• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 03:06
CEST 09:06
KST 16:06
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon106
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] 2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach Bot on ladder BW General Discussion PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 6780 users

[Interview] Up and Down Day 2 Winners

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
1 2 Next All
Lixler
Profile Joined March 2010
United States265 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-09-07 20:02:04
September 07 2011 20:01 GMT
#1
Losira

[image loading]
Source = http://thisisgame.com/board/view.php?id=765174&category=13439

Q: Today was very difficult. How are you feeling?
A: I remained in Code S so I'm happy. This has given me the chance to look back.

Q: Look back how?

A: This season, rather than continuing to practice I took a break for a week or so. This was because there were 2 weeks remaining [until the Up and Downs]. Then I practiced as much as I rested in order to be able to stay in Code S. This seemed to help a lot, and I'm really happy. I think that I occasionally need to rest. I want to really thank the coach for allowing me to take such a long break.

Q: The re-re-matches were unexpected.

A: Because I didn't have a special interest in the Up and Down matches, I only learned about these complicated situations recently. But I wasn't particularly attached to my build, so I used general management styles. I have confidence in these sorts of situations, so I was confident I could win in the re-re-matches.

Q: Did you get worried that you would drop to Code A?

A: Yes. Naturally I was worried. But because I was worried I got shaken up, and I really thought I would drop to Code A. Therefore I just buckled down and focused and was able to stay in Code S. I will take this opportunity to become a better player.

Q: It was very regrettable that you lost in the Round of 32 last season.

A: This season, I see the players who rose to the finals and I get really frustrated. I will practice hard next season and definitely win.

Q: Which of today's games was the hardest?

A: The tiebreaker game with Jjakji was the hardest. I was dazed and so I used a weird build. I hadn't even used this build once before. If I'm not in a good mental state, I definitely lose. I tried quickly to change the build into my usual management style. This game was my hardest and most important game today.

Q: What things are most important in order for you to win next season?

A: The amount of practice. It's important to practice with a lot of people. Also, it helps you with mental control. You need to practice in a way that helps you efficiently fix your weak points.

Q: Anything else you want to say?
A: I want to thank our team's dreamertt (Kim Ji Hoon) for enthusiastically helping me in practice. He really helped a lot. IMSeed didn't practice with me too much, but he gave me advice on builds and came to the Gom studio with me today. I also want to thank IMHappy, IMTrue, and IMHorror. Thanks to SlayersGolden, TSL_JYP, and TSL_Revival as well. Finally, I want to thank ZenexLife.




Jjakji

[image loading]
Source = http://thisisgame.com/board/view.php?id=765175&category=13439

Q: This is your first time rising to Code S. How do you feel?
A: I was stressed during preparation for the Up and Downs, but my result was good so I'm happy. The games were difficult, so I'm even happier that I won.

Q: This is your first time in Code A and your first time in the Up and Downs, but your result was good. It seems like you will do well next season.
A: It feels like I can do well in Code S next season. If the group selection is good for me, I think I might be able to get to the Round of 8 or even the semifinals.

Q: No one could have predicted the re-re-matches.
A: I won three times in the groups, so I thought it wouldn't go to regames. I beat Losira first so I felt good, but then I lost to Check, so it turned out this way. I had to have won 4 games. I hoped that Check would win the ninth game, but then he lost, so it had to go to rematches.

Q: It went to regames, then it went to re-re-games. Wasn't this difficult?
A: In the re-re-games my wrist started to hurt. So I just focused more.

Q: Your win against Check on Xel'Naga Fortress was important. Before the game started, what were you thinking?
A: I didn't know that I would advance if I won, so I wasn't thinking anything special. I thought after I won, I would still have to win another game. But then the game ended and my coach congratulated me on advancing. (laughs)

Q: What would be good for you in the group selections?
A: Not being in a group with Terrans, because I don't like TvT. It's not that I don't think I can win, I just don't especially like it. Since there are so many Terrans this probably won't happen, but if my group was at least not 4 Terrans, I'd be glad.

Q: Your team seems to help a lot.
A: It seems like I changed my builds on Terminus and Bel'Shir Beach five times. For Terminus, MarinekingPrime told me a lot of really good strategies.

Q: Anything else you want to say?

A: I want to thank MVPDongraegu, SlayersCoca, and oGsZenio for their help in practice. The Code A qualifiers were held recently, but everyone on the team except Sage failed to get through. It hope that everyone can advance next time.
Dandel Ion
Profile Joined November 2010
Austria17960 Posts
September 07 2011 20:07 GMT
#2
On September 08 2011 05:01 Lixler wrote:
In the re-re-games my wrist started to hurt. So I just focused more.


