• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 05:05
CEST 11:05
KST 18:05
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202616Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ BW General Discussion GG Lan Fest Sofia, Bulgaria [this November]
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 6650 users

[Interview] OSL Finalist A (SPOILERS)

Forum Index > BW General
Post a Reply
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All
doothegee
Profile Joined December 2009
Korea (South)3011 Posts
July 10 2012 14:16 GMT
#1
[image loading]
Link

Q: It was a tough match. Thoughts?
A: It was just as tough as the last OSL final but I also got lucky. In Game 4, I really shouldn't have been able to win that (laughs). I attacked with the intention of just focusing on one instant, and I believe I won because of that. I knew that there was no question I would win Game 5.

Q: Why did you choke up after the game?
A: I was happy because I won, sure, but the fans' cheers made me tear up. I won way too dramatically. Just as much as the last finals.

Q: When did you sense victory in Game 5?
A: Spectators may have thought that Zerg was ahead in the game, but as soon as I got my unit composition, I tried to end it. But because Zero made so many sunkens, I changed my strategy to try and drag it out. I eventually scored some points with HT and DT drops, and as soon as my deathball was finished, I could taste victory.

Q: Did you not know about the 7 o' clock expansion?
A: I didn't see it myself, but I was anticipating it. I first tried to break through Zero's critical areas but because his defense was so solid, I tried to match his expansions and his overall game plan. When the Hydralisks were pounding on my cannons early on, it was a dangerous situation.

Q: Any pressure that you are the last Protoss?
A: Before, there would have been pressure. But now I feel much more mature. Now that I am receiving more attention, I can enjoy it more. I believe these things allow me to grow more.

Q: How did you prepare for the semi-finals?
A: There was nothing too difficult. I played mindgames in the first three sets. Because I tried to make my opponent think, Zero must have had a big headache playing.

Q: You lost Games 2 and 3 after winning the first.
A: I was so mad at myself for losing Game 3. I knew what he was going to do but I couldn't defend it. After the game was over, I sat in the booth to regain composure.

Q: It's the last OSL played in BW, and you're in the final.
A: I think there's a bigger responsibility. No matter whoever reaches the final, there will be great games. I don't perform to the best of my ability when I'm under pressure, so I'm planning to enjoy it.

Q: Honestly, who would you prefer to play?
A: It doesn't matter. Flash and Fantasy are both top Terrans. Because I beat Fantasy last season, it wouldn't be bad to face Flash either. Because Flash has been so good consistently, my victory would shine more if I beat him.

Q: Kim Carrier asked you to use Carriers in the final.
A: Honestly, before, there were maps where Carriers are viable. But now, because the maps have so much open ground, it's tough. I want to use them too. If I prepare for them, I guess I might try. Because Kim Carrier is asking, I'm thinking that I should use them at least once (laughs). Last OSL final, I used them in the first and last set to great effect.

Q: How are you planning to prepare for the final?
A: I don't have much time. I was practicing BW and played SC2, and I lost all my games (laughs). My team's place is on the line too, and I need to practice SC2 for my own future as well, so there isn't much leeway.

Q: It's the final tournament played in Brood War.
A: I'm really sad. It's like your girlfriend leaving you. I'm devastated to think that a game that I've loved so much is leaving me. Even if the tournaments fully switch to SC2 in the future, I'm planning to play Brood War at PC Bangs. Brood War was the best game. Playing SC2, I realize how difficult Brood War really was.

Q: What does reaching the final mean for you?
A: It would be great to win, but it's a big honor just to reach the final. I want to win and relish the glory.

Q: What does OSL mean to you?
A: To be honest, I worried a lot after the last OSL. "What if OSL ends like this?" OSL was what made me dream as a progamer. When I was little, I went and watched the quarterfinals of MyCube OSL in Pusan and also watched the semi-finals held in Sajik Stadium. OSL helped me grow my dreams.

