• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 17:52
CEST 23:52
KST 06:52
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 20269Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ BW General Discussion GG Lan Fest Sofia, Bulgaria [this November]
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8334 users

Trying To Get out of Silver

Forum Index > Closed
Post a Reply
1 2 Next All
JohanasAbdul
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
21 Posts
July 01 2011 23:46 GMT
#1
Hello, friends.

I am a mid level silver player with about 1,000 games played on the North American server. I play the race Terran.

I've been having a lot of trouble winning games lately because of cheese, but when i'm playing my normal I think im easily masters level.

I've placed high in some silver tournaments, and I constantly review my replays and watch Day9 Dailies. I'm currently looking for a sponsored team to fly me out to Anaheim, so I can compete with some of the best. I know this sounds weird since i'm just silver, but as long as nothing out of the ordinary happens I'm pretty much master level.

I've been working a lot on my apm doing various exercises and routines, and I've gotten it up to about 70. Which is more than EGAxslav, which means I am basically grandmasters level If nothing weird happens.

I'm not your normal silver player, I take every game like my life depends on it. I'm trying to start new and intuitive styles that make the game less coin flippy and more micro dependent.

Lately I've been doing the quick siege tank expand build. Gas first, then Barracks. Make a few marines then Tech Lab on Barracks and switch with factory. That can get out some really fast tanks. I usually push with about 8 tanks and a few helions, but generally if my opponent goes early mutalisks I just lose my army.

Yesterday, while I was masturbating, I thought of this really new cool build. I've only gotten a chance to try it a few times because there have been a lot of tournaments on lately. Generally when players go banshees they will make a few helions since helions don't cost gas and they have a factory. I'm trying to change the metagame by starting out with a few reapers in a medivac, to force roaches, then make a lot of banshees. I think it would work well as long as I deny scouting with vikings. Sadly, this build is directly countered by queens. Just got to hope your opponent doesn't make them! Haha.

Alright so thats my blog for now, I'm going to start typing up another one but I don't want to make a huge wall of text.

Thanks for reading!

JohanasAbdul
Fragmaaad
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States123 Posts
July 01 2011 23:51 GMT
#2
Yeah man this kid has kicked my ass countless times. Though I am only in masters atm.. And I dont make queens. I will also admit his APM is beyond my comprehension.
Gangnam style
JohanasAbdul
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
21 Posts
July 01 2011 23:52 GMT
#3
On July 02 2011 08:51 Fragmaaad wrote:
Yeah man this kid has kicked my ass countless times. Though I am only in masters atm.. And I dont make queens. I will also admit his APM is beyond my comprehension.


I'm sorry, I don't recall playing you.

What is your in game name?
Fragmaaad
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States123 Posts
July 01 2011 23:54 GMT
#4
d1kballs69.
Gangnam style
JohanasAbdul
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
21 Posts
July 01 2011 23:55 GMT
#5
On July 02 2011 08:54 Fragmaaad wrote:
d1kballs69.


Sir, you are not amusing me. I realize that says "DickBalls69", and you can't even have numbers in your name.

Please, leave.
Fragmaaad
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States123 Posts
July 01 2011 23:57 GMT
#6
On July 02 2011 08:55 JohanasAbdul wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 02 2011 08:54 Fragmaaad wrote:
d1kballs69.


Sir, you are not amusing me. I realize that says "DickBalls69", and you can't even have numbers in your name.

Please, leave.



Look man. Im in love with you. I always have been. I constantly try to impress you. I rub your back when ever you want. I lick your toes all the time. We have hardcore licking sessions. and all in all i think ive fallen for you. please give me a chance.
Gangnam style
Torte de Lini
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Germany38463 Posts
July 01 2011 23:58 GMT
#7
I'm currently looking for a sponsored team to fly me out to Anaheim, so I can compete with some of the best. I know this sounds weird since i'm just silver, but as long as nothing out of the ordinary happens I'm pretty much master level.


Let's be realistic. Why would a sponsored team want to fly out someone who has no potential to actually get very far from a tournament? I'm not shitting on you, but it is a bit unlikely, no?

Yesterday, while I was masturbating, I thought of this really new cool build. I've only gotten a chance to try it a few times because there have been a lot of tournaments on lately.


What?

Best of luck, the guy who first replied is a bad troll.
https://twitter.com/#!/TorteDeLini (@TorteDeLini)
JohanasAbdul
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
21 Posts
July 01 2011 23:59 GMT
#8
On July 02 2011 08:57 Fragmaaad wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 02 2011 08:55 JohanasAbdul wrote:
On July 02 2011 08:54 Fragmaaad wrote:
d1kballs69.


Sir, you are not amusing me. I realize that says "DickBalls69", and you can't even have numbers in your name.

Please, leave.



