• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 15:26
CEST 21:26
KST 04:26
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror2[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup8StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)67Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? Sagi.gg Launcher Released BW General Discussion PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9333 users

[Stream] Sm0b

Forum Index > User Streams
Post a Reply
sm0b
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
United States157 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-10-08 02:53:28
August 24 2011 21:30 GMT
#1
Hi guys,

ABOUT ME: My name is Smob and I've decided to start streaming and casting on a regular basis.

A little about myself, I have played SC2 since the beta where I played Zerg (top 25 Masters) up until about a month ago when I switched to Terran for a few weeks to try something new. After those few weeks (and competing in MLG Anaheim) I realized Terran is fun but I want to try Protoss.

I've been playing Protoss for about a week now and enjoying it a lot and I thought that if I streamed my learning experience with a new race maybe it can help someone else out in the sames shoes as me.

As of now, I consider myself a Random player although when I ladder I typically chose a race to work on certain builds but in tournaments I will be Random.

I like to analyze my own replays as well as professional replays to help my understanding of different match ups on different maps.

As of late Crotchammer and I have been working on our casting so please be sure to check out our youtube page

YOUTUBE PAGE: www.youtube.com/Smobcraft

I occasionally coach some of my friend and I might stream those sessions now as well.

I play on NA, EU, and KR servers and typically listen to a lot of heavy metal on my stream.

I like to interact with others about Starcraft so feel free to message me on my stream or contact me in game.

WHEN: My streaming schedule is as follows (also, this shows the times I will be doing free coaching so if you do contact me for coaching it has to be during these times):

Tuesday:
6pm PST - 9pm PST: User Coaching Sessions (if no session is happening I will do some of my own replays analysis)

9pm-10:30pm PST: Crotchhammer's Road to Masters
11pm PST and later: Ladder Streaming

Wednesdays:
7pm PST - 9pm PST User submitted replay discussion with chat interaction
11pm PST and later: Ladder Streaming

Thursdays:
6pm - 9pm PST Coaching Sessions
11pm PST and later: Ladder Streaming

Friday:
3pm - whenever Free air time. Could be laddering, coaching, going over replays, etc. Unless I have a tournament to cast

Saturdays and Sundays typically I won't be streaming unless I'm casting a tournament.

WHO: Smob.497 in all regions.

WHERE: Stream URL: http://www.justin.tv/smob

Contact Email: Contact me for any questions regarding coaching, casting, submitting replays, or any other general questions @ Smobcraft@gmail.com
Thank you!
sm0b
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
United States157 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-09-05 23:02:50
September 05 2011 23:01 GMT
#2
Hey guys,

I have started to casting along side a friend of mine, Crotchammer.

I only have one video uploaded bc it's the only cast that was short enough to put on Youtube. This was our "rough draft" cast, meaning this was the first time we've ever cast (neither of us practiced either) so there was a sense of nervousness and it's pretty apparent when you watch the cast.\

Here's the URL:


If you guys could provide some feedback I'd really appreciate it, I do want to start casting a lot and doing some self-commentary while I'm streaming and I'd like to know what you guys would like to see.

Thanks guys!

PS: live now on the Korean server Nevermind, thought my laptop could handle streaming but it can't T.T
sm0b
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
United States157 Posts
September 07 2011 19:44 GMT
#3
Crothammer and I just finished our practice casts of the bo3 series from the Gigabyte Cup #1 of Goody and Dimaga. They are up on our youtube page, if you guys could check the videos out and leave me some feedback either here or on my youtube page I'd really appreciate it.

There are some obvious sound level issues in our cast, try to ignore them I know they are there and they will be fixed for future casts; it was 4am when the uploading was ready when I noticed the sound being so off. I had class the next morning and it was too late to re-cast them so I just put them up.

Again, we're not looking for "likes" or subscriptions, just some feedback on our casting so we can improve. We're going to be casting some tournaments here in the near future and we'd like to give them best broadcast we can to our potential viewers.

Anyways, I'm going to be streaming a coaching session tonight. If anyone is interested in some free coaching let me know, I am at the Masters level with all three races. The only match-up I wouldn't feel comfortable teaching someone is PvP. Other than that, contact me in game or PM me on TL.net if you want a free coaching session.

