• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 09:09
CEST 15:09
KST 22:09
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup3StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)65Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2314
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Klaucher discontinued / in-game color settings BW General Discussion BSL Season 23 Bot on ladder ASL22 General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 12159 users

[Interview] KT vs Oz Winners

Forum Index > BW General
Post a Reply
1 2 3 4 5 Next All
infinitestory
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States4053 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-05-05 03:19:54
May 03 2011 20:01 GMT
#1
Jaedong

[image loading]


Thoughts on the victory?
Today, against an incredible team like KT, we won 4:0, so I'm overjoyed. Before today, our team's situation was bad, but today's win has allowed us to pick up momentum again. Today's clean sweep makes me very satisfied. For the rest of R5, I reckon the other teams will be worried about us. (haha)

Today was your first game since returning to the top of the KeSPA ranking.
When I saw my opponent was Flash, I thought, “I must not lose.” And since today was the first game of May, I prepared extensively. I'm very content with the win.

The game was an unexpectedly easy win.
Some games will end quickly, but others are drawn-out struggles. I don't know why, but this game just happened to be short and sweet. I didn't even see the first muta get irradiated, so I didn't know about it until I watched the replay afterward. I saw the second irradiate, but I really didn't even catch the first one.

Were you sent out to snipe Flash today?
Something like hat. Even though I practiced vT a lot, I was ready to snipe a zerg or terran.

MSL Ro16 will continue soon.
My goal for the season is to win the gold for sure, so I'm focusing heavily on the MSL. My team has also given me a lot of support, so I've vowed to myself that I'll be the champion. I think competitions like the MSL are really a fight between the top tier players. Whether it's Flash or me, if a player has skill he can win. If Flash makes it to the final, that would be good. If it's any other player, though, I'll have no trouble. I will definitely win the MSL.

You've reached 40 wins in SPL, but you've fallen behind in the race for most wins.
Bisu is just too good, so getting most wins is too hard for me. My first priority is still to be a reliable ace for the team. I don't have much ambition toward win counts. Contributing to the team is most important.

Your next match is against Woongjin.
As the season nears, they've become some of our strongest competition for a playoff spot [T/N ???], so it'll be tough to call. It's an important game, so we must strive to win.

Anything else?
Because of today's match, I practiced a lot of ZvT. I want to thank teammates Sexy, Bee, and Speed. All of my teammates were very enthusiastic, so right now the team's mood is on the rise. For the rest of the games, we should be able to achieve outstanding results. Also, the head coach and assistant coaches put in a lot of effort to help our various players. We will give it our all to repay the fans.



Anytime

[image loading]



Thoughts on the win?
This is my first win of the year, but it's regrettable that it came so late. Now that I have my first win, I hope that I can be the vanguard and win often. Our 4:0 win today lifts my spirits as well.

You are the former ACE player with the best record.
I hoped to get a two-digit win count this season, but my health is poor, and I haven't had many chances to play, which is disheartening.

Your game had a lot of significance.
In the midst of a chaotic series, we played a chaotic game. The games between Reach and I are always like this. To be honest, I'm the type of player who is often the victim of a comeback win, and I will encounter deep crises often. But because of Reach's slip-ups today, the opportunities were on my side.

You were behind 0:3 in head-to-head against Reach.
I remember that. Every time, I made mistakes while I was ahead, and I lost. Today, I faced some severe situations too, but I got through them. In practice, Reach would always joke and say “Your fighting skills are lacking, hehe.” Today, though, I have exacted revenge (haha).

What's your goal for R5 and R6?
If I can play often, I hope to get a 2 digit win count. But there are still a lot of crucial matches, so whether I'll have a chance to play is uncertain.

After being discharged from the army, your record has been good.
I wanted to improve my skill level after leaving the army, but I injured my wrist, so I had to undergo therapy, and my skill actually dropped. Right now, I need to improve all over again, and I'm working very hard.

You are the team's elder now, so you must have a lot of responsibility.
I think our team can get into the top 6 for sure. Now that I've returned to Hwaseung, I hope to go to GwangAhnRi. With the strength of the energetic juniors, we can muster our abilities and make a push for the playoffs.

What was the force that kicked off your 4-0 win? [T/N edited]
It's weird, whenever I win Jaedong will also win (haha). I didn't imagine we would win 4:0. Our team's lineup is looking stronger and stronger, and we have definitely gained momentum.

Anything else?
To Reach, I must express sincere appreciation. (haha) And, of course, Hwaseung fighting!

source: http://playsc.com/forum/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=228786&extra=page=1&filter=typeid&typeid=6




Killer, Dear

[image loading]


Thoughts on the win?
Dear: I finally got my first win. It's so late, though, that it's regrettable. I was sent out once in R2, but I didn't even win until now. Although, I'm happy since I beat the player I lost to in my debut.
Killer: KT is a strong team, so to clean 4:0 sweep makes me happy. Starting with today's match, we will become stronger and stronger.

