• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 15:01
CEST 21:01
KST 04:01
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double1Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon105
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16) How do you feel about the StarCraft shooter announcement at BlizzCon 2026? Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
MLB/Baseball 2023 Football (Soccer) Thread
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 6927 users

[Interview] 2010-11-28 KT vs STX

Forum Index > BW General
Post a Reply
Funnytoss
Profile Blog Joined August 2007
Taiwan1471 Posts
November 28 2010 12:30 GMT
#1
Bogus

[image loading]

- Your first victory in Round 2 ended your team's losing streak
▲I'm not confident in my chances against top players, so I'm glad I was able to pull through.

- Initially your opponent had an advantage - you seemed a bit passive?
▲I was a bit more passive than in practice. But his recall used up a fair amount of his forces, and that gave me an opening. If he went head-to-head it would have been pretty close.

- What did you do during the SPL break?
▲Just practice. If it's a relatively short break, that's what I normally do.

- Feelings now?
▲I was pretty nervous in today's game, and I made a lot of mistakes. There's a lot to improve on. My game has improved with my judgment. My playstyle used to be more aggressive, but because I'm still lacking confidence in televised matches, I shrank back a little.

- What are your hopes for Round 2?
▲4-5 wins. I'll be pretty satisfied if I can put up results like that.

Shuttle

[image loading]

- Your first win in Round 2 helped end your team's losing streak
▲I've been losing too much recently, an it's been pretty tough. It was a relief to finally get a win today. I'm sure I can ride this momentum to better results in the future... at least, I'd better, haha.

- You had mirror openings - what was the key to breaking it open?
▲My opponent seemed to want to play a mobility game [T/N 运动战?], and so I just held my ground. His tactics allowed me to take out his Dragoons and Reavers. If we were both just building up at our bases, then it's hard to say who would have come out on top in a full confrontation.

- What do you think of the new maps?
▲I started practicing on them only after I was told that I would be starting. Maybe it's because they're new, so I'm not entirely sure, but they seem decent for Protoss. Consequently, the other teams seem to be starting Protoss more often than not. But after a few more games on it... it actually seems a bit Terran-favored. What's for certain is that this map is definitely better for other races than Central Plains was.

- What did you do during the break?
▲I went out and got some fresh air, and that relieved some of the stress. But as soon as the match began, I had this strong feeling telling me that I absolutely could not lose, so I got nervous all over again.

- Goals for Round 2?
▲In Round 2 I want to get 5-6 wins. Just a little wish of mine, haha.

Classic

[image loading]

- Your first victory of Round 2 helped end your team's losing streak [T/N I'm starting to get sick of this question T_T]
▲I didn't know I'd meet Action today, since this map is a bit hard for Zerg... so seeing him threw me off a bit. Apparently in the first round my opponent tried to use him to snipe me, but I unfortunately didn't start that time. At any rate, that's why I had to win today. That said, I wasn't very happy about today's results. Action will do well in the future, so I hope he doesn't let it get to him.

- How did you think of the proxy-fac Vulture tactic?
▲During practice, I noticed that our team's Terrans really liked proxy-facs, so I incorporated it into my play. It's effective against Muta harass and great for taking out workers. Once I saw his Mutas fly home, I knew I had an advantage.

- It's been a long time since we've seen such strategic play
▲I don't do risky builds a lot in televised matches, so I'm really glad I won that. I need to put more effort into practicing economic play - my goal is to become an econ-oriented player.

- What did you do during break?
▲I just transferred so I have to put up results. As such, I stayed behind and practiced with my teammates. I've always put a lot of time into practice, so to me that's just what you have to do.

- You and Bogus both won today - what are your Ts doing now?
▲Bogus is too good. He's the Ace, and I follow in his footsteps. I have to take it up a notch - I hope we'll both continue to do well.

- Goals for Round 2?
▲I didn't start much in Round 1 - rather than winning games, my goal for now is first to earn a starting position. I want to play in more matches, and produce some entertaining matches.

- Final remarks?
▲It was my birthday yesterday, and everyone threw a party for me today. Thanks to the STX team and the fans who did all this for me. I'll repay you all with results in the future.

