• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 14:02
CEST 20:02
KST 03:02
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War545.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
$3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
TL Sidebar missing streams BW General Discussion Rollback Netcode in Brood War Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8681 users

Kankar sores...

Forum Index > General Forum
Post a Reply
1 2 3 Next All
SweeTLemonS[TPR]
Profile Blog Joined June 2003
11739 Posts
Last Edited: 2005-07-04 03:50:58
July 04 2005 03:50 GMT
#1
Holy crap, these things SUCK. Seriously, I have two in my mouth right now. One is on the left side near the last tooth in the lower gumline, and the other is on the right side near the last tooth in the upper gumline. THEY HURT! Especially when I get food or something in there.

Anyone know what causes kankar sores? Yes, I know it's a form of herpes. No, I don't suck anything herpes infested, and I don't suck dick at all, in case anyone wants to make a comment about that.
I'm never gonna know you now \ But I'm gonna love you anyhow.
DarkGhost]Coon[
Profile Joined February 2004
United States1471 Posts
July 04 2005 03:51 GMT
#2
On July 04 2005 12:50 SickofLife wrote:
Anyone know what causes kankar sores? Yes, I know it's a form of herpes. No, I don't suck anything herpes infested, and I don't suck dick at all, in case anyone wants to make a comment about that.

Holy shit. Someone is insecure.
Common sense is not so common.
lingwu
Profile Joined August 2004
Japan321 Posts
Last Edited: 2005-07-04 03:52:28
July 04 2005 03:51 GMT
#3
1 ,,floor one

edit: opss late, 2
Hardcore man
dronebabo
Profile Blog Joined December 2003
10866 Posts
July 04 2005 03:54 GMT
#4
--- Nuked ---
gLyo
Profile Blog Joined May 2004
United States2410 Posts
July 04 2005 03:55 GMT
#5
I used to get kankars all the time. Most people don't, and they don't realize the pain of having these things in your mouth. I've had like four at a time and terrible places and I feel your pain, SickofLife. I suggest using Rembrant toothpaste (the one that says something about kankars), because normal toothpaste like Crest has an active ingrediant that totally kills you when you touch the sores, which can lead to poor brushing and a lot of pain. Also, I can't remember the name, but there is a sort of organic pill filled with bacteria (like yogurt, you know?) that you can take, and that's really helped me.
http://benisonline.com
Rayzorblade
Profile Blog Joined September 2004
United States1172 Posts
Last Edited: 2005-07-04 04:16:29
July 04 2005 03:58 GMT
#6
I think it's like mostly males between the ages of 17-25 get them, usually in crops of one or two, canker usually for no reason at all. There is also no real cause for cancer sores, and anyone can get them. It is said that spicy foods can be a cause of canker sores, but researches still don't really know what causes them.

I suggest you do not eat any spicy foods while you have your canker sore, as it will only be irritated even more. Also try to buy a gel (I can't remember the name) that will seal the canker sore over, protecting it from irritation so it will heal faster.I got a pretty bad crop (with fever and swollen lymph nodes) of them last year and I had to go to the doctor, who explained a lot about them.

One way to prevent canker sores from becoming severe is, at first sign of one, wet your index finger, put a shitload of salt on it, and stick that salt-covered puppy directly onto the sore. It will hurt like a motherfucking bitch, but it will most likely cause the thing to go away within the day. Frankly, that's better than the sometimes week-long pain that canker sores can become.
maleorderbride
Profile Joined November 2002
United States2916 Posts
July 04 2005 04:08 GMT
#7
ive always just gargled with warm salt water.
Some cause happiness wherever they go; others, whenever they go.
SweeTLemonS[TPR]
Profile Blog Joined June 2003
11739 Posts
Last Edited: 2005-07-04 04:11:23
July 04 2005 04:08 GMT
#8
On July 04 2005 12:51 DarkGhost]Coon[ wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 04 2005 12:50 SickofLife wrote:
Anyone know what causes kankar sores? Yes, I know it's a form of herpes. No, I don't suck anything herpes infested, and I don't suck dick at all, in case anyone wants to make a comment about that.

Holy shit. Someone is insecure.


