• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 13:25
CEST 19:25
KST 02:25
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War255.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
We built a tool to spot smurfs at match start 5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR?
Tourneys
ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War Sagi.gg Launcher Released BW General Discussion Fantasy returning? GG Lan Fest Sofia, Bulgaria [this November]
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8607 users

[Interview] OSL Finalist A (SPOILERS) - Page 5

Forum Index > BW General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All
Jonoman92
Profile Blog Joined September 2006
United States9110 Posts
July 10 2012 21:54 GMT
#81
Thanks for the translation! Reading these interviews is so bittersweet. Hoping for an epic finals.
slappy
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States1271 Posts
July 10 2012 22:06 GMT
#82
this series was SO finals worthy. Epic epic matches, crowd roaring going nuts, commentators getting choked up and emotional. I admit after game 4 I got a little teary eye'd too
jaedong imba
Kazius
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
Israel1456 Posts
July 10 2012 22:10 GMT
#83
Great interview, I enjoyed it greatly, and while sad that ZerO will never have the chance to prove he's the last great Zerg innovator, Jangbi is always awesome.

Unfortunately, Jangbi won't be getting all that he wants. I too wish it was going to be Jangbi vs. Flash. But Fantasy is going to beat Flash. Historically, Fantasy always has the best preparation for his OSL games. He's also in the best form of anyone in BW, and let's not forget the last PL finals. It's a shame, because Jangbi won't be remembered as one of the greatest unless he takes down both Fantasy and Flash in the finals.
Friendship is like peeing yourself. Anyone can see it, but only you get that warm feeling.
AsianEcksDragon
Profile Joined March 2008
United States1036 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-07-10 22:12:14
July 10 2012 22:12 GMT
#84
He beat Fantasy once, he can do it again. He needs to beat Flash to fully cement his legacy.
神は乗り越えられる試練しか与えない
NoSmurfHere
Profile Joined June 2012
New Zealand613 Posts
July 10 2012 22:19 GMT
#85
Man if Jangbi meets Flash, and then beats him O_O

I know he can do it! I wanna see storms unlike the last OSL haha (though last OSL was brilliant anyway)
The following statement is true. The previous statement is false.
Necro)Phagist(
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Canada6667 Posts
July 10 2012 22:48 GMT
#86
On July 11 2012 07:19 NoSmurfHere wrote:
Man if Jangbi meets Flash, and then beats him O_O

I know he can do it! I wanna see storms unlike the last OSL haha (though last OSL was brilliant anyway)

Legend of the...... Summer????? xD
"Are you talking to me? Because your authority is not recognized in fort kick ass!"" ||Park Jung Suk|| |MC|HerO|HyuN|
Skeggaba
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
Korea (South)1556 Posts
July 10 2012 22:58 GMT
#87
That was so emotional.
Thanks for translating!!!
Bisu[about JD]=I was scared (laughs). The force emanating from his facial expression was so manly that I was even a little jealous.
Stancel
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
Singapore15360 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-07-10 22:58:35
July 10 2012 22:58 GMT
#88
On July 10 2012 23:40 BatesC wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 10 2012 23:16 doothegee wrote:
Q: How are you planning to prepare for the final?
A: I don't have much time. I was practicing BW and played SC2, and I lost all my games (laughs). My team's place is on the line too, and I need to practice SC2 for my own future as well, so there isn't much leeway.

Q: It's the final tournament played in Brood War.
A: I'm really sad. It's like your girlfriend leaving you. I'm devastated to think that a game that I've loved so much is leaving me. Even if the tournaments fully switch to SC2 in the future, I'm planning to play Brood War at PC Bangs. Brood War was the best game. Playing SC2, I realize how difficult Brood War really was.


Another terrible Sc2 player claims his game is superior.

Seems to be a theme, in this section especially.

User was temp banned for this post.