Look man. Im in love with you. I always have been. I constantly try to impress you. I rub your back when ever you want. I lick your toes all the time. We have hardcore licking sessions. and all in all i think ive fallen for you. please give me a chance.


Honestly I have no idea who you are - but I would like to get to know you. I like a man that rubs my back whenever I want, and constantly tries to impress me. However, "hardcore licking sessions" don't really... sound normal. And it also scares me how you are saying all of this in past tense, as I do not recall any of it.

Where are you from and how old are you?
JohanasAbdul
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
21 Posts
July 02 2011 00:02 GMT
#9
On July 02 2011 08:58 Torte de Lini wrote:
Show nested quote +
I'm currently looking for a sponsored team to fly me out to Anaheim, so I can compete with some of the best. I know this sounds weird since i'm just silver, but as long as nothing out of the ordinary happens I'm pretty much master level.


Let's be realistic. Why would a sponsored team want to fly out someone who has no potential to actually get very far from a tournament? I'm not shitting on you, but it is a bit unlikely, no?

Show nested quote +
Yesterday, while I was masturbating, I thought of this really new cool build. I've only gotten a chance to try it a few times because there have been a lot of tournaments on lately.


What?

Best of luck, the guy who first replied is a bad troll.


Yeah buddy, lets be realistic. Players aren't automatically the best in the world when they start out, most people start at really low levels and grind out a lot of games to get to where they are. Take a look at the Korean Pro-Gaming teams, they always recruit unknown players with a lot of potential and the stride to be the very best - and I've got both of those.

Everyone's always talking about how we need to follow the Korean training regime in order to be as good as them, why don't we start now... with me? Pick me up! xD
Fragmaaad
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States123 Posts
July 02 2011 00:02 GMT
#10
Well, I'm from the U.S. But I dont actually "own" a house per say but i'm working on it. also i am 47 and my name is torte de Lini. ( I know weird name right?) anyways I would really like to get to know you. But I do not have any means of transportaion nor do i smell good. Please forgive me.
Gangnam style
Torte de Lini
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Germany38463 Posts
July 02 2011 00:04 GMT
#11
On July 02 2011 09:02 JohanasAbdul wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 02 2011 08:58 Torte de Lini wrote:
I'm currently looking for a sponsored team to fly me out to Anaheim, so I can compete with some of the best. I know this sounds weird since i'm just silver, but as long as nothing out of the ordinary happens I'm pretty much master level.


Let's be realistic. Why would a sponsored team want to fly out someone who has no potential to actually get very far from a tournament? I'm not shitting on you, but it is a bit unlikely, no?

Yesterday, while I was masturbating, I thought of this really new cool build. I've only gotten a chance to try it a few times because there have been a lot of tournaments on lately.


What?

Best of luck, the guy who first replied is a bad troll.


Yeah buddy, lets be realistic. Players aren't automatically the best in the world when they start out, most people start at really low levels and grind out a lot of games to get to where they are. Take a look at the Korean Pro-Gaming teams, they always recruit unknown players with a lot of potential and the stride to be the very best - and I've got both of those.

Everyone's always talking about how we need to follow the Korean training regime in order to be as good as them, why don't we start now... with me? Pick me up! xD


I think you need to do a bit more research on how the process works. :3
https://twitter.com/#!/TorteDeLini (@TorteDeLini)
JohanasAbdul
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
21 Posts
July 02 2011 00:05 GMT
#12
On July 02 2011 09:02 Fragmaaad wrote:
Well, I'm from the U.S. But I dont actually "own" a house per say but i'm working on it. also i am 47 and my name is torte de Lini. ( I know weird name right?) anyways I would really like to get to know you. But I do not have any means of transportaion nor do i smell good. Please forgive me.


Hmm, I'm not sure about this. Given what you just said you don't seem to be a very well established person. But still, I like your personality. If someone here would tell me that you're trustworthy I might think about buying you a plane ticket.

47 is pretty old seeing as I am only 23, but I would love to give you a chance.

Where in the United States are you from? Could you tell me a little about yourself?

PS: Are you allowed to ride on planes?
blubbdavid
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
Switzerland2412 Posts
July 02 2011 00:05 GMT
#13
Aren't you the [idiot] who likes smilies?

Btw, in reality, I am Flash, but only when you don't look.
What do you desire? Money? Glory? Power? Revenge? Or something that surpasses all other? Whatever you desire - that is here. Tower of God ¦¦Nutella, drink of the Gods
JohanasAbdul
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
21 Posts
July 02 2011 00:06 GMT
#14
On July 02 2011 09:04 Torte de Lini wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 02 2011 09:02 JohanasAbdul wrote:
On July 02 2011 08:58 Torte de Lini wrote:
I'm currently looking for a sponsored team to fly me out to Anaheim, so I can compete with some of the best. I know this sounds weird since i'm just silver, but as long as nothing out of the ordinary happens I'm pretty much master level.