No, it's just this other forum I've been posting at, everyone would say that. So, I figured I'd clear the air before anyone decided to make gay jokes.

EDIT: I've been using a lot of listerine, which is also an antiseptic, which should kill any bacteria in there, causing it to heal faster.

I don't get them very often, this is the first time in a LONG time I've had one.
I'm never gonna know you now \ But I'm gonna love you anyhow.
movie bitch
Profile Joined July 2005
Brunei Darussalam11 Posts
July 04 2005 04:11 GMT
#9
On July 04 2005 12:50 SickofLife wrote:
Holy crap, these things SUCK. Seriously, I have two in my mouth right now. One is on the left side near the last tooth in the lower gumline, and the other is on the right side near the last tooth in the upper gumline. THEY HURT! Especially when I get food or something in there.

Anyone know what causes kankar sores? Yes, I know it's a form of herpes. No, I don't suck anything herpes infested, and I don't suck dick at all, in case anyone wants to make a comment about that.


Swish some Jack Danials around in your mouth. Don't suck any dick, you can spread them
Where the hell is Brunei Darussalam?
Rayzorblade
Profile Blog Joined September 2004
United States1172 Posts
July 04 2005 04:13 GMT
#10
By the way, canker sores are not contagious.
lingwu
Profile Joined August 2004
Japan321 Posts
July 04 2005 04:25 GMT
#11
what is a kankar sore is it white spot inside the mouth? if it is then you get when you body heat is high which mean you ate a lot of fried food or didnt drink enough water
Hardcore man
NewbSaibot
Profile Joined May 2004
3849 Posts
July 04 2005 04:45 GMT
#12
ive heard they can be caused by being under high stress, and ive usually found that to directly correlate with the times i get them when im stressed. Your body secretes higher amounts of acid when your are stressed, and it can come out in your saliva, causing it to eat away at the delicate gum tissue starting a kankar sore. I havent had one from stress in a long time, but just last week i bit the shit out of my lower lip while eating something, it began bleeding, and 2 days later turned into a kankar sore. I almost always get one when i bite my lip like this, and thats the only reason i get them anymore.

You can buy nice soothing topical medications from the store, my favorite is just called "Kanka" in a little bottle with a blue top. The stuff is thick like maple syrup and puts a gooey layer over the sore and can stick even in your wet mouth. It also numbs it to zero sensation so you can eat and talk and whatever regularly. It lasts about 4-6 hours so apply it twice a day and youre usually good to go. It stings like shit when you first put it on, but in a good way, like "die mother fucker!".

As for putting salt on the wound, that sounds absurd, and will cause great pain for nothing, probably even make it worse. Salt serves two purposes for wounds, killing bachteria, and absorbing water. While kankar sores are bachterial, you'd be better off using peroxide which doesnt hurt at all.
I went to the chippy last night and only orderd chips because I knew I could get fish from her bushy plate.
KOFgokuon
Profile Blog Joined August 2004
United States14912 Posts
July 04 2005 04:48 GMT
#13
i tend to get them when i eat a shitload of peanuts, dunno
tec27
Profile Blog Joined June 2004
United States3716 Posts
July 04 2005 04:49 GMT
#14
On July 04 2005 12:50 SickofLife wrote:
Holy crap, these things SUCK. Seriously, I have two in my mouth right now. One is on the left side near the last tooth in the lower gumline, and the other is on the right side near the last tooth in the upper gumline. THEY HURT! Especially when I get food or something in there.

Anyone know what causes kankar sores? Yes, I know it's a form of herpes. No, I don't suck anything herpes infested, and I don't suck dick at all, in case anyone wants to make a comment about that.


I used to get them a lot, but not so much any more. What I get now is mostly the result of me accidentally biting my lip or something. I use Campho-Phenique on mine, you just swab it on and it seems to help. If nothing else, it numbs the pain for a while
Can you jam with the console cowboys in cyberspace?
PanoRaMa
Profile Blog Joined June 2003
United States5070 Posts
July 04 2005 05:02 GMT
#15
I always thought canker sores happened if you accidentally bit some part of your mouth (like a bit under your lower lip) and then it kinda swells and hurts and stings and stuff..or is this different?
Rayzorblade
Profile Blog Joined September 2004
United States1172 Posts
July 04 2005 05:14 GMT
#16
On July 04 2005 13:45 NewbSaibot wrote:
As for putting salt on the wound, that sounds absurd, and will cause great pain for nothing, probably even make it worse. Salt serves two purposes for wounds, killing bachteria, and absorbing water. While kankar sores are bachterial, you'd be better off using peroxide which doesnt hurt at all.


