• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 19:54
CEST 01:54
KST 08:54
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double1Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon105
StarCraft 2
General
Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Recent patches and the Future StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 6561 users

Razer Academy: One Piece of the Puzzle

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All
TeamRazer
Profile Joined October 2011
United States71 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-03-14 02:54:43
March 13 2012 15:01 GMT
#1
Coming soon...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N0FOyN30rsQ



On March 14 2012 00:29 MrBitter wrote:
Ok, so here's some details:

First three players:

I will name them as soon as their travel is confirmed. The first three guys are guys I know and have talked to/worked with extensively in the past. First guys are pretty experimental. I want to make sure things are running smoothly with people I know before I start rotating in newer guys.

Players will stay for 3-6 months at a time, depending on things like visas, schedules, etc.

I want to make sure to always have at least one player from EU and NA in the house at a time.

The underlying goal of this project:

I want to provide opportunity to promising players who wouldn't otherwise get it. This means:

a.) players that aren't on teams
b.) players who are on smaller teams that can't afford to send them places
c.) players who are on good teams, but who don't get much exposure

I can't release 100% of the details yet, but I'll keep you guys updated, I promise.

I hope you're all as excited as I am.

I really feel that one of the best ways to build e-sports is by empowering the players and providing them with more and better opportunities. This is one of the ways that I feel I can help make this happen.

edit:

You can expect to see the first content out of the team around the 2nd week of April.

For Gamers. By Gamers.
AGIANTSMURF
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States1232 Posts
March 13 2012 15:04 GMT
#2
so the first set of players has already been selected?

i wish there were more details about the application process
Thats "Grand-Master" SMURF to you.....
Vindubs
Profile Joined May 2010
United States110 Posts
March 13 2012 15:07 GMT
#3
i would love to do this. omg my life would be complete.
Stephano,Sase,Naniwa HWAITING!
sabas123
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
Netherlands3122 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-03-13 15:11:55
March 13 2012 15:11 GMT
#4
AWSOME!!!! PICK UTHERMAL(or curse now) for the next rotation, he always dreamed of a traiings house but never got the change!!!!
The harder it becomes, the more you should focus on the basics.
Cokefreak
Profile Joined June 2011
Finland8096 Posts
March 13 2012 15:14 GMT
#5
How about announcing the announcement of an announcement when there is actually something to announce?
cscarfo1
Profile Joined March 2011
United States307 Posts
March 13 2012 15:14 GMT
#6
So cool. Good Guy Bitter
RIP oGs :( Bisu~ MC~Jaedong~Hero~Tyler~Flash~NaNi~DRG~MVP~Nestea~FXOz~and of course ForGG
LeLfe
Profile Joined February 2011
France3160 Posts
March 13 2012 15:16 GMT
#7
On March 14 2012 00:01 TeamRazer wrote:
Coming soon...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N0FOyN30rsQ


announcements of announcements should come with a picture where a guy has a "?" on his face!
Writer for Red bull (Fr) and Iron Squid (En/Fr) @ClemLeLfe on twitter
Vindubs
Profile Joined May 2010
United States110 Posts
March 13 2012 15:20 GMT
#8
lmao Bitter must have released the Video before Team Razer wanted him to.
Stephano,Sase,Naniwa HWAITING!
Joedaddy
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
United States1948 Posts
March 13 2012 15:27 GMT
#9
I have been training for an opportunity like this since Beta. Unfortunately I am freaking terrible so..... Good luck to the chosen 3!! It sounds like a fantastic opportunity.
I might be the minority on TL, but TL is the minority everywhere else.
lisward
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
Singapore959 Posts
March 13 2012 15:27 GMT
#10
Holy crap this is awesome
Opinions are like phasers -- everybody ought to have one
MrBitter
Profile Joined January 2008
United States2940 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-03-13 15:33:19
March 13 2012 15:29 GMT
#11
Ok, so here's some details:

First three players:

I will name them as soon as their travel is confirmed. The first three guys are guys I know and have talked to/worked with extensively in the past. First guys are pretty experimental. I want to make sure things are running smoothly with people I know before I start rotating in newer guys.

Players will stay for 3-6 months at a time, depending on things like visas, schedules, etc.

I want to make sure to always have at least one player from EU and NA in the house at a time.

