• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 23:44
CEST 05:44
KST 12:44
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War585.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
$3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem Fantasy returning? TL Sidebar missing streams
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8186 users

Kankar sores... - Page 2

Forum Index > General Forum
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 Next All
chobopeon
Profile Blog Joined May 2003
United States7342 Posts
July 04 2005 06:06 GMT
#21
On July 04 2005 12:50 SickofLife wrote:
Anyone know what causes kankar sores? Yes, I know it's a form of herpes. No, I don't suck anything herpes infested, and I don't suck dick at all, in case anyone wants to make a comment about that.


Actually I'm one of the most anti-gay people I know, so now you KNOW I haven't!
:O
ManaBlue
Profile Blog Joined July 2004
Canada10458 Posts
July 04 2005 06:10 GMT
#22
Razorblade is 100% correct about the salt. Pretty much any wound in your mouth heals faster if you apply salt (or veeeeery salty water if you wish). The reason this works is because of the environment inside your mouth. Very wet, and a perfect place for bacteria to constantly harass the wound. The salt is also washed away relatively quickly after doing its attiseptic work, so it doesn't hinder healing.

I swear by salt for any sore in the mouth. Trust me, razorblade is right on the button on this one.
ModeratorTL VOD legends: Live2Win, hasuprotoss, Cadical, rinizim, Mani, thedeadhaji, Kennigit, SonuvBob, yakii, fw, pheer, CDRdude, pholon, Uraeus, zatic, baezzi. The contributors make this site what it is. *Props to FakeSteve for respecting the guitar gods*
IntoTheWow
Profile Blog Joined May 2004
is awesome32282 Posts
July 04 2005 06:59 GMT
#23
On July 04 2005 12:54 dronebabo wrote:
brad pitt


ROFL
Moderator<:3-/-<
baal
Profile Joined March 2003
10708 Posts
July 04 2005 07:08 GMT
#24
pansy, they dont hurt that bad.

Im back, in pog form!
lil.sis
Profile Blog Joined March 2005
China4650 Posts
Last Edited: 2005-07-04 07:27:47
July 04 2005 07:27 GMT
#25
i think they are viral and they crop up when your immune system is low

what you can also do is apply baking soda directly to the sore, let it sit for 30 seconds, then rinse with water, and it sticks better than the salt does

listerine also helps
好好喝喝天天快乐
Bill307
Profile Blog Joined October 2002
Canada9103 Posts
Last Edited: 2005-07-04 07:48:35
July 04 2005 07:43 GMT
#26
In all honesty, I rarely have any days when I don't have some kind of sore in my mouth. Usually it's because I bite my lower lip occaisionally, then bite the swollen part again and again because it keeps getting in the way (mmmm fresh blood... tastes like iron). But I'm sure that at least some seem to appear out of nowhere.

It is VERY irritating to have even one sore. For me, they usually end up in places where they are constantly rubbing against my teeth, so I go through much of the day with pain in my mouth. It also makes eating very painful. It's kind of like having an open wound in your arm and sticking salt on it every time you take a bite.

Question: how long do these things last for most people (assuming you don't use that salt trick)? For me they stick around for anywhere from 5-10 days. The ones on my lip definitely last at least 8 days, probably because they get harassed from my teeth, my food, and my toothbrush (oh yeah, brushing is also painful, especially if the sore is on my lower lip because then the bristles usually stab it).

I'm DEFINITELY going to try the salt thing the next time this happens. I always assumed that the sores were your body's natural way of healing tissue damage in your mouth: I never realized that they happen only because the wound gets infected.

Kankar sores are easily the most annoying thing in my life and if I can get rid of them in 1 day rather than 10 I will do it without hesitation. Yes I know it hurts like hell when you put salt on them (I tried it once with just a little salt and then decided to never try it again), but salt gets on them several times a day anyway! I'm more hesitant to use hydrogen peroxide since it's probably toxic to ingest (?) and although I'm obviously going to rinse my mouth out, I'd feel more comfortable with the salt. But if the pain from the salt starts to become intolerable, I'll give it a try. Although, I'd be surprised if it didn't sting the same way that salt will: I've had H2O2 on my knees as a kid after falling and scraping them, and it hurt like crazy.