Take care TL!
sm0b
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
United States157 Posts
September 08 2011 03:41 GMT
#4
Going live in 15 minutes with a coaching session with my co-caster Crotchammer, tune in!
sm0b
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
United States157 Posts
September 12 2011 21:01 GMT
#5
Updated OP with schedule and new stream location (Own3d.tv works out better for me than Justin.tv so I switched).

I have some open blocks for my free coaching Tuesday 6-8pm PST and Thursday 6pm-9pm this week so contact me if you are interested in and tune in tomorrow night at 6pm and let the learning commence!
No ID
Profile Joined May 2011
United States8 Posts
September 14 2011 07:42 GMT
#6
I coached with sm0b this evening and it was really helpful. I'd check him out if you're looking for a good Masters league Random coach. My TvP has been looking a lot better after working with him tonight.

Thanks again!
Nade
Profile Joined September 2011
Canada14 Posts
September 17 2011 17:13 GMT
#7
hey smob are you free today at 3 ?
smofet
Profile Joined September 2011
United States1 Post
September 18 2011 02:46 GMT
#8
i <3 smobcraft
sm0b
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
United States157 Posts
September 28 2011 01:09 GMT
#9
going live with our coaching session tonight in about 10 minutes.
Reithan
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States360 Posts
September 28 2011 05:18 GMT
#10
I just had a coaching session with Smob and I'd like to say that of the several Masters, GM and Diamond-level coaches I've come in contact with, he is easily one of the best if not the best. His coaching style is very down to earth, easy to follow, easy to learn from and he covers a lot of ground very quickly without being overwhelming.

He's able to quickly cover a lot of problems with mechanics, play-style, thought process and attitude and roll it all into strategy and build orders, making it all instantly applicable to you, as with a really good charismatic personality.

I easily made more progress with less frustration in 1 session with Smob than I did in 2-3 weeks beforehand. I would recommend him as a coach definitely to any Zerg looking to improve their game.
http://www.teamliquid.net/blog/Xanthus730 ***** http://www.twitch.tv/reithan
sm0b
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
United States157 Posts
October 08 2011 02:53 GMT
#11
Switching back to jtv, new stream location is


http://www.justin.tv/smob
sm0b
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
United States157 Posts
December 29 2012 00:49 GMT
#12
Hello guys,

I am back to streaming now that class is over. I have switched to Heart of the Swarm and am currently playing Random. If you guys want to practice or talk strategy I will be checking chat between games.

I have also updated my rig and will be streaming @ 60 fps in 720p!

I am also trying to start a HotS clan so pm if you are interested in playing practicing and playing in clan wars.

Will be sticking to www.twitch.tv/smob so you can reach me there.
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
BSL Open Qualifier
04:00
Jungsu & Hasu #2
LiquipediaDiscussion
BSL Open Qualifier
04:00
PRO & GOSU #2
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
JuggernautJason179
BRAT_OK 84
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 14592
Artosis 491
Mini 261
Dewaltoss 134
Mind 77
ZZZero.O 54
Hyun 38
Bale 24
NaDa 20
Dota 2
qojqva2773
420jenkins558
League of Legends
Doublelift132
Counter-Strike
fl0m4057
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby5652
Khaldor1342
Liquid`Hasu1053
MindelVK17
Other Games
summit1g4981
FrodaN2051
B2W.Neo805
byalli633
ToD204
Railgan45
Mew2King42
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1161
BasetradeTV231
StarCraft 2
angryscii 43
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream42
[ Show 19 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Adnapsc2 34
• Reevou 7
• StrangeGG 4
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• 80smullet 23
• Azhi_Dahaki14
• FirePhoenix8
• FT.aCt)Sony1
• niya90s 1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 3563
Other Games
• imaqtpie885
• Shiphtur295
Upcoming Events
Replay Cast
3h 34m
Afreeca Starleague
14h 34m
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
15h 34m
Monday Night Weeklies
20h 34m
Replay Cast
1d 3h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 14h
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1d 15h
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
[ Show More ]
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Patches Events
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.