• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 06:31
CEST 12:31
KST 19:31
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon107
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach BW General Discussion PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
All you football fans (soccer)! Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8130 users

Razer Academy: One Piece of the Puzzle - Page 3

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All
Skuller
Profile Joined September 2010
United States197 Posts
March 13 2012 16:55 GMT
#41
Is there going to be a lot of content coming from the house? Or is this just a training environment?
Torte de Lini
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Germany38463 Posts
March 13 2012 16:56 GMT
#42
Players will stay for 3-6 months at a time, depending on things like visas, schedules, etc.


Holy fuck.
https://twitter.com/#!/TorteDeLini (@TorteDeLini)
1Focus
Profile Blog Joined October 2011
United States409 Posts
March 13 2012 16:57 GMT
#43
this is really good i hope it succeeds and i hope it finds tons of diamonds in the rough
Twitter: iF0CUS
MrBitter
Profile Joined January 2008
United States2940 Posts
March 13 2012 17:01 GMT
#44
On March 14 2012 01:55 Skuller wrote:
Is there going to be a lot of content coming from the house? Or is this just a training environment?


There will be professional replay analysis 5 nights per week as the players develop and analyze their gameplay.

There will also be other stuff that I can't reveal just yet.

What I can say is that one of the initiatives of the project is to create exposure for the players. This means making as many opportunities for the community to see their faces as possible.
Torte de Lini
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Germany38463 Posts
March 13 2012 17:03 GMT
#45
Get LastShadow and make it a reality t.v show :D
https://twitter.com/#!/TorteDeLini (@TorteDeLini)
hunts
Profile Joined September 2010
United States2113 Posts
March 13 2012 17:04 GMT
#46
OMG I would give anything to be a part of this, but I'm only mid master on NA which is roughly equivalent to being brain-dead
twitch.tv/huntstv 7x legend streamer
OrD_SC2
Profile Joined February 2012
United States247 Posts
March 13 2012 17:08 GMT
#47
This sounds awesome. I hope we see more companies doing things like this. What ways can we help support the house and make sure it can continue?
Baldie disapproved of my last status, TT
MrBitter
Profile Joined January 2008
United States2940 Posts
March 13 2012 17:11 GMT
#48
On March 14 2012 02:08 OrD_SC2 wrote:
This sounds awesome. I hope we see more companies doing things like this. What ways can we help support the house and make sure it can continue?


As Razer is the primary sponsor, buying their equipment, and telling them how much you like the project is a good first step.

Beyond that, tune in to the nightly content when it begins (roughly mid-April), and support the players in whatever ways you guys can.

Slardar
Profile Joined April 2010
Canada7596 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-03-13 17:20:22
March 13 2012 17:11 GMT
#49
On March 14 2012 00:40 MrBitter wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 14 2012 00:37 goswser wrote:
So applications are just kind of open to interpretation? Make a youtube video or something I guess? Why only 3-4 players in the house, isn't that a bit too few for it to be successful?


We're not trying to start a Korean house.

We're providing support to players that wouldn't otherwise have it.

If EG is a pro team, I'm trying to create a "farm team" of sorts. A place where players can come and develop before moving on to bigger and better things.

A success story for me is "Billy comes to the house, works hard for three months, and is then picked up by a pro team".

Practice will mostly happen on ladder, through online cups, and through what connections I have with other pros.

This is not a vacation.

This will be a sweat shop. Players will be expected to work.

It's a bed, food, a gym membership, and lots and lots of hard work. (As well as some other opportunities that I'll talk more about as soon as I'm allowed to talk about it)


You're so awesome for setting this up MrBitter, and of course to Razer for helping out with this. I'd just like to ask a question, if you don't feel necessary to go into such depth then no worries.

Where is the Razer Academy located? I'm assuming in the states somewhere (since you said living with you) - but for me this is an important detail!

Oh Germany as well, excuse me.

Follow-up Question: Would being part of another "Academy" disallow you for being apart of this project MrBitter? For example, At the end of MLG Columbus (March 25th) Complexity is going to have a new tournament to draft new players into their Academy.
KalWarkov
Profile Blog Joined December 2011
Germany4126 Posts
March 13 2012 17:13 GMT
#50
On March 14 2012 02:11 Slardar wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 14 2012 00:40 MrBitter wrote:
On March 14 2012 00:37 goswser wrote:
So applications are just kind of open to interpretation? Make a youtube video or something I guess? Why only 3-4 players in the house, isn't that a bit too few for it to be successful?


We're not trying to start a Korean house.

