• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 22:09
CEST 04:09
KST 11:09
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War585.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
$3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem Fantasy returning? TL Sidebar missing streams
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8897 users

Farewell MBCGame

Forum Index > BW General
Post a Reply
1 2 3 4 5 10 11 12 Next All
Kiett
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States7639 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-01-24 22:40:23
January 20 2012 01:42 GMT
#1
[image loading]

It took many of us a long time to come to terms with the loss of MBCGame, which was announced would transition into a music channel at the end of this month. With a rich decade long history, MBCGame, as the home of countless entertaining game shows, the beloved MSL, and half of the Proleague life line, will be sorely missed. It was here that AHHHH!! PLAYYGUUUU!!! and RIBO RIBO RIBO were coined. It was here that fantastically pimp plays were carried out, revolutions occured, and amazing ceremonies brought tears to our eyes from laughter.

Yesterday, MBCGame recorded its very last show, a program titled, "Adieu, MBCGame." Casters Kim Chul Min and (Z)Shark, along with host Kang Hyunjong from Star Infinity Challenge gathered to share the channel's history and legacy, and reflect on the many years they spent together. The show is scheduled to air during the Lunar New Year holidays, starting on the 20th.

Episodes can be found here: http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=305185

[image loading]

[image loading]


The rest of the photo album: http://esports.dailygame.co.kr/news/album.php?id=55119

update: Nada came on as a guest! :D

[image loading]

Photo album part 2: http://esports.dailygame.co.kr/news/album.php?id=55314



Goodbye Tweets from Casters and Players

[image loading]

Kim Chul Min: Tomorrow morning at 6AM, I'll be leaving my house to film MBCGame's last program, "Adieu, MBC Game." At that time, I want to give the proper goodbye that I wasn't able to before. Thank you all so much for the time I had [with MBCGame]. I'll always keep those moments in my heart. I love you.

[image loading]

Lee Seung Won: Even though it ended this way, I'll never forget the times and memories, and I'll remain true to the person I am wherever I work. This was the tenor of The Trio (Lee Seung Won, Kim Chul Min, Kim Dong Jun), the Seung of MakByungSeung (Park Sang Hyun, Yoo Byung Joon, Lee Seung Won), and the Seung of MakChungSeung (Park Sang Hyun, Lim Seung Choon, Lee Seung Won). This was MBCGame's Lee Seung Won. [thank you Opticalshot <3]

[image loading]

(Z)Shark: We're recording "Adieu, MBCGame" right now! The script is very thick~ but considering it's filled with 12 years of history, it's actually not enough^^ Today, tomorrow, and the day after, a 3 day recording journey~ I'll see everyone on the MBCGame New Year's Special^^
+ Show Spoiler [twitpic] +
[image loading]


[image loading]

(Z)GoRush: I'd like to say a few words about MBCGame today. Tomorrow is the last broadcast, and I give my condolences to those who stayed with MBCGame to the end. To think that the place that gave me the huge honor of an individual league win is shutting down hurts me deeply. Even if it disappears though, I'll treasure it in my heart forever.

If anyone finds any other tweets or messages, please let me know. These just happen to be the ones I follow.


Interview with caster Kim Chul Min
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=304764

[image loading]

thanks doothegee for translating



For those that want to relive it all, MBCGame show links:
MBCGame Torrents
MBCGame Starcraft League
Show Me the MSL
Star B.net Attack S2
Hyungjoon Becomes a Progamer



And so, we say goodbye... until 2052.

[image loading]

Writer:o
ArvickHero
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
10387 Posts
January 20 2012 01:44 GMT
#2
I fucking hope MBCMusic fails, and that MBC as a company bankrupts
Writerptrk
soulist
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United States932 Posts
January 20 2012 01:46 GMT
#3
On January 20 2012 10:44 ArvickHero wrote:
I fucking hope MBCMusic fails, and that MBC as a company bankrupts


Are you really that rude and inconsiderate? After everything they have done for BW, you want them to fail in their new pursuit? Very unsympathetic.
Evil Geniuses<3
ArvickHero
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
10387 Posts
January 20 2012 01:48 GMT
#4
On January 20 2012 10:46 soulist wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 20 2012 10:44 ArvickHero wrote:
I fucking hope MBCMusic fails, and that MBC as a company bankrupts


Are you really that rude and inconsiderate? After everything they have done for BW, you want them to fail in their new pursuit? Very unsympathetic.

Is it wrong for me to still be incredibly angry for MBC to basically piss on BW's face?
Writerptrk
Xiphos
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
Canada7507 Posts
January 20 2012 01:50 GMT
#5
On January 20 2012 10:46 soulist wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 20 2012 10:44 ArvickHero wrote:
I fucking hope MBCMusic fails, and that MBC as a company bankrupts


Are you really that rude and inconsiderate? After everything they have done for BW, you want them to fail in their new pursuit? Very unsympathetic.


