• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 13:49
CEST 19:49
KST 02:49
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon111
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Where can I find Flash replays that work? a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10992 users

[Interviews] Code S Ro4 Winners - Jan. GSL

Forum Index > Community News and Headlines
56 CommentsPost a Reply
1 2 3 Next All
Telcontar
Profile Joined May 2010
United Kingdom16710 Posts
January 23 2011 12:00 GMT
#1
Winner of IMNesTea vs IMMvp
+ Show Spoiler +

IMMvp!
[image loading]

Q. How do you feel after advancing to the final?
A. I'm still a little stunned since this is my first time in the finals. I think I'll gradually get happier on my way home.

Q. You had to beat a teammate in IMNesTea. Do you think this will affect your relationship with him?
A. Frankly, I was concerned about this. However, NesTea-hyung told me before the match that we should just play our games and end on good terms regardless of who came out on top.

Q. How did you practice for the series?
A. Instead of practicing in the team-house, we split up and prepared seperately.

Q. Who do you want to face next?
A. I think either player will be fine. I'm personally close with MarineKingPrime.WE though, so if I say Jinro that would mean I want MKP to lose. I'll say MKP because of that.

Q. You lost the first set. Were you shaken in any way?
A. I could only think 'Wow, that's NesTea-hyung for you'. It didn't necessarily shake me though.

Q. You were at quite a disadvantage in the second set.
A. Yeah, there were many situations where I was behind. However, I knew from experience that I could still win if I focused on one area of his defense. I wasn't completely pushed back in the final engagement so I knew I had a great shot at taking the set.

Q. Your bunker-in failed in the third set.
A. When he held it off, I thought to myself 'how did he defend so well?' I finally realised why so many other terrans were having trouble with NesTea-hyung. Still, I didn't think I would lose from that point.

Q. Why did you think you wouldn't lose?
A. If I started to think the opposite, I thought that it would affect me negatively in subsequent games so I just relaxed and remained calm.

Q. Your prediction from the last interview came true (3-1 victory). You seem to have a feel for this.
A. It's just that I knew my opponent so well. If it had been someone I was more comfortable against, I would've went for the 4-0.

Q. The final will be another TvT. What chance do you give yourself and any prediction on the score?
A. I think I'm going to win 4-2 in the final. The other two players are good terrans but I am confident that I will prepare well. If everything goes my way, I think I can definitely win 4-2.

Q. Finally a terran player will win the GSL. What do you think about the growing opinion that terran is OP?
A. Rather than the race being imbalanced, I just think there are terran favoured maps in the ladder pool. I personally think changing the maps instead of patching the game will make the other races more playable. I think the reason why terrans have done well in the past also comes down to that.

Q. Any final words?
A. I would like to thank my practice partners MVP_Monster, SlayerS_Sleep and dongraeguProS (Park Soo Ho). Also, it was my friend Shin Won Jae's birthday yesterday so I'd like to say happy birthday. I also want to thank the fans who came to cheer for me.

Source: PlayXP


Winner of LiquidJinro vs MarineKingPrime.WE
+ Show Spoiler +

MKP!
[image loading]

Q. First of all, how do you feel after advancing to the final?
A. I'm very happy that I am the first player to reach two finals. It doesn't feel real yet.

Q. Your opponent in the final is IMMvp who some regard as your rival.
A. I think he is the best and most talented progamer right now. I feel like I'm not at his level yet but with the remaining time before the final, I want to go past him by practicing hard.

Q. In which areas do you think you are lacking compared to IMMvp?
A. I think he is pretty much the perfect player. Through ladder games, you get the sense that he is just rock solid.

Q. You dominated your opponent LiquidJinro with bio.
A. If I represent the bio terrans, Jinro is the same for mech so I didn't know exactly how things were going to pan out. I just did what I practiced and things worked out.

Q. The series began with a loss in the first set. Were you not aware of the hellion drop?
A. I knew he would be going for that but I didn't expect the marine attack afterwards. I panicked because of that and lost the game.

Q. Did the defeat affect you in any way in the following set?
A. I was pretty confident on Steppes of War so it didn't affect me much.

Q. We saw IMMvp going into your booth. What did you talk about?
A. Mvp-hyung just asked 'why are you so good?' and said 'let's do our best in the final'.

Q. By what score do you think you will win?
A. I've played countless games against him on the ladder and it's been around 50:50. I think I'll take the final 4:2 or 4:3. Even when we practiced together, he was never an opponent you could just walk-over 4:0 or 4:1. That's why I think it's going to be a difficult victory for me.