Hero

[image loading]

- Thoughts on closing out the match today?
▲I don't know why, but in my recent games, I've felt particularly stressed out. I get really nervous in games easily, and I lose suddenly without even knowing what happened. I hope this doesn't happen anymore in the future, and that I can win more and more.

- Your recent slump must have been tough
▲Although I was knocked out of both individual leagues, I think that's a good thing. I feel at this point in time I need to focus on increasing my winning percentage in the Proleague, regaining my skills, and give the individual leagues another shot next time. Though it's tough, there's not much you can do about it. You just have to go out and win.

- Your tactic of holding back 2 Zerglings is quite rare
▲I made this decision after scouting my opponent with my Overlord. I don't know if I played particularly well today, but I was able to kill many workers, so he wasn't able to replenish his Muta count.

- What did you do during break?
▲Because I had individual leagues to practice for, I had a two-day break and then went back to practicing. Ultimately... it seems like it didn't pay off, haha.

- Your Zergs have been slumping this season
▲I don't think our Zergs are doing that poorly. It's just that when they have advantages, they tend to make some errors in judgment, that's all. As long as they can do as well in televised matches as they do in practice, they'll be back on track quickly.

- Goals for Round 2?
▲I don't have any special win goals, just that I can do my best to win in each match that I'm able to start in. I hope our Zergs can shake it up and get back into the fight in this round.

- Final remarks?
▲Thanks to the coaching staff, that stayed behind and helped me out. Our Zergs have been doing poorly recently, so I hope everyone cheers up, and we can strive for victory together [T/N LOL THEY'RE THAT BAD?]

Source: PLU
AIV_Funnytoss and sGs.Funnytoss on iCCup
Sawamura
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Malaysia7602 Posts
November 28 2010 12:48 GMT
#2
GOOOD FOR STX but as a kt fan my hearts break T_T
BW/KT Forever R.I.P KT.Violet dearly missed ..
mustaju
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Estonia4505 Posts
November 28 2010 12:58 GMT
#3
As a STX and Zerg fan, I was especially heartbroken when Calm lost, and because hero doesn't play as well as he used to. But I'm optimistic for the future and this victory feels good after the beating from Stars.
Thanks for the translation, STX fighting!
WriterBrows somewhat high. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ndFysO2JunE
Taekwon
Profile Joined May 2010
United States8155 Posts
November 28 2010 14:20 GMT
#4
good to see rising players
▲ ▲ ▲
vectorix108
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
United States4633 Posts
November 28 2010 19:35 GMT
#5
YEAHHHH STX. kinda sad Calm lost though. but oh well at least it was against flash
Aka XephyR/Shaneyesss
infinitestory
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States4053 Posts
November 28 2010 19:41 GMT
#6
wtf bogus is the ace of stx? thank god i took him off my anti

thanks for translations!
Translator:3
hacklebeast
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States5090 Posts
November 28 2010 19:45 GMT
#7
I didn't think that STX could do it without a strong showing from calm and kal. I was very impressed by classic specifically, that build was executed to perfection.
Protoss: Best, Paralyze, Jangbi, Nal_Ra || Terran: Oov, Boxer, Fantasy, Hiya|| Zerg: Yellow, Zero
night terrors
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
China1284 Posts
November 28 2010 19:46 GMT
#8
On November 29 2010 04:41 infinitestory wrote:
wtf bogus is the ace of stx? thank god i took him off my anti

thanks for translations!


I think he means the Ace of the terran line. Not of the whole team.




...
I hope not, or my FPL will tremble.
Through high and low, bisu boy, through high and low.
infinitestory
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States4053 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-11-28 19:50:09
November 28 2010 19:46 GMT
#9
On November 29 2010 04:45 hacklebeast wrote:
I didn't think that STX could do it without a strong showing from calm and kal. I was very impressed by classic specifically, that build was executed to perfection.