True baller right here
A backwards poet writes inverse.
OhMyGawd
Profile Joined February 2011
United States264 Posts
September 07 2011 20:09 GMT
#3
Eventually Losira's hair will grow to a point where he will go super saiyan and he will win a GSL finals.
zomg
Sandro
Profile Joined April 2011
897 Posts
September 07 2011 20:14 GMT
#4
On September 08 2011 05:09 OhMyGawd wrote:
Eventually Losira's hair will grow to a point where he will go super saiyan and he will win a GSL finals.

Yeah, is it just me or is it getting lighter and lighter.
AXygnus
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Portugal1008 Posts
September 07 2011 20:16 GMT
#5
On September 08 2011 05:09 OhMyGawd wrote:
Eventually Losira's hair will grow to a point where he will go super saiyan and he will win a GSL finals.


But it seems so out of place...
"To create, to recreate. To create, to recreate. Down to the last seed, I stand with a dark stare. Still silent. Still frighteningly silent."
Trukk
Profile Joined April 2011
United States38 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-09-07 20:20:29
September 07 2011 20:17 GMT
#6
Wow, Jjakji has ridiculous practice partners. That one interview Artosis had a few months ago that said Jjakji would be a strong up-and-comer was spot on.

Edit: Just noticed, 5th in Korean ELO. Jeez. 70% wins in the last month or so.
zarepath
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States1626 Posts
September 07 2011 20:20 GMT
#7
Q: It was very regrettable that you lost in the Round of 32 last season.
A: This season, I see the players who rose to the finals and I get really frustrated. I will practice hard next season and definitely win.


Ohhhhh snap.
"Your efforts you put in will never betray you." - Flash | "If I'm not good enough, I don't wanna win." - Naniwa
MrCon
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
France29748 Posts
September 07 2011 20:25 GMT
#8
On September 08 2011 05:07 Dandel Ion wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 08 2011 05:01 Lixler wrote:
In the re-re-games my wrist started to hurt. So I just focused more.


True baller right here

And "A: I want to thank MVPDongraegu, SlayersCoca, and oGsZenio for their help in practice."
This guy can afford some decent practice partners ! (and he has MKP to gice advice)
Thanks Lixler , you're a boss <3
babylon
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
8765 Posts
September 07 2011 20:34 GMT
#9
Q: Your win against Check on Xel'Naga Fortress was important. Before the game started, what were you thinking?

A: I didn't know that I would advance if I won, so I wasn't thinking anything special. I thought after I won, I would still have to win another game. But then the game ended and my coach congratulated me on advancing. (laughs)

Hahaha, just keep playing until they tell you to stop, Jjakji.

Congrats to these two! They deserved to make it through with their play last night. Also, thanks for the translation!
DeepBlu2
Profile Blog Joined April 2004
United States975 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-09-07 20:46:55
September 07 2011 20:44 GMT
#10
Losira is such an amazing player. I wish he took the game a little less serious, after losses especially. It really sucks seeing him down or players like MKP after they lose. On another note, jjaki is and always has been underrated. He's one, if not the best player on Hoseo in my opinion, definitely best terran on Hoseo, and his TvZ especially is solid. Players who don't have major wins are constantly overlooked in the SC2 community, which was kind of different a couple of years ago...Jjaki is a good example, one of many players, who are very good but don't have the wins on their belts yet to get recognition, even though they deserve it.
u gotta sk8
Sandro
Profile Joined April 2011
897 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-09-07 20:47:20
September 07 2011 20:46 GMT
#11
OP could you possibly start including links to previous translations at the end of your post like Phosgene did? I missed Up and Down Day 1 winners.

And thanks for all the work you've done thus far.
Blazinghand *
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States25562 Posts
September 07 2011 20:47 GMT
#12
On September 08 2011 05:34 babylon wrote:
Show nested quote +
Q: Your win against Check on Xel'Naga Fortress was important. Before the game started, what were you thinking?

A: I didn't know that I would advance if I won, so I wasn't thinking anything special. I thought after I won, I would still have to win another game. But then the game ended and my coach congratulated me on advancing. (laughs)

Hahaha, just keep playing until they tell you to stop, Jjakji.

Congrats to these two! They deserved to make it through with their play last night. Also, thanks for the translation!