We're providing support to players that wouldn't otherwise have it.

If EG is a pro team, I'm trying to create a "farm team" of sorts. A place where players can come and develop before moving on to bigger and better things.

A success story for me is "Billy comes to the house, works hard for three months, and is then picked up by a pro team".

Practice will mostly happen on ladder, through online cups, and through what connections I have with other pros.

This is not a vacation.

This will be a sweat shop. Players will be expected to work.

It's a bed, food, a gym membership, and lots and lots of hard work. (As well as some other opportunities that I'll talk more about as soon as I'm allowed to talk about it)


You're so awesome for setting this up MrBitter, and of course to Razer for helping out with this. I'd just like to ask a question, if you don't feel necessary to go into such depth then no worries.

Where is the Razer Academy located? I'm assuming in the states somewhere (since you said living with you) - but for me this is an important detail!



Bitter lives in germany, so it might also be there - but it also could be in the US. who knows! bitter knows :/
DiaBoLuS ** Sc2 - Protoss: 16x GM | Dota2 - Offlane Immortal | Wc3 - Undead decent level | Diablo nerd | Chess / Magnus fanboy | BVB | Agnostic***
Epoch
Profile Joined October 2010
Canada257 Posts
March 13 2012 17:14 GMT
#51
MrBitter you f rock!
MrBitter
Profile Joined January 2008
United States2940 Posts
March 13 2012 17:15 GMT
#52
On March 14 2012 02:11 Slardar wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 14 2012 00:40 MrBitter wrote:
On March 14 2012 00:37 goswser wrote:
So applications are just kind of open to interpretation? Make a youtube video or something I guess? Why only 3-4 players in the house, isn't that a bit too few for it to be successful?


We're not trying to start a Korean house.

We're providing support to players that wouldn't otherwise have it.

If EG is a pro team, I'm trying to create a "farm team" of sorts. A place where players can come and develop before moving on to bigger and better things.

A success story for me is "Billy comes to the house, works hard for three months, and is then picked up by a pro team".

Practice will mostly happen on ladder, through online cups, and through what connections I have with other pros.

This is not a vacation.

This will be a sweat shop. Players will be expected to work.

It's a bed, food, a gym membership, and lots and lots of hard work. (As well as some other opportunities that I'll talk more about as soon as I'm allowed to talk about it)


You're so awesome for setting this up MrBitter, and of course to Razer for helping out with this. I'd just like to ask a question, if you don't feel necessary to go into such depth then no worries.

Where is the Razer Academy located? I'm assuming in the states somewhere (since you said living with you) - but for me this is an important detail!



I'll be able to reveal all the details of the location by early next week.

In the mean time, don't freak out or get too worked up over anything. We won't be inviting new people from the community to live with us until June at the earliest. The first three players have already been selected, and will be announced when their travel is confirmed.

If, for some reason, any of the first three guys runs into some problem (ie: visas, cold feet, whatever) we will take people from the community for that purpose. If that happens, I'll announce it.

I'm super excited about the project, but really, this is just an announcement of an announcement. I wish I could say more, and I promise to reveal everything as soon as I can.
Debarbie
Profile Joined May 2009
Sweden204 Posts
March 13 2012 17:15 GMT
#53
Sounds so cool :D
huehuehuehue
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
Estonia455 Posts
March 13 2012 17:17 GMT
#54
On March 14 2012 00:40 MrBitter wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 14 2012 00:37 goswser wrote:
So applications are just kind of open to interpretation? Make a youtube video or something I guess? Why only 3-4 players in the house, isn't that a bit too few for it to be successful?


We're not trying to start a Korean house.

We're providing support to players that wouldn't otherwise have it.

If EG is a pro team, I'm trying to create a "farm team" of sorts. A place where players can come and develop before moving on to bigger and better things.

A success story for me is "Billy comes to the house, works hard for three months, and is then picked up by a pro team".

Practice will mostly happen on ladder, through online cups, and through what connections I have with other pros.

This is not a vacation.

This will be a sweat shop. Players will be expected to work.

It's a bed, food, a gym membership, and lots and lots of hard work. (As well as some other opportunities that I'll talk more about as soon as I'm allowed to talk about it)

More chance of that success story happening if you have more players tho. I hope the players will have to work hard in the house like you say, and will be kicked out if they don't.