Q: Final words?
A: First, thanks to Roro, Shine, Juni, Odin, all the other coaches and Coach January. It's the last OSL played in BW, and if a lot of fans show up to support me, I know I can win with just as much excitement as the final for JinAir OSL. Sincere thanks to all the fans that showed up today. Also, I'm sorry that I won, but I also want to thank Zero who helped create such amazing games today.
웅진 멘쓰즈
Caihead
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
Canada8550 Posts
July 10 2012 14:17 GMT
#2
woo, srs interview timing
"If you're not living in the US or are a US Citizen, please do not tell us how to vote or how you want our country to be governed." - Serpest, American Hero
Epithet
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
United States840 Posts
July 10 2012 14:20 GMT
#3
Thank you for the interview
YellOw, Reach, & Nal_Ra Hwaiting!!
Caihead
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
Canada8550 Posts
July 10 2012 14:21 GMT
#4
These are turbulent times my friends, let us relish in the last BW OSL.
"If you're not living in the US or are a US Citizen, please do not tell us how to vote or how you want our country to be governed." - Serpest, American Hero
Sawamura
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Malaysia7602 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-07-10 14:23:16
July 10 2012 14:21 GMT
#5
Q: It's the final tournament played in Brood War.
A: I'm really sad. It's like your girlfriend leaving you. I'm devastated to think that a game that I've loved so much is leaving me. Even if the tournaments fully switch to SC2 in the future, I'm planning to play Brood War at PC Bangs. Brood War was the best game. Playing SC2, I realize how difficult Brood War really was.


Jangbi you are my hero !
BW/KT Forever R.I.P KT.Violet dearly missed ..
Caihead
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
Canada8550 Posts
July 10 2012 14:21 GMT
#6
On July 10 2012 23:21 Sawamura wrote:
Q: It's the final tournament played in Brood War.
A: I'm really sad. It's like your girlfriend leaving you. I'm devastated to think that a game that I've loved so much is leaving me. Even if the tournaments fully switch to SC2 in the future, I'm planning to play Brood War at PC Bangs. Brood War was the best game. Playing SC2, I realize how difficult Brood War really was.

Jangbi you are my hero !


Jangbi should come on chinese servers =3
"If you're not living in the US or are a US Citizen, please do not tell us how to vote or how you want our country to be governed." - Serpest, American Hero
Milkis
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
5003 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-07-10 14:22:25
July 10 2012 14:22 GMT
#7
lol beat me to it T_T
Azriel
Profile Joined December 2010
Mexico462 Posts
July 10 2012 14:27 GMT
#8
Thanks doothegee, that was fast.

Brood War players always give very good interviews, it is hard not to like these guys.

Kiett
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States7639 Posts
July 10 2012 14:33 GMT
#9
Jangbi I love you ;u;

fighting!
Writer:o
Black[CAT]
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Malaysia2589 Posts
July 10 2012 14:34 GMT
#10
Wow, no PR bullshit here, not tippy toeing around saying his thoughts on SC2
You mean ESPORTS isnt a synonym for SC2? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ -Proud owner of a Filco Majestouch 2 with Cherry Blue Switches- BW or SC2? Why not both?
Fawkes
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Canada1935 Posts
July 10 2012 14:35 GMT
#11
I would prefer Jangbi vs Fantasy more >.<'
Taeyeon ~ Jennie ~ Seulgi ~ Irene @Fawkes711
Caihead
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
Canada8550 Posts
July 10 2012 14:36 GMT
#12
im guessing im not gonna get to translate these last interviews lol, I can only do it second hand over chinese translations cause i dont know korean well enough
"If you're not living in the US or are a US Citizen, please do not tell us how to vote or how you want our country to be governed." - Serpest, American Hero
raviy
Profile Joined October 2010
Australia207 Posts
July 10 2012 14:39 GMT
#13
Thanks for the translation! JANGBANG!
Chef
Profile Blog Joined August 2005
10810 Posts
July 10 2012 14:40 GMT
#14
Sucks that he has to practice SC2 still even tho he is in the finals... Maybe that is a mind game... I really hope it is. NO SC2! Catch up on SC2 later plz...

gj Jangbi. Last Protoss hero.
LEGEND!! LEGEND!!
BatesC
Profile Joined June 2011
United States175 Posts
July 10 2012 14:40 GMT
#15
On July 10 2012 23:16 doothegee wrote:
Q: How are you planning to prepare for the final?
A: I don't have much time. I was practicing BW and played SC2, and I lost all my games (laughs). My team's place is on the line too, and I need to practice SC2 for my own future as well, so there isn't much leeway.

Q: It's the final tournament played in Brood War.
A: I'm really sad. It's like your girlfriend leaving you. I'm devastated to think that a game that I've loved so much is leaving me. Even if the tournaments fully switch to SC2 in the future, I'm planning to play Brood War at PC Bangs. Brood War was the best game. Playing SC2, I realize how difficult Brood War really was.