... seriously, what are people thinking when they post stuff like this, especially after the whole 'BW fans switching to Dota 2/LoL' thing?

Congratulations to Jangbi, I know very little about the BW scene, but even I can recognise the significance of this OSL, will definitely be watching the finals.
ffxiv enjoyer
Jaaaaasper
Profile Blog Joined April 2012
United States10225 Posts
July 10 2012 22:58 GMT
#89
JangBiiii, i hope he plays fantasy in the finals again + Show Spoiler +
and loses this time
. A true hero of bw!
Hey do you want to hear a joke? Chinese production value. | I thought he had a aegis- Ayesee | When did 7ing mad last have a good game, 2012?
Elroi
Profile Joined August 2009
Sweden5617 Posts
July 10 2012 23:19 GMT
#90
OSL helped me grow my dreams.
"To all eSports fans, I want to be remembered as a progamer who can make something out of nothing, and someone who always does his best. I think that is the right way of living, and I'm always doing my best to follow that." - Jaedong. /watch?v=jfghAzJqAp0
dRaW
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
Canada5744 Posts
July 10 2012 23:21 GMT
#91
wow absolutely #1 bo5 this year so epic!
I don't need luck, luck is for noobs, good luck to you though
Ideas
Profile Blog Joined April 2008
United States8180 Posts
July 11 2012 00:09 GMT
#92
what a fantastic interview. So glad to hear that jangbi still has the passion inside of him. that last part where he thanks zero really got to me too. Thank you zero for giving us a great series. Thank you to every progamer for making BW so fun to watch.
Free Palestine
Holgerius
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Sweden16951 Posts
July 11 2012 00:14 GMT
#93
On July 11 2012 09:09 Ideas wrote:
that last part where he thanks zero really got to me too.

Those were the words of a gentlemanly competitor and a true showman.
I believe in the almighty Grötslev! -- I am never serious and you should never believe a thing I say. Including the previous sentence.
drgonzhere
Profile Joined November 2010
United States447 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-07-11 01:43:35
July 11 2012 01:43 GMT
#94
]
On July 10 2012 23:21 Sawamura wrote:
Q: It's the final tournament played in Brood War.
A: I'm really sad. It's like your girlfriend leaving you. I'm devastated to think that a game that I've loved so much is leaving me. Even if the tournaments fully switch to SC2 in the future, I'm planning to play Brood War at PC Bangs. Brood War was the best game. Playing SC2, I realize how difficult Brood War really was.

Jangbi you are my hero !


As someone who came into the community starting with SC2 and then got into BW later this is the most crushingly sad thing I have read, and it makes me feel like an awful person for wanting these guys to play SC2 so badly.
Dictator for Life of the PuMa Fanclub/ DRG, PuMA, Sage, Puzzle, MMA Fighting!
Ryo
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
8787 Posts
July 11 2012 02:36 GMT
#95
I'm really sad. It's like your girlfriend leaving you. I'm devastated to think that a game that I've loved so much is leaving me. Even if the tournaments fully switch to SC2 in the future, I'm planning to play Brood War at PC Bangs. Brood War was the best game. Playing SC2, I realize how difficult Brood War really was.

Thanks Jangbi. You're the best. ㅠㅠ
영원히 엠비씨게임 히어로 팬.
CrayonPopChoa
Profile Blog Joined November 2011
Canada761 Posts
July 11 2012 03:02 GMT
#96
On July 11 2012 10:43 drgonzhere wrote:
]
Show nested quote +
On July 10 2012 23:21 Sawamura wrote:
Q: It's the final tournament played in Brood War.
A: I'm really sad. It's like your girlfriend leaving you. I'm devastated to think that a game that I've loved so much is leaving me. Even if the tournaments fully switch to SC2 in the future, I'm planning to play Brood War at PC Bangs. Brood War was the best game. Playing SC2, I realize how difficult Brood War really was.

Jangbi you are my hero !


