• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 12:40
CEST 18:40
KST 01:40
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War545.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
$3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
TL Sidebar missing streams Rollback Netcode in Brood War Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Mineral Boosting (2 workers/patch)
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9793 users

Newbie Mini Mafia III

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
balt11t
Profile Joined January 2012
United States15 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-01-24 02:34:37
January 24 2012 02:33 GMT
#19
/in

I've been stalking these Mafia threads for a while, might as well start in a noobie thread. I really look forward to participating. Started an account just to play in this game, haha.

EDIT: Grammar error.
balt11t
Profile Joined January 2012
United States15 Posts
January 24 2012 02:39 GMT
#23
Whoops, I'm sorry! I'll definitely remember that for the game.
balt11t
Profile Joined January 2012
United States15 Posts
January 25 2012 04:57 GMT
#84
FakePromise, I feel as though saying that you are willing to take a 70% chance of killing an innocent man seems like you might have something to hide. Criminals tend to be fine with killing off innocent people, and you seem to fit that profile. Normal people would not be willing to take such a risk.

balt11t
Profile Joined January 2012
United States15 Posts
January 25 2012 05:07 GMT
#86
In extension, I feel as though the proposed plan by zarepath is simply too great of a risk. Why take nearly a 70% chance of taking an innocent person's life? No, we should wait to find the lurkers, I agree with slOosh, we need to wait for a little more discussion to happen in order to make a decision.
balt11t
Profile Joined January 2012
United States15 Posts
January 25 2012 20:56 GMT
#130
My apologies for my absence since last night. School takes up quite a bit of my time, however, I have been able to watch the game develop, just not post.

As far as what I think, I believe FakePromise was extremely fast to agree with zarepath, almost too fast. He offered almost no grounds with his post, and agreed that a 70% chance of killing an innocent man might be worth it in the long run. The fact that he jumped so quickly to this conclusin in such a short amount of time makes him look suspicious as far as I am concerned.
balt11t
Profile Joined January 2012
United States15 Posts
January 26 2012 01:59 GMT
#145
You say we shouldn't make wild assumptions based on inconclusive traps, yet you've changed whom you would vote for in such a short amount of time, without providing much logic for doing so.
balt11t
Profile Joined January 2012
United States15 Posts
January 26 2012 02:41 GMT
#147
I apologize, that made sense in my head, but I obviously came across wrong. You advised to take caution, yet you so quickly decide to accuse FakePromise? There is much time left to decide, and a lot of time yet to gather more information (your original strategy).
balt11t
Profile Joined January 2012
United States15 Posts
January 26 2012 21:21 GMT
#192
On January 27 2012 05:57 slOosh wrote:
Until then I really want to see Chocolate and balt11t post. I don't want them to get away lurking until something big happens and they can pretend to contribute.

My apologies. I am reading the thread, however, my school blocks login pages, so I am unable to actually sign in in order to post until I get home.
balt11t
Profile Joined January 2012
United States15 Posts
January 26 2012 21:29 GMT
#196
On January 26 2012 23:35 Simberto wrote:
Ok, i noticed some interesting things here. Firstly, FakePromise does the best he can to dig his own grave. But he is not doing it alone. Interestingly enough, even before anything really started, balt11t spent most of his time attacking FakePromise over the 30% thing. Now, we can only know the significance of this when FakePromise flips green, but sadly he continues to dig his grave and i fear that he will turn up as a less abled townie in the end. If this does happen, i think balt11t is a prime suspect.

To put it quite frankly, I do not understand how I look any more suspicious then you do at this point. Why would I not attack someone who claims that only a 30% chance of killing a scummy is worth the risk. To claim that those are even moderately good odds is beyond a little bit of a stretch, and to put them into application would essentially be a waste of life.

balt11t
Profile Joined January 2012
United States15 Posts
January 28 2012 04:14 GMT
#289
On January 28 2012 09:54 Bromancipate wrote:
Second Scum Read - Balt11t

Someone go back and check his filter. It’s not extremely big.
Of that, is there anything in there of substance? I can’t really find much. He’s also constantly apologizing for many things that come up negative towards him, and saying sorry for playing poorly. He seems altogether TOO apologetic, almost as much as Zelblade, and like he doesn’t want to step on any toes. In my opinion, people that are afraid to piss someone off aren’t trying to draw attention to themselves for a reason.

I think his general apologetic nature, as well as his lack of making any real reads and pushing anything of substance. For someone who has been lurking these Mafia games for a long time, he seems to be doing a sight less than what he should be as someone dedicated to taking the fight to the mafia. I think a strong spotlight should be on him to step up his play in the second Day and try to find someone who is playing scum. I actually can’t pull anything out of his filter because there is a significant lack of anything there. -.-


This isn't true in the slightest. The only thing I've apologized for in this game has been unavailibilty due to school, and one due to a misunderstanding I created with hasty typing. Yes, my schoolwork takes up a lot of time, and yes, I realize due to this I have not been entirely active. But I hardly see explaining my abscences as TOO apologetic, rather a curtousey. And if you must know, coupled with my busy school-stuff, my internet today has been on and off all day. So if you call me being curteous being scummy, then yes, I am scummy. If you really want to take an interest in my personal life, I am in 4 AP classes, coupled with Advanced Band, and Speech team; I am a busy guy to say the least. In this week, I have had 3 tests, 2 papers, and a solo jury due, so now the time I can devote to his game will exponentially rise. I hope my explanantion to my whereabouts have sufficed for you, Bromancipate.
balt11t
Profile Joined January 2012
United States15 Posts
January 28 2012 04:34 GMT
#292
On January 28 2012 13:25 Adam4167 wrote:
While your here balt11t, Id really like to know why you ninja voted on FakePromises yesterday at 8:27, yet your last post was at 6:29.