Q. Both of your nicknames are 'king'. Who do you think is stronger in this battle of kings?
A. Well, since Mvp-hyung is just a civilian (T/N: talking about his nickname) and 'MarineKing' is a soldier, I think I have the edge.

Q. Any other words ahead of the final?
A. Since the final is a TvT, we finally have a terran winner. Even though there are many strong terran players, no one has triumphed yet so regardless of whoever wins between me and Mvp-hyung, I'm glad we're going to have a terran champion.

Q. You seem to favour quicker games. Is there a reason?
A. Using siege tanks and vikings often induces slower games. Since I don't like those kinds of matches, I often utilise a very mobile bio army. After a while, I naturally gained enough know-how to be successful with that style which is how I got this far.

Q. Any last words?
A. After team Prime signed a sponsorship deal with SabaSabaChicken (T/N: Restaurant chain. The deal was announced at the end of december), we're ashamed that it's been so quiet for us. However, I think the team is relieved that I at least made it to the final. Also, I made a promise with LiquidJinro before the match that whoever wins today, should go ahead and beat IMMvp in the finals. I want to keep that promise. Finally, I want to wish a happy birthday to Jo Guk, a clanmate of mine.

Source: PlayXP
Facebook Twitter Reddit
Et Eärello Endorenna utúlien. Sinome maruvan ar Hildinyar tenn' Ambar-metta.
Yurie
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
12174 Posts
January 23 2011 12:05 GMT
#2
Thanks for the translations. Last question in the Jinro vs MKP.WE interview has an extra = in it.
Rawr
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Sweden624 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-02-13 14:56:17
January 23 2011 12:05 GMT
#3
In the interview of the winner between MKP and Chinro, there is an extra "=" in the last question

edit: Yurie beat me to it
Joo Se-Hyuk
kvn4444
Profile Joined September 2010
1510 Posts
January 23 2011 12:10 GMT
#4
quick translations, thanks a lot. have to agree with both here that the finals will be really close either 4-2/4-3.
Telcontar
Profile Joined May 2010
United Kingdom16710 Posts
January 23 2011 12:14 GMT
#5
On January 23 2011 21:05 Yurie wrote:
Thanks for the translations. Last question in the Jinro vs MKP.WE interview has an extra = in it.


On January 23 2011 21:05 Silverymoon wrote:
In the interview of the winner between MKP and Chinro, ther is an extra "=" in the last question

edit: Yurie beat me to it

- Rawr


Thanks guys.
Et Eärello Endorenna utúlien. Sinome maruvan ar Hildinyar tenn' Ambar-metta.
bigdreams
Profile Joined January 2011
United States1 Post
January 23 2011 12:15 GMT
#6
according to the comments left on playxp, parksooho = dongraeguProS. he was recently featured in a game on artosis' channel against huk..
Kamais_Ookin
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Canada4218 Posts
January 23 2011 12:28 GMT
#7
Thank you very much for the translation! It was awesome, and it's funny when MVP was in MKP's booth and asked, "why are you so good?"
I <3 Plexa.
legaton
Profile Joined December 2010
France1763 Posts
January 23 2011 12:41 GMT
#8
Both are so likable, it's nice to hear about them. Interesting opinion on race imbalance from MvP, i also believe that rather than fucking around with units (reapers ;_; ), blizzard should work on better maps.
No GG, No Skill - Jaedong <3
Rabbitmaster
Profile Joined August 2010
1357 Posts
January 23 2011 12:48 GMT
#9
Thanks alot, missed the Jinro vs MKP interview because of stream lag.
God is dead.
MrCon
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
France29748 Posts
January 23 2011 12:50 GMT
#10
MKP is so lovely <3 Good answers from him.
Sanguinarius
Profile Joined January 2010
United States3427 Posts
January 23 2011 12:57 GMT
#11
Thanks for the translation!

