• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 07:57
CEST 13:57
KST 20:57
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)76Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Bot on ladder BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8260 users

[Interview] WCS WR5/LR4 Winners

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
1 2 Next All
Seeker *
Profile Blog Joined April 2005
Where dat snitch at?37118 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-08-23 20:48:38
August 23 2012 18:52 GMT
#1
NOTE: Much love and thanks to Weirdkid. He did the translations as well so I was able to compare mine and his and correct some things. Today's translations were a result of a joint project between him and me so please don't forget to show him love

Squirtle's interview was also done entirely by him with only a couple of edits from me.



(P)StarTale_PartinG

[image loading]

Source: This Is Game

You were the first one to advance in to the finals.

I am more than thrilled that I defeated the Protoss player that was on most form and current GSL champion Seed hyung. Of course I also feel a little down that I had to beat someone I'm good friends with. But my joy is bigger right now.

In game one, you were very aggressive with your harassments.

PvPs are not about the amount of practice you put in but the amount of thought you put in. That's why for today, compared to the other match ups that I normally I prepare for, I practiced a very small amount for today's match up. But out of all the opponents I had prepared for, Seed hyung was definitely the most stressful opponent and I had no confidence in myself. Lately these days, my confidence for PvPs seem to just find me all of a sudden. I was thinking of my build orders as I was riding the car over to the studio and I decided to implement them while believing in myself.

Game two ended with a huge final battle.

I tend to think about all the PvPs I had lost in the past and how crucial that final battle timing was. I was also thinking about final battle timing during today's game two. I think today, that timing that's been on my mind for a really long time finally worked itself out. I'm satisfied within myself and I am proud of my victory.

The finals is going to be a PvP. Who would you prefer to face that would be easier?

I never thought to myself that there was someone easy while participating in this tournament. Aside from the KeSPA Terrans, I even considered the KeSPA players a threat. While it's true that the finals will be difficult regardless of who advances, I would like it my fellow teammate and hyung Squirtle, advanced. There is a reason. In the GSL season 2, if I had made it to the finals and hadn't lost to Mvp, I would've faced Squirtle hyung in the finals. I even had build orders all planned out to use against Squirtle hyung. So since I missed my chance last time, I want Squirtle hyung to advance so that I can use it this time and get recognition for it by him.

You became a star during the OSL Group Nominations.

I honestly can't say that I did that by myself. I want to thank all the participants from the OSL nominations. I was able to get the spotlight for the fans, and I was able to correct my dirty image I had been known for so I am relieved about that. (referring to the time he said that he was going to go to the finals since Terrans are so easy and that he was going to walk over Mvp, only to get roflstomped by Mvp) It was something I had been wanting to say those things for a while now and I'm glad I did. I'm also glad that a lot of people have found interest in me ever since the OSL nominations. I want to thank all the people who said nice things about me. If not for anyone but for those people, I want to keep performing well and show great games for those people who dedicated their time to cheering for me.

Anything else you would like to say?

I want to thank AcE hyung, Avenge, San, and MC for helping me with practice. I want to thank our sponsors BenQ, ZOWIE Gear, Joy Gear, and Red Bull. I get to play against BaBy next week so I am really excited for that match up. I've been wanting to play against the KeSPA players and now thanks to the OSL, I finally get the opportunity to. I became friends with BaBy on facebook so we're going to be seeing each other more frequently from now on. I hope we can drop addressing each other formally and become good friends. I don't know when that will be but I want to help him if he ever needs help for TvPs.

(P)StarTale_Squirtle

[image loading]

Source: This Is Game

Q: How does it feel to advance to the finals of the winner bracket so easily?
A: I never expected to be able to win so easily. Even now, I still can't believe that I won so easily.

Q: Did you prepare the strategy for the first game beforehand?
A: Of course it was prepared. It was a strategy that was prepared and tailored against my opponent. My opponent is very confident in his fundamentals, so I thought that he would use strategies that will play to his strengths, and I prepared the strategy in the first game against that point.

