彡 ┻━┻
Fusilero
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
United Kingdom50293 Posts
November 01 2012 12:51 GMT
#2
The SC2 community ignored me today. Everyone said that either HyuN, GuMiho, or Rain would advance, so I felt the determination to show them what for. Even though I'm lacking in many areas, I'm continuously improving, so please look forward to more of me in the future.

Yoda and lowely should form the fuck TL writers club.
Glorious SEA doto
opterown *
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
Australia54784 Posts
November 01 2012 13:02 GMT
#3
On November 01 2012 21:51 Fusilero wrote:
Show nested quote +
The SC2 community ignored me today. Everyone said that either HyuN, GuMiho, or Rain would advance, so I felt the determination to show them what for. Even though I'm lacking in many areas, I'm continuously improving, so please look forward to more of me in the future.

Yoda and lowely should form the fuck TL writers club.

didn't huk rage at them too?

cheers, woz, you > susie
ModeratorRetired LR Bonjwa
TL+ Member
Kasaraki
Profile Blog Joined May 2012
Denmark7115 Posts
November 01 2012 13:03 GMT
#4
On November 01 2012 21:47 wozzot wrote:
[...]
You didn't have to worry about the possibility of facing Rain once he forfeited. Did this help you during your games today?

To tell the truth, I was prepared to defeat Rain twice in order to advance. His fans are raising up on too high a pedestal, so I wanted to try my hand at beating him. He may have had a lot of momentum recently, but that didn't matter to me. As long as I believed in my own skill, I felt that I would be able to play some good games. But when Rain ended up forfeiting, I did feel more comfortable (laughs).
[...]
Do you have anything more to say?

The SC2 community ignored me today. Everyone said that either HyuN, GuMiho, or Rain would advance, so I felt the determination to show them what for. Even though I'm lacking in many areas, I'm continuously improving, so please look forward to more of me in the future.

Because my own mouse broke down, I ended up using my manager's to practice, and that helped me achieve good results today. I want to thank Happy, dreamertt-hyung, True, and First for practicing with me, as well as my teammates who came with me today. Finally, I want to thank my parents and my sister-in-law, as well as my team's sponsors, LG Electronics, NVidia, Googims Company, Coca-Cola, and SteelSeries.




YoDa 100% certified badass. :p "Rain? Meh, I'll beat him using a different mouse."

The plot thickens. I think Rain was too scared to face YoDa today, that's why he fled to Dallas.
Seeker *
Profile Blog Joined April 2005
Where dat snitch at?37119 Posts
November 01 2012 13:04 GMT
#5
Sighs....

I was on the last question too....
ModeratorPeople ask me, "Seeker, what are you seeking?" My answer? "Sleep, damn it! Always sleep!"
TL+ Member
zerious
Profile Joined August 2010
Canada3803 Posts
November 01 2012 13:06 GMT
#6
YODA AND RAIN RIVALRY
ACrow
Profile Joined October 2011
Germany6583 Posts
November 01 2012 13:13 GMT
#7
Thanks! I appreciate all the work of you talented translators, why don't you split up the work beforehand so you don't do double the work, we don't want you guys to get frustrated.
<3 SeeKer, wozzot, storywriter...

Yoda seems to gain confidence, maybe he proves MVP right after all.
Get off my lawn, young punks
Shellshock
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States97277 Posts
November 01 2012 13:13 GMT
#8
On November 01 2012 22:02 opterown wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 01 2012 21:51 Fusilero wrote:
The SC2 community ignored me today. Everyone said that either HyuN, GuMiho, or Rain would advance, so I felt the determination to show them what for. Even though I'm lacking in many areas, I'm continuously improving, so please look forward to more of me in the future.

Yoda and lowely should form the fuck TL writers club.

didn't huk rage at them too?

cheers, woz, you > susie

Huk jokingly said "fuck fionn" because he said Fionn always picked against him
Moderatorhttp://i.imgur.com/U4xwqmD.png
TL+ Member
ACrow
Profile Joined October 2011
Germany6583 Posts
November 01 2012 13:18 GMT
#9
On November 01 2012 22:13 Shellshock1122 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 01 2012 22:02 opterown wrote:
On November 01 2012 21:51 Fusilero wrote:
The SC2 community ignored me today. Everyone said that either HyuN, GuMiho, or Rain would advance, so I felt the determination to show them what for. Even though I'm lacking in many areas, I'm continuously improving, so please look forward to more of me in the future.