I really like MKP. Hes well spoken and seems like a really nice guy.
Your strength is just an accident arising from the weakness of others -Heart of Darkness
bearhug
Profile Joined September 2010
United States999 Posts
January 23 2011 13:13 GMT
#12
Im rooting for MKP
We are dusts in the vast cosmic arena. Need to make the most out of life when we still have it.
Tiazi
Profile Joined February 2010
Netherlands761 Posts
January 23 2011 13:49 GMT
#13
very nice to read what these gosu's have to say. Thanks!
"A brilliant yet deluded man once said, 'Introduce a little anarchy. Upset the established order, and everything becomes chaos.' Gumiho is that agent of chaos." -monk
EchoZ
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Japan5041 Posts
January 23 2011 13:54 GMT
#14
MKP honor your promise with Jinro!
Dear Sixsmith...
Open_
Profile Joined December 2010
New Zealand73 Posts
January 23 2011 14:05 GMT
#15
Man, I'm so annoyed I missed this, I didn't think they did GSL on saturdays ~_~
Damaskinos
Profile Joined September 2010
Germany139 Posts
January 23 2011 14:52 GMT
#16
Thank you very much for doing the translation. Your contribution to our lovely community is highly appreciated.
"Give not that which is holy unto the dogs, neither cast ye your pearls before swine, lest they trample them under their feet, and turn again and rend you." Matthew 7:6
Telcontar
Profile Joined May 2010
United Kingdom16710 Posts
January 23 2011 14:55 GMT
#17
On January 23 2011 23:52 Damaskinos wrote:
Thank you very much for doing the translation. Your contribution to our lovely community is highly appreciated.

You're very welcome. Happy Birthday btw
Et Eärello Endorenna utúlien. Sinome maruvan ar Hildinyar tenn' Ambar-metta.
Antisocialmunky
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States5913 Posts
January 23 2011 15:12 GMT
#18
I'm rooting for MarineKing just so there will be a palyer called Optimus[Prime]
[゚n゚] SSSSssssssSSsss ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Marine/Raven Guide:http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=163605
AJMcSpiffy
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States1154 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-01-23 16:19:01
January 23 2011 16:17 GMT
#19
+ Show Spoiler +
Also, I made a promise with LiquidJinro before the match that whoever wins today, should go ahead and beat IMMvp in the finals. I want to keep that promise.


That's pretty awesome haha, I think these finals are gonna be really intense. BioTerran, when controlled by MKP at least, is just insanely strong. I definitely think he can take the finals.


Edit: Dunno what the policy is on spoilers in this thread in particular, so I'll just spoiler the whole thing.
If the quarter was in your right hand, that would've been micro
whomybuddy
Profile Joined August 2010
United States620 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-01-23 16:34:34
January 23 2011 16:33 GMT
#20
+ Show Spoiler +
A solid player vs a Bio ball who love base trading...........Why I have see this kind of matches already? I bet marineking will win for sure. It's hard to come up a good strategy to combat his style over night. Plus no body on ladder doing it.
Roaches all the way way way.
1 2 3 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Stellar Fest
13:00
Stellar Fest 2 The Moon: Qualifier Day 1
ComeBackTV 732
IntoTheiNu 591
SteadfastSC455
Rex88
CosmosSc2 67
EnkiAlexander 57
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SteadfastSC 455
UpATreeSC 145
Rex 88
CosmosSc2 62
BRAT_OK 48
JuggernautJason25
MindelVK 18
Codebar 7
PtitDrogo 1
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 39597
Soma 1005
Jaedong 994
Mini 662
Hyuk 534
BeSt 411
Larva 409
Rush 365
ZerO 290
Soulkey 233
[ Show more ]
Snow 167
Dewaltoss 103
hero 84
Liquid`Ret 59
Mind 44
Killer 24
sorry 24
ToSsGirL 23
Shine 23
yabsab 20
Trap 14
Terrorterran 14
Dota 2
qojqva1066
Dendi848
Counter-Strike
fl0m865
Fnx 726
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King67
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby4173
crisheroes2498
Khaldor1752
Liquid`Hasu526
Other Games
ArmadaUGS1489
ceh9503
byalli459
B2W.Neo458
KnowMe127
QueenE93
Chillindude67
Trikslyr42
Railgan24
C9.Mang019
ZerO(Twitch)12
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream88
[ Show 17 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 40
• Adnapsc2 10
• intothetv
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• Migwel
• IndyKCrew
• Kozan
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki19
• FirePhoenix12
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
• BSLYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 4094
League of Legends
• TFBlade1220
Other Games
• imaqtpie925
• Shiphtur305
• WagamamaTV273
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
16h 11m
OSC
19h 11m
Stellar Fest
19h 11m
OSC
1d 6h
Stellar Fest
1d 19h
CranKy Ducklings
2 days
Online Event
2 days
FEL
2 days
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.