It works. I swear by it. Sure, it hurts, but I swear to God it works and the sore goes away within the day. Using peroxide on a Q-tip, which is another method, works as well, but never has seemed to be as effective for me.
HeadBangaa
Profile Blog Joined July 2004
United States6512 Posts
Last Edited: 2005-07-04 05:19:28
July 04 2005 05:17 GMT
#17
ok, so why is everyone trying to get first floor now, I thought this was like the one forum where people don't do that
EDIT: yeah, regarding the topic, I have a kanker sore right now, on my bottom gumline. I didn't know they were a form of herpes or w/e. But I'd rather have kanker sores than cold-sores (sp?)
People who fail to distinguish Socratic Method from malicious trolling are sadly stupid and not worth a response.
SweeTLemonS[TPR]
Profile Blog Joined June 2003
11739 Posts
July 04 2005 05:30 GMT
#18
On July 04 2005 14:17 HeadBangaa wrote:
ok, so why is everyone trying to get first floor now, I thought this was like the one forum where people don't do that
EDIT: yeah, regarding the topic, I have a kanker sore right now, on my bottom gumline. I didn't know they were a form of herpes or w/e. But I'd rather have kanker sores than cold-sores (sp?)


Yeah, I've heard that, at least. Just like cold sores are.

Also, Newb, it's interesting you say that they're a result of stress, because, while it seems trivial to most, there is a lot of stress right now.
I'm never gonna know you now \ But I'm gonna love you anyhow.
VerticalHorizon
Profile Joined September 2004
United States415 Posts
July 04 2005 05:36 GMT
#19
Yah, saltmethod works... but you gotta put a lot.... really, cover that shit.. makes it go away within the day.
Call it the greatest sin to prefer existence over honor and, for the sake of life, to lose the reasons for living. - Juvenal, Satires
Hot_Bid
Profile Blog Joined October 2003
Braavos36402 Posts
July 04 2005 05:56 GMT
#20
On July 04 2005 12:50 SickofLife wrote:
No, I don't suck anything herpes infested, and I don't suck dick at all, in case anyone wants to make a comment about that.


i don't think anyone suspected you of sucking dick -_-

at least i didn't before
@Hot_Bid on Twitter - ESPORTS life since 2010 - http://i.imgur.com/U2psw.png
1 2 3 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
AI Arena Tournament
02:00
Swiss - Round 5
Laughngamez YouTube
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Liquid`TLO 247
BRAT_OK 84
StarCraft: Brood War
Leta 949
Shuttle 635
Horang2 227
firebathero 107
Zeus 78
Hyun 56
soO 49
ToSsGirL 36
Rock 28
scan(afreeca) 17
[ Show more ]
Bishop 12
Sacsri 12
Dota 2
qojqva2211
420jenkins576
Counter-Strike
fl0m5116
Heroes of the Storm
Liquid`Hasu502
Other Games
Grubby2998
FrodaN722
KnowMe231
Livibee169
QueenE72
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick518
StarCraft 2
angryscii 32
[ Show 20 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• 3DClanTV 55
• printf 50
• Adnapsc2 29
• Hinosc 19
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Airneanach91
• FirePhoenix22
• 80smullet 13
• Michael_bg 6
• niya90s 1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Counter-Strike
• C_a_k_e 1870
Other Games
• Shiphtur683
• imaqtpie386
Upcoming Events
BSL: Ladder Tournament
58m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
15h 58m
Patches Events
20h 58m
BSL Open Qualifier
1d
BSL Open Qualifier
1d
OSC
1d 4h
OSC
1d 17h
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
4 days
[ Show More ]
Online Event
5 days
Korean StarCraft League
6 days
Afreeca Starleague
6 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.