Besides biting my lip/mouth, I've wondered if they might be caused by simple sugars the way that cavities are if you don't clean the sugary plaque off your teeth (or rather, the acids secreted by the bacteria that eat the sugar, iirc). It makes sense that if it can corrode your tough teeth, then it should be able to corrode your gums and the sides of your mouth as well.

On a lighter note, I have a friend who... well let's just say he wasn't very "careful" with his body. e.g. he was one of those people who would intentionally punch concrete. I think he watched too much DBZ. Anyway, he once told me that the trick to getting rid of a kanker sore is to keep biting it / chewing on it. Needless to say I never took his advice, and I don't suggest anyone here take it either .
NewbSaibot
Profile Joined May 2004
3849 Posts
July 04 2005 09:23 GMT
#27
bahaha chew on your kankar sores, now theres a revolting thought. He probably caused so much tissue damage that the body would resort to scabbing and scarring to heal it up stronger. Peroxide is toxic to ingest, but we're talkin in quantities, like swallowing a mouthful. A little on the tip of a q-tip aint gonna do nothin. They arent caused by plaque because plaque requires a surface to bind to, like bone, and not the maleable surface of your lip.

Im tellin you man, buy medication, kanka or ambesol. Ambesol just numbs the pain after a quick shock of sting, kanka puts this thick coating on it to protect it AND numb it. You can even bite right down on it and you wont penetrate its thick orange gooey layer. I'd say it cuts heal time down to 4 days. It's worth the 5 bucks man. You try that salt thing, i bet you it wont heal up in one day like razor claims. Maybe it does for him, but youll probably either end up bleeding, or in such caustic pain youll be punching your jaw to soothe it.
I went to the chippy last night and only orderd chips because I knew I could get fish from her bushy plate.
Liquid`Jinro
Profile Blog Joined September 2002
Sweden33719 Posts
Last Edited: 2005-07-04 09:30:42
July 04 2005 09:29 GMT
#28
On July 04 2005 13:08 maleorderbride wrote:
ive always just gargled with warm salt water.

Ok, wasn't sure if he was talking about the same thing but yeah, I do the same ;P

The english term sounds so much more serious than the swedish
Moderatortell the guy that interplanatar interaction is pivotal to terrans variety of optionitudals in the pre-midgame preperatories as well as the protosstinal deterriggation of elite zergling strikes - Stimey n | Formerly FrozenArbiter
Cloud
Profile Blog Joined November 2004
Sexico5880 Posts
July 04 2005 09:42 GMT
#29
http://www.cankersorecure.info/logon.cfm
from the google ads above the thread =O
BlueLaguna on West, msg for game.
hasuwar
Profile Joined April 2003
7365 Posts
July 04 2005 09:42 GMT
#30
just wash your mouth out with salt water and call it a day
Diablo3 ID: Exalted#1710 -------R.I.P. http://hasuwar.isgsa.org. Much love to Toptalent
SweeTLemonS[TPR]
Profile Blog Joined June 2003
11739 Posts
July 04 2005 09:49 GMT
#31
On July 04 2005 18:23 NewbSaibot wrote:
bahaha chew on your kankar sores, now theres a revolting thought. He probably caused so much tissue damage that the body would resort to scabbing and scarring to heal it up stronger. Peroxide is toxic to ingest, but we're talkin in quantities, like swallowing a mouthful. A little on the tip of a q-tip aint gonna do nothin. They arent caused by plaque because plaque requires a surface to bind to, like bone, and not the maleable surface of your lip.

Im tellin you man, buy medication, kanka or ambesol. Ambesol just numbs the pain after a quick shock of sting, kanka puts this thick coating on it to protect it AND numb it. You can even bite right down on it and you wont penetrate its thick orange gooey layer. I'd say it cuts heal time down to 4 days. It's worth the 5 bucks man. You try that salt thing, i bet you it wont heal up in one day like razor claims. Maybe it does for him, but youll probably either end up bleeding, or in such caustic pain youll be punching your jaw to soothe it.


