• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 23:33
CEST 05:33
KST 12:33
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)26Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder BW General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Where can I find Flash replays that work? Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8629 users

[Interviews] Code S Ro4 Winners - Jan. GSL - Page 2

Forum Index > Community News and Headlines
56 CommentsPost a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 Next All
zerious
Profile Joined August 2010
Canada3803 Posts
January 23 2011 16:35 GMT
#21
On January 24 2011 01:33 whomybuddy wrote:
+ Show Spoiler +
A solid player vs a Bio ball who love base trading...........Why I have see this kind of matches already? I bet marineking will win for sure. It's hard to come up a good strategy to combat his style over night. Plus no body on ladder doing it.


MVP just recently beat MKP 3-1
PangO
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
Chile1870 Posts
January 23 2011 16:39 GMT
#22
Thank you for the interview.
MVP seems rock solid after all
In Economics, the majority is always wrong. aka: MattRz
DonkTheEvilGod
Profile Joined December 2010
Netherlands43 Posts
January 23 2011 16:45 GMT
#23
Haha I love the picture of MKP, looks like such a happy camper.
Deyster
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Jordan579 Posts
January 24 2011 08:12 GMT
#24
Erm, do the players get to choose what pose they want for the picture or what? cause the 2nd Winner's picture really doesn't fit his personality I think.
Watch the minimap.
tomatriedes
Profile Blog Joined January 2007
New Zealand5356 Posts
January 24 2011 08:24 GMT
#25
Rather than the race being imbalanced, I just think there are terran favoured maps in the ladder pool. I personally think changing the maps instead of patching the game will make the other races more playable. I think the reason why terrans have done well in the past also comes down to that.


Hopefully people who think the current map pool is balanced will read this part.
anatem
Profile Joined September 2010
Romania1369 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-01-24 08:36:17
January 24 2011 08:35 GMT
#26
great interviews, these guys are getting good at it heh

regarding the finals, i'd sure like to see mkp win, but unfortunately for him he's gonna lose in the finals, AND to an IM player, again

and, as always, thanks for the translations
'Tis with our Judgements as our Watches, none / Go just alike, yet each believes his own.
Iplaythings
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
Denmark9110 Posts
January 24 2011 08:35 GMT
#27
We seriously need a bronze match, that would be a treat :D

thanks for interviews
In the woods, there lurks..
red4ce
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
United States7313 Posts
January 24 2011 08:49 GMT
#28
Thanks for the translations. I feel like this may be the first GSL finals where we see amazing play from both players. Even though MVP beat MKP 3-1 in the Gainward tourney, it seems like MKP's bio terran is improving at a rapid pace. It's gonna be difficult to practice against MKP's style since no other terran does it the same way. At the end of the day, I still think MVP will come through 4-2.
Liquid`Jinro
Profile Blog Joined September 2002
Sweden33719 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-01-24 08:50:43
January 24 2011 08:49 GMT
#29
On January 24 2011 17:24 tomatriedes wrote:
Show nested quote +
Rather than the race being imbalanced, I just think there are terran favoured maps in the ladder pool. I personally think changing the maps instead of patching the game will make the other races more playable. I think the reason why terrans have done well in the past also comes down to that.


Hopefully people who think the current map pool is balanced will read this part.

You wont find almost any high level terran players who dont think the maps are a bit of a joke.

On January 24 2011 17:12 Deyster wrote:
Erm, do the players get to choose what pose they want for the picture or what? cause the 2nd Winner's picture really doesn't fit his personality I think.

Usually something like "can you do this? ok, now this plz. Ok, now free pose". SOooo could be free pose or could be something they asked him to do.
Moderatortell the guy that interplanatar interaction is pivotal to terrans variety of optionitudals in the pre-midgame preperatories as well as the protosstinal deterriggation of elite zergling strikes - Stimey n | Formerly FrozenArbiter
DreamScaR
Profile Blog Joined October 2004
Canada2127 Posts
January 24 2011 08:52 GMT
#30
Thanks for the translations!!!!
~ Aka ItsWoodrow on Twitter
TheBB
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
Switzerland5133 Posts
January 24 2011 09:03 GMT
#31
On January 23 2011 21:00 Telcontar wrote:
Q. By what score do you think you will win?
A. I've played countless games against him on the ladder and it's been around 50:50. I think I'll take the final 4:2 or 4:3. Even when we practiced together, he was never an opponent you could just walk-over 4:0 or 4:1. That's why I think it's going to be a difficult victory for me.

What a stupid question. And answer, I might add. No part of the interview suggests any advantage for MKP at all, even his reasoning for winning.
http://aligulac.com || Barcraft Switzerland! || Zerg best race. || Stats-poster extraordinaire.
Krehlmar
Profile Joined August 2010
Sweden1149 Posts
January 24 2011 09:12 GMT
#32
Jinro v MKP spoiler
+ Show Spoiler +
It really feels like JinrO chocked during their matches... he really didn't play to his fullest during the last two matches or he'd be really close to winning. Just check the decition to attack MKPs third (nongold) when JinrO knew he himself was all in and had no backup coming: He should've went for the terran main and he knows it.
My Comment Doesnt Matter Because No One Reads It
Telcontar
Profile Joined May 2010
United Kingdom16710 Posts
January 24 2011 09:21 GMT
#33
On January 24 2011 18:03 TheBB wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 23 2011 21:00 Telcontar wrote:
Q. By what score do you think you will win?
A. I've played countless games against him on the ladder and it's been around 50:50. I think I'll take the final 4:2 or 4:3. Even when we practiced together, he was never an opponent you could just walk-over 4:0 or 4:1. That's why I think it's going to be a difficult victory for me.