Q: In the second game, you won through defense.
A: In the second game, it was a strategy that would have held and put me in a good position regardless of whether my opponent would expand or attack. When I saw him attacking, I panicked a little, but I think I defended pretty nicely.

Q: Your opponent in the finals is your junior in the team, Parting.
A: In the past GSL Code S, because of Parting's slip up, we weren't able to meet in the finals. We're finally able to play against each other this time, and I plan not to give myself too much pressure, and to play it as if it were a normal practice game since we don't really have much time to practise. But I will still go into the games with a mentality of wanting to win the games.

Q: Are you also hoping to win the tournament and go straight to the WCS?
A: I've had such a thought ever since I made it to the semifinals. To be honest, all I knew was that my opponent today was a strong one, and I was unsure about everything else. The other players also said that the opponent was a really strong one. But including online tournaments, I've played him quite a few times, and I've basically won all the time, and so I was confident of defeating him. Now, since I already made it to the finals, I really do want to win the entire tournament.

Q: Who do you think is your greatest stumbling block on the way to winning the finals?
A: That'd still be Parting, for no other reason other than he's been playing really really well recently. Even though the other players are really good too, but I feel that as long as I can defeat Parting, there's really nothing much for me to worry about.

Q: Any last things to add?
A: I want to thank Ace hyung and Avenge. I will probably have to treat them after eturning to the team house. I also want to thank our sponsors, Red Bull, BenQ, ZowieGear and JoyGear. Lastly, I would like to say that I heard today that Violet from KT passed away from leukemia. Back in the days when I was just an amateur, I would watch his games and just yearn to play Protoss. My heart ached even more because a Protoss player I liked had to pass away. I hope he rests in peace.

(Z)Samsung KHAN_RorO

[image loading]

Source: This Is Game

You managed to survive another round in the losers' bracket. How do you feel?

Since there were so many Protoss players still alive in this tournament I really wanted to defeat one today. The opponent was herO[jOin] so I wasn't feeling very good about my win but I'm glad that I get to see one less Protoss from here on out.

In game one, you made a comeback in a game that you had pretty much lost.

In the beginning, I was able to get ahead a lot with my aggression so I was in a good spot but then I got too carefree and ended up losing my army and my chance to finish it off. But thankfully, I don't think herO didn't exactly know how big my army was at the end so he made some wrong decisions.

Was the zergling/baneling all in in game two a pre-planned build?

I had almost no time to prepare after my games from yesterday. I had to prepare for ProLeague so I was given that build from another Zerg player.

Your overlord bait worked really well.

It all depends on the scenario so I was worried whether or not this would work even after I was taught the build order yesterday. I decided to just go for it since I won game one anyways but I think herO fell for it too easily since he had no prior experiences.

In the round six of the losers' bracket, you will faced Seed. What do you think will happen?

He's a really strong player so I think it's going to be difficult. But since I am the only remaining Zerg player my goal is to just drop as many Protoss players as I can manage. In order to show the fierce fighting spirit of the Zergs, I will keep playing my best until the last possible minute.

You are the only Zerg representative. Do you feel any burden by that?

I don't feel any. I'm just so happy that I get to go play in China. It's my first foreign trip. I even plan on getting a passport. I think it's going to be a great experience for me since I'll be playing and spectating as well.

Today it was revealed that KeSPA players would not be participating in the GSL qualifiers. What are your thoughts on this?

The players don't really know the underlying reasons so we just followed orders. Personally, I think it's a real shame.

Anything else you would like to say?

I want to tell herO I am sorry I had to beat him. But I want him to know that I love him and am going to buy him something yummy so I am hoping that he lets go of any negative feelings.
ModeratorPeople ask me, "Seeker, what are you seeking?" My answer? "Sleep, damn it! Always sleep!"
TL+ Member
ACrow
Profile Joined October 2011
Germany6583 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-08-23 19:02:02
August 23 2012 19:01 GMT
#2
You are a scholar and gentleman, dear Mr.Seeker (Edit: and Weirdkid, too). Thank you!
Get off my lawn, young punks
GumBa
Profile Blog Joined July 2012
United Kingdom31935 Posts
August 23 2012 19:01 GMT
#3
Sick! thx for the interviews