Another terrible Sc2 player claims his game is superior.

Seems to be a theme, in this section especially.

User was temp banned for this post.
Caihead
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
Canada8550 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-07-10 14:48:24
July 10 2012 14:47 GMT
#16
On July 10 2012 23:40 BatesC wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 10 2012 23:16 doothegee wrote:
Q: How are you planning to prepare for the final?
A: I don't have much time. I was practicing BW and played SC2, and I lost all my games (laughs). My team's place is on the line too, and I need to practice SC2 for my own future as well, so there isn't much leeway.

Q: It's the final tournament played in Brood War.
A: I'm really sad. It's like your girlfriend leaving you. I'm devastated to think that a game that I've loved so much is leaving me. Even if the tournaments fully switch to SC2 in the future, I'm planning to play Brood War at PC Bangs. Brood War was the best game. Playing SC2, I realize how difficult Brood War really was.


Another terrible Sc2 player claims his game is superior.

Seems to be a theme, in this section especially.

User was temp banned for this post.


Dah, I don't even understand the logic. Surely by putting "his game" in the same sentence with out using another reference/pronoun it would read:
"Another terrible SC2 player claims that SC2 is superior"
Also :<
"If you're not living in the US or are a US Citizen, please do not tell us how to vote or how you want our country to be governed." - Serpest, American Hero
Ciryandor
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States3735 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-07-10 14:48:58
July 10 2012 14:48 GMT
#17
On July 10 2012 23:40 BatesC wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 10 2012 23:16 doothegee wrote:
Q: How are you planning to prepare for the final?
A: I don't have much time. I was practicing BW and played SC2, and I lost all my games (laughs). My team's place is on the line too, and I need to practice SC2 for my own future as well, so there isn't much leeway.

Q: It's the final tournament played in Brood War.
A: I'm really sad. It's like your girlfriend leaving you. I'm devastated to think that a game that I've loved so much is leaving me. Even if the tournaments fully switch to SC2 in the future, I'm planning to play Brood War at PC Bangs. Brood War was the best game. Playing SC2, I realize how difficult Brood War really was.


Another terrible Sc2 player claims his game is superior.

Seems to be a theme, in this section especially.

User was temp banned for this post.

QQ more please, this thread should celebrate people like you getting JAAANGBAAANGED

Sorry, was just trying to do word play between Jangbang and banned.
에일리 and 아이유 <3 - O Captain 박재혁 ・゚✧*:・*゚+..。✧・゚:*・..。 ✧・゚ :・゚* ゜・*:・ ✧・゚:・゚:.。 ✧・゚ SPARKULING ・゜・:・゚✧*:・゚✧。*゚+..。 ✧・゚: ✧・゚:*・゜・:・゚✧*::
ShadeR
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
Australia7535 Posts
July 10 2012 14:51 GMT
#18
JANGBI
TelecoM
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
United States10872 Posts
July 10 2012 15:02 GMT
#19
Awesome, JangBi is amazing for saying he is going to continue playing BW in PC Bangs even if all the tournaments moved to SC2, and he is absolutely right, it is the best game ever made. JangBi is a true BW and Protoss hero! God bless you JangBi!!
AKA: TelecoM[WHITE] Protoss fighting
Winechu
Profile Joined May 2011
Singapore1186 Posts
July 10 2012 15:03 GMT
#20
Please focus on BW at the moment Jangbi. Screw SC2, this is the last BW OSL EVER!
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 13h 55m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 3187
Soma 382
Rush 330
Bisu 187
BeSt 163
Killer 110
ToSsGirL 90
Shinee 74
Mong 72
sorry 5
[ Show more ]
Terrorterran 1
Dota 2
Gorgc1617
Counter-Strike
olofmeister698
shoxiejesuss614
byalli552
edward15
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King88
Other Games
gofns17947
summit1g7972
ceh9544
Happy331
dupreeh257
Sick188
crisheroes184
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 44
• killerbeecast7
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• LUISG 0
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix12
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Jankos1434
• Stunt429
Upcoming Events
OSC
13h 55m
Big Brain Bouts
1d
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
1d 7h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 9h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
Patches Events
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
[ Show More ]
The PondCast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-07
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.