Well I can make the same argument that tonight, someone committed murder. And that victim is 50% of someone else' childhood
2014 - ᕙ( •̀ل͜•́) ϡ Raise your bows brood warriors! ᕙ( •̀ل͜•́) ϡ
Gamegene
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
United States8308 Posts
January 20 2012 01:51 GMT
#6
On January 20 2012 10:48 ArvickHero wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 20 2012 10:46 soulist wrote:
On January 20 2012 10:44 ArvickHero wrote:
I fucking hope MBCMusic fails, and that MBC as a company bankrupts


Are you really that rude and inconsiderate? After everything they have done for BW, you want them to fail in their new pursuit? Very unsympathetic.

Is it wrong for me to still be incredibly angry for MBC to basically piss on BW's face?


Their priority is MBC, not Starcraft. It's not personal.

I say we say thank you for the memories, goodbye.

If anything let's get angry at KPOP!!

MSL 2052. MSL FOREVER!
Throw on your favorite jacket and you're good to roll. Stroll through the trees and let your miseries go.
supernovamaniac
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
United States3048 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-01-20 01:58:05
January 20 2012 01:55 GMT
#7
On January 20 2012 10:46 soulist wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 20 2012 10:44 ArvickHero wrote:
I fucking hope MBCMusic fails, and that MBC as a company bankrupts


Are you really that rude and inconsiderate? After everything they have done for BW, you want them to fail in their new pursuit? Very unsympathetic.


I was translating the interview myself, until dothegee posted it first and just erased the document (kudos to dothegee for awesome work). Let me point few things out here:

1. Kim Chul Min thinks that his 10 years at MBCgame was worthless given the situation
2. All employees were basically 'fired' from the job including but not limited to producers, writers, casters and commentators
3. MSL was promised, but it ain't going to happen. ABC Mart MSL was the latest and last MSL there ever will be
4. They were forced to record the show 'Adieu, MBCgame' because they ordered people from MBCgame to make such program. No one really liked the idea nor the fact that they were the ones doing it
5. This new pursuit has caused a lot of problems: MBCgame Heros disbanding, many people getting fired, Ongamenet forced to cast more proleague matches etc. etc. without ANY compensation to people who were involved in the field.


It's like telling me to sympathize with the house owner who just kicked out my best friend from his house in a blink of an eye without any 'good reason' or compensation. Doesn't matter if the house owner was 'nice' in the past if my best friend just got evicted without doing anything wrong.




To ArvickHero: I'm quite mad about this situation as well, but realize that MBC is one of 'big 3' television channels in Korea, but making the least profit. It's all about $$$, and if they think music would do better than game, then fuck everyone else's situation, they're going to change the channel without any compensation.
ppp
NB
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
Netherlands12045 Posts
January 20 2012 01:57 GMT
#8
RIP MBCGame... tears im my eyes... oh i need to watch all the MSL intro again
Im daed. Follow me @TL_NB
2Pacalypse-
Profile Joined October 2006
Croatia9565 Posts
January 20 2012 02:02 GMT
#9
I believe!
Moderator"We're a community of geniuses because we've found how to extract 95% of the feeling of doing something amazing without actually doing anything." - Chill
supernovamaniac
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
United States3048 Posts
January 20 2012 02:02 GMT
#10
[image loading]

This was my brother's first visit to MBCgame. He loved it so much.

Few days later, I told him that MBCgame is shutting down.

I've seen my brother getting angry few times in his life, and this was one of them. What can I say? Even someone who wasn't into BW for a long time knows that this is wrong.
ppp
shaftofpleasure
Profile Blog Joined December 2011
Korea (North)1375 Posts
January 20 2012 02:02 GMT
#11
I want that booth.
It's either the holes of my nose are getting smaller or my fingers are getting bigger. /// Always Rooting for the Underdog. Hyuk/Sin/Jaehoon/Juni/Hyvva/Hoejja/Canata //// Hiding in thread somewhere where BW is still in it's pure form here on TL.
ArvickHero
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
10387 Posts
January 20 2012 02:04 GMT
#12
On January 20 2012 10:55 supernovamaniac wrote:
To ArvickHero: I'm quite mad about this situation as well, but realize that MBC is one of 'big 3' television channels in Korea, but making the least profit. It's all about $$$, and if they think music would do better than game, then fuck everyone else's situation, they're going to change the channel without any compensation.

yea I realize that, but I still think it's fucking stupid. Hence, I want this new venture to completely fall flat on its face .. but it won't. So the only thing I can do is express my anger for my own satisfaction

SO LONG MBCGAME! You guys were the best, and I loved all your shit. Whoever picks up all the MBCGame crew and makes a new game channel, will be my hero for life.
Writerptrk
doothegee
Profile Joined December 2009
Korea (South)3011 Posts
January 20 2012 02:04 GMT
#13
On January 20 2012 10:55 supernovamaniac wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 20 2012 10:46 soulist wrote:
On January 20 2012 10:44 ArvickHero wrote:
I fucking hope MBCMusic fails, and that MBC as a company bankrupts


Are you really that rude and inconsiderate? After everything they have done for BW, you want them to fail in their new pursuit? Very unsympathetic.