Declare your votes in the thread when you make them, and actually have them backed up with some reason.



Did I not back my position against FakePromise explicitly beforehand? Why should I repeat myself, when he was (in my opinion) the only true candidate for lynching? As I mentioned earlier, for a random lynch, 30% success is not very good odds, and I was prominent in advocating my dislike for his plans, which seemed rather scummy.
balt11t
Profile Joined January 2012
United States15 Posts
January 30 2012 02:34 GMT
#359
After reading the posts that have occurred over the past 24 hours, and seeing that it seems zarepath is already dead, I too will be voting for zarepeth this day.

##Vote: zarepath

Posted from my Android device, internet being wonky, will return at 10 EST. (Please note, MidnightGladius, that I had to add one more disgusting post to my filter, but this is not an apology. I wanted to establish this BEFORE you go off on another tangent about something completely unrelated to the game.)
balt11t
Profile Joined January 2012
United States15 Posts
January 30 2012 04:02 GMT
#370
On January 30 2012 12:33 MidnightGladius wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 30 2012 11:34 balt11t wrote:
After reading the posts that have occurred over the past 24 hours, and seeing that it seems zarepath is already dead, I too will be voting for zarepeth this day.

##Vote: zarepath

Posted from my Android device, internet being wonky, will return at 10 EST. (Please note, MidnightGladius, that I had to add one more disgusting post to my filter, but this is not an apology. I wanted to establish this BEFORE you go off on another tangent about something completely unrelated to the game.)


You've got to be kidding me.

In one post, you have managed to:

1) Barely avoid getting yourself modkilled. Congratulations on fulfilling the minimum number of posts, and getting your vote in half an hour before the deadline. As I checked the voting thread, I noticed that dreamflower didn't even count your vote properly: instead, he has zarepath voting for himself :D

2) Jump onto the zarepath bandwagon with the least amount of content or reasoning of any player.

3) Go another day cycle without providing any reads or analysis at all.

4) Blather without addressing, and even implicitly reinforcing, my previous suspicions.

5) Annoy me.

And that will be the last of your scum plays this game. Good night!

##Shoot: balt11t


Since everyone here seems to hate the concept of an apology, I think it seems completely unproductive to try and convince you that my ability to post the last two days has been completely beyond my control. It may seem hard to believe, but not everyone has a completely stable internet connection. I have been calling my ISP everyday for the last several months to get my issues fixed, to no avail. When I have an internet connection, speeds are typically as low as .2 Mb/s, or as high as .5Mb/s, and that's when I can connect.. Now while it's clear you don't particularly care about why I have been unable to play this game to the fullest of my abilities, let it be known that my ISP was giving me issues in my connections.

Secondly, I don't know if you know this or not (but in your seemingly infinite wisdom, I should think you would), but it happens to be extremely difficult to post from a cellular phone, which I have been doing since towards the beginning of the game, which DOES answer your question:
Considering that he has "been able to watch the game develop, just not post," why are the few posts that he makes so empty of content?
.

I wouldn't necessarily call my previous post blathering either, I was simply trying to explain my odd position.

I would address your other points (specifically #5), however I fear that I may quickly become aggravated and rash, which I want to avoid at any cost.

Anyhow, I suppose technically, none of us will know the validity of your 'shooting' until the night ends; as far as I am concerned you may even be bluffing.

Finally, while it may or may not matter, my internet is back up as of 10:21, which was a little late, alas, I have it back nonetheless.


Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 20m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech142
Liquid`TLO 92
BRAT_OK 57
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 31484
Leta 1068
Horang2 274
firebathero 167
Trap 148
Zeus 93
Hyun 72
soO 51
ToSsGirL 35
Bale 34
[ Show more ]
Aegong 24
Rock 21
scan(afreeca) 17
Bishop 16
Noble 12
Sacsri 8
Dota 2
Dendi1169
420jenkins384
qojqva0
Counter-Strike
fl0m4748
Other Games
Beastyqt626
mouzStarbuck327
byalli253
KnowMe214
Hui .183
QueenE81
Livibee70
FrodaN0
[ Show 20 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• poizon28 75
• 3DClanTV 38
• Adnapsc2 16
• Response 10
• Hinosc 7
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Airneanach86
• FirePhoenix17
• Azhi_Dahaki12
• Michael_bg 11
• niya90s 1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Counter-Strike
• C_a_k_e 1631
Other Games
• Shiphtur574
Upcoming Events
AI Arena Tournament
20m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2h 20m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
17h 20m
Patches Events
22h 20m
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 2h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 2h
OSC
1d 6h
OSC
1d 19h
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
[ Show More ]
The PondCast
4 days
Online Event
5 days
Korean StarCraft League
6 days
Afreeca Starleague
6 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.