Dude jjakji was ready for another game. That was, like, he's 7th in that series. He'd be down for more

Man he looks really happy. I'll have to follow this guy in Code S. I hope he does well, he seems like a rising star.
When you stare into the iCCup, the iCCup stares back.
TL+ Member
MrCon
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
France29748 Posts
September 07 2011 20:50 GMT
#13
On September 08 2011 05:44 DeepBlu2 wrote:
Losira is such an amazing player. I wish he took the game a little less serious, after losses especially. It really sucks seeing him down or players like MKP after they lose. On another note, jjaki is and always has been underrated. He's one, if not the best player on Hoseo in my opinion, definitely best terran on Hoseo, and his TvZ especially is solid. Players who don't have major wins are constantly overlooked in the SC2 community, which was kind of different a couple of years ago...Jjaki is a good example, one of many players, who are very good but don't have the wins on their belts yet to get recognition, even though they deserve it.

Yeah. And even if today he played well, he had 'bad' marine micro (except in the very last game). He took a lot of big baneling hits on marines while he was macroing or managing a ling counter in his base.
But when he takes care of his marines, he is incredible. He's the brutalizer :D
Lixler
Profile Joined March 2010
United States265 Posts
September 07 2011 20:55 GMT
#14
On September 08 2011 05:46 Sandro wrote:
OP could you possibly start including links to previous translations at the end of your post like Phosgene did? I missed Up and Down Day 1 winners.

And thanks for all the work you've done thus far.

I don't know if anyone translated those, but I can start doing that
ravemir
Profile Joined April 2011
Portugal595 Posts
September 07 2011 21:02 GMT
#15
Congrats on both. I was browsing the Korean ELO for the first time yesterday and I noticed this guy was way up there. "Never heared of him" Checked wikipedia and it said he got Code A this season, and was on the Up-and-Downs for today. "Wow, now I WANT him to win"

Turns out MC was eliminated, but at least these two great players also got their chance at greatness
"more gg, more skill"
fezvez
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
France3021 Posts
September 07 2011 21:16 GMT
#16
Q: What would be good for you in the group selections?
A: Not being in a group with Terrans, because I don't like TvT. It's not that I don't think I can win, I just don't especially like it. Since there are so many Terrans this probably won't happen, but if my group was at least not 4 Terrans, I'd be glad.


Thank you Jjakji! You understand our pain as viewers!
blade55555
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
United States17423 Posts
September 07 2011 21:46 GMT
#17
On September 08 2011 05:14 Sandro wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 08 2011 05:09 OhMyGawd wrote:
Eventually Losira's hair will grow to a point where he will go super saiyan and he will win a GSL finals.

Yeah, is it just me or is it getting lighter and lighter.


Well he's ascending past super sayain. :D
When I think of something else, something will go here
GhoSt[shield]
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada2131 Posts
September 09 2011 00:58 GMT
#18
On September 08 2011 05:01 Lixler wrote:
Jjakji

Q: Anything else you want to say?

A: I want to thank MVPDongraegu, SlayersCoca, and oGsZenio for their help in practice.


Beastly practice partners for Jjakji vZ. Some ZvT ballers in that list with DRG and Zenio.

Congrats Losira and Jjakji, those were some great matches with Check really showing up and taking games off everyone.
Champi
Profile Joined March 2010
1422 Posts
September 09 2011 01:14 GMT
#19
i think jjakji is gonna be scary next season, and i think terrans who are having trouble with their play should deffinitely study his games.

also grats to losira my fave zerg <3
Tatari
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
United States1179 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-09-09 02:15:46
September 09 2011 02:15 GMT
#20
Ah my god Losira, fix your hair! It looks like it's a neon yellow ><

Grats to him though. He deserves to stay in Code S.
A fed jungler is no longer a jungler, but a terrorist.
1 2 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 2h 54m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SortOf 153
StarCraft: Brood War
actioN 277
HiyA 262
Shine 75
Mong 73
NotJumperer 36
Bale 31
Noble 13
Icarus 9
Light 0
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm191
League of Legends
JimRising 602
Counter-Strike
Coldzera 807
Heroes of the Storm
WinterStarcraft760
Other Games
summit1g8955
PiGStarcraft378
ceh9348
Happy344
Livibee114
ArmadaUGS35
RuFF_SC227
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick547
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream517
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH64
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Pr0nogo 4
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2361
League of Legends
• Lourlo1422
• Rush1411
• Stunt457
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2h 54m
Afreeca Starleague
2h 54m
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
16h 54m
Kung Fu Cup
1d 3h
The PondCast
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
4 days
Online Event
4 days
FEL
4 days
AI Arena Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.