The underlying goal of this project:

I want to provide opportunity to promising players who wouldn't otherwise get it. This means:

a.) players that aren't on teams
b.) players who are on smaller teams that can't afford to send them places
c.) players who are on good teams, but who don't get much exposure

I can't release 100% of the details yet, but I'll keep you guys updated, I promise.

I hope you're all as excited as I am.

I really feel that one of the best ways to build e-sports is by empowering the players and providing them with more and better opportunities. This is one of the ways that I feel I can help make this happen.

edit:

You can expect to see the first content out of the team around the 2nd week of April.
Gator
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States3432 Posts
March 13 2012 15:29 GMT
#12
pick meeee :p
pretty sweet move by Razer, glad to see them get even more involved with the scene
TSM
Tarotis
Profile Blog Joined October 2011
Germany1931 Posts
March 13 2012 15:29 GMT
#13
Where is the house? NA, EU or KR?
Slate
Profile Joined December 2010
Singapore112 Posts
March 13 2012 15:30 GMT
#14
Holy crap. MrBitter and Razer. You. Guys. Are. The. Best.
GM T on SEA.
Westy
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
England808 Posts
March 13 2012 15:31 GMT
#15
On March 14 2012 00:29 Tarotis wrote:
Where is the house? NA, EU or KR?


This, also, will people be able to apply for the next one?
MrBitter
Profile Joined January 2008
United States2940 Posts
March 13 2012 15:34 GMT
#16
On March 14 2012 00:31 Westy wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 14 2012 00:29 Tarotis wrote:
Where is the house? NA, EU or KR?


This, also, will people be able to apply for the next one?


We'll most likely take the first applications around June.

It's possible that we may reach out to one player prior to that.

Westy
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
England808 Posts
March 13 2012 15:37 GMT
#17
On March 14 2012 00:34 MrBitter wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 14 2012 00:31 Westy wrote:
On March 14 2012 00:29 Tarotis wrote:
Where is the house? NA, EU or KR?


This, also, will people be able to apply for the next one?


We'll most likely take the first applications around June.

It's possible that we may reach out to one player prior to that.



What will be your main focus when picking people to join the house? Just good ladder placement and dedication? Or will you take tournament/cup results into account?

I am guessing both.
goswser
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
United States3548 Posts
March 13 2012 15:37 GMT
#18
So applications are just kind of open to interpretation? Make a youtube video or something I guess? Why only 3-4 players in the house, isn't that a bit too few for it to be successful?
say you were born into a jungle indian tribe where food was scarce...would you run around from teepee to teepee stealing meat scraps after a day lazying around doing nothing except warming urself by a fire that you didn't even make yourself? -rekrul
MrBitter
Profile Joined January 2008
United States2940 Posts
March 13 2012 15:40 GMT
#19
On March 14 2012 00:37 goswser wrote:
So applications are just kind of open to interpretation? Make a youtube video or something I guess? Why only 3-4 players in the house, isn't that a bit too few for it to be successful?


We're not trying to start a Korean house.

We're providing support to players that wouldn't otherwise have it.

If EG is a pro team, I'm trying to create a "farm team" of sorts. A place where players can come and develop before moving on to bigger and better things.

A success story for me is "Billy comes to the house, works hard for three months, and is then picked up by a pro team".

Practice will mostly happen on ladder, through online cups, and through what connections I have with other pros.

This is not a vacation.

This will be a sweat shop. Players will be expected to work.

It's a bed, food, a gym membership, and lots and lots of hard work. (As well as some other opportunities that I'll talk more about as soon as I'm allowed to talk about it)
Koshi
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Belgium38799 Posts
March 13 2012 15:40 GMT
#20
Sounds amazing, but I don't understand why only so few will train together. Unless there sin't enough space in the house, it sound expensive to put up such an organization for only 4 guys at a time.

Lucky 4 guys though.
I had a good night of sleep.
1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 10h 6m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 959
Artosis 613
White-Ra 123
910 43
Dota 2
monkeys_forever544
NeuroSwarm160
Counter-Strike
m0e_tv187
Super Smash Bros
AZ_Axe124
Heroes of the Storm
Trikslyr101
Other Games
summit1g7935
shahzam667
JimRising 443
C9.Mang0289
ArmadaUGS74
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick699
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream310
Other Games
BasetradeTV197
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 122
• Letter145
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki17
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
10h 6m
Afreeca Starleague
10h 6m
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d
Kung Fu Cup
1d 11h
The PondCast
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
4 days
Online Event
4 days
FEL
4 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.