As someone who came into the community starting with SC2 and then got into BW later this is the most crushingly sad thing I have read, and it makes me feel like an awful person for wanting these guys to play SC2 so badly.



TL needs to increase the amount of characters we are allowed to have in our sig so that this quote can be on full display. It trully shows why this game means so much to so many of us and why it cant and never will be replaced.
BW4LIFE
Aerisky
Profile Blog Joined May 2012
United States12129 Posts
July 11 2012 03:10 GMT
#97
Hey! Milkis is no longer a blue, somehow missed his posting for a while.

JANGBI HWAITING!! Do us PROUD yo!

It's THE final OSL with BW, probably. Make it a good one man!
Jim while Johnny had had had had had had had; had had had had the better effect on the teacher.
syst
Profile Blog Joined March 2003
United States247 Posts
July 11 2012 03:18 GMT
#98
On July 11 2012 12:02 ChoiSulli wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 11 2012 10:43 drgonzhere wrote:
]
On July 10 2012 23:21 Sawamura wrote:
Q: It's the final tournament played in Brood War.
A: I'm really sad. It's like your girlfriend leaving you. I'm devastated to think that a game that I've loved so much is leaving me. Even if the tournaments fully switch to SC2 in the future, I'm planning to play Brood War at PC Bangs. Brood War was the best game. Playing SC2, I realize how difficult Brood War really was.

Jangbi you are my hero !


As someone who came into the community starting with SC2 and then got into BW later this is the most crushingly sad thing I have read, and it makes me feel like an awful person for wanting these guys to play SC2 so badly.



TL needs to increase the amount of characters we are allowed to have in our sig so that this quote can be on full display. It trully shows why this game means so much to so many of us and why it cant and never will be replaced.


Late to the party! Gotta cut it down. It ended up being my first signature on this site for 9 years.
N.geNuity
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States5112 Posts
July 11 2012 03:51 GMT
#99
Jangbi, make the finals epic. I know you will. I posted a lot about how I wanted mini to win and was super hyped for him. I wasn't particularly a big fan of the jin air osl run (soo sucked for lamest ro4 ever, I'm a fantasy fan and fantasy had the game 5 easily if he didn't float 1k/1k for forever, flash just played too greedy, etc) but holy fuck, you played like a champion today. The way someone should play.

I was wrong. Jangbi, you are the most awesome protoss in my heart.

bw forever.
iu, seungah, yura, taeyeon, hyosung, lizzy, suji, sojin, jia, ji eun, eunji, soya, younha, jiyeon, fiestar, sinb, jung myung hoon godtier. BW FOREVERR
ZergZoul
Profile Joined April 2007
Mexico408 Posts
July 11 2012 04:38 GMT
#100
What a hero is Jangbi
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 5h 35m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 373
ProTech151
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 25962
Calm 5168
Light 170
Rush 161
Free 114
Barracks 104
910 91
Zeus 84
Mind 83
Trap 44
[ Show more ]
Hyun 33
Aegong 29
ToSsGirL 26
soO 26
Rock 25
Sexy 14
Sacsri 7
Noble 7
Dota 2
Gorgc9279
XaKoH 363
Counter-Strike
fl0m5647
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby1162
Other Games
singsing2015
FrodaN778
B2W.Neo582
Beastyqt567
mouzStarbuck280
crisheroes276
Livibee186
Hui .161
C9.Mang0133
RotterdaM121
KnowMe95
Trikslyr81
QueenE74
edward25
BRAT_OK 20
MindelVK7
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Dystopia_ 18
• Adnapsc2 7
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix9
• Michael_bg 2
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Nemesis2499
Other Games
• Shiphtur811
• imaqtpie183
Upcoming Events
OSC
5h 35m
Big Brain Bouts
16h 35m
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
23h 35m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 1h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 16h
Patches Events
1d 21h
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
OSC
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
[ Show More ]
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
5 days
Online Event
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-08
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.