Classic was a rising terran star for much of last season, but I hope we see him really step it up. I remember he had one ridiculous game where he multitasked to command 2 or 3 drops simultaneously.

edit: watch this game from classic
Translator:3
TheNessman
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
United States4158 Posts
November 28 2010 19:58 GMT
#10
This shows exactly why STX is strong team, None of their S(A) Class players are in this winners interview but they still took out KT, if they can keep their depth up, They can easily be top 2 or 3 teams this year.
~~! youtube.com/xmungam1 !~~
hacklebeast
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States5090 Posts
November 28 2010 20:09 GMT
#11
On November 29 2010 04:46 infinitestory wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 29 2010 04:45 hacklebeast wrote:
I didn't think that STX could do it without a strong showing from calm and kal. I was very impressed by classic specifically, that build was executed to perfection.

Classic was a rising terran star for much of last season, but I hope we see him really step it up. I remember he had one ridiculous game where he multitasked to command 2 or 3 drops simultaneously.

edit: watch this game from classic


I remember him doing well in estro; I had him on my FPL last season. It was still impressive.
Protoss: Best, Paralyze, Jangbi, Nal_Ra || Terran: Oov, Boxer, Fantasy, Hiya|| Zerg: Yellow, Zero
McDonalds
Profile Joined March 2010
Liechtenstein2244 Posts
November 28 2010 20:21 GMT
#12
On November 29 2010 04:46 infinitestory wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 29 2010 04:45 hacklebeast wrote:
I didn't think that STX could do it without a strong showing from calm and kal. I was very impressed by classic specifically, that build was executed to perfection.

Classic was a rising terran star for much of last season, but I hope we see him really step it up. I remember he had one ridiculous game where he multitasked to command 2 or 3 drops simultaneously.

edit: watch this game from classic

I think his biggest problem is confidence. That game shows what he is capable of. Another example is Classic versus Hogil from the last STX Masters tournament. During the first half of the game, he doesn't do very well. Then he wakes up and executes a push where he doesn't seem to lose a single unit. When he plays well, he plays REALLY well.
High five :---)
mustaju
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Estonia4505 Posts
November 29 2010 03:16 GMT
#13
I totally forgot to say a belated happy Birthday to Classic!
+ Show Spoiler +
not like he'll ever read this, but whatever.
WriterBrows somewhat high. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ndFysO2JunE
KimchiFriedRice
Profile Joined May 2009
Canada237 Posts
November 29 2010 03:24 GMT
#14
Ughh the transformation of Calm to Clam during the game was so heartbreaking.
Oh well, as long as KTFlash keeps losing, I am happy!
I will shove Kimchi up your ass and watch you writhe in pain.
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Monday Night Weeklies
16:00
#65
RotterdaM923
TKL 315
TaKeTV 288
IndyStarCraft 221
BRAT_OK 118
ZombieGrub19
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RotterdaM 923
TKL 315
IndyStarCraft 221
MaxPax 138
BRAT_OK 118
UpATreeSC 95
JuggernautJason35
ZombieGrub19
EmSc Tv 19
Nathanias 17
StarCraft: Brood War
Shuttle 698
ggaemo 173
White-Ra 127
firebathero 106
Barracks 58
910 54
Hyun 37
Trap 26
Killer 26
Bale 21
[ Show more ]
ToSsGirL 19
Shine 18
yabsab 8
Dota 2
qojqva4537
Counter-Strike
Fnx 786
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby7754
crisheroes1852
Liquid`Hasu1639
Trikslyr52
Other Games
Liquid`RaSZi4194
singsing1430
summit1g994
Beastyqt762
ceh9637
B2W.Neo393
shahzam273
C9.Mang0154
KnowMe126
ArmadaUGS109
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream388
Other Games
BasetradeTV192
StarCraft 2
EmSc Tv 19
EmSc2Tv 19
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• kabyraGe 178
• Reevou 6
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• 80smullet 25
• Azhi_Dahaki20
• FirePhoenix14
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Nemesis2321
• TFBlade834
Other Games
• Shiphtur252
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
14h 59m
Afreeca Starleague
14h 59m
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d 4h
Kung Fu Cup
1d 15h
The PondCast
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
4 days
Online Event
4 days
FEL
4 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.