• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 23:03
CEST 05:03
KST 12:03
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double1Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon105
StarCraft 2
General
Recent patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot
Tourneys
[ASL22] Rp8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 6305 users

What to do after a nasty losing streak?

Forum Index > Closed
Post a Reply
1 2 3 4 5 Next All
mute20
Profile Joined April 2010
Canada175 Posts
September 02 2010 19:00 GMT
#1
Just went on a 11 game losing streak on Monday after taking a break and watching mlg/ufc. What do you guys do after playing poorly and what do you do to make a comeback and make up for your loses?? Dropped about 150 points and about 30 ranks so I just played a lot of world of tanks yesterdays.
zoLo
Profile Blog Joined June 2007
United States5896 Posts
September 02 2010 19:02 GMT
#2
If i take a break then I end up not touching the game for maybe a week or two. I go on to play other games that I have.
Ksyper
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Bulgaria665 Posts
September 02 2010 19:02 GMT
#3
I just take a break, it doesn't matter what I do during the break. My breaks can last an hour or a day it depends on my mood.
MoreFaSho
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States1427 Posts
September 02 2010 19:03 GMT
#4
Just play some custom games, cheese the fuck out of someone and get your mojo back. It's like a "slumpbuster".
I always try to shield slam face, just to make sure it doesnt work
UisTehSux
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
United States693 Posts
September 02 2010 19:03 GMT
#5
I smoke a woodtipped black n' mild, drink coffee from my huge mug, and watch some starcraft 2 streams. After I cool off I open up the Yet Another Build Order Tester and make sure my builds are 100% down. Then I go online to try again. If my friends wanna do 2v2s then do those, but if no one is on then I do 1v1s again.
I underestimated that boy. No... it was not the boy I underestimated, it was the Triforce of Courage.
silver_fox
Profile Joined June 2008
Canada243 Posts
September 02 2010 19:04 GMT
#6
i personally can't end on a losing note like that... i would keep playing (even on mass tilt) until i win.

if its really bad i use a cheese strat to pull off a quick win then quit for the day.
simme123
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
Sweden810 Posts
September 02 2010 19:06 GMT
#7
I usually just keep on playing until I get a win cause i can bare the thought of quitting when I've lost
jinorazi
Profile Joined October 2004
Korea (South)4948 Posts
September 02 2010 19:11 GMT
#8
its like gambling. take a break and try again a different day.
age: 84 | location: california | sex: 잘함
Megaman703
Profile Blog Joined September 2009
Canada688 Posts
September 02 2010 19:13 GMT
#9
I go to FFA and roll some noobies. Makes me feel a lot better.
ulf5
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
Sweden208 Posts
September 02 2010 19:15 GMT
#10
Cry myself to sleep.
JQL
Profile Joined July 2010
United States214 Posts
September 02 2010 19:19 GMT
#11
Go on forums and complain how every race is OP even mirror games are Op. Or you can try to play some team games, some 2v2 3v3 4v4, kind of like.. if you cant beat them, join them.
no way
Endbringer
Profile Joined June 2010
United States111 Posts
September 02 2010 19:19 GMT
#12
I smash things in my room, but I am emotionally retarded, so...
TheFlyingZerg
Profile Joined August 2010
98 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-09-02 19:20:29
September 02 2010 19:20 GMT
#13
After a long losing streak I make some coffee and have a smoke.

Then I nerdrage and punch my girlfriend until I feel better. (Kidding >.> )

Just take a break for a bit and calm yourself down, then go back to playing if you feel the urge.
Altar
Profile Joined May 2008
United States577 Posts
September 02 2010 19:21 GMT
#14
I just went on a 9 game losing streak this morning. I had to go outside to get some air because the last game was against the worst protoss in the world and somehow i lost.
Heavens to Betsy
RoarMan
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
Canada745 Posts
September 02 2010 19:23 GMT
#15
Take a chill pill, toke a spliff, relax and play some custom games. Working out is also great to get rid of some stress from losing, push-ups, sit ups, lifting some weights etc.

Come back in an hour and continue to ladder :D
All the pros got dat Ichie.
Knightlax
Profile Joined July 2010
United States150 Posts
September 02 2010 19:28 GMT
#16
Win. Otherwise its still a nasty losing streak.
Tiaan
Profile Joined August 2010
United States35 Posts
September 02 2010 19:29 GMT
#17
On September 03 2010 04:28 Knightlax wrote:
Win. Otherwise its still a nasty losing streak.


Pretty much this.

I can't stop unless the last game I played was a win
Konsume
Profile Joined February 2010
Canada466 Posts
September 02 2010 19:31 GMT
#18
Each time I lose 5 in a row, I go play custom games for about 30min. Then I come back and watch my 5 replays at 2x speed and mostly watch the income tab... cause most of the time it went wrong cause of it and than go back to playing another 5... which will normaly result in more wins.

but in any case, NEVER stop playing for a long period of time since you're not improving at all.
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.
arb
Profile Blog Joined April 2008
Noobville17922 Posts
September 02 2010 19:32 GMT
#19
quit playing go outside enjoy some fresh air or something
Artillery spawned from the forges of Hell
Icemind
Profile Joined May 2010
Germany570 Posts
September 02 2010 19:33 GMT
#20
Jump on my bike, get my pulse to 200 and drive arround until i cant go on no more.
After that iam super calm again which usually means that the streak is ended
1 2 3 4 5 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 6h 57m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 2418
NotJumperer 8
Noble 4
Dota 2
monkeys_forever1044
NeuroSwarm218
Heroes of the Storm
WinterStarcraft62
Other Games
summit1g6635
Coldzera 790
JimRising 662
C9.Mang0366
PiGStarcraft273
ArmadaUGS40
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1004
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream329
[ Show 10 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Letter146
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Lourlo448
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6h 57m
Afreeca Starleague
6h 57m
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
20h 57m
Kung Fu Cup
1d 7h
The PondCast
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
4 days
Online Event
4 days
FEL
4 days
AI Arena Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.