and ahhhh Squirtle is sad that Violet passed away like pretty much everybody on TL
To all the haters: you deserve to witness many, many more Serral victories, worthy of the godlike player he is.
Gorlin
Profile Joined November 2010
United States2753 Posts
August 23 2012 19:06 GMT
#4
That's funny, I guess Parting and Baby are friendlier with each other than I thought. Parting's overconfidence pissed me off a lot in season 2, glad he's changed a bit
Thanks for the translations Seeker and WeirdKid. Just curious, where has Storywriter been?
babylon
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
8765 Posts
August 23 2012 19:07 GMT
#5
What did Parting do in the OSL group nominations? Must've missed that.

Thanks for translations.
DrakeFZX3
Profile Joined October 2010
United States925 Posts
August 23 2012 19:08 GMT
#6
On August 24 2012 04:07 babylon wrote:
What did Parting do in the OSL group nominations? Must've missed that.

Thanks for translations.


Had hilarious back and forth banter with BaBy and MVP.

Also, Parting was hilariously BMing July while on the Podium. Of course it was all tongue-in-cheek and he offered to take July out for food.
Incomplet
Profile Blog Joined September 2011
United Kingdom1419 Posts
August 23 2012 19:13 GMT
#7
The Korean children of Aiur are a force to be reckoned with.
Bow down to the sons of Aiur...SKT1_Rain, CreatorPrime, ST_Parting, Liquid_Hero.
Seeker *
Profile Blog Joined April 2005
Where dat snitch at?37118 Posts
August 23 2012 19:17 GMT
#8
On August 24 2012 04:07 babylon wrote:
What did Parting do in the OSL group nominations? Must've missed that.

Thanks for translations.

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=362273

Here you go ^^
ModeratorPeople ask me, "Seeker, what are you seeking?" My answer? "Sleep, damn it! Always sleep!"
TL+ Member
ACrow
Profile Joined October 2011
Germany6583 Posts
August 23 2012 19:20 GMT
#9
Does anyone else find it strange that MC practiced with Parting instead of with Seed? He is practicing at the IM house after all, isn't he?
Get off my lawn, young punks
babylon
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
8765 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-08-23 19:21:33
August 23 2012 19:21 GMT
#10
On August 24 2012 04:17 SeeKeR wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 24 2012 04:07 babylon wrote:
What did Parting do in the OSL group nominations? Must've missed that.

Thanks for translations.

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=362273

Here you go ^^

Parting's mouth. It's like he can't keep it shut. Brilliant!

Thanks!

Also, yeah, I did find it a bit hilarious MC practiced with Parting. Maybe a little annoyed by the last GSL, lol.
FataLe
Profile Joined November 2010
New Zealand4560 Posts
August 23 2012 19:32 GMT
#11
so pissed off at kespa right now. fuck.

gg squirtle <3
hi. big fan.
Coal
Profile Joined July 2011
Sweden1535 Posts
August 23 2012 19:36 GMT
#12
Even the Kespa players are confused by the decision.. :/
In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.
zyzq
Profile Joined February 2011
United States3123 Posts
August 23 2012 19:39 GMT
#13
RorO beats you, then buys you food. what a nice guy
Iplaythings
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
Denmark9110 Posts
August 23 2012 19:39 GMT
#14
Roro allways mannered as hell player

So happy to see him do well in sc2, I feel like he really earned some time in the spotlight after being a consistent zerg for Fox and Khan

Anti team destroyer hwating ~~!
In the woods, there lurks..
amazingxkcd
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
GRAND OLD AMERICA16375 Posts
August 23 2012 19:44 GMT
#15
Roro sad by KeSPA's decision to hold their players from GSL
The world is burning and you rather be on this terrible website discussing video games and your shallow feelings
RaiKageRyu
Profile Joined August 2009
Canada4773 Posts
August 23 2012 20:00 GMT
#16
Second interview translation error? It was obviously ling bane all-in, why would infestor be mentioned there?
Someone call down the Thunder?
Porcelina
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
United Kingdom3249 Posts
August 23 2012 20:31 GMT
#17
On August 24 2012 04:20 ACrow wrote:
Does anyone else find it strange that MC practiced with Parting instead of with Seed? He is practicing at the IM house after all, isn't he?