Dear, you fought a PvP against Stats.
Dear: At the start, because I sent the dragoons and zealots out [T/N unsure] my opponent was able to scout my base, so I was a little nervous. My DT was denied soon after, so my situation was dire. But in the big fight, I came out ahead. I was pretty fortunate. My macro may have been slightly faster, but luck was a big factor.

Killer, you won your game handily.
Killer: I have much confidence in my ZvZ, and my scouting was fruitful, so I had no trouble winning. Even though Crazy-Hydra is a strong ZvZer, I beat him once when he was on Woongjin, so I was confident.

Killer, thoughts on Dear's performance today?
Killer: In the practice house, Sky and Dear are good friends. Right now, Sky's record is 1-8 or something like that, so Sky often jokes that he's never clapped hands with Dear before [T/N referring to players high-fiving their teammates after a win]. But now that Dear has a win, I hope the two can work hard together (haha). During the game, when I saw Stats' probe enter Dear's main, I thought, they once again won't be high-fiving. However, Dear's micro was good, and he won, so I'm glad. (haha)

Dear, do you feel a lot of pressure as a member of the notorious Hwaseung protoss?
Dear: Anytime, Perfectman, and Backho are all helping me, so I'm working hard to learn. My seniors are very kind to me, so put in more effort.

Killer, it seems that you are slowly stepping out of Jaedong's shadow.
Killer: I'll definitely be true to my ability (haha). From the time I entered Hwaseung to now, I've been living with Jaedong. We've roomed together, and he often listens to my troubles; we really help each other. There's still much I must learn, so I hope I can continue to win together with Jaedong.

Your next opponent will be Woongjin.
Killer: Our match against Woongjin will be crucial, so I can't let any of them intimidate me. I must win.
Dear: Woongjin is a strong team. Even though we don't know our lineup yet, if I play, I'd rather not face my former teammate Really. I'd like to play someone else.

Anything else?
Dear: Shy and Sonkwon helped me practice, so I want to thank them. Backho also helps me often when I have an upcoming game, so I'm thankful to him as well. Tomorrow is my dad's birthday; happy birthday, dad!
Killer: A couple matches ago, after Perfectman won, I said jokingly in his interview, “This will be the last interview,” but unexpectedly, he actually lost his next game (haha). So I feel a little guilty that it's my fault, and it's been tugging at my heart. It seems that his game sense and focus have slipped a little, so I hope he returns to form quickly (haha). I want to thank Saber, who helped me practice. Lastly, the coaches and players alike – the whole team, really – is in very good spirits, so I think we will definitely shine brightly in this season. I hope the fans come out and support us!

source: http://sc.plu.cn/note/2011-05-03/27842.html
Translator:3
SaikOuLighT
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Canada742 Posts
May 03 2011 20:05 GMT
#2
Jaedong looking like a baws in that picture :D
prosatan
Profile Joined September 2009
Romania9381 Posts
May 03 2011 20:06 GMT
#3
THX!!
Lee Jaedong Fighting!
Lee JaeDong Fighting! The only church that illuminates is the one that burns.
Ubersturmfuhrer
Profile Joined May 2008
Finland206 Posts
May 03 2011 20:06 GMT
#4
Thanks a lot!
You will not be punished for your anger, you will be punished by your anger
garbanzo
Profile Joined October 2009
United States4046 Posts
May 03 2011 20:07 GMT
#5
Yay Jaedong! I'm surprised they didn't mention anything about his 200th win.

Thanks for the translation!
Even during difficult times, when I sat down to play the game, there were times where it felt like god has descended down and played [for me].
saltywet
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
Hong Kong1316 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-05-03 20:11:26
May 03 2011 20:08 GMT
#6
jaedong's always thanking sexy bee and speed.

do they team melee against him? thats why they never get sent out in pl?

On May 04 2011 05:05 ariK wrote:
Jaedong looking like a baws in that picture :D


+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]
DarkMatter_
Profile Joined January 2010
Canada1774 Posts
May 03 2011 20:11 GMT
#7
Thanks for the interview.

I find it pretty amusing that Jaedong didn't notice the irradiate.
Gann1
Profile Joined July 2009
United States1575 Posts
May 03 2011 20:11 GMT
#8
On May 04 2011 05:08 saltywet wrote:
jaedong's always thanking sexy bee and speed.

do they team melee against him? thats why they never get sent out in pl?


probably.