I was translating the interview myself, until dothegee posted it first and just erased the document (kudos to dothegee for awesome work). Let me point few things out here:

1. Kim Chul Min thinks that his 10 years at MBCgame was worthless given the situation
2. All employees were basically 'fired' from the job including but not limited to producers, writers, casters and commentators
3. MSL was promised, but it ain't going to happen. ABC Mart MSL was the latest and last MSL there ever will be
4. They were forced to record the show 'Adieu, MBCgame' because they ordered people from MBCgame to make such program. No one really liked the idea nor the fact that they were the ones doing it
5. This new pursuit has caused a lot of problems: MBCgame Heros disbanding, many people getting fired, Ongamenet forced to cast more proleague matches etc. etc. without ANY compensation to people who were involved in the field.


It's like telling me to sympathize with the house owner who just kicked out my best friend from his house in a blink of an eye without any 'good reason' or compensation. Doesn't matter if the house owner was 'nice' in the past if my best friend just got evicted without doing anything wrong.

Just to add on my two cents, while I was translating, I was really shocked (and I'm sure Kiett, supernovamaniac, and whoever else read the interview in Korean felt the same way) at how openly angry the interview was. Kim really sounded like a devastated, bitter man in that interview. Looking back on what we know about the closing of MBCGame, a lot of it seems really shady, with very little information being revealed to the public. I think a large part of the anger stems from that kind of betrayal - we, the fans, made MBCGame into what it is today and we never even got to say a proper goodbye. If they had closed out the final MSL, openly told us that it was a business decision, and we got a real sending off to the channel, we wouldn't feel nearly as angry as we do now.
웅진 멘쓰즈
LonelyMargarita
Profile Blog Joined August 2007
1845 Posts
January 20 2012 02:38 GMT
#14
This makes me sad.
I <3 서지훈
Sawamura
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Malaysia7602 Posts
January 20 2012 02:39 GMT
#15
I can't believe msl is already gone .
BW/KT Forever R.I.P KT.Violet dearly missed ..
Torenhire
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States11681 Posts
January 20 2012 02:42 GMT
#16
Doh, wish this was out earlier, maybe someone could have broadcast it or something. TT

SirJolt: Well maybe if you weren't so big and stupid, it wouldn't have hit you.
TheAmazombie
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States3714 Posts
January 20 2012 02:44 GMT
#17
Great write-up. It is too bad. We will see what the future holds for MBC though.
We think too much and feel too little. More than machinery, we need humanity. More than cleverness, we need kindness and gentleness. Without these qualities, life will be violent and all will be lost. -Charlie Chaplin
mnesthes
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
5433 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-01-20 02:52:51
January 20 2012 02:49 GMT
#18
Goddamn corporate heads ruining everything
Makes me wish I could become a Ghost so I could cloak and snipe all the idiots who made this decision.
<+LighTofHeaveN> Ppl call this "Indigo Children"
Dante08
Profile Blog Joined February 2008
Singapore4189 Posts
January 20 2012 03:11 GMT
#19
I just wish they hold a proper closing ceremony for MSL, it's the least they can do.
Kiett
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States7639 Posts
January 20 2012 03:32 GMT
#20
On January 20 2012 11:02 supernovamaniac wrote:
[image loading]

This was my brother's first visit to MBCgame. He loved it so much.

Few days later, I told him that MBCgame is shutting down.

I've seen my brother getting angry few times in his life, and this was one of them. What can I say? Even someone who wasn't into BW for a long time knows that this is wrong.

Wait, was this you? or your brother?
[image loading]

Cuz I was there that day too, haha. I got so surprised when the camera turned on me ><
[image loading]
Writer:o
1 2 3 4 5 10 11 12 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 7h 52m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 202
NeuroSwarm 148
FoxeR 14
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 1030
Leta 616
Bale 83
League of Legends
Doublelift4156
Other Games
summit1g8616
JimRising 536
ViBE198
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick672
BasetradeTV201
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 100
• Light_VIP 12
• Letter144
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Scarra1086
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
7h 52m
Patches Events
12h 52m
BSL Open Qualifier
16h 52m
BSL Open Qualifier
16h 52m
OSC
20h 52m
OSC
1d 9h
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
4 days
Online Event
5 days
[ Show More ]
Korean StarCraft League
6 days
Afreeca Starleague
6 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.