GL with the project!
Kaitokid
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
Germany1327 Posts
March 13 2012 17:18 GMT
#55
Hope its in Germany Man things like this motivate me to practice much more Too bad I still got school. I read the names RINE and iRa here and I think I'm not even far away from their skill level, would make me really happy if it was really one of them! Good luck to those 3 players and thanks Razer and MrBitter. Razer is such an awesome company, they support like every 2nd progaming team and their gear is awesome stuff. Hope they will keep investing into esports, pretty sure it will pay off after some time if not now.
MrBitter
Profile Joined January 2008
United States2940 Posts
March 13 2012 17:22 GMT
#56
On March 14 2012 02:17 huehuehuehue wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 14 2012 00:40 MrBitter wrote:
On March 14 2012 00:37 goswser wrote:
So applications are just kind of open to interpretation? Make a youtube video or something I guess? Why only 3-4 players in the house, isn't that a bit too few for it to be successful?


We're not trying to start a Korean house.

We're providing support to players that wouldn't otherwise have it.

If EG is a pro team, I'm trying to create a "farm team" of sorts. A place where players can come and develop before moving on to bigger and better things.

A success story for me is "Billy comes to the house, works hard for three months, and is then picked up by a pro team".

Practice will mostly happen on ladder, through online cups, and through what connections I have with other pros.

This is not a vacation.

This will be a sweat shop. Players will be expected to work.

It's a bed, food, a gym membership, and lots and lots of hard work. (As well as some other opportunities that I'll talk more about as soon as I'm allowed to talk about it)

More chance of that success story happening if you have more players tho. I hope the players will have to work hard in the house like you say, and will be kicked out if they don't.

GL with the project!


We'll operate on a two strike system.

Players will be expected to work a certain amount, and conduct themselves in a certain way. They will get one warning. After that, it's a bus ticket home. (or to the nearest coast where they'll have to figure out their own travel home)
Slardar
Profile Joined April 2010
Canada7596 Posts
March 13 2012 17:27 GMT
#57
Understood, the first 3 were hand-drafted and picked by Captain Bitter. June at the earliest is a bit away so I won't go into hysterics, yet.

Follow-up Question: Would being part of another "Academy" disallow you for being apart of this project MrBitter? For example, some time after MLG Columbus (March 25th) Complexity is going to have a tournament to draft new players into their Academy.


Either way I can't stress enough how amazing this is. GL with the project MrBitter.
Elem
Profile Joined April 2011
Sweden4717 Posts
March 13 2012 17:31 GMT
#58
So many teamless gosus on the EU ladder, hope it's one of the ones that I'm thinking of ^_^
#freeshauni
Torte de Lini
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Germany38463 Posts
March 13 2012 17:43 GMT
#59
Strong feeling Attero will be in this.
https://twitter.com/#!/TorteDeLini (@TorteDeLini)
Slardar
Profile Joined April 2010
Canada7596 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-03-13 17:52:47
March 13 2012 17:52 GMT
#60
Don't want to post a massive wall of text, in-case MrBitter doesn't approve, but there is a huge chunk of information in the Reddit thread relating to this subject!

MrBitter, RotterDam, SeltzerPlease, and TobiWanKenobi apparently apart of this! This is huge.
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Afreeca Starleague
10:00
Ro8 Match 4
Leta vs Soulkey
Afreeca ASL 14047
StarCastTV_EN345
Liquipedia
Sparkling Tuna Cup
10:00
Weekly #148 (SHIN Mod Edition)
Krystianer vs MilkiCowLIVE!
CranKy Ducklings61
CranKy Ducklings SOOP14
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Bisu 9178
Jaedong 4205
EffOrt 2499
BeSt 1035
actioN 922
Killer 563
Soma 561
Horang2 466
Pusan 405
ZerO 404
[ Show more ]
Zeus 205
Stork 192
Rush 128
JYJ 107
Barracks 73
soO 71
HiyA 56
Mong 47
ToSsGirL 44
Bale 30
Shinee 27
Terrorterran 25
NaDa 23
Sexy 23
Sharp 21
sorry 20
Sacsri 13
JulyZerg 10
Noble 8
Dota 2
Gorgc3915
XaKoH 290
Counter-Strike
edward83
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes1095
WinterStarcraft855
Other Games
gofns54704
singsing1519
olofmeister1210
byalli528
Livibee196
Pyrionflax153
ArmadaUGS48
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick531
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream333
StarCraft: Brood War
UltimateBattle 215
[ Show 10 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH352
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Jankos1750
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
13h 29m
Kung Fu Cup
1d
The PondCast
1d 23h
Replay Cast
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
3 days
Online Event
4 days
FEL
4 days
AI Arena Tournament
4 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.