Let's be realistic. Why would a sponsored team want to fly out someone who has no potential to actually get very far from a tournament? I'm not shitting on you, but it is a bit unlikely, no?

Yesterday, while I was masturbating, I thought of this really new cool build. I've only gotten a chance to try it a few times because there have been a lot of tournaments on lately.


What?

Best of luck, the guy who first replied is a bad troll.


Yeah buddy, lets be realistic. Players aren't automatically the best in the world when they start out, most people start at really low levels and grind out a lot of games to get to where they are. Take a look at the Korean Pro-Gaming teams, they always recruit unknown players with a lot of potential and the stride to be the very best - and I've got both of those.

Everyone's always talking about how we need to follow the Korean training regime in order to be as good as them, why don't we start now... with me? Pick me up! xD


I think you need to do a bit more research on how the process works. :3



No kid, lets see your accomplishments. I'm probably 20x better than you, you have no idea what you're talking about. Mr Torte De Lini. Get the hell out of my blog, and never come back.
JohanasAbdul
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
21 Posts
July 02 2011 00:08 GMT
#15
On July 02 2011 09:05 blubbdavid wrote:
Aren't you the [idiot] who likes smilies?

Btw, in reality, I am Flash, but only when you don't look.


They forced me to stop using smilies, please do not put them in my blog. It makes me really want to use them.

And I've changed a lot since I was 2 day banned. I've matured more than one could ever imagine possible that quickly, and I've taken a different look at my life. My goals are now completely different and I want to be a great all around person.
Torte de Lini
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Germany38463 Posts
July 02 2011 00:12 GMT
#16
On July 02 2011 09:02 Fragmaaad wrote:
Well, I'm from the U.S. But I dont actually "own" a house per say but i'm working on it. also i am 47 and my name is torte de Lini. ( I know weird name right?) anyways I would really like to get to know you. But I do not have any means of transportaion nor do i smell good. Please forgive me.


We have the same names!
https://twitter.com/#!/TorteDeLini (@TorteDeLini)
Monokeros
Profile Blog Joined November 2005
United States2493 Posts
July 02 2011 00:14 GMT
#17
After reading the OP I'm suprised this thread is still open, and even more so after seeing the replies...
Keep the Dream Alive twitch.tv/monokerros
Torte de Lini
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Germany38463 Posts
July 02 2011 00:14 GMT
#18
I'm sucker for bad humor.
Jeff Foxworthy doesn't do it for me anymore.
https://twitter.com/#!/TorteDeLini (@TorteDeLini)
blubbdavid
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
Switzerland2412 Posts
July 02 2011 00:16 GMT
#19
On July 02 2011 09:12 Torte de Lini wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 02 2011 09:02 Fragmaaad wrote:
Well, I'm from the U.S. But I dont actually "own" a house per say but i'm working on it. also i am 47 and my name is torte de Lini. ( I know weird name right?) anyways I would really like to get to know you. But I do not have any means of transportaion nor do i smell good. Please forgive me.


We have the same names!


Mind = blown!

On July 02 2011 09:14 Monokeros wrote:
After reading the OP I'm suprised this thread is still open, and even more so after seeing the replies...


Mind even more blown!

On July 02 2011 09:14 Torte de Lini wrote:
I'm sucker for bad humor.
Jeff Foxworthy doesn't do it for me anymore.


Mind most blo- this is getting old.
What do you desire? Money? Glory? Power? Revenge? Or something that surpasses all other? Whatever you desire - that is here. Tower of God ¦¦Nutella, drink of the Gods
stilez
Profile Joined November 2010
Mexico130 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-07-02 00:16:52
July 02 2011 00:16 GMT
#20
Best of luck to you on your journey on becoming a progamer! I'm sure you will good.
1 2 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 23m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech169
Nina 144
Liquid`TLO 142
RuFF_SC2 96
ViBE33
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 16670
firebathero 89
PianO 17
Sacsri 5
Dota 2
monkeys_forever336
canceldota71
League of Legends
Doublelift3821
Counter-Strike
minikerr1
Super Smash Bros
PPMD40
Heroes of the Storm
Liquid`Hasu717
Other Games
summit1g6043
FrodaN1239
shahzam514
B2W.Neo413
C9.Mang0322
RotterdaM98
Mew2King40
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 43
• mYiSmile137
• RyuSc2 1
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 26
• niya90s 1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie1126
• Shiphtur607
Upcoming Events
OSC
23m
Replay Cast
1h 8m
OSC
1d 1h
Big Brain Bouts
1d 12h
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
1d 19h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 21h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
Patches Events
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
[ Show More ]
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
The PondCast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.