• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 06:58
CEST 12:58
KST 19:58
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)39Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? Bot on ladder BW General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Where can I find Flash replays that work?
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7713 users

What to do after a nasty losing streak? - Page 4

Forum Index > Closed
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All
RoboSnail
Profile Joined June 2010
United States59 Posts
September 02 2010 21:16 GMT
#61
I just switch to terran for Ez mode win.
CanucksJC
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Canada1241 Posts
September 02 2010 21:22 GMT
#62
LOL @ all the Terran OP comments in this thread.
UBC StarCraft Club is official @ UBC Vancouver campus! Your first eSport community on campus. Welcomes players of all levels at UBC. Follow us on facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/group.php?gid=155630424470014 or IRC @ irc.rizon.net #ubcsc
ROOTFayth
Profile Joined January 2004
Canada3351 Posts
September 02 2010 21:22 GMT
#63
On September 03 2010 04:02 zoLo wrote:
If i take a break then I end up not touching the game for maybe a week or two. I go on to play other games that I have.

It's definitely not how you can become a top player at any games
Jenslyn87
Profile Joined May 2010
Denmark527 Posts
September 02 2010 21:24 GMT
#64
I will play on EXTREME TILT until I somehow pull out a win with half-assed cheese. Not proud of it, but I tilt so bad in this game. Have decided to really try and stop doing it, tho, but dunno if I can... judging from poker and other games, it's just kinda what I do when things go bad.

Just had a 9 game loss streak. It started by me trying to cheese for fun, then it didn't work and I tried again. Didn't work. Then I just got reaaally stubborn and kept cheesing and losing for 9 straight games, losing over 100 points. Brilliant!
Hmmm, I wonder what terran is doiAAAAARGH BANSHEEEEES
SiN]
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
United States540 Posts
September 02 2010 21:26 GMT
#65
I think about my losses, what I should have done, and then come back the next day and go on a win streak.
Sprouter
Profile Joined December 2009
United States1724 Posts
September 02 2010 21:33 GMT
#66
whenever i lose i just get pissed off and try to play even better the next game
fdsdfg
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
United States1251 Posts
September 02 2010 21:37 GMT
#67
I'm trying to improve my outlook in this a lot... I lost 6 games in a row - I put so much effort into each of them, tried to fix all my shortcomings, but I just lost decisively each time. I was bitching about them to my girlfriend who sadly said "you haven't smiled in a long time..." and I realize that I let my losses get to me too much

Losses can feel really helpless sometimes. I lost a ZvZ to baneling micro, so I said I'll try to do better at that. I lost to a scouted 4gate push on Xel'Naga Caverns and I said I'll try to get faster hydras instead of building more roaches. I'll lose to a timing MMM push, so the next match I have better scouting to watch their army. Then I lose to 2 cloaked banshees and a viking to shoot my overseers. It's very frustrating.

I made the analogy that it's like I'm exhausted because I just ran the best I could in a marathon.. and finding out I came in dead last. No pleasure whatsoever - I put my best out there and it was beaten into oblivion.

I dunno what the solution is... not just 'stop caring' because I have a competitive mindset and I want to win. I guess take a break for a bit, then come back and look at the replays and try to identify mistakes of mine and just improve those?
aka Siyko
berzerger
Profile Joined September 2010
Turkey95 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-09-02 21:41:08
September 02 2010 21:40 GMT
#68
I watch some good streams. If there is no live good streams, I watch Sen's recorded streams.
-or-
I go cuddle with my gf
-or-
I break things in the room
-or-
I watch TV
-or-
I go to gym
-or-
I drink till I get wasted
Rudiment
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States174 Posts
September 02 2010 21:41 GMT
#69
play WoW

User was warned for this post
Adeeler
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
United Kingdom764 Posts
September 02 2010 21:45 GMT
#70
Watch the replay of how you lost that will more effectively stop your chances of losing in the same way.
LarJarsE
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
United States1378 Posts
September 02 2010 21:46 GMT
#71
I take breaks like every two games and do something else at least for a few mins. It gives my mind a quick rest, then I'm right back into it.
since 98'
Arnstein
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Norway3381 Posts
September 02 2010 21:59 GMT
#72
I just don't know what to do now...I haven't played in a week, and because of inactivity I went from rank 20 to 70. I was going to play to get myself higher up on the ladder, but my first match was a 50min game where the opponent just raped me with hellions, thors, marines and tanks. Even though I had mapcontrol and many more bases I still lost...I'm REALLY angry.