Yoda and lowely should form the fuck TL writers club.

didn't huk rage at them too?

cheers, woz, you > susie

Huk jokingly said "fuck fionn" because he said Fionn always picked against him

He should thank him for cursing his opponents then.
Get off my lawn, young punks
Proseat
Profile Blog Joined February 2012
Germany5113 Posts
November 01 2012 13:38 GMT
#10
To tell the truth, I was prepared to defeat Rain twice in order to advance. His fans are raising him up on too high a pedestal, so I wanted to try my hand at beating him. He may have had a lot of momentum recently, but that didn't matter to me.

Yoda telling it like it is. Well done.

Thanks for the translation!
The Rise and Fall of SlayerS -- a timeline: http://www.teamliquid.net/blogs/viewblog.php?id=378097
AgentChaos
Profile Joined July 2011
United Kingdom4569 Posts
November 01 2012 13:44 GMT
#11
Yoda the best im player advance!!!!
IM & EG supporter
Hall0wed
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
United States8486 Posts
November 01 2012 13:52 GMT
#12
Yoda > Rain, don't forget it.
♦ My Life for BESTie ♦ 류세라 = 배 ♦
Taefox
Profile Joined March 2010
1533 Posts
November 01 2012 14:00 GMT
#13
YoDa called it the rival against Rain xDDDDD

Terran pride`
@taefoxy
andaylin
Profile Joined August 2010
United States10830 Posts
November 01 2012 14:11 GMT
#14
Yoda sure talks big after having avoided Rain. Would have loved to see him get stomped
"Hard work beats talent when talent fails to work hard." - Kevin Durant
Darkthorn
Profile Joined September 2010
Romania912 Posts
November 01 2012 14:15 GMT
#15
Belive it or not, Yoda will pull an IMSeed and win this GSL =))
Dodgin
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
Canada39254 Posts
November 01 2012 15:51 GMT
#16
On November 01 2012 22:04 SeeKeR wrote:
Sighs....

I was on the last question too....


There's always next time Susie.
Stancel
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
Singapore15360 Posts
November 01 2012 17:08 GMT
#17
On November 01 2012 22:06 zerious wrote:
YODA AND RAIN RIVALRY


+ wozzot and Seeker rivalry
ffxiv enjoyer
Kasaraki
Profile Blog Joined May 2012
Denmark7115 Posts
November 01 2012 17:28 GMT
#18
On November 02 2012 02:08 DoNotDisturb wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 01 2012 22:06 zerious wrote:
YODA AND RAIN RIVALRY


+ wozzot and Seeker rivalry


:D

Wossie and Susie. <3

SHOOG
Profile Blog Joined December 2011
United States1639 Posts
November 01 2012 17:33 GMT
#19
I'm gonna have to go Rain over Yoda if they ever get to go against each other again!
NovemberstOrm
Profile Blog Joined September 2011
Canada16217 Posts
November 01 2012 17:36 GMT
#20
Thanks for the translations!
Moderatorlickypiddy
1 2 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 2h 42m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 612
ProTech166
UpATreeSC 82
ZombieGrub56
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 15324
Calm 2782
Mini 250
Mind 76
910 69
soO 38
Dota 2
Gorgc6633
monkeys_forever76
canceldota58
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby4089
Other Games
fl0m1740
summit1g1040
FrodaN820
olofmeister741
Liquid`Hasu352
Livibee189
C9.Mang0182
IndyStarCraft 141
Organizations
StarCraft 2
angryscii 8
[ Show 19 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Adnapsc2 17
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• blackmanpl 44
• FirePhoenix13
• Michael_bg 3
• niya90s 1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• masondota2754
• WagamamaTV404
Other Games
• imaqtpie941
• Shiphtur672
• Scarra637
• tFFMrPink 14
Upcoming Events
OSC
2h 42m
Big Brain Bouts
13h 42m
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
20h 42m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
22h 42m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 13h
Patches Events
1d 18h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 22h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 22h
OSC
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
[ Show More ]
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
5 days
Online Event
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-08
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.