Pretty sure MC is doing the thing he did since he left oGs, which is to practice at home with the people he wants to practice with; the partnership only extends to team leagues and I do not think there has been any confirmation of MC moving in to train with IM.

Roro seems like such a great guy. Really happy for him. Seed will be hard as nails, but it would be nice to see him go even further. And Parting is just a treasure trove of amusement.
torm3ntin
Profile Joined October 2009
Brazil2534 Posts
August 23 2012 20:38 GMT
#18
On August 24 2012 05:00 RaiKageRyu wrote:
Second interview translation error? It was obviously ling bane all-in, why would infestor be mentioned there?


nobody is paid to do that. next time do it yourself



Thanks for the interviews again guys. Was desperate to see RoRo's thought on the GSL news
Grubby and Ret fan, but a TERRAN player :D
Seeker *
Profile Blog Joined April 2005
Where dat snitch at?37118 Posts
August 23 2012 20:47 GMT
#19
On August 24 2012 05:38 torm3ntin wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 24 2012 05:00 RaiKageRyu wrote:
Second interview translation error? It was obviously ling bane all-in, why would infestor be mentioned there?


nobody is paid to do that. next time do it yourself



Thanks for the interviews again guys. Was desperate to see RoRo's thought on the GSL news

Whoa. I appreciate your gratitude but that was a little uncalled for. He was just pointing out an error in the translations. And he wasn't even being aggressive about it.

As always, as translators, we WELCOME criticism and feedback. Please do not hesitate to point out a mistake. It's perfectly fine as long as it is done in a civilized manner
ModeratorPeople ask me, "Seeker, what are you seeking?" My answer? "Sleep, damn it! Always sleep!"
TL+ Member
GumBa
Profile Blog Joined July 2012
United Kingdom31935 Posts
August 23 2012 20:50 GMT
#20
Oh and another big thanks for the RoRo interview

Keep up the good work :D
To all the haters: you deserve to witness many, many more Serral victories, worthy of the godlike player he is.
1 2 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Kung Fu Cup
20:00
Kung Fu Cup Weekly #26
IntoTheiNu 784
RotterdaM319
TKL 135
SteadfastSC131
Rex83
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RotterdaM 319
ByuN 225
TKL 135
SteadfastSC 131
Rex 83
Codebar 42
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 30152
Shuttle 1801
Mong 803
Bisu 660
Jaedong 652
Horang2 473
Soulkey 332
actioN 261
Mini 256
firebathero 245
[ Show more ]
Stork 239
Soma 230
BeSt 205
Larva 164
Zeus 144
EffOrt 132
Rush 128
Last 125
Snow 111
ZerO 101
Pusan 77
910 76
Hyun 71
Mind 68
PianO 65
Free 63
Yoon 63
Sexy 54
Shine 50
Sharp 47
hero 42
Shinee 33
sorry 28
Bale 24
JYJ 21
HiyA 19
ZergMaN 18
ToSsGirL 18
Aegong 15
Hm[arnc] 13
yabsab 12
scan(afreeca) 11
Sacsri 9
Noble 7
Dota 2
Dendi441
canceldota88
Counter-Strike
olofmeister1339
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King224
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes441
Other Games
gofns57716
singsing2170
B2W.Neo283
Lowko277
DeMusliM209
Pyrionflax187
Livibee140
Trikslyr28
ZerO(Twitch)8
QueenE4
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV172
StarCraft: Brood War
UltimateBattle 88
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream31
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV471
League of Legends
• Jankos1251
Other Games
• Shiphtur578
Upcoming Events
Patches Events
4h 3m
The PondCast
22h 3m
INu's Battles
23h 3m
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
1d 10h
Replay Cast
1d 11h
OSC
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
Patches Events
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.