After that I played a game against protoss where I just played badly...fuuuuuu....
rsol in response to the dragoon voice being heard in SCII: dragoon ai reaches new lows: wanders into wrong game
thOr6136
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
Slovenia1775 Posts
September 02 2010 22:01 GMT
#73
well, i am loosing really badly ( at east for me) atm. I was off for 1 week, now i come back and went yesterday 3-8, and today 2-6, got really mad and went off, blagh, i hope it will b better tomorrow
ondik
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
Czech Republic2908 Posts
September 02 2010 22:07 GMT
#74
i read it as "what to do after nasty steak" and was wondering what is it doing in SC2 forum haha
Bisu. The one and only. // Save the cheerreaver, save the world (of SC2)
Silent331
Profile Joined June 2010
United States356 Posts
September 02 2010 22:09 GMT
#75
go for a walk
They cant beat you, They only hope you beat yourself.
pmLai
Profile Joined March 2010
Norway38 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-09-02 22:58:12
September 02 2010 22:53 GMT
#76
Turn off ingame music, turn on some good music. Try to play the game and time your moves to the music. It's awesome!

On September 03 2010 07:07 ondik wrote:
i read it as "what to do after nasty steak" and was wondering what is it doing in SC2 forum haha

Haha... you made me spill my orange juice all over my keyboard. xD
Bleb
Profile Joined August 2010
Croatia278 Posts
September 02 2010 23:02 GMT
#77
I play some 2v2 with random companion... I'm placed in silver (or something like that) so it gives me opportunity to play some casual games / try new race / new builds / fend of some rushes (dear god I can't remember last time I saw zerg in silver that didn't go 7-9 pool)
Kal_rA
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
United States2925 Posts
September 02 2010 23:48 GMT
#78
RAGEE
Jaedong.
Dfgj
Profile Joined May 2008
Singapore5922 Posts
September 03 2010 00:11 GMT
#79
On September 03 2010 04:29 Tiaan wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 03 2010 04:28 Knightlax wrote:
Win. Otherwise its still a nasty losing streak.


Pretty much this.

I can't stop unless the last game I played was a win

My thoughts.

End the streak, and then you're on a 1-win streak.
Bubu
Profile Joined August 2010
Germany29 Posts
September 03 2010 00:23 GMT
#80
switch to terran

or

visit mary jane
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
The PondCast
10:00
Episode 111
CranKy Ducklings31
CranKy Ducklings SOOP13
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech126
StarCraft: Brood War
Shuttle 2749
Bisu 1027
Horang2 681
Jaedong 589
Hyuk 499
BeSt 446
actioN 289
firebathero 257
Light 238
Zeus 210
[ Show more ]
Stork 171
Leta 138
Soulkey 135
EffOrt 117
Last 101
Soma 96
ZerO 76
Mini 74
Sexy 68
Pusan 64
Rush 57
Mong 46
ggaemo 43
Killer 42
Mind 38
Aegong 36
Shinee 35
soO 28
hero 27
Bale 23
ToSsGirL 21
PianO 19
Terrorterran 17
Sharp 16
sorry 16
NaDa 14
Free 13
Yoon 12
JulyZerg 11
HiyA 10
Shine 9
Noble 7
ajuk12(nOOB) 7
Snow 5
Dota 2
Fuzer 110
Dendi13
League of Legends
Reynor64
Counter-Strike
olofmeister1540
shoxiejesuss1166
x6flipin224
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King135
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor2132
crisheroes480
Other Games
gofns35387
singsing1840
XBOCT341
DeMusliM186
Livibee103
ArmadaUGS94
B2W.Neo78
QueenE55
Liquid`LucifroN12
ZerO(Twitch)11
Chillindude1
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream291
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH329
• LUISG 40
• Letter144
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Jankos2447
Upcoming Events
OSC
2h 3m
Stellar Fest
2h 3m
OSC
13h 3m
Stellar Fest
1d 2h
CranKy Ducklings
1d 23h
Online Event
2 days
FEL
2 days
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
[ Show More ]
INu's Battles
3 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
Afreeca Starleague
4 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
5 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
The PondCast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.