• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 14:53
CEST 20:53
KST 03:53
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)72Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8621 users

[Interview] Jaedong 30Q 30A

Forum Index > Community News and Headlines
127 CommentsPost a Reply
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All
TrinitySC
Profile Joined December 2010
101 Posts
January 03 2011 04:40 GMT
#1
Thanks to SC2, I haven't played or watched BW in too long.. But what with Jaedong being one of my favorite BW players of all time, I couldn't resist doing a translation of an interview I came across on Fomos.

[image loading]

1. Which websites do you frequent most often?
I'd say they're Fomos, fan cafes (T/N: blogs/forums) and galleries (T/N: probably referring specifically to DC).

2. Do you visit Fomos often? What do you look at the most?
I visit regularly, and I look up articles and photos for the most part.

3. How did you start playing StarCraft? Why did you choose Zerg as your race?
I learned a few of the basic things from my older brother. I played with my friends for fun. That was when stations started broadcasting SC matches, and watching the pros play inspired me to try and take up the challenge myself.
I started out playing Terran, but I soon found out I just couldn't beat any good Zerg. That's when I jumped ship.

4. What's the longest amount of time of continuous practice you've had, and why?
I believe it was around 14 hours.
I was new then, and I was practicing a lot. I practiced with the aim to overwhelm my opponents with sheer amounts of practice.
I practiced so much I bled out of my eyes (T/N: probably an expression.. if it's for real then holy s***) for my first Starleague finals with Stork. I wanted more than anything not to lose the opportunity.

5. If you were the coach of a team, who would you want your players to be? Please include 2 of each race (excluding yourself and your current teammates) and your reasons why.
Terran: Flash, Leta
Zerg: Zero, Calm
Protoss: Bisu, Stork
I think a team like this will make organizing entries (T/N: for tourneys) so much fun. They're all so good that I would be a very happy coach when picking which players will play.

6. Which 3 games do you think were your best?
On a game with Bisu on BlueStorm, I felt my opponent was very strong, but I refused to lose and played as hard as I possibly could. That's why I remember this one.

A game with Flash on Rush Hour 3 where I was able to concentrate through the whole game.

A game with CLon on New Baekdudaegan where I started off killing a drone. I won and I remember it well.

7. What do you do during your spare time?
When there's games during Proleague seasons I'm rarely able to find any spare time. even if I do, it's only for a single day, so when I do get free time, I normally take care of things I didn't get to do because I was busy practicing, such as getting a haircut and sleeping in. I would normally play soccer, but it's too cold these days so I play WinningEleven instead. I like things where there are clear winners and losers ^^

8. If you were to play on another team, which would you choose?
Probably KT, since Flash is there. I'm friends with him, and I think it would be fun to play on the same team.

9. If you got the chance, which three players would you bring over to Hwaseung and why?
Flash, Bisu, and Sparkyz. They're all good players and I'd like the chance to be in the same team as them.

10. Who do you think is the greatest gamer of all time? Who do you think is the best Zerg of all time, excluding yourself?
I think Slayers_'BoxeR' is the greatest gamer of all time (T/N: boxer <3333333). He accomplished so much outside of the game as well, and he made so many things happen in a difficult period of time. I think he's amazing.
I believe the greatest Zerg of all time is still a work in progress.

[image loading]


Bonus Yes or No

1. Is there any girl you like atm?
No.

2. Have you ever cried because of an unrequited crush?
(T/N: hayall) No.

3. Do you like sexy girls better than cute girls?
No. I like people who have more than a one-dimensional appeal.

4. If you were to start your SC career all over again, would you still pick Zerg?
Since toss is a minority and you get a lot of attention if you're good, I'd like to try it out.

5. Would you date one of your fans?
Define fan. I don't know.

[image loading]


Source: http://www.fomos.kr/gnuboard4/bbs/board.php?bo_table=3030_player&wr_id=2359


This was actually a part of a "30 Questions and Answers" series that Fomos is running right now. Aside from the 10 Qs & As I've posted, there were 20 user-submitted questions, but it was overwhelming to do in a short period of time T_T If people like it, I'll post the other 20 later when I have time ><

The previous in the series was on Leta, and the next one will be on Stork. I'll get around to them, too, given that I have the time and people like this one ><


P.S. crossing fingers that nobody beat me to it.

Edit: BBCode fail
Facebook Twitter Reddit
moopie
Profile Joined July 2009
12605 Posts
January 02 2011 11:07 GMT
#2
On January 02 2011 20:05 TrinitySC wrote:
Terran: Flash, Sparkyz

That would be Flash and Leta.
I'm going to sleep, let me get some of that carpet.
TrinitySC
Profile Joined December 2010
101 Posts
January 02 2011 11:09 GMT
#3
On January 02 2011 20:07 moopie wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 02 2011 20:05 TrinitySC wrote:
Terran: Flash, Sparkyz

That would be Flash and Leta.


oh whoops >< fixing now.
LRM)TechnicS
Profile Joined May 2008
Bulgaria1565 Posts
January 02 2011 11:09 GMT
#4
Thanks for translations !~~~~~~~~ :D
Enjoy the game
TRAP[yoo]
Profile Joined December 2009
Hungary6026 Posts
January 02 2011 11:10 GMT
#5
On January 02 2011 20:07 moopie wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 02 2011 20:05 TrinitySC wrote:
Terran: Flash, Sparkyz

That would be Flash and Leta.


good to know
thank you sir :D
FTD
moopie
Profile Joined July 2009
12605 Posts
January 02 2011 11:13 GMT
#6
On January 02 2011 20:09 TrinitySC wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 02 2011 20:07 moopie wrote:
On January 02 2011 20:05 TrinitySC wrote:
Terran: Flash, Sparkyz

That would be Flash and Leta.


oh whoops >< fixing now.