What a stupid question. And answer, I might add. No part of the interview suggests any advantage for MKP at all, even his reasoning for winning.

Yeah, it seemed a little strange but I guess they just assumed that MKP thought he was going to win. Maybe this kind of winner mentality is prevalent in korean sports/esports.
Et Eärello Endorenna utúlien. Sinome maruvan ar Hildinyar tenn' Ambar-metta.
cascades
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
Singapore6122 Posts
January 24 2011 10:43 GMT
#34
On January 24 2011 18:21 Telcontar wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 24 2011 18:03 TheBB wrote:
On January 23 2011 21:00 Telcontar wrote:
Q. By what score do you think you will win?
A. I've played countless games against him on the ladder and it's been around 50:50. I think I'll take the final 4:2 or 4:3. Even when we practiced together, he was never an opponent you could just walk-over 4:0 or 4:1. That's why I think it's going to be a difficult victory for me.

What a stupid question. And answer, I might add. No part of the interview suggests any advantage for MKP at all, even his reasoning for winning.

Yeah, it seemed a little strange but I guess they just assumed that MKP thought he was going to win. Maybe this kind of winner mentality is prevalent in korean sports/esports.


In no interview you are going to say " I'm going to lose." That's just silly, even if you think so deep down.
HS: cascades#1595 || LoL: stoppin
Telcontar
Profile Joined May 2010
United Kingdom16710 Posts
January 24 2011 10:47 GMT
#35
On January 24 2011 19:43 cascades wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 24 2011 18:21 Telcontar wrote:
On January 24 2011 18:03 TheBB wrote:
On January 23 2011 21:00 Telcontar wrote:
Q. By what score do you think you will win?
A. I've played countless games against him on the ladder and it's been around 50:50. I think I'll take the final 4:2 or 4:3. Even when we practiced together, he was never an opponent you could just walk-over 4:0 or 4:1. That's why I think it's going to be a difficult victory for me.

What a stupid question. And answer, I might add. No part of the interview suggests any advantage for MKP at all, even his reasoning for winning.

Yeah, it seemed a little strange but I guess they just assumed that MKP thought he was going to win. Maybe this kind of winner mentality is prevalent in korean sports/esports.


In no interview you are going to say " I'm going to lose." That's just silly, even if you think so deep down.

True but it shouldn't automatically be assumed that you think you're going to win. I have no problems with MKP's answers but I think the interviewer missed a step when asking that. Oh well, it's no big deal.
Et Eärello Endorenna utúlien. Sinome maruvan ar Hildinyar tenn' Ambar-metta.
Joroth
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States318 Posts
January 24 2011 10:53 GMT
#36
MK is a good Terran idk why so many people like to use "well this guy only won cause the other guy wasn't playing up to ability" So many people refuse to give credit to some players -.-
"you have buildings that are better than my race go fuck yourself" -IdrA
Holgerius
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Sweden16951 Posts
January 24 2011 11:15 GMT
#37
Foxer looks so angry in that pic. D:

Thanks for translating!
I believe in the almighty Grötslev! -- I am never serious and you should never believe a thing I say. Including the previous sentence.
frucisky
Profile Joined September 2010
Singapore2170 Posts
January 24 2011 13:16 GMT
#38
Rooting for MarineKing to become OptimusPrime. MVP can wait, only marineking's got experience of being in the finals :D
<3 DongRaeGu <3
Heimatloser
Profile Joined March 2009
Germany1494 Posts
January 24 2011 16:56 GMT
#39
if marineking loses he the heir of the kong line in sc2
rooting for him to win
All what KT currently needs is a Zerg and a second Terran
Qaatar
Profile Joined January 2011
1409 Posts
January 24 2011 19:39 GMT
#40
I'm a huge fan of both players. Can't wait for the finals!
Prev 1 2 3 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 6h 28m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 210
Nina 129
SpeCial 22
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 12795
Rain 1983
Dewaltoss 44
NaDa 33
Bale 29
Noble 7
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm196
Counter-Strike
taco 642
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox1474
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1294
WinterStarcraft608
Other Games
summit1g8542
Doublelift2556
JimRising 658
PiGStarcraft341
ArmadaUGS200
C9.Mang0197
Maynarde142
ViBE95
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick853
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream125
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 83
• practicex 26
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki189
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Lourlo865
• Stunt170
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
6h 28m
OSC
9h 28m
Stellar Fest
9h 28m
OSC
20h 28m
Stellar Fest
1d 9h
CranKy Ducklings
2 days
Online Event
2 days
FEL
2 days
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
INu's Battles
5 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.