I wonder if JD has three b-team slaves of every race to team melee against for practice
I drop suckas like Plinko
X10A
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Canada9837 Posts
May 03 2011 20:11 GMT
#9
Tyrant!
I'm waiting for Sashin's interview now. Mantoss vs Death God must've been awesome
CJ/T8 Fighting//#1 STX and Bisu anti <3//YES X10A is based off the Freedom Gundam
Vasoline73
Profile Blog Joined February 2008
United States8139 Posts
May 03 2011 20:12 GMT
#10
Man I like JD winning vs Flash but 0-4 sweep hurts >.<. KT fightingggg
Gann1
Profile Joined July 2009
United States1575 Posts
May 03 2011 20:14 GMT
#11
On May 04 2011 05:12 Vasoline73 wrote:
I like JD winning vs Flash


On May 04 2011 05:12 Vasoline73 wrote:
KT fightingggg


My head hurts.
I drop suckas like Plinko
ch33psh33p
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
7650 Posts
May 03 2011 20:17 GMT
#12
Definitely win the MSL.

Jaedong's confidence is BACK.
secret - never again
Telcontar
Profile Joined May 2010
United Kingdom16710 Posts
May 03 2011 20:20 GMT
#13
On May 04 2011 05:01 infinitestory wrote:

Jaedong: I will definitely win the MSL.

I'm loving the confidence. The Tyrant is truly back!!!!!
Et Eärello Endorenna utúlien. Sinome maruvan ar Hildinyar tenn' Ambar-metta.
Telcontar
Profile Joined May 2010
United Kingdom16710 Posts
May 03 2011 20:20 GMT
#14
On May 04 2011 05:14 Gann1 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 04 2011 05:12 Vasoline73 wrote:
I like JD winning vs Flash


Show nested quote +
On May 04 2011 05:12 Vasoline73 wrote:
KT fightingggg


My head hurts.

Contrary to popular belief, not all KT fans are Flash cultists.
Et Eärello Endorenna utúlien. Sinome maruvan ar Hildinyar tenn' Ambar-metta.
infinitestory
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States4053 Posts
May 03 2011 20:22 GMT
#15
Anytime interview up.
Translator:3
Lucumo
Profile Joined January 2010
6850 Posts
May 03 2011 20:25 GMT
#16
Thanks for the interview. The picture is awesome.

GO Jaedong GO
Kipsate
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Netherlands45349 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-05-03 20:43:35
May 03 2011 20:28 GMT
#17
LEeeeee Jaedoooooooong, for #1. Oz exceeded my expectations by a large margin today!

And Anytime got revenge for Reach who manhandled him during the Allstars!.

GG.

I want to thank teammates Sexy, Bee, and Speed.


I will never get used to these nicknames.
WriterXiao8~~
fishbowl
Profile Joined January 2010
United States1575 Posts
May 03 2011 21:18 GMT
#18
GG. Great to see Anytime play. Always a pleasure to see JD beat Flash. Thanks for the interview!
ReketSomething
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
United States6012 Posts
May 03 2011 21:26 GMT
#19
Woongjin is competition for playoff spot because woongjin is bad but around the ballpark where its cut or miss. Whereas teams like skt/kt are really far ahead and basically occupy the playoff spots. Thats what jaedong meant.

Never knew jaedong is kespa 1...weird...=/
Jaedong :3
Weavel
Profile Joined January 2010
Finland9224 Posts
May 03 2011 21:28 GMT
#20
Great interviews. Much appreciated!
Life/Seed//Mvp/NaNiwa fighting! ZeNEX forever!
1 2 3 4 5 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Online Event
20:00
BamsPatch 1.0 Weekly #3
SHIN 232
Liquipedia
CranKy Ducklings
19:00
Sea Duckling Open #150 (SHIN Mod Edition)
CranKy Ducklings113
CranKy Ducklings SOOP48
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Lowko348
SHIN 232
ProTech142
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 40831
Bisu 2100
Shuttle 1916
Hyuk 1679
Larva 415
EffOrt 412
Soma 395
Mini 352
ZerO 286
firebathero 226
[ Show more ]
Last 122
Leta 87
hero 82
Zeus 72
Pusan 62
Killer 48
Hm[arnc] 47
Hyun 47
Sexy 45
Trap 45
Bale 40
ToSsGirL 30
Aegong 27
PianO 25
zelot 23
sorry 17
yabsab 11
JulyZerg 10
Noble 10
Sacsri 7
Icarus 6
Rock 5
ajuk12(nOOB) 4
Dota 2
Gorgc4550
qojqva1417
Dendi952
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor794
crisheroes621
Liquid`Hasu9
Other Games
gofns44459
singsing2576
B2W.Neo1160
Happy324
DeMusliM296
Livibee137
Mew2King92
Liquid`VortiX63
ArmadaUGS56
ZerO(Twitch)15
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream139
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 89
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Michael_bg 1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 9843
League of Legends
• Jankos1674
Other Games
• WagamamaTV226
Upcoming Events
FEL
2h 51m
AI Arena Tournament
3h 51m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5h 51m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
20h 51m
INu's Battles
22h 51m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 5h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 5h
Replay Cast
1d 10h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 20h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 21h
[ Show More ]
Monday Night Weeklies
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.