Same in #9. Thanks for the translation
I'm going to sleep, let me get some of that carpet.
gamapg
Profile Joined January 2010
Philippines189 Posts
January 02 2011 11:14 GMT
#7
holy shit jaedong maturing
3. Do you like sexy girls better than cute girls?
No. I like people who have more than a one-dimensional appea

damn it jaedong make sure you get a 4th osl... I'm feeling for ya brotha... but on a sidenote... OMGOMGOMG HE PICKED BISUUUU on his fantasy team!!!!!!!! *giggle
iFU.pauline
Profile Joined September 2009
France1774 Posts
January 02 2011 11:25 GMT
#8
let's just say a 4th MSL for this season ^^
No coward soul is mine, No trembler in the world's storm-troubled sphere, I see Heaven's glories shine, And Faith shines equal arming me from Fear
rainei
Profile Joined November 2009
Canada1316 Posts
January 02 2011 11:26 GMT
#9
hahah, on the sidebar it says" A New Year J"... and I clicked it hoping it was something related to Jaedong, and surprisingly, I was right!

Thanks for the translations, time to learn some korean so I can surf Fomos myself or something.
All aboard the HSY fanboat/train/ whatever form of transportation you desire!! Everyday is Sojin day
chongu
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
Malaysia2606 Posts
January 02 2011 11:34 GMT
#10
A game with CLon on New Baekdudaegan where I started off killing a drone. I won and I remember it well.


VOD or summary please? : p
SC2 is to BW, what coke is to wine.
vulture7
Profile Joined October 2010
New Zealand48 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-01-02 11:44:52
January 02 2011 11:39 GMT
#11
Oh! In the same interview, Jaedong said he has played few games of SC2 during the beta. But didn't answer when he was going to switch though. And also he said hes goal is to win at least 10 starleagues.
Telcontar
Profile Joined May 2010
United Kingdom16710 Posts
January 02 2011 12:12 GMT
#12
Now i almost wish he develops amnesia so that he'll join the bretherens of Aiur!
Et Eärello Endorenna utúlien. Sinome maruvan ar Hildinyar tenn' Ambar-metta.
2Pacalypse-
Profile Joined October 2006
Croatia9559 Posts
January 02 2011 12:27 GMT
#13
Thank you for translating.
Moderator"We're a community of geniuses because we've found how to extract 95% of the feeling of doing something amazing without actually doing anything." - Chill
Atrioc
Profile Blog Joined December 2007
United States1866 Posts
January 02 2011 12:32 GMT
#14
On January 02 2011 20:34 chongu wrote:
Show nested quote +
A game with CLon on New Baekdudaegan where I started off killing a drone. I won and I remember it well.


VOD or summary please? : p


He got a drone stuck on the extractor (its a really rare bug) so he had to kill it with his other drones - loss of mining time + 1 drone at the start of a ZvZ is insanely huge and he still managed to come back and win.

Writerman what
icystorage
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
Jollibee19350 Posts
January 02 2011 13:09 GMT
#15
jaedong approves of leta. <3
LiquidDota StaffAre you ready for a Miracle-? We are! The International 2017 Champions!
ShadeR
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
Australia7535 Posts
January 02 2011 13:25 GMT
#16
So much for yes or no answers lol.
oN_Silva
Profile Joined October 2009
197 Posts
January 02 2011 13:32 GMT
#17
jaedong remains chief
Renkaoru
Profile Joined October 2010
390 Posts
January 02 2011 14:28 GMT
#18
LOL @ LetaSparkyz. Was that intentional by Jaedong?
God is in His heaven. All is right with the world.
Greg_J
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
China4409 Posts
January 02 2011 14:53 GMT
#19
Awesome, thanks for putting the time in to translate.

One quick side note, everytime I go on Fomos I get my virus protection moaning at me. Does anyone know if this is a serious problem or whether I should just ignore it. My Korean is so poor but Fosmos is exatcly the kind of thing I should be trying to read and trying to understand because I find it more interesting and more real than a text book.
Black[CAT]
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Malaysia2589 Posts
January 02 2011 15:04 GMT
#20
Thanks for translation
Jaedong is so awesome! Even though he has lost to Flash few times in the finals costing him starleague titles, he doesn't hold a grudge at all! New found respect in Jaedong.
You mean ESPORTS isnt a synonym for SC2? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ -Proud owner of a Filco Majestouch 2 with Cherry Blue Switches- BW or SC2? Why not both?
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Monday Night Weeklies
01:00
#66
TKL 1935
RotterdaM920
TaKeTV 359
IndyStarCraft 200
SteadfastSC94
ZombieGrub59
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
TKL 1935
RotterdaM 920
ByuN 331
IndyStarCraft 200
MaxPax 172
RuFF_SC2 117
SteadfastSC 94
UpATreeSC 65
ZombieGrub59
MindelVK 20
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 3009
Shuttle 599
Dewaltoss 91
910 76
Zeus 73
Mind 69
ToSsGirL 25
Bale 16
Dota 2
qojqva3477
Counter-Strike
fl0m6009
pashabiceps1278
Fnx 670
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby4282
Liquid`Hasu407
Other Games
singsing2015
Beastyqt794
ceh9471
mouzStarbuck326
C9.Mang0151
ToD51
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV210
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream25
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• kabyraGe 155
• StrangeGG 45
• Reevou 4
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• 80smullet 20
• Eskiya23 11
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV456
Other Games
• imaqtpie774
• Shiphtur317
Upcoming Events
Replay Cast
4h 7m
Afreeca Starleague
15h 7m
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
16h 7m
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
1d 5h
Patches Events
1d 21h
The PondCast
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
Percival vs TBD
TBD vs herO
OSC
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
OSC
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
Patches Events
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.