I actually tried, and I doubt it's going to go away in a single day. It stung like hell for a few seconds, but nothing worse than anything else getting in there. I don't want to spend money on this, though, so I'll just suck it up, I guess.

baal, they don't hurt too badly, but they are really annoying.
I'm never gonna know you now \ But I'm gonna love you anyhow.
January
Profile Joined May 2004
123 Posts
July 04 2005 10:17 GMT
#32
I've used salt on a kankar and i don't really think it hurts as bad as you all make it out to, though perhaps my pain tolerance is just higher then most people here.
On February 07 2005 14:57 Nal_Testie wrote: Everytime i came home from his house something of mine was sore.
shmay
Profile Blog Joined July 2004
United States1091 Posts
July 04 2005 15:00 GMT
#33
i get canker sores all the time what causes them are nuts and acidic fruit like oranges. it happens normally when you get a cut in your mouth and gets infected and yeah it hurts like a bitch.

i use a toothpaste called rembrandt that is made specifically for canker sore sufferers because supposedly normal brands have some sort of chemical that helps to cause them. to get rid of mine i just use canker sore medicine.
rel
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
Guam3521 Posts
July 04 2005 16:12 GMT
#34
the correct spelling is canker, kanker bothers me.
I'll tank push my way into her heart. ☮♥&$!
baal
Profile Joined March 2003
10708 Posts
July 04 2005 16:17 GMT
#35
Pyralvex works pretty good.

btw i used to get them pretty often, to the point i always had a couple, eventually i got used to having them and they didnt hurt at all

I stopped giving BJs to the hobos and now i dont have them anymore yay!.
Im back, in pog form!
TreY
Profile Joined March 2004
United States997 Posts
July 04 2005 17:37 GMT
#36
I have 3 in my mouth now... one on my lower lip by my front teeth, another beside it and one on the far left side of my mouth. I know your pain, I'm just letting them heal on their own.
Team [LighT]
insaneknights
Profile Joined January 2005
482 Posts
July 04 2005 18:01 GMT
#37
The worst is when its in the way back right next to your tounge or underneath it. Feels like you have a sore throat and swollowing anything including your spit is a real pain in the ass.
Casper...
Profile Joined October 2002
Liberia4948 Posts
July 04 2005 18:16 GMT
#38
try not sucking cock for a week
JAM THE FUCKER!
ReRebanned
Profile Joined June 2005
United States37 Posts
July 04 2005 20:30 GMT
#39
Fucking Casper, Fuck it, I got no shame.
ReRebanned
Profile Joined June 2005
United States37 Posts
July 04 2005 20:30 GMT
#40
On July 04 2005 12:50 SickofLife wrote:
Holy crap, these things SUCK. Seriously, I have two in my mouth right now. One is on the left side near the last tooth in the lower gumline, and the other is on the right side near the last tooth in the upper gumline. THEY HURT! Especially when I get food or something in there.

Anyone know what causes kankar sores? Yes, I know it's a form of herpes. No, I don't suck anything herpes infested, and I don't suck dick at all, in case anyone wants to make a comment about that.


You probably got it from suckin some guys dick.
Prev 1 2 3 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 6h 16m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 252
FoxeR 33
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 3875
Leta 1976
Bale 52
Shine 26
Icarus 5
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm197
Other Games
summit1g8402
JimRising 568
WinterStarcraft468
ViBE157
Mew2King24
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick670
BasetradeTV189
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• davetesta22
• Letter1412
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Lourlo791
Other Games
• Scarra1061
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6h 16m
Patches Events
11h 16m
BSL Open Qualifier
15h 16m
BSL Open Qualifier
15h 16m
OSC
19h 16m
OSC
1d 8h
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
4 days
Online Event
5 days